May 17, 2024, 06:01:36 PM

Author Topic: CHELSEA FOREVER! - Home of the Champions!  (Read 639291 times)

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: CHELSEA FOREVER! - Home of the Champions!
« Reply #1230 on: August 23, 2010, 01:05:43 PM »
I agree with Ryan.  Chelsea eh get no opposition tuh talk 'bout yet...and in the 1st half of both matches, it didn't look like minnow vs giant. 

There is however alot to be said about the clinical manner in which Chelsea ultimately won the games though. 

It doh matter how sh*tty the opposition is, 6-0 eh no easy scoreline to replicate back to back at this level of football...

btw is this the most amount of 6-0 scorelines ever recorded in the 1st weeks of the EPL? Chelsea 2wice, Arsenal and Newcastle one each...

The point Ryan is missing, though, is that, as shitty as Wigan are or have been, they have always given Chelsea some kinda problem or another.  Remember that Wigan's first game in the EPL took some last-minute heroics from Hernan Crespo to save face for Chelsea, and for some reason or another they have since been one of those teams that just seems to bogey us, no matter how shitty they looked against other opposition.  Aston Villa is another one.  Nobody is denying that we have had an easy season-opening schedule.  In fact, I pointed that out from early on. That Chelsea has been able to roll over them so easily these last two games we have played them seems (to me) that whatever semi obeah this side had wukkin' on we, like we get over it.  We are beginning to show a killer instinct that seemed to have been missing against some of the lower-tiered teams and if that persists, it can only bode well for the remainder of the season.  I have discussed before on the forum, my concern for Chelsea's inability to consistently score more goals in games.  To me, at least ONE of manu's recent title runs came as a result of chelsea just not scoring enough for themselves when they needed to, especially since their defense has always been solid.  I sure didn't expect a goal-fest on Saturday but I saw this team be more comfortable against Wigan than I have ever seen them and that is a great sign.   :beermug:

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: August 23, 2010, 01:34:03 PM »
I agree with Ryan.  Chelsea eh get no opposition tuh talk 'bout yet...and in the 1st half of both matches, it didn't look like minnow vs giant. 

There is however alot to be said about the clinical manner in which Chelsea ultimately won the games though. 

It doh matter how sh*tty the opposition is, 6-0 eh no easy scoreline to replicate back to back at this level of football...

btw is this the most amount of 6-0 scorelines ever recorded in the 1st weeks of the EPL? Chelsea 2wice, Arsenal and Newcastle one each...

The point Ryan is missing, though, is that, as shitty as Wigan are or have been, they have always given Chelsea some kinda problem or another.  Remember that Wigan's first game in the EPL took some last-minute heroics from Hernan Crespo to save face for Chelsea, and for some reason or another they have since been one of those teams that just seems to bogey us, no matter how shitty they looked against other opposition.  Aston Villa is another one.  Nobody is denying that we have had an easy season-opening schedule.  In fact, I pointed that out from early on. That Chelsea has been able to roll over them so easily these last two games we have played them seems (to me) that whatever semi obeah this side had wukkin' on we, like we get over it.  We are beginning to show a killer instinct that seemed to have been missing against some of the lower-tiered teams and if that persists, it can only bode well for the remainder of the season.  I have discussed before on the forum, my concern for Chelsea's inability to consistently score more goals in games.  To me, at least ONE of manu's recent title runs came as a result of chelsea just not scoring enough for themselves when they needed to, especially since their defense has always been solid.  I sure didn't expect a goal-fest on Saturday but I saw this team be more comfortable against Wigan than I have ever seen them and that is a great sign.   :beermug:

Guess how many Wigan players in d starting lineup remain from that game wid Crespo. Hint: rhymes wid hero.

We scored more goals than any team in Europe and the most in the history of the Premier League last season, so not sure what you mean by we don't score enough goals.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: August 23, 2010, 02:01:00 PM »

Guess how many Wigan players in d starting lineup remain from that game wid Crespo. Hint: rhymes wid hero.

We scored more goals than any team in Europe and the most in the history of the Premier League last season, so not sure what you mean by we don't score enough goals.

Ryan.......seems like your fandom has prevented you from paying attention over the past few years.   Just because we scored a plethora of goals last season does not mean we forget our tendencies prior to that.  If you go back over the past few seasons, when we relinquished the championship to that team up in manchester, we lost or drew low-scoring games against teams that we shouldn't have lost to or drawn with  (Wigan is one of them) and I was making the point back then that Chelsea, as a team, were not consistently scoring enough goals to facilitate their attempt at winning more titles.  It's goals that win matches, nothing else.  When your team scores as consistently as they need to, it takes loads of pressure off the entire team.  I know we have tougher opposition to face and I know that we have some low-scoring games to play in the future.  However, if we score and score and score with the consistency as we have this past season and so far this year, against teams like Wigan, Aston Villa and Everton, then we won't have the same pressures on us come down the end of the season.   

Also, Ryan.....It matters not what the roster of a team is if that team seems to give you a hard time.  Some small teams, for whatever reason, seem to have their turn at being a bigger team's bogey, and my purpose of using that Hernan Crespo winner was to point out that from the onset, Wigan showed that they were not going to be as easy prey for Chelsea as was expected.....and their subsequent encounters proved that......to me, at least.  Until recently Chelsea had a very long bully streak against Tottenham that Spurs were very hard pressed to overcome and I guarantee you that neither roster had the same players at the end of the streak as they did at the beginning of it.  Did that change the fact that We had Tottenham's number?  Of course not.       

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: August 23, 2010, 08:30:49 PM »
Haul alyuh arse, we beating down team. It eh matter who it is, we beating them. When in preseason Man United beat Ireland Pub XI everyone talk all kinda talk and when we lost all we game you coulda use that as a guage. Now alyuh turning around and saying you cyah use these 2 game. Go so with alyuh convenient commentary. Is cut arse they getting.

Chelsea eh even break into 2nd gear yet.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: August 24, 2010, 03:55:08 AM »
Haul alyuh arse, we beating down team. It eh matter who it is, we beating them. When in preseason Man United beat Ireland Pub XI everyone talk all kinda talk and when we lost all we game you coulda use that as a guage. Now alyuh turning around and saying you cyah use these 2 game. Go so with alyuh convenient commentary. Is cut arse they getting.

Chelsea eh even break into 2nd gear yet.

:rotfl:

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: August 24, 2010, 08:04:38 AM »
Man United CANNOT beat no side 6-0.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: August 24, 2010, 08:35:59 AM »

:o :o :o

Poor West Ham next week...Dinho gone and use his goat mouth  :devil:
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: August 24, 2010, 09:08:49 AM »

:o :o :o

Poor West Ham next week...Dinho gone and use his goat mouth  :devil:

Dey bettah hope Cole eh get thru da shit defense deh ha dey lol

giggsy11

« Reply #1238 on: August 28, 2010, 09:33:21 AM »
Now I see how Chelski dos beat teams-bore dem tuh death! Cah believe dey actually sub fat frank, I thought he was untouchable!

giggsy11

« Reply #1239 on: August 28, 2010, 09:49:54 AM »
If Carlos willin tuh sub fat frank when he playin shite, I could see Ramires takin his run. while mikel keeping his spot.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: August 28, 2010, 10:07:09 AM »
3 for 3. Ballin.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: August 28, 2010, 10:34:06 AM »

:devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: August 28, 2010, 11:05:14 AM »
3 for 3. Ballin.

COSIGGGGGGGNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!  ;D :devil:

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: August 28, 2010, 11:49:48 AM »
If Carlos willin tuh sub fat frank when he playin shite, I could see Ramires takin his run. while mikel keeping his spot.

Lampard was injured

giggsy11

« Reply #1244 on: August 28, 2010, 11:51:27 AM »

Lampard was injured

if you say so.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1245 on: August 28, 2010, 11:54:13 AM »

Ah love Lampard and I truly appreciate what his value is to this tea.....but ah COSIIIIIIIGGGGGGGNNNN on dis!! It good to see a manure fan could have some sense in dey head sometimes.  try and rub orff on DieHard nuh? :devil:

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: August 28, 2010, 11:57:41 AM »
Jus back from de game. Good performance today. Men sayin how Chelsea was boring but Stoke were playing a rigid flat back 9. Chelsea held onto posession and ground out the result. Not forgetting Lampard's missed penalty and Cole's volley off de crossbar, it could have been more.

Lampard looked woeful today, so no surpise that he is going to have a hernia operation now. Ramires came on late but didnt do nothing Brazilian. Best players today were Mikel and Malouda. Special shoutout to Mikel for hittin Kenwyne Jones a stink cap in d first half - stamping d ball into de ground and over KJ's head...KJ had no clue were d ball was  :rotfl:

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: August 28, 2010, 11:58:30 AM »

Lampard was injured

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2138085,00.html

if you say so.

giggsy11

« Reply #1248 on: August 28, 2010, 12:01:17 PM »

Lampard was injured

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2138085,00.html

if you say so.

Thank you Ryan. Lampard will be kissin bench when he returns.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: August 28, 2010, 12:33:19 PM »
Best players today were Mikel and Malouda. Special shoutout to Mikel for hittin Kenwyne Jones a stink cap in d first half - stamping d ball into de ground and over KJ's head...KJ had no clue were d ball was  :rotfl:

....and trust me, Chelsea fans have not seen the best that Mikel has to offer yet.  Just like Malouda is coming into his own (much to dinho's delight! :devil:) and it has taken a couple of seasons, so, too, will Mikel.  Granted, he has been at Chelsea a whole lot longer than Malouda, but he is younger (in age and seasoning) and has been asked to play a more restricted role on the team.  The boy have skill to burn!! 

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: August 28, 2010, 07:14:46 PM »
Look like Mikel keeping his place after all with Lamps being injured. Hope Ramires hits the ground running  :beermug:  :beermug:  :beermug:

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #1251 on: August 28, 2010, 11:01:27 PM »
Look like Mikel keeping his place after all with Lamps being injured. Hope Ramires hits the ground running  :beermug:  :beermug:  :beermug:

Lampard might be back before the next round of games. Apparently this is the same surgery that Drogba did and he was back in training in one week.

But if Lampard is out this could be a blessing for them. A Essien, Ramires pairing would be the two best all-rounders in the league bar none. With Mikel playing behind that is real pressure for teams and they wouldn't have Lampard shooting 6 times a game and missing a setta penalty.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: August 29, 2010, 07:12:10 PM »

Lampard might be back before the next round of games. Apparently this is the same surgery that Drogba did and he was back in training in one week.

But if Lampard is out this could be a blessing for them. A Essien, Ramires pairing would be the two best all-rounders in the league bar none. With Mikel playing behind that is real pressure for teams and they wouldn't have Lampard shooting 6 times a game and missing a setta penalty.

:thumbsup:     :beermug:

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: August 29, 2010, 08:06:56 PM »
Best players today were Mikel and Malouda. Special shoutout to Mikel for hittin Kenwyne Jones a stink cap in d first half - stamping d ball into de ground and over KJ's head...KJ had no clue were d ball was  :rotfl:

....and trust me, Chelsea fans have not seen the best that Mikel has to offer yet.  Just like Malouda is coming into his own (much to dinho's delight! :devil:) and it has taken a couple of seasons, so, too, will Mikel.  Granted, he has been at Chelsea a whole lot longer than Malouda, but he is younger (in age and seasoning) and has been asked to play a more restricted role on the team.  The boy have skill to burn!! 

I have to give props where props is due, this Malouda add a whole different dimension to his game and the man untouchable right now... The man running direct, the man playing strong and even pongsing off men.. Plus the man finishing with right or left..

He and Anelka really make me into a liar, but I not complaining.

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: August 30, 2010, 07:49:04 AM »
stink stank stunk. surprise nobody eh comment on dah tall cap we boy get.  [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMM12UPjOfA/url]

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: August 30, 2010, 08:06:29 AM »
Yeh that was dirty.  I never see this in a pro game before.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: August 30, 2010, 08:08:24 AM »
stink stank stunk. surprise nobody eh comment on dah tall cap we boy get.  [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMM12UPjOfA/url]

waaaaay sah!! :timeout:

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: August 30, 2010, 09:00:23 AM »

I have to give props where props is due, this Malouda add a whole different dimension to his game and the man untouchable right now... The man running direct, the man playing strong and even pongsing off men.. Plus the man finishing with right or left..

Actually malouda always had a lot in his locker. He just recovered the keys  ;) .... At Lyon he was brilliant

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: August 30, 2010, 10:55:56 AM »

Malouda was Chelsea's best player last season after Drogba. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: August 30, 2010, 11:19:02 AM »

Malouda was Chelsea's best player last season after Drogba. 

For sure, especially in the latter half.

1]; } ?>