May 17, 2024, 08:07:45 AM

Author Topic: Confrontation in Laventille  (Read 26330 times)

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Confrontation in Laventille
« on: May 12, 2009, 08:14:38 PM »

Anybody take in news on CNC tonight.

Apparently the police take a youth man from one block in Laventille and drop him in another block, purposefully to get a cutarse.

Sampson Nanton end up by the water tanks in ah track interviewing the youth man who was in handcuffs after he escape from the police and the rival block.

Then shots ring out, when they reach back out on to the main road is cause the natives rioting and the police had let off some warning shots and what looked like tear gas.

All caught on tape.

Més que un club.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: CNC News • May 12th
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 08:18:55 PM »
 :D

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 08:46:38 PM »

Anybody take in news on CNC tonight.

Apparently the police take a youth man from one block in Laventille and drop him in another block, purposefully to get a cutarse.

Sampson Nanton end up by the water tanks in ah track interviewing the youth man who was in handcuffs after he escape from the police and the rival block.

Then shots ring out, when they reach back out on to the main road is cause the natives rioting and the police had let off some warning shots and what looked like tear gas.

All caught on tape.

A pardner call and told meh did not pay it much mind.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 08:55:36 PM »
them police go have to answer to that now. stueps i wish cnc3 had recordings of there news cast stueps
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 09:01:43 PM »
them police go have to answer to that now. stueps i wish cnc3 had recordings of there news cast stueps

Dey go say he get away and dey who save he from gettin kill.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2009, 09:25:18 PM »

hahaha in truth
Youtube Channel

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2009, 09:32:19 PM »

hahaha in truth

I know my police  :rotfl:

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2009, 08:13:06 AM »
http://guardian.co.tt/news/...shots-tear-gas-laventille

Gunshots, tear gas in Laventille

Shots were fired and tear gas thrown as residents and police clashed at Picton Road, Laventille, yesterday. The mid-afternoon drama was caused by the detention of an 18-year-old resident, Trevlon Harry, by members of the Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) hours earlier.

Harry managed to escape from the Laventille hills and was interviewed by the media, still wearing handcuffs on his wrists. He told CNC3 that when he was taken to an area called Block 8, the police called out some men who beat him.

Harry said kept on asking him for a gun. But he said he told them that it was in a house close by in order to get away. He said hen he got an opportunity he ran away in handcuffs. The heat was on when about 300 residents engaged in a stand-off with the heavily-armed police and soldiers at the corner of Dan Kelly Village and Picton Road, demanding answers. Several parts of Picton Road, leading to Pump Trace, were blocked with burning tyres, dust bins and debris.

One of the officers of the unit had to be rescued when residents spotted him in the area. All it took was for one man to shout, “All you, look the officer over there, the one who kidnap the youth-man!” Men, women, children and the elderly left their stand-off position near the tanks, and ran towards the officer. With chants of “Allah-U-Ackbar,” or “God is great,” the villagers called upon the officer to say what happened to Harry.

“What you do with the boy? Where the youth man you and you team kidnap this morning?” asked a resident. “He need to give us some answers now before we beat the living out of him,” said another villager, as he shoved his hand in the officer’s face. Outnumbered by the irate villagers, the officer was advised by a senior officer to leave the area, before things got out of control. As the officer entered a vehicle to make his retreat, residents hurled abuses at him.

“Why you running for? Don’t run, barber boy, don’t run,” some of them chanted. “Imagine, little children playing and all you just firing shots and tear gas all because of a peaceful protest. “Well all you shoot now! All you can’t shoot?” shouted a man as three heavily-armed officers formed a barricade near the tank. The officers later made a hasty retreat after the crowd grew and began behaving violently.

“They kidnap a a youth-man here this morning, take him from here in Picton ...and carried him over in Block Eight and have men beating him, bussing up he head. “We block the road because we want to know where the youth man gone, said one villager, who did not wish to be identified.

“They (police) pull out tear gas and flash grenades and throw it in the crowds. They said all of us is criminals and gunmen, so they don’t care. But we don’t want no war with them. But if is war they want then is war they go get.” A man who only identified himself as Shabbaz denounced the alleged activities of the police. “As an elder in this community, I think what the police did is unjust. That is not the right way—for the police to be kidnapping people—because when they do that, what are they leaving for us to do?

“We just simply have no faith and trust in the police,” he said. He added, “As long as we don’t get any satisfaction, we are going to continue protesting and once they come around here and advantage us, we going to retaliate, because oppression is worst than slaughter.” Ena Williams, 89, said officers fired a tear gas canister at her. One man was arrested for using obscene language.

Picton Heat

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article_news?id=161476651

POLICE resorted to tear gas and gunfire in the air to quell a growing protest in the hills of Laventille yesterday following the arrest of a teenager who had been dumped off in a rival territory in the crime-ridden district.

Soldiers and police with assault rifles drawn were forced to take control of the situation as it seemed to grow out of control.

Angry young men walked up to heavily armed police officers, pointed their fingers in their faces warning, "All yuh cyar walk through here again ... or else we go deal with all yuh!"

This was the scene in Picton Road, Laventille, near the water tanks, once touted as a tourist attraction. This was the same area where residents engaged in a fiery protest last March over allegations of police brutality.

Residents claimed the incident was sparked after Trevlyn Harry, 18, was picked up by three police officers around 11 a.m. and taken to an area known as "Block Eight" in Laventille where he was beaten by a group of men while the officers looked on.

Harry was warned to lead the police to a gun to stop being beaten even more. While leading the officers to a house in the area he escaped, still handcuffed.

Word about what happened spread through the area like wildfire. Sometime around 4 p.m. the mostly young men started the protest, burning tyres in the road and emptying garbage along the narrow path leading to the area from as far as Pump Trace.

Responding first were officers of the Guard and Emergency Branch and the Besson Street Police Station. They arrived on the scene in a convoy of SUVs and vans and at first tried to calm irate residents.

Residents alleged that some of the officers fired shots in the air to disperse the crowd. This didn't work and members of the Riot Squad were called in as reinforcements.

The blimp hovered overhead as it circled the area providing information to law enforcement officials on the ground.

Tear gas canisters were fired into the crowd as officers took strategic positions guarding their colleagues who were on the front line. The crowd dispersed but then rushed forward, confronting the officers as the smoke billowed across the terrain.

One can of tear gas was rolled into the seething crowd and exploded, sending them scampering in different directions.

Some of the protesters wrapped their faces in T-shirts and moved head on at the officers as the confrontation continued.

The Express, however, witnessed the effects of the tear gas long after the canister had been emptied. It was rather painful to the eyes.

The presence of members of the media seemed to embolden the protesters even more.

In full view of cameras they approached the heavily armed officers demanding to see one officer, who they claimed, was among the group who picked up Harry.

When they spotted him, they ran up to him but his colleagues prevented the mob from dealing with the officer.

"They hiding him!" accused the crowd.

"Look him dey," they said.

The police, now backed up by members of the Regiment, fortified their position in front of their colleague.

Mostly Galils-the weapon of choice by both police and Regiment- were kept at the ready. It even appeared that the situation was about to become much worse had a Guard and Emergency Branch Inspector not intervened.

He spoke to his officers. He even spoke to the crowd and kept the tension-filled flare-ups at a minimum.

By about 6.15 p.m. the protest had been quelled.

"That eh the end," assured one young man..." All yuh go have real work later," he told reporters.

Police maintained a presence in the area late yesterday.

Més que un club.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2009, 08:36:37 AM »
LOL I SEE IT THIS MORNING rel action
Youtube Channel

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2009, 08:38:51 AM »
Oh boy.

Dis go be interesting. Another example why crime rampant in dem areas. Police feel dey hadda use unconventional means to execute justice cuz the justice system in a mess...residence eh like dat and seeing de police as de enemy.

It sad really....one ting i notice with many of de so called ghetto people i interact with...dey always feel like de world against dem. Correction seen as somebody "fighting dem down"...it never for their own good. Dis go never stop until some major changes take place. But it eh get so overnight...yuh cant expect dat to fix overnight either.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2009, 09:48:13 AM »
Oh boy.

Dis go be interesting. Another example why crime rampant in dem areas. Police feel dey hadda use unconventional means to execute justice cuz the justice system in a mess...residence eh like dat and seeing de police as de enemy.

It sad really....one ting i notice with many of de so called ghetto people i interact with...dey always feel like de world against dem. Correction seen as somebody "fighting dem down"...it never for their own good. Dis go never stop until some major changes take place. But it eh get so overnight...yuh cant expect dat to fix overnight either.

Them livin conditions does leave people ina state of arrested development, it eh easy to develop into a full contributing citizen when you constantly have to think about surviving and feeding your family.

But its always amazing when somebody get kill NOBODY saw a thing, or wasn't there period. But when police slap around some punk they suspect of being a dealer or killer, EVERYBODY see, they know the officer name, where they posted and where they live.

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2009, 10:50:49 AM »
Watch meh TT look real real poor on TV last night...i couldnt believe it.

Plus too the story come like real TV ting...like is training day with Denzel Washington we watching.

You woulda swear is Haiti, or some kinda war torn place in Africa we living.

Also too how the people getting on with the police and the police moving...scared and intimidated.

I just couldnt understand it. If those police didnt have guns...is level cutarse they woulda collect.

But they were just posing and using the guns and the people were aggressive..a kinda...Yuh cyar do me nuttin...kinda behaviour.

It go have a new war with police and theif just now.

We real sad down here.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2009, 11:36:59 AM »
actually now might be a good time for manning to take over ministry of national security

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2009, 11:47:53 AM »

Plus too the story come like real TV ting...like is training day with Denzel Washington we watching.

Also too how the people getting on with the police and the police moving...scared and intimidated.

I just couldnt understand it. If those police didnt have guns...is level cutarse they woulda collect.

But they were just posing and using the guns and the people were aggressive..a kinda...Yuh cyar do me nuttin...kinda behaviour.

We real sad down here.

Half ah dat was probably grandstanding b/c of the cameras.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2009, 11:49:54 AM »

We real sad down here.

training day come to mind too,this morning too when i see it lol  :D
Youtube Channel

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2009, 12:21:31 PM »
Oh boy.

Them livin conditions does leave people ina state of arrested development, it eh easy to develop into a full contributing citizen when you constantly have to think about surviving and feeding your family.

But its always amazing when somebody get kill NOBODY saw a thing, or wasn't there period. But when police slap around some punk they suspect of being a dealer or killer, EVERYBODY see, they know the officer name, where they posted and where they live.

I not disputing dat. But dem come like a man dat in a hole...and he complaining and vex and find de person who put him in de hole should get him out..when he have rope..a ladder... and other tools he need to get out...if he just apply heself. And yuh second point just adds to it. Admittedly there are often reprisals for reporting crimes...which lead to people not seeing nothing...especially as it seen as a bad thing because you "snitch". But if you know the persons are criminal elements...and the police takin measures to deal with it...in whatever way.....allyuh go act like that? Steups. Worse yet when it have cameras around...behaviour gets worse cause they know the police wont retaliate like they deserve.

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2009, 12:44:44 PM »
actually now might be a good time for manning to take over ministry of national security

Really...............how so?

Is it because he has shown some much competency any every other ministerial position he has held.

Més que un club.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2009, 01:56:16 PM »
no he too busy wining, dining and kissing with foreigners arss.  He go only go in the the community when time for elections.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2009, 02:10:28 PM »
no he too busy wining, dining and kissing with foreigners arss.  He go only go in the the community when time for elections.

he lucky people do assassinate leaders in trinidad
Youtube Channel

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2009, 03:11:09 PM »
I now watch it on jumptv.com, didnt get any audio but a good quality video.  Them popo really looking like they scared of the people. And the people look like they know it too. I hadda agree with Touches, it look like Hati or one of them places in Africa

They need to get some rubber bullets and fire a couple rounds. Perhaps Martial Law or something like that in these areas might be needed. Or they could have accidentally fired a shot into the blimp that was hovering over the air at the time. Problem solved one time.

Yes I know that is a tad bit extreme but desperate times call for desperate measures. And that clip, the popo look real desperate.
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Read the lore, warlocks are mages that decided not to suck.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2009, 03:30:07 PM »

I not disputing dat. But dem come like a man dat in a hole...and he complaining and vex and find de person who put him in de hole should get him out..when he have rope..a ladder... and other tools he need to get out...if he just apply heself. And yuh second point just adds to it. Admittedly there are often reprisals for reporting crimes...which lead to people not seeing nothing...especially as it seen as a bad thing because you "snitch". But if you know the persons are criminal elements...and the police takin measures to deal with it...in whatever way.....allyuh go act like that? Steups. Worse yet when it have cameras around...behaviour gets worse cause they know the police wont retaliate like they deserve.

Dais exactly the point. When you in a hole, is natural to despair and cuss the man who put you in there. But the #1 priority should be to hush yuh ass and get out because all the cussing and fight down talk eh carrying you nowhere.  

Prroblem is the youths applying themselves a lil too much...they trying to shoot dey way out,  and the communities see that as being justified under this 'fight down'. So the police is the automatic enemy. So why even bother sending police at all? They want to cuss police out one side dey mouth and then cry neglect out the other while they harbouring all kinda killers and bandits.

They playing brave with police so why they can't be brave enough to root out some of the youths that turning Laventille into a mess and start to rebuild the community.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2009, 04:14:57 PM »

Really...............how so?

Is it because he has shown some much competency any every other ministerial position he has held.
I dunno you tell me...finance 2001 - 2007? 
I was talking more along the lines of taking ownership of the issue.  that way it ent have no excuses.  a political gamble but he could end up lookin like a real hero if he achieve it.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2009, 04:16:45 PM »
Update News: 3 police officers have been disciplined and Re-assigned

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2009, 04:30:25 PM »
what dat report showed is that T&T have a serious SOCIAL problem. dis 'protest' happen during workin hours. so over ah hundred ppl in one community doh have jobs. den yuh cud see a setta children an yute men. why d hell dey not in school dat hour? 
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2009, 05:11:33 PM »
but wait,, despite postin he gorgon over the world wide web

sampson naton still have a wukk as a legitimate journalist?
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2009, 05:16:07 PM »
what dat report showed is that T&T have a serious SOCIAL problem. dis 'protest' happen during workin hours. so over ah hundred ppl in one community doh have jobs. den yuh cud see a setta children an yute men. why d hell dey not in school dat hour? 
just saw it.  I thought it was something big. what small doing outta school and with a gun hiding in he house?  And nuff big man doing home and working no where.  go and fish or something. see who ever influencing him is why he in a painful situation today.  Waste of my time studying bout this cheups.

VIDEO: http://www.facebook.com/v/70553708038
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 06:26:57 PM by Babalawo »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2009, 06:38:12 PM »
Gayelle have a whole show on it airing now.

Interviewing the mother, she now say he have a gun charge that he get when he was 16.

Més que un club.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2009, 06:57:25 PM »

Interviewing the mother, she now say he have a gun charge that he get when he was 16.

People need to call up Gayelle and take them to task for the behavior of that reporter... police shoulda buss she f**king face.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2009, 07:36:13 PM »

People need to call up Gayelle and take them to task for the behavior of that reporter... police shoulda buss she f**king face.
dat is the same thing ah telling meh pardner Bassant..she is ah excuse for a journalist..look what she wearing too..i almost thought like she just come out from she gallery and into the road..she just egging on the shit
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2009, 07:39:09 PM »

ent. them picking up for the same people who toting illegal guns and bringing down the name of laventille and the nation. The main issue is why them fellas having guns and the whole neighbourhood hiding them.  When this reporter get a stray bullet in she shin, she go start to bawl and scream for police to help she and go and lock everyman in laventille after.  

News Update: the boy will be free on bail tomorrow. Now what kind of criminal system going on in TnT ??  He should be put in a youth correctional facility for atleast months to help his wrong mentality.  Betcha he going to get a brand new gun from he gang tomorrow.

1]; } ?>