May 17, 2024, 07:59:28 PM

Author Topic: CHELSEA FOREVER! - Home of the Champions!  (Read 639311 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: CHELSEA FOREVER! - Home of the Champions!
« Reply #1320 on: November 09, 2010, 12:52:58 PM »
CHELSEA NEWS
Drogba tests positive for malaria
By ESPNsoccernet staff
November 9, 2010

Drogba is believed to have had malaria for several weeks and, having been left out of the starting line-up for the game against Liverpool as a result of a fever, tests on Monday night confirmed the presence of the disease.

However, Ancelotti revealed Drogba is now fit again and is likely to be available to face Fulham at Stamford Bridge on Wednesday.

"We found out last night when blood tests showed he had malaria," Ancelotti said. "I don't know where he got it from.

"He had a problem. He has this virus and, obviously, he lost power and training. He lost his condition. He's had treatment and now he's okay. He'll come back immediately in the best condition.

"He suffered, obviously, because he wasn't 100% but now, after treatment, he'll be better. He had malaria. He had the tests in the last day, and they showed this kind of virus. Now he's good.

"I don't know where he got it from. I gave him a few days off and he went on holiday for a few days, and then he has malaria, but it's over now. He's okay."

A spokesman for the club added: "The course of medication he is on now will clear it up in three days. This type of malaria will not come back. We are not sure where and when he picked it up.

"It can lie dormant in the body for a long time. He is safe to play with malaria.

"When he first fell ill, we treated him symptomatically. He had a virus and it has come up and gone down, and then come up again.

"We ran tests on all the tropical diseases and viruses but, because it was dormant, there was not enough parasitic activity in his blood to pick up malaria in the initial tests.

"You re-test and re-test and when the results came back last night the parasitic activity in his blood had reached a level where it showed up."

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: November 09, 2010, 02:25:32 PM »
^ i hope he feels better.

U know chelsea cant afford to lose him, else they would be nothing.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: November 10, 2010, 03:39:09 PM »
Damn Essien get a red with 10 secs. to go. Dempsey should have been yellow carded to for flying in like that.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: November 10, 2010, 04:54:44 PM »
A win's a win. Looking forward to Lampard and Anelka returning.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: November 10, 2010, 04:59:33 PM »

Was never going to be easy, Fulham does always take this derby seriously but I real happy for the 3pts..

Kalou dread. The man does hadda throw way so much goal before he score, if he was just ah umph more clinical he would be a lethal weapon.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: November 10, 2010, 05:21:55 PM »

Was never going to be easy, Fulham does always take this derby seriously but I real happy for the 3pts..

Kalou dread. The man does hadda throw way so much goal before he score, if he was just ah umph more clinical he would be a lethal weapon.
I like that youth, I think if he gets more playing time, he would be very deadly!!

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: November 10, 2010, 05:26:23 PM »

I like that youth, I think if he gets more playing time, he would be very deadly!!

Kalou gets lots of playing time nowadays. He has improved alot this season, but his brain isn't always engaged.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: November 11, 2010, 12:17:54 PM »
Ray Wilkins has left Chelsea, apparently sacked - a massive blow, imo.

He was at Stamford Bridge yesterday night as normal and apparently he was literally on the bench today at a reserve team game and was given the news during the game.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 01:44:44 PM by Ryan »

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: November 12, 2010, 01:11:48 AM »
Mystery over Wilkins departure from Chelsea
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=840883&sec=England&cc=5739

Chelsea assistant manager Ray Wilkins has been left shocked and angry after the Premier League champions chose not to renew his contract and asked him to leave with immediate effect.

Wilkins told ESPNsoccernet that he is not prepared to comment but said that he has no idea why the club kicked him out of the door with such haste.

The mild-mannered Wilkins was in no mood to discuss an issue that has left him completely in the dark, although rumours are spreading like wildfire about the reasons behind his surprise departure.

One of the biggest rumours is that the club believe they acted in their best interests by sacking Wilkins, and had good cause to do so.

According to Chelsea insiders, Wilkins was sat with Ancelotti in the Cobham stand by the touchline watching the reserves, and took a call from chief executive Ron Gourlay at half-time.

It is suggested that Carlo Ancelotti was powerless to intervene to prevent the axing of his assistant manager, for whom he had such deep admiration and to whom he gave due credit following Chelsea's Double success last season

Ancelotti hailed Wilkins in his autobiography, The Beautiful Games of an Ordinary Genius, writing: "Ray is one of those select few, always present, noble in spirit, a real blue-blood, Chelsea flows in his veins ... without him we wouldn't have won a thing."

Wilkins, a former Chelsea midfielder, assumed his role of assistant in 2008 when he was appointed as Luiz Felipe Scolari's number two. He often took up the role of Scolari's spokesman and was named caretaker boss when the Brazilian was sacked, before reverting to assistant manager under both Guus Hiddink and Carlo Ancelotti.

Chelsea chief executive Ron Gourlay said: "On behalf of everyone at the club I would like to thank Ray for everything he has done for Chelsea Football Club. We all wish him well for the future."

However, it remains a mystery, not only why Wilkins has been booted out unceremoniously, but who took the ultimate decision, which is proving unpopular with the Chelsea faithful.

It is also being suggested that the only way for the club to get back on track would be to appoint someone even more popular than Wilkins, such as former Stamford Bridge favourite Gianfranco Zola.

But if Ancelotti did get his way in appointing his own man, than it is being suggested that Paulo Maldini, with whom he worked for so long and successfully as manager and player at AC Milan, would be his choice.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: November 12, 2010, 01:47:04 AM »
nice...corrupt de fitball
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: November 12, 2010, 07:31:24 AM »
Big club... such a Classy club.

::) ::) ::)

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: November 12, 2010, 07:49:47 AM »
Sure de man was fired ? .. not just re- aligned ? ..must be a cost cutting measure ...

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: November 12, 2010, 08:28:06 AM »
probably making room for manchini
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: November 12, 2010, 08:35:07 AM »
i eh feeling this one at all...

Dunno what it is nuh, when the ship sailing smooth the people in the cabin does always wanna rock de boat for no reason.. steups.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: November 12, 2010, 08:49:18 AM »
Big club... such a Classy club.

::) ::) ::)

Ronaldo and in recent times Rooney. Don't throw stones.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1335 on: November 12, 2010, 08:51:20 AM »
Chelsea falling apart, quick get someone to invest. How about them Glazers, since they came on board at Man United, that club has been upward bound without looking back.  ::)

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: November 12, 2010, 01:10:54 PM »
ANCELOTTI ON WILKINS
http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2217759,00.html
Posted on: Fri 12 Nov 2010
Carlo Ancelotti has spoken for the first time following Ray Wilkins' departure from the club on Thursday, thanking him for his service over the past year.

He said:

'I want to say one thing. Ray was a fantastic assistant coach - I want to say thanks to him because he was a fantastic support last season and this season.

'He did a fantastic job and helped me and all the team to win the Double, so the first thing is to say a lot of thanks to him. He is my friend, I have a fantastic relationship with him and I will have a fantastic relationship with him. He knew very well English football and has a lot of experience as assistant. His job he did very well.'

'The club made this decision, I think it was a difficult decision for everyone but I have respect for this decision. I have trust in all the staff working with me, and now we have to move on.

'We have to look forward, stay focused on the next game because it is an important season for us and it is important to move on.

'I spoke with the players to tell them the club made the decision, but as I said before we have to move on and stay focused. The players are in focus and will continue to stay focused.

'Obviously you are interested to ask a lot of questions about this but I don't want to say any more about this.'

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: November 12, 2010, 01:12:59 PM »
And Lampard is out with a new injury. Only the dross left, so we looking at a midfield of Zhirkov, Ramires and Mikel.....things going from bad 2 worse.

giggsy11

« Reply #1338 on: November 12, 2010, 01:18:12 PM »
And Lampard is out with a new injury. Only the dross left, so we looking at a midfield of Zhirkov, Ramires and Mikel.....things going from bad 2 worse.

At least you are still in first.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: November 12, 2010, 01:32:56 PM »

yeah, but we have higher standards than u guys  :beermug:

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: November 12, 2010, 03:43:27 PM »

coming from the man that supports Inter Milan

which club has higher standards..Inter or Chelsea?

huh Waggonist?

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: November 12, 2010, 04:38:19 PM »
i eh feeling this one at all...

Dunno what it is nuh, when the ship sailing smooth the people in the cabin does always wanna rock de boat for no reason.. steups.

couldn't agree wit yuh more!!  :beermug:
I still shakin' meh head......side runnin' smood, smood, maintainin' top spot, linin' dey self up fuh a good CL run and dem want to bring mayhem upon de club. Loud fackin' steups!

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

giggsy11

« Reply #1342 on: November 12, 2010, 05:02:00 PM »

And what would that be win three EPLs in a row or a Champions League? :beermug:

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: November 12, 2010, 05:50:56 PM »

And what would that be win three EPLs in a row or a Champions League? :beermug:

lol  ;D

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: November 12, 2010, 05:52:16 PM »

huh Waggonist?

Go back in yuh own thread and discuss 2nd place.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: November 12, 2010, 06:52:44 PM »

huh Waggonist?

I rather discuss it with you since runner up was a common theme for you guys between 06-09

VIVA JOHN TERRY
VIVA JOHN TERRY
COULD HAVE WON THE CUP
BUT HE FU*KED IT UP
VIVA JOHN TERRY

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: November 13, 2010, 08:43:32 AM »

huh Waggonist?

I rather discuss it with you since runner up was a common theme for you guys between 06-09

VIVA JOHN TERRY
VIVA JOHN TERRY
COULD HAVE WON THE CUP
BUT HE FU*KED IT UP
VIVA JOHN TERRY

hard luck against Villa, yall dropped points yet again, but I think yall will bounce back eventually  :beermug:

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: November 14, 2010, 12:29:50 PM »
WTH going on with we team boy. Is level  :whip: we getting in we waist in this rounds. They trying to   :challenge: the Blue otta we or wha. Lawd fadder ah  :-[

Hide the thread before Man United fans show up.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: November 14, 2010, 12:49:52 PM »
WTH going on with we team boy. Is level  :whip: we getting in we waist in this rounds. They trying to   :challenge: the Blue otta we or wha. Lawd fadder ah  :-[

Hide the thread before Man United fans show up.

:D

We didn't look good today at all, Breds and I was done counting them 3 points.  Zhirkoff had a rel bad game, Anelka is missing something but ah cyah put meh finger on what it is (maybe his finishing) Malouda's game has dropped off over the past few weeks and Drogba seems to need a little more time to recover from that bout of malaria he had.  Credit to Sunderland, though, they played well and the hustled like they really wanted to win the game. ......and of course....since Lampard out with injury, we just cyah get a proper corner or cross into the 18 to save we life.  That is shameful.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: November 14, 2010, 01:14:51 PM »
 :heehee:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

1]; } ?>