May 14, 2024, 04:10:51 PM

Author Topic: World Junior Champions ?  (Read 965 times)

Offline YouMakeMeBetter

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
World Junior Champions ?
« on: July 23, 2013, 04:19:20 PM »
We have had a lot of World Champions at the Junior Level but not a lot have excelled at the Senior Level.

Questions that need to be answered

Rhonda Watkins ? what happened to her after winning Gold ?

Will Keshorn Walcott win any other major titles after World Junior Champion/ Olympic Champion ?

Renny Quow,  After being T&T's # 1 quarter miler from 2007 - 2011, Quow suffered a setback in 2012 missing the Olympics and ending with a 45.4 SB...this year came back running 45.6 to finish 3rd at trials . Still young at 25, can he get back to where he once was ?

Darrel Brown at age 28 is still trying to make a comeback, is it over for him ? can he achieve more ?

Will Machel Cedenio become World Junior Champion in the 400 next year and break the NJR of 45.75 set by Renny Quow ? P.S next year is Cedenio's last year as a junior.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: World Junior Champions ?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 05:53:43 PM »
YMMB.. Welcome to the forum. I see that you are a new member to this forum (.. Wont get into the multiple username thing now).

What you are bringing up here is something that has been discussed before..
According to Ato, World Junior Champions rarely duplicate the success at senior level. There are a few exceptions such as Bolt, Kirani, VCB, Clement, Merrit and of course Ato. But no one knows why this continues to be the case for all WJCs not only Trinidadian WJCs.

Rhonda Watkins is only 25.. Anyone know what happened to her?

I think Walcott will get adjusted soon.. He will be unbeatable once this happens.

Quow seems to be struggling after winning a bronze in 2009.. But I think he will overcome the setbacks soon. He is already showing some signs.

The topic of DB coming back is a hot one on here. I am certainly a fan of DB.. I wish him the best luck. But I do realize as time goes by the odds against him continues to stack up.

I think Cedenio will be the next WJC for TT. Anyone knows if he will be going NCAA or opting for a pro contract? I believe he has finished school.

1]; } ?>