May 09, 2024, 02:17:03 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T v United States game (09-June-2007).  (Read 71925 times)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T v United States game.
« Reply #300 on: June 09, 2007, 07:38:32 PM »
Guadeloupe just beat Canada 2-1. What TTTF and Jackass Warner go say now.
congrats guadeloupe, what else you want them to say. brother these old fellas in trinidadwell bad mind you know, they hate to see young energetic minds do better than them. they rather sabotage the programme than to see somone do much better than them,  it'a a dumb egotistical selfish mind set that is prevalant amoungst the elders from our side of the world.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 09, 2007, 07:52:53 PM »
Well Guatamala beat El Salvador giving them 3 points U.S.A got 6 points  if we beat guatamala by say 4 0r 5 goals  and U..S.A beat El Salvador we might have a chance of going through i think, correct me if i wrong.

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 09, 2007, 08:10:46 PM »
Noriega's fall reminded me of the collusion Trent Green had when he was in Kanas City - if any of you watch the NFL last season.  Hope it is just a concussion and nothing else.  The keeper played a boss game and Toussaint played better in the midfield.  Everything else is a learning curve. 
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 09, 2007, 08:52:08 PM »

i livin in de states almost 20 years now and i could still say baseball is de absolute gayest sport ever, even americans is make fun of how much shit baseball is, and trinidad playing to boot, i doh usually goh after people like dis but come on man......underdogs, jackula shittin up de whole federation, we have some inexperienced fellas out there who tryin there damn hardest and you talking about watching de mets play in a baseball game? wud de ass? ill let somebody else on de board post the pertinent punishment for such ignorance
Wait nah, I juss seeing dis..

"American is make fun of how much shit baseball is".... which Americans, the ones who packing yuh shit fuh yuh out in de boondocks in Kentuck?  Me ent here to defend baseball because quite frankly it needs no defense.  It's no more gay than cricket.

Yuh talking about "fellas out there who trying there damn hardest" ...fellas like who?  De same ones I watching quit when man run past dem?  De same ones who acting like they never kick ball before?  Because in your eyes they trying hard that mean I cyah criticize dem?  You musse paying my facking internet bill...like I really give a mangy rat's ass who like my criticism or not.

Talking about ''punishment"  steups.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 09, 2007, 08:52:59 PM »
Well Guatamala beat El Salvador giving them 3 points U.S.A got 6 points  if we beat guatamala by say 4 0r 5 goals  and U..S.A beat El Salvador we might have a chance of going through i think, correct me if i wrong.
shorthand fuh all ah dat is that we need prayers  :rotfl:

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #305 on: June 09, 2007, 09:18:26 PM »
Not even prayerz could help that team .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 09, 2007, 09:41:28 PM »
so nobody want to blame span for the 1st goal?  syupa you say you was watching the spanish commentary - ent they comment on all the attacks thru we right side?  to me span wasn't runnin down no ball nothing really special except corner and free kick.  maybe he injured though so I go give him the benefit of the doubt.  i jus hope he doh turn out to be anohter dwarika.
fellaz who commentin on how fsc bias, you have the power to not watch.  galavision commentors love Jan Michael Williams and Seon PowerS  ;)  IS like the storeowners spittin on you and ytou still goin and buy from dem.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 09, 2007, 10:20:09 PM »
I think Roberts tried...Toussaint was a good spark though.

Bake and Shark yuh right.  Both players played more inspired in dis game. 
Toussaint looking to me like he could play midfield. 

Offline deltatau14

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 10, 2007, 01:08:31 AM »

i livin in de states almost 20 years now and i could still say baseball is de absolute gayest sport ever, even americans is make fun of how much shit baseball is, and trinidad playing to boot, i doh usually goh after people like dis but come on man......underdogs, jackula shittin up de whole federation, we have some inexperienced fellas out there who tryin there damn hardest and you talking about watching de mets play in a baseball game? wud de ass? ill let somebody else on de board post the pertinent punishment for such ignorance
Wait nah, I juss seeing dis..

"American is make fun of how much shit baseball is".... which Americans, the ones who packing yuh shit fuh yuh out in de boondocks in Kentuck?  Me ent here to defend baseball because quite frankly it needs no defense.  It's no more gay than cricket.

Yuh talking about "fellas out there who trying there damn hardest" ...fellas like who?  De same ones I watching quit when man run past dem?  De same ones who acting like they never kick ball before?  Because in your eyes they trying hard that mean I cyah criticize dem?  You musse paying my facking internet bill...like I really give a mangy rat's ass who like my criticism or not.

Talking about ''punishment"  steups.

Listen boss i ent tryin to fight with you cause it already seem like you just like seeing your own words on this site. I have been all over de US and i hear real people in real states talk shit about baseball, i hear they make fun of baseball on the simpsons the other day with some character was baffled about baseball being americas past time, if that was news to people, it wouldnt have been funny. and just so you know i live in florida i just go to school in kentucky so i only here to get my education cause of scholarships, thanks doh!.

But i also disagree wit your criticsm cause you personally dont know how those fellas fitness affected them and i doubt even more seriosly that you know 100% if they were actually trying or not but i would hate for you to criticize and assume that trinidad players the country you love would just let pick a side of men that would just let men run by them, that would just quit running, a bunch of apathetic no gooders and i hope thats not how you feel about the players. If you know them personally and they went out there to just let people run by them and quit running and act a fool out there, then i apologize in advance.

Baseball is terrible!

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 10, 2007, 01:30:10 AM »
Noriega's fall reminded me of the collusion Trent Green had when he was in Kanas City - if any of you watch the NFL last season.  Hope it is just a concussion and nothing else.  The keeper played a boss game and Toussaint played better in the midfield.  Everything else is a learning curve. 

Only difference Noriega dont have a helmet

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 10, 2007, 12:03:26 PM »

Listen boss i ent tryin to fight with you cause it already seem like you just like seeing your own words on this site. I have been all over de US and i hear real people in real states talk shit about baseball, i hear they make fun of baseball on the simpsons the other day with some character was baffled about baseball being americas past time, if that was news to people, it wouldnt have been funny.

These people whose opinion on baseball yuh rating...did you also ask them their opinion of 'soccer' and cricket?  Yuh think is everybody will like any ONE sport...especially in a country of over 200 million people? Come with some sense and quit talking out yuh ass nuh man.

and just so you know i live in florida i just go to school in kentucky so i only here to get my education cause of scholarships, thanks doh!.

Happy fuh you and yuh scholarship.  Me ent into no games of cyber one upmanship, but when yuh done earn yuh degree and on yuh way tuh earning a professional degree then come talk tuh me.

But i also disagree wit your criticsm cause you personally dont know how those fellas fitness affected them and i doubt even more seriosly that you know 100% if they were actually trying or not but i would hate for you to criticize and assume that trinidad players the country you love would just let pick a side of men that would just let men run by them, that would just quit running, a bunch of apathetic no gooders and i hope thats not how you feel about the players. If you know them personally and they went out there to just let people run by them and quit running and act a fool out there, then i apologize in advance.

Baseball is terrible!

Whether I personally know these fellas or not is immaterial.  I don't have to personally know them to praise them and neither do I have to personally know them to criticize them.  I dunno if is sleep you sleeping with somebody on de team why you taking my criticism so personally...but I offered no opinion on why man quit running fuh ball.  Maybe it was disinterest...maybe fatigue...maybe genuine injury.

If you know them personally, and know that they were definitely trying their hardest, and you think that my criticism would upset them and be a detriment to their delicate psyches...then my apologies in advance.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 10, 2007, 01:01:40 PM »
First of all i want everyone to know i'm not criticizing any one this is just my opinion.I don't get into discussions with members here because i don't know who i'm talking too plus how much experience individuals have in the game.

Yesterdays T&T game with the USA was the first time i've ever seen this T&T team play,mind you i don't know any of the players just heard/read about them i got my chance yesterday.

All i want to say in a nutshell is "well done guys",not making excuses but all the stupidness that went on before that tournament must affect their performance,players don't need to go through that kind of thing before games.

We have a very good bunch of players,what they are lacking is experience playing at that level,they need to be a little more composed they tend to panic too much,the opening seconds of the game tells me these guys not used to playing with each other,what i like is the spirit in which they played they fought the game through to the end.

If we can improve defensively we got a good team,our defence playing too square and through balls or runs are beating us all the time,when you are up against forwards that fast and don't have defenders that fast playing flat will not work,i feel their is no communication between the Goalkeeper and his defenders,too much mistakes in the back because of no communication.

I don't think the midfield is working as a unit and that's the reason why they ballwatch,they watching each other play and getting caught out of position,you still getting two/three players trying to get the ball from one player and that leaves players open,they are not working on both ends of the field it's either they attack or defend not both,give away ball too easily.

I must say the players that impress me the most on the team was Roberts and Tousaint,i think these guys have places to go,their mentality,skill etc etc is very good.

I think our Football is in good hands and the people directly involved are doing the best they can with what they have,i could just imagine when the impasse is over with the WC players what our team will look like,i'm not worried about results i worry about how we play. 

truetrini

« Reply #312 on: June 10, 2007, 04:02:16 PM »
coops, explain this:

I think our Football is in good hands and the people directly involved are doing the best they can with what they have,i could just imagine when the impasse is over with the WC players what our team will look like,i'm not worried about results i worry about how we play. 

I feel we football in shitty hands.  We have a TD who hands tied, everyone saying de PFL not up to standards yet who is doing anything to correct it?

we players get $800 US from de federation despite what was promised.  the same players get blacklisted, coaches eh getting paid despite de multi millions we get from sponsors, government and FIFA. De TTFF stop all football programs except de U-17 not too long ago becasue dey eh have money, yet dey eh pay de players becasue de money went to fund de WC 2010 effort????  I real confused about dat one.

Den we have clubs struggling to travel to play in tournaments becasue of lack of finances, clubs with such small fan base dat dey struggling tp make ends meet.

Jack and camps MUST GO NOW!

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: June 10, 2007, 05:11:34 PM »
As much as we dont like to saay it, their players are technically a class better than us, they are faster, they are fitter, they are more competitve.
Much of what you say I respectfully disagree with...but none moreso than this.

Unless you mean specifically that the US players are better than this particular team of players.

Even so, I'll concede that they are more fundamentally sound.  I don't think the problem is technical skill, more one of experience and confidence.

They are technically better. I don't think you understand what that means. The fact that they can make more accurate passes consistently, control the ball and distribute better at a higher speed than us...means they are technically better. Technicall superiority has a  lot to do with fundamentals. The ability to execute a wider variety of passes and shots with greater consistency and accuracy, as well as implement better ball control under pressure and at speed all spells technical superiority. USA is a technically better side than us..whether that is due to confidence, experience, better training, higher level of competence.... does not matter..they executing the fundamentals better than us. That is not to say we don't have technically gifted players that rival or are better than some of the US players (Spann, or Toussaint are a couple of examples)..But as a team overall, they are ahead of us.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: June 10, 2007, 06:17:36 PM »

They are technically better. I don't think you understand what that means. The fact that they can make more accurate passes consistently, control the ball and distribute better at a higher speed than us...means they are technically better. Technicall superiority has a  lot to do with fundamentals. The ability to execute a wider variety of passes and shots with greater consistency and accuracy, as well as implement better ball control under pressure and at speed all spells technical superiority. USA is a technically better side than us..whether that is due to confidence, experience, better training, higher level of competence.... does not matter..they executing the fundamentals better than us. That is not to say we don't have technically gifted players that rival or are better than some of the US players (Spann, or Toussaint are a couple of examples)..But as a team overall, they are ahead of us.

Lol,

boss...I appreciate you trying tuh break it down fuh mih eh, but I have firm grasp on the english language, I know what technical superiority means.  Technical skill, by way of example:

The proper way to trap a ball.
The proper way to execute a pass.
The proper way to control a ground pass.
The proper way to position yourself between ball and defender.
The proper way for two defenders to triangulate an attacking player.

Fundamentally sound = The knowledge on how to do things correctly.
Technically sound = The ability to execute the fundamentals...not what you know but how you put that knowledge into play.

Not hard and fast definitions...but they may serve to provide a working understanding of the terms.

Are there individual American players with technical superiority over the TnT squad?  Of course.  Are there TnT players with more glaring technical deficiencies than others?  Of course.  Are the Americans as a team, more technically sound than the TnT players?  Unlikely.

Technically...my personal belief is that the Soca Warriors have as much ability to execute the fundamentals as their American opponents.  What is lacking is the experience; the ability to control instinctive tendencies and let training and discipline take over; the ability to shut out panic and execute under pressure; grace and composure under fire.

In case ah loss yuh, or yuh still not with mih either way...you and I study in class whole year. Both ah we do de same homework and getting similar marks whole year.  To the casual observer you and I have the same abilities in the classroom.  Yet at the end of the year we take exam and you lick mih up...why?  Take it ah step higher...adolescents and CXC, some take lessons and routinely do better on average than others who don't.  Differing abiliities?  Perhaps.  More likely... is that some students just don't perform well in examinations...they don't 'test' well. You lick me up come exam time because I doh perform well under test situations.  CXC students who take lessons have tons of mock exams to get used to the pressure.  Other poor students doh get that and some freeze up when they reach in dat room.

To bring it full circle...it's not that the US players are necessarily more skilled, or technically sound, it's that they have the requisite experience and composure to execute once placed on the field...relative to the young and inexperienced Soca Warriors.  So once more I appreciate you trying to make me 'understand'...but my understanding really isn't compromised.

Thanks for playing, parting gifts at the door.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 10:13:33 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: June 10, 2007, 09:47:46 PM »
Bake and Sharke- You not easy. I sincerely concur.

Offline deltatau14

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: June 10, 2007, 10:23:55 PM »

Listen boss i ent tryin to fight with you cause it already seem like you just like seeing your own words on this site. I have been all over de US and i hear real people in real states talk shit about baseball, i hear they make fun of baseball on the simpsons the other day with some character was baffled about baseball being americas past time, if that was news to people, it wouldnt have been funny.

These people whose opinion on baseball yuh rating...did you also ask them their opinion of 'soccer' and cricket?  Yuh think is everybody will like any ONE sport...especially in a country of over 200 million people? Come with some sense and quit talking out yuh ass nuh man.

and just so you know i live in florida i just go to school in kentucky so i only here to get my education cause of scholarships, thanks doh!.

Happy fuh you and yuh scholarship.  Me ent into no games of cyber one upmanship, but when yuh done earn yuh degree and on yuh way tuh earning a professional degree then come talk tuh me.

Baseball is terrible!

Whether I personally know these fellas or not is immaterial.  I don't have to personally know them to praise them and neither do I have to personally know them to criticize them.  I dunno if is sleep you sleeping with somebody on de team why you taking my criticism so personally...but I offered no opinion on why man quit running fuh ball.  Maybe it was disinterest...maybe fatigue...maybe genuine injury.

If you know them personally, and know that they were definitely trying their hardest, and you think that my criticism would upset them and be a detriment to their delicate psyches...then my apologies in advance.

thank you for being more rational and not so critical, i wasnt taking de criticsm personal at all.  i just believe if trinidad doing anything that could put us on de map or help us as a nation we should be supportive. i also believe in constructive criticsm theres two sides to every coin but doh come on here and say you embarrased and changing de game to watch de mets game on a trini football forum, wit a set of trinis on here dat jus puttin men in a tizic and as ethnocentric and patriotic as any trini is, men going to take that to heart and if any of them players were posters on de soca warriors website, i guarantee their delicate psyches would have been rattled.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 10, 2007, 11:14:16 PM »

thank you for being more rational and not so critical,

I was being rational...AND very critical.  I think you just missed my sarcasm.

i wasnt taking de criticsm personal at all.  i just believe if trinidad doing anything that could put us on de map or help us as a nation we should be supportive.

...and of course dat mean "doh criticize"...GTFOH

i also believe in constructive criticsm theres two sides to every coin but doh come on here and say you embarrased and changing de game to watch de mets game on a trini football forum, wit a set of trinis on here dat jus puttin men in a tizic and as ethnocentric and patriotic as any trini is, men going to take that to heart

Dem men who take dat tuh heart...fack dem and fack de horse dey ride in on too.

and if any of them players were posters on de soca warriors website, i guarantee their delicate psyches would have been rattled.

And if dem delicate pyche, cyah-take-criticism, grown facking ass men getting dey panties bundled up over comments posted by some random dude on ah message board...then maybe professional football ent fuh dem.  Maybe they should try golf...or perhaps badminton where comment is usually more muted.

truetrini

« Reply #318 on: June 11, 2007, 06:36:37 AM »

thank you for being more rational and not so critical,

I was being rational...AND very critical.  I think you just missed my sarcasm.

i wasnt taking de criticsm personal at all.  i just believe if trinidad doing anything that could put us on de map or help us as a nation we should be supportive.

...and of course dat mean "doh criticize"...GTFOH

i also believe in constructive criticsm theres two sides to every coin but doh come on here and say you embarrased and changing de game to watch de mets game on a trini football forum, wit a set of trinis on here dat jus puttin men in a tizic and as ethnocentric and patriotic as any trini is, men going to take that to heart

Dem men who take dat tuh heart...fack dem and fack de horse dey ride in on too.

and if any of them players were posters on de soca warriors website, i guarantee their delicate psyches would have been rattled.

And if dem delicate pyche, cyah-take-criticism, grown facking ass men getting dey panties bundled up over comments posted by some random dude on ah message board...then maybe professional football ent fuh dem.  Maybe they should try golf...or perhaps badminton where comment is usually more muted.

tell dem bake and shark.  It have some real clons here who always say doh say dat or doh dat de odder becasue de players reading dis board.  As you say if dem psyche so delicate dem better suited to monopoly or tiddley winks oui.

steups.

Let dem bray!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: June 11, 2007, 07:25:59 AM »

Technically sound = The ability to execute the fundamentals...not what you know but how you put that knowledge into play.

it's not that the US players are necessarily more skilled, or technically sound, it's that they have the requisite experience and composure to execute once placed on the field...

self-contradiction at it's highest. It is that same requisitie experience and composure that you speak about which gives them the ability to execute.....(which defines "technically sound" according to you)

By your own defintion of technically sound, you have explained why the U.S. team is more technically sound than ours...... in the same vein that you argue that they are not more technically sound than us....... ???

joker....

Our Gold Cup team is technically deficient by global standards and by all definitions....and the U.S. team is technically superior to ours.....they would be on the training ground, and on the field of play....it shouldn't even be up for debate (but for the seemingly football ignorant like yourself)......anyone who knows the game would attest to such....and who doh wanna hear it could block their ears...

Not to mention you contradicted yourself in the post, and hence made very little sense.....
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 08:04:46 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: June 11, 2007, 08:28:04 AM »

Lol,

To bring it full circle...it's not that the US players are necessarily more skilled, or technically sound, it's that they have the requisite experience and composure to execute once placed on the field...relative to the young and inexperienced Soca Warriors.  So once more I appreciate you trying to make me 'understand'...but my understanding really isn't compromised.

Nice try..but you have just entered the sounding like an idiot territory  :devil:

you have completely contradicted yourself..a technically superior player is one that can execute the fundamentals and more, more efficiently, under pressure, at speed to produce the desired result more consistently. It is a product of natural ability as well as practice and experience, fitness and mental capacity. You admit that compared to the US, T&T has neither the experience nor the ability to control their instincts to execute under pressure, at speed etc..in a game situation. Well Einstein..that means they are technically deficient compared to the US. We may assume that fundamentally, the players may be similar or even that T&T players may even be fundamentally better. But on the field, one team demonstrates greater ability to execute more efficiently and consistently and achieve the desired result. According to your definition...htat makes that team technically superior. And that team is the US. Look at the type in bold and console yourself. Yep..you wrote that..all by yourself. Hmmm. It seems that your knowledge was really never compromised...you still have none. I'll still take my parting gifts at the door while yuh scratch yuh head and wonder how yuh could set yourself up so...

joker

you even contradict yourself with your lame examples  ;D ;D

catch yuhself  :devil:

« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 08:31:52 AM by Filho »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: June 11, 2007, 08:59:10 AM »
I try to refrain from the name-calling, but I see you want to take it there...in your haste to join the conversation sideways, you fail to observe the chronological development of my statement.  To wit:

As much as we dont like to saay it, their players are technically a class better than us, they are faster, they are fitter, they are more competitve.

Note the words with the bolded emphasis... these words imply that the American players are generally superior...not that they were superior on that day...but that in general are superior to our players.  Hence my response:

Much of what you say I respectfully disagree with...but none moreso than this.

Unless you mean specifically that the US players are better than this particular team of players.

Even so, I'll concede that they are more fundamentally sound.  I don't think the problem is technical skill, more one of experience and confidence.

Note well again my statements both above and below.

it's not that the US players are necessarily more skilled, or technically sound, it's that they have the requisite experience and composure to execute once placed on the field...

self-contradiction at it's highest. It is that same requisitie experience and composure that you speak about which gives them the ability to execute.....(which defines "technically sound" according to you)

By your own defintion of technically sound, you have explained why the U.S. team is more technically sound than ours...... in the same vein that you argue that they are not more technically sound than us....... ???

joker....

Our Gold Cup team is technically deficient by global standards and by all definitions....and the U.S. team is technically superior to ours.....they would be on the training ground, and on the field of play....it shouldn't even be up for debate (but for the seemingly football ignorant like yourself)......anyone who knows the game would attest to such....and who doh wanna hear it could block their ears...

Not to mention you contradicted yourself in the post, and hence made very little sense.....
Dumbass...I explained why THIS US team is more technically sound than the TnT Gold Cup squad...which is why I said in my initial statement that I disagree, unless in this specific application. I then said that I still disagree that they are more "technically skilled"... and provided examples
Technical skill, by way of example:

The proper way to trap a ball.
The proper way to execute a pass.
The proper way to control a ground pass.
The proper way to position yourself between ball and defender.
The proper way for two defenders to triangulate an attacking player.
.  My argument being that the TnT squad is equally adept at these skills, but are less technically sound... there is a difference that you in your pseudo-intellectuality fail to appreciate.  I already suspected you of having deficient comprehensive abilities, you've all but confirmed it here.

If you insist on insinuating your ass all up in the conversation you'd do yourself a lot of good to read the entire discussion there by following the logical development of the arguments at work.  Now if all that I said is too grand for you to wrap around your tiny brain then maybe it's time you give your fingers a rest and go back to sorting the lint in yuh navel over there in the idiot corner.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 09:12:08 AM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: June 11, 2007, 09:03:38 AM »
Now for babbling jackass #2

Lol,

Nice try..but you have just entered the sounding like an idiot territory  :devil:

you have completely contradicted yourself..a technically superior player is one that can execute the fundamentals and more, more efficiently, under pressure, at speed to produce the desired result more consistently. It is a product of natural ability as well as practice and experience, fitness and mental capacity. You admit that compared to the US, T&T has neither the experience nor the ability to control their instincts to execute under pressure, at speed etc..in a game situation. Well Einstein..that means they are technically deficient compared to the US. We may assume that fundamentally, the players may be similar or even that T&T players may even be fundamentally better. But on the field, one team demonstrates greater ability to execute more efficiently and consistently and achieve the desired result. According to your definition...htat makes that team technically superior. And that team is the US. Look at the type in bold and console yourself. Yep..you wrote that..all by yourself. Hmmm. It seems that your knowledge was really never compromised...you still have none. I'll still take my parting gifts at the door while yuh scratch yuh head and wonder how yuh could set yourself up so...

joker

you even contradict yourself with your lame examples  ;D ;D

catch yuhself  :devil:

See my response to babbling jackass #1 above.

if yuh still confused let me know so that I can break it down for you like the 5-year old you obviously are.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 09:13:15 AM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: June 11, 2007, 09:29:25 AM »
coops, explain this:

I feel we football in shitty hands.  We have a TD who hands tied, everyone saying de PFL not up to standards yet who is doing anything to correct it?

we players get $800 US from de federation despite what was promised.  the same players get blacklisted, coaches eh getting paid despite de multi millions we get from sponsors, government and FIFA. De TTFF stop all football programs except de U-17 not too long ago becasue dey eh have money, yet dey eh pay de players becasue de money went to fund de WC 2010 effort????  I real confused about dat one.

Den we have clubs struggling to travel to play in tournaments becasue of lack of finances, clubs with such small fan base dat dey struggling tp make ends meet.

Jack and camps MUST GO NOW!

If you all notice when ever i'm talking i talk Football,i'm not a politician so i don't get into the politics of TTFF etc etc i've had enough, some people on here just like our Footballers they need experience and exposure at the higher level in the game.
        Why is it every time we try to talk about Football people have to bring up what JW do,players get blacklisted,players eh get paid and so on and so fourths,we taking Football Breds,i talking about how our players playing,the effort these guys are making,some people on here can't take criticism but always criticizing somebody,some have nothing positive to say about our Football,i don't care what nobody says it must have something positive to say about these guys,some people said they was getting five,every post that come up about T&T Football guys just repeating the same thing over and over,is time everybody on here know what's going on.

I'm so tired of the talk talk talk and no action,i told you all our guys are being set up,they fighting with the wrong person,everybody want to sit down behind a Computer and say what these guys should do,it's not your Bread on the line so it's very easy to say what they should do,three quarters of them struggling to make a descent living but they saying they on strike,you all can't understand they can't win.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: June 11, 2007, 09:38:11 AM »
Bake and Shark in his reply to kicker says this....

Dumbass...I explained why THIS US team is more technically sound than the TnT Gold Cup squad...which is why I said in my initial statement that I disagree, unless in this specific application. I then said that I still disagree that they are more "technically skilled"... and provided examples.  

.....My argument being that the TnT squad is equally adept at these skills, but are less technically sound... there is a difference that you in your pseudo-intellectuality fail to appreciate.  I already suspected you of having deficient comprehensive abilities, you've all but confirmed it here.

Hmmm..Really. Ok..anyway. In his post before that he says:

To bring it full circle...it's not that the US players are necessarily more skilled, or technically sound, it's that they have the requisite experience and composure to execute once placed on the field...relative to the young and inexperienced Soca Warriors.

So they are not more technical sound now? Hmmmm? Hardy har har. Well you'd be surprised that is not the only contradiction in that statement..but the man embarass himself enough already. So I'll only point out that one

Oh...and check this:

Are there individual American players with technical superiority over the TnT squad?  Of course.  Are there TnT players with more glaring technical deficiencies than others?  Of course.  Are the Americans as a team, more technically sound than the TnT players?  Unlikely.

Hmm..so again. Not more technically sound eh? haha. you really are a clown. I think you need to get some sleep Bake. Yuh really tootooing down yourself. Me and kicker have some pretty straightforward posts. You just contradicting yourself left right and center and making up things to try and win argument. Maybe it is time to stop. You  do enough damage to your credibility to seriously have anything left to say..or you could continue to amuse us with another contradictory, change up tune post  ;D

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: June 11, 2007, 09:39:28 AM »
I try to refrain from the name-calling, but I see you want to take it there...in your haste to join the conversation sideways, you fail to observe the chronological development of my statement.

You're arguing for arguing sake. I'm not trying to compete for any correctness prize here- I was just pointing out a serious weakness that was identified in your argument/logic...it's as clear as day that you contradicted yourself, and hence made a very weak point.....I might be a dumbass who is deficient in comprehension- congrats for being so perceptive in pointing that out and so be it...but the fact is your argument in this instance was weak.... so just concede, and say "hard luck"...iz really no scene. You're not the only one on the board who can think & reason...so no need to be pompous.... just chill out and respect other people's intelligence- giving credit where credit is due is not an indictment on your own intellect.  

I understand that there is alot of pride taken in being intelligent and making good points & arguments, and based on many of your posts I'm assume you're an intelligent fella, but you failed in this instance and in trying to cover yourself, you're just making yourself look worse...but like I say, iz no scene....

have fun...

:beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 09:48:33 AM by kicker »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: June 11, 2007, 09:47:13 AM »
Responding to both Filho and Kicker

Rather than continue the back and forth, I'll leave it at this.  I took issue with the notion that American players in general are technically superior to the players coming out of TnT.  I agreed that with respect to Saturday's game, that THAT American team was technically (in every permutation of the word) superior to the TnT squad they competed against.  There is and never was any contradiction.  I dissented on the general application, assented on the specific.

This ent about winning argument or trading insult, if that were the case then neither of you would likely stand a chance.  That's not arrogance talking that's just fact...and anybody who know me would confirm that for you.  If you still fail to understand my point then no scenes...

« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 09:50:56 AM by Bake n Shark »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 11, 2007, 09:52:58 AM »
Responding to both Filho and Kicker

Rather than continue the back and forth, I'll leave it at this.  I took issue with the notion that American players in general are technically superior to the players coming out of TnT.  I agreed that with respect to Saturday's game, that THAT American team was technically (in every permutation of the word) superior to the TnT squad they competed against.  The is and never was any contradiction.

This ent about winning argument or trading insult, if that were the case then neither of you would likely stand a chance.  That's not arrogance talking that's just fact...and anybody who know me would confirm that for you.  If you still fail to understand my point then no scenes...we can move on now.

:rotfl: wateva man...lay off the steroids, delusional drugs & testosterone supplements brother.......very comical though...cheers to that  :beermug:
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 10:05:01 AM by kicker »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: June 11, 2007, 10:08:07 AM »

:rotfl: wateva man...lay off the steroids, delusional drugs & testosterone supplements brother.......very comical though...cheers to that  :beermug:
Your ass must be awfully lonely minus your head...I trying to be civil and let it go but yet you persist.  No scenes if you insist on being a glutton for punishment I have some time on my hands...

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: June 11, 2007, 10:10:00 AM »
       If you all notice when ever i'm talking i talk Football,i'm not a politician so i don't get into the politics of TTFF etc etc i've had enough, some people on here just like our Footballers they need experience and exposure at the higher level in the game.
        Why is it every time we try to talk about Football people have to bring up what JW do,players get blacklisted,players eh get paid and so on and so fourths,we taking Football Breds,i talking about how our players playing,the effort these guys are making,some people on here can't take criticism but always criticizing somebody,some have nothing positive to say about our Football,i don't care what nobody says it must have something positive to say about these guys,some people said they was getting five,every post that come up about T&T Football guys just repeating the same thing over and over,is time everybody on here know what's going on.
I'm so tired of the talk talk talk and no action,i told you all our guys are being set up,they fighting with the wrong person,everybody want to sit down behind a Computer and say what these guys should do,it's not your Bread on the line so it's very easy to say what they should do,three quarters of them struggling to make a descent living but they saying they on strike,you all can't understand they can't win.
Coop's thanks for your post as I am one of those who make comments about the way players have been treated, so my enquiry is how do you suggest that I should be directing my online energy in a more positive way?
I have not played professional ball in TnT so I do not in any way have any idea how this is affecting any player.
Your suggestions of how I could be a more constructive poster concerning ANY player who is chosen to represent TnT on the pitch, would be most helpful to me.
You have had many years of experience and your help in this matter would do me and as a result others a great service.
Thanks in advance.
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>