May 18, 2024, 05:21:24 AM

Author Topic: brazil v croatia  (Read 9918 times)

Offline naparima

• <Insert Interesting Comment Here>
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Rishi Travelogue
Re: Ronaldo remind meh of Stern John today
« Reply #60 on: June 14, 2006, 12:10:37 AM »
agreed!!!
<Blurb> Insert Text
</Blurb>

Offline WARRIORKING

• Deep into weaponry
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2006, 12:13:36 AM »
I WAS NOW SAYING THAT STERN NEED TO BE MORE ACTIVE IN DE GAME CAUSE  IT SEEM LIKE  HE DOES WANT MAN TO WALK OVER AND HAND HIM THE BALL.AND LIKE YEH SAY RONALDO HAVE KAKA, RONALDINHO ,ADRIANO TO DO THE LEG WORK .
My lyrical tendency`s equivalent to a critical felony
Precise behind bars like a criminal`s penalty
Pinnacle definitely, hold so much jewels in my miracle memory
It`s like I`m a physical treasury
I was born with a difficult destiny, not your typical mentally
Givin my vision through treacheries

Offline marcel

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 14, 2006, 01:50:38 AM »

what do you want?

a centre forward that is running the whole time without ball?
and when he gets a ball he cannot do anything because he is so tired?

Stern is the only forward ,when he gets the ball he has to keep it till the midfielders arrive
its a very difficult job
he has to be vey sharp and concentrate on that one good ball
the rest of the passes that are bad he does not run on
i bet that is allso what beenhakker says

ronaldo is looking a bit like maradonna in his bad period
a bit overweight
not interested
what is it with ronaldo and the worldcup?

Offline killadrilla

• Jr. Warrior
  • King Thierry
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 14, 2006, 02:56:06 AM »
i could see ronaldo bussing up big teams further down the line...i could just feel him coming back....i don't think he lazy, he didn't break a sweat cause he need to sweat in the big games against the big teams. He will always deliver when it matters...

remember these words

Offline jose

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: brazil v croatia
« Reply #64 on: June 14, 2006, 04:30:40 AM »
as i said earlier brazil won but it was not convincing

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 14, 2006, 04:32:42 AM »
i think croatia play better than brazil......

hmmmm let's not get carried away....but yeah they played well, especially in the 2nd half when they had to chase the game

Nah I agree with kicker, Croatia DID play better than Brazil especially in the 2nd half....Brazil better thank God that Dida is a good keeper and the Croatians  eh really all dat creative in finishing or else dem Brazilians wouldn't be dancing today.

I would like to see how Brazil would do against Italy for example....De Samba ball ah used to seeing was missing....(is it me or anyone else miss it too??)...

"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 14, 2006, 01:04:30 PM »
i could see ronaldo bussing up big teams further down the line...i could just feel him coming back....i don't think he lazy, he didn't break a sweat cause he need to sweat in the big games against the big teams. He will always deliver when it matters...

remember these words

That too sounds like Stern....
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 14, 2006, 05:43:33 PM »
Kaka - The best is yet to come

Kaka insists Brazil "still have a lot more in their locker" after their disappointing display in their opening World Cup win over Croatia.

Brazil fans will be hoping that in Ronaldo's case that locker does not contain a secret stash of doughnuts, :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: but it would be foolish to suggest that the boys in green and gold should no longer be regarded as favourites.

For in their 1-0 win over a doughty Croatia in Berlin's Olympic Stadium on Tuesday night, Brazil at least provided a telling answer to those who believe they are defensively suspect.

As it happened, centre-backs Lucio and Juan were probably the best players on the pitch, along with AC Milan star Kaka, who could emerge as the star of this World Cup, his first.

Coach Carlos Alberto Parreira will remain faithful to his attacking instincts, and his first-choice players - including Ronaldo - for the next match against Australia and Kaka believes Brazil will then start to show their true worth.

Kaka said "We have got more in our locker and perhaps that opening match will keep our feet on the ground a little, and make us work even harder to improve."

Ronaldinho's effectiveness was somewhat muted but that was partly due to the fact that Croatia concentrated so much on stopping the Barcelona player that it gave more space for Kaka to parade his less colourful but often more effective talents.

Many in the Brazilian media are calling on Parreira to drop Ronaldo, or 'Big Ron' as he is now getting called, and start with Robinho - who only served to emphasise how out of condition his Real Madrid club-mate is when he replaced him against Croatia.

Robinho admitted he would love to be in the starting line-up saying: "I'm doing everything I can in training to be ready to play, but if I'm on the bench, I'll be behind Adriano and Ronaldo all the way."

Parreira will also maintain his beloved 'attacking square' of Ronaldo, Adriano, Ronaldinho and Kaka, which gives each of the quartet absolute freedom to move where they want on the pitch.

Parreira continued: "Australia are physically strong with three or four very good players from the European leagues - Kewell, Bresciano and Cahill especially.

"Our business is to put the ball on the pitch and use our technical capabilities - we are not going to fight it out.

"That game is decisive for whoever wins it has qualified for the last 16 and that's our initial objective."

Croatia's skipper Niko Kovac believes his side should take heart from their display against the Brazilians.

He said: "Nothing is lost yet. We have a realistic chance of winning against Japan and Australia.

"If you don't take the chances you get and you let the opposition take their one chance, you lose.

"We could be in a better position after this match, but we can still manage it because our team have a lot of quality.

"We're in a strong group and it will go down to the last match."

Robinho sets sight on starting spot

The striker's lackluster performance in Brazil's 1-0 win over Croatia on Tuesday in Berlin was just the latest setback for the Real Madrid player, who's now in danger of losing his status as a surefire starter for Brazil.

Ronaldo - who did not talk to the media after the match - and the rest of the Brazilian players will return to practice on Thursday, in preparation for the team's second Group F match against Australia on Sunday in Munich.

Coach Carlos Alberto Parreira has guaranteed Ronaldo will be in the starting lineup against Australia, but admitted he might make changes after that if Ronaldo's play doesn't improve.

Ronaldo was substituted in the 69th minute by youngster Robinho, who's eager to get more time on the field.

"I'm always working to be ready to start," Robinho said after the match. "Parreira is giving me opportunities and I'm trying to take advantage of them. If I get to be the starter, great."

Parreira said he liked Robinho's performance in the few minutes he played.

"Robinho came in well ... he helped on defense and performed well in his function," he said.

Ronaldo seemed off from the beginning against Croatia, struggling to get to passes and having trouble controlling the ball. He got only one shot on goal before coming off.

The poor debut only added to Ronaldo's recent headaches.

After a series on injuries with Real Madrid earlier in the year, Ronaldo arrived for Brazil's training camp admittedly overweight.

Doctors said he would be in shape for the opener, but even his teammates and Parreira acknowledged that was not the case.

"Ronaldo has said in interviews he's not 100 percent, he's not in ideal form," Kaka said.

Parreira added: "Ronaldo hadn't been playing for two months ... it's natural, in a hot day like today, that he felt the lack of rhythm. Certainly, from now on he will get in form little by little."

In Brazil's last warm-up match before its World Cup debut, against New Zealand in Switzerland, Ronaldo was forced to leave the field because of blisters caused by defective cleats, and a couple of days later he missed practice because of a mild respiratory infection.

If that wasn't enough, even the Brazilian president, Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva, got involved in Ronaldo's weight controversy. In a video conference with players just days before the team's debut, Silva asked Parreira whether the striker was fat.

Ronaldo later compared the speculation about his weight to the rumors about the president's affection for alcohol, and Silva ended having to send a fax to Ronaldo saying his previous comments about his weight were meant to end speculation, not add fuel to it.

Ronaldo is only three goals shy of becoming the World Cup's all-time leading scorer. He is tied with Pele with 12 World Cup goals, one fewer than Just Fontaine of France and two behind Gerd Muller of Germany. One more goal will make him Brazil's top scorer.

If Brazil clinches the title - its second consecutive and sixth overall - Ronaldo will equal Pele as a three-time champion.

1]; } ?>