May 05, 2024, 10:40:36 AM

Author Topic: Views & Rating for the T&T vs SLV game (12-Aug-09).  (Read 6562 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Views & Rating for the T&T vs SLV game (12-Aug-09).
« on: August 13, 2009, 08:14:39 AM »
Clayton Ince - 9, man of the match and made a save I thought was impossible. Between he legs. NAH !!! that was sweet.

Dennis Lawrence - 6, handle the defence well, but still a little slow on the final toe poke and also takes to long to clear the ball.

Keston Williams - 6, had a very good match for a debut world cup game, make 2 bad mistakes though that could have cost us. But did very well, better choice so far for left back over Aklie Edwards.

Radanfah Abu Bakr - 7, excellent center back in the making. Finally a man to replace Andrews.

Silvo Spann - 5, was the weak link in defence, had it been Mexico or USA we would have conceded a lot of goals from Spann side, he gives his marker to much space and get caught out of position to many times. Latapy should have sub Spann and move Edwards to right back and replace Spann with Tinto. Spann is to inconsistent.

Clyde Leon - 6, handle the defensive midfield very well but still needs to work on his distribution.

Christopher Birchall - NR, Didn't make any impact when he came on. But out of the three subs Latas made he was the better one.

Trent Noel - 7, good in midfield and work from the start to finish. He has a good shot, needs to use it more.

Keon Daniel - 5, again, had good runs forward but very inconsistent. He needs to take more shots on goal because he is capable.

Dwight Yorke - NR, Didn't have any impact on the game and look unfit. Time for Yorke to get a club and play regular football or retire.

Carlos Edwards - 7, good free kick, boss first half but faded in the second half a bit.

Cornell Glen - 8, showed class and caused alot of problems for El Salvador when ever he got the ball. Should not have been sub.

Jason Scotland - NR, Is he really premiership quality.

Kenwyne Jones -7, work his socks off but for his size and strength he should be taking more shots on goal. Better game that his last one for T&T but still a rough diamond.

Russell Latapy - 7, he gets rating for the win, made 2 good subs (Yorke & Birchall) even though they didn't make an impact the idea was good just the players didn't improve the game or lift it. Jason Scotland should have never played. Overall, Latapy needs to be better a preparing the team and making tactical changes.

Anyone could have seen El Salvador was using the wing attack all game and they were coming very close to scoring and no adjustment was made. They were attacking on Spann saide the most.

When didn't T&T try to kill of El Salvador. They got comfortable and could have lost the game. We have to much of exprience for that.

We allow El Salvador to control the game and midfield for the entire second half.

On the positive side. Congrats to T&T, we have 3 weeks before we start again (back to back  games) and I await to see if Latapy will do anything positive from here on as far are preparation goes. Remember, we still LAST place.

Even if we win 3 more games we will only have 14 points and the way the other results going, we could still be in trouble even for 4th place.

Costa Rica 12
Honduras 10
USA 10
Mexico 9
El Salvador 5
Trinidad & Tobago 5
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Views & Rating for the T&T vs SLV game (12-Aug-09).
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 08:15:43 AM »
Bakr eh deserve dat 7
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 08:22:09 AM »

I have FAITH in Scotland he only got about 12min in the game but did cause problems. You should be asking the same thing about Jones. At least Scotland rack some goals last season so we know he could score.

I keep saying over and over let Scotland and Glenn start and you would see some real action

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 08:22:32 AM »
Yea, Bakr make some fundamental errors, a man cuss him whole second half, but he also made some big plays in between.

Also, second half, El salv attack almost exclusively down the TT left flank and Willaims get burnt. We have 2 very ordinary wingbacks.
we need Tinto/Edwards on the right, and Jloyd/Avery/Daniel/Hyland/Samuel to control the left.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 08:36:56 AM »

I have FAITH in Scotland he only got about 12min in the game but did cause problems. You should be asking the same thing about Jones. At least Scotland rack some goals last season so we know he could score.

I keep saying over and over let Scotland and Glenn start and you would see some real action

OK Glen and Scotty as we try Glen and KJ.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 08:43:07 AM »
At least Scotland rack some goals last season so we know he could score.
The top scorer in the EPL had 19 goals last season. Kenwyne had 12. So Kenwyne also "racked up some goals last season," even though he was out at the start of it.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2009, 08:54:21 AM »

Keston Williams - 6, had a very good match for a debut world cup game, make 2 bad mistakes though that could have cost us. But did very well, better choice so far for left back over Aklie Edwards.

So much ... i hope he does play another game in the hex
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2009, 09:15:40 AM »

I also didn't think he was as bad as some people indicated.  Played well in the first half but clearly he got tired in the second half and was struggling.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2009, 09:24:51 AM »

I also didn't think he was as bad as some people indicated.  Played well in the first half but clearly he got tired in the second half and was struggling.

struggling because the exploited him in the second ...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2009, 09:34:08 AM »

Tired?!!  Nah frankie, de man was not positioned well.  Only difference is he seemed to recover a little better than Spann would on his side.  He often had too much space between him and his mark but he also had little help from Skilla which only served to magnify any errors he made.  As the second half progressed he might have gotten tired since he was the target of ES attackin route.  Honestly I don't think Aklie could look any worse than KW did.

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2009, 09:38:40 AM »
"Carlos Edwards - 7, good free kick, boss first half but faded in the second half a bit."

I would say Carlos 8.5 ..... yes a boss first half...but the WHOLE team faded in the last 20 mins .. Carlos is clearly our best player and his performance last night was that of a premiership player. Aye, and he crosses was much better last night

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2009, 09:44:39 AM »
Am glad Glen came off ,he was giving it his all ,to much infact he woulda hurt himself or stretch up himself.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
We world cup Dream almost done.
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2009, 09:49:16 AM »
Get ready for honduras anything less than 3 pts and we done.

With that cut arse Honduras give Costa Rica it shows they are not going to self destruct. They have good players and now they playing good so real problems.

I cannot see costa rica not getting at least 3-4 more points easy so they are in.

USA will be in, they will beat el salvador in their next game.

Mexico will be in, Azteca will make sure.

Our hopes of coming 4th at least is fading fast.

We will need some divine intervention to pull this one out.

4 wins will do it but to win at Honduras and San Jose and beat Mexico and USA at home is almost impossible for this group.

but hey you never know.

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2009, 09:54:58 AM »
As long we have wingers that cannot consistently put in good crosses into the penalty box. Kenwyne will struggle to score for T&T.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: We world cup Dream almost done.
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2009, 09:55:26 AM »
thanks for the positive vybes

You dont think we know we need a miracle? But at least we have something to hope for ... with thread titles like this it just confirms how much of you lack belief on this forum

When it Done it Done..simple like that...Right now it still there..dont go and f**k up the good vybes today

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2009, 09:56:49 AM »
believe man.

i don't think we could get a top 3 spot but 4th is a possibility.

6 points at home vs. mex and usa and hopefully something on the road.

we done beat honduras in their yard...or was that the ghost of Mickey Trotman?

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2009, 09:59:10 AM »
impssible is nothing
ONLY is they do thier jobs, we need serious fittness and footballing brain upgrades

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2009, 10:05:24 AM »
Under all kicks...El salvador going and help us.

They ent that shitty and I feel they could take a few points off our opponents.

Once we do the deed in Honduras we go be right back in it.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2009, 10:06:21 AM »
Alyuh forget we was in Germany in 06 and we still ent know how we reach dey. We is ah las lap Country.  ;D

An somebody say GOD is ah Trini. ;)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 10:09:38 AM by Weh-it-is »
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2009, 10:10:04 AM »
It have 4 games left

12 potential points to get.

We could even lorse a game and still end up qualifyin with 14 points.

EVERY TEAM still very much in de runnin in dis Hex.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2009, 10:15:03 AM »
As long we have wingers that cannot consistently put in good crosses into the penalty box. Kenwyne will struggle to score for T&T.
Song to the tune of WAR by Bob Marley.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2009, 10:20:56 AM »
Somebody said that Honduras will be without Palacios, Costly and somebody else.
Those players make a big difference.

We could beat them.

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2009, 10:25:21 AM »
Personnally, if we ever manage to get our Team playing as a cohesive unit defensively, I think we would have a very good chance of qualifying for 2010 (even with our current points tally). Having seen all the sides in the Hex now, none of the teams are spectacularly better than us, we get enough of the ball it's just they get oppertunities through our defensive lapses...and they happen quite often unfortunately. I'm surprised we haven't conceeded more than 3 in a game so far to be honest. We were lucky yesterday but hey...ah win is ah win, on to the next one.

We are yet to give a sound defensive display, there have been competent even good individual performances but I cannot remember a time since 2006 when our back 4/5 genuinely played well as a unit. Considering the experienced players we have I'm amazed at the level of panic that sets in during most games. I suppose it shows the lack of confidence they have in each other. It's not just about having aging players, sometimes poor performances are simply down to a lack of concentration and trust in your teamates ability and decision making. I think our issues are more to do with the later than the former...and those are things that proper preparation can improve. Let's hope we get it....I'm always hopeful.

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2009, 10:26:25 AM »
It have 4 games left

12 potential points to get.

We could even lorse a game and still end up qualifyin with 14 points.

EVERY TEAM still very much in de runnin in dis Hex.

:o :o :o

im shocked. palos has something positive to say!!!

thanks 4 d positive vibes palos.  ;D :beermug:
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2009, 10:26:42 AM »
LOUDDDDDDDDDD STEUPSSSSSSSSSSSS. It coulda done last nite.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2009, 10:29:12 AM »
Somebody said that Honduras will be without Palacios, Costly and somebody else.
Those players make a big difference.

We could beat them.

We almost beat ah country name Sweden in the last WC  like alyuh forget. We beat Bahrain with people pleting we with stone and ting. The ball round and is 11 vs 11.
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2009, 10:29:33 AM »
Pick the right players in the back line, add J Lloyd and Zamora to the mix, set up a small camp in England, have a couple decent warm up games and we're pretty much already in South Africa.  These concacaf teams are nothing special.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2009, 10:30:50 AM »

struggling because the exploited him in the second ...

Cosign

Offline 2cents

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • FPL Vibes
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2009, 10:31:25 AM »
Carlos was d man of d match on ppv and in my opinion so tha rating wiggin
It's only kinky the 1st time

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2009, 10:33:22 AM »
Keston wasn't really bad but this is the worst team we gonna play in the competition Jlloyd samuel should seal that spot for the rest of games... Carlos was better than a 7...

1]; } ?>