May 22, 2024, 02:35:27 PM

Author Topic: I would lose my one last marble  (Read 3725 times)

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
Re: I would lose my one last marble
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 07:49:05 AM »
That is truely amazing. I honestly do not know how I would react.  I am a believer in christ but, my child is my flesh and blood. I really honestly do not know...... ???
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 08:21:50 AM »
"How can you be so bad at eight?"

the $64 Million dollar question
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 09:42:12 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline socachatter

• ey boy look ah make
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 09:26:59 AM »
this is really something else. but it's good to see that the teacher followed up on an absent child.  But das real maddness.  allyuh figure is possible for a child to be that violent if they not exposed to it in some way? is it learned behaviour or are some children born pre-disposed to violence?  i wondering about that since the Sean Luke situation.
"Moral certainty is always a sign of cultural inferiority.  The more uncivilized the man, the surer he is that he knows precisely what is right and what is wrong.  All human progress, even in morals, has been the work of men who doubted current moral values, not of men who tried to enforce them."

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 11:13:29 AM »
The Sean Luke situation busted me up. He would have been about the same age as my son is now. I rallied around and got signatures to send a card to the mom. It had me messed up for a long time, could still see Sean's little face.

As for how it happens. Ma used to tell me the story about the 'Bad Seed'. If I remember correctly, some little girl who murdered another little boy is class because he won a trophy that she coveted. Whether we can explain it away in terms of psychology, learned behaviour, chemical imbalance, what ever - still, some people seem to function in ways that leave me cold. A murderer or rapist didn't graduate into one at 18...

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 11:24:03 AM »
it could be all sorts of causes
FASD is one
and as
Dr Karl Menninger says
"‘‘What is done to children…...…they will do to society’’
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2008, 12:44:18 PM »
I think the most important issue here is being overlooked....

Elicia Mitchell. 

Mein gott.

truetrini

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2008, 03:27:06 PM »
whats missing is a system in the school to ensure that al students are accounted for during the school day.

How de arse ah 8 year old, kidnap ah 5 year old and waltz out de facking school and take she in ah forest and beat she?

I know de 8 year old have issues and probably acting out what she seeing at home....maybe so, maybe not.

But still suppose it was ah big hard back raper man pedophile who did walk in de school and walk out with de chile.

We woulda be having ah different debate now.

I woulda sue de school!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2008, 04:25:57 PM »
whats missing is a system in the school to ensure that al students are accounted for during the school day.

How de arse ah 8 year old, kidnap ah 5 year old and waltz out de facking school and take she in ah forest and beat she?

I know de 8 year old have issues and probably acting out what she seeing at home....maybe so, maybe not.

But still suppose it was ah big hard back raper man pedophile who did walk in de school and walk out with de chile.

I woulda sue de school!

But that is exactly what is in place here...the two of them got off the bus and the 8-year old took her then and there.  No one waltzed into the school and grabbed her.  About two hours later the teacher in taking roll discovered that she was missing, called the parent to find out if she went home (after another student said they saw the 8-year old lead her off).  At that point the teachers went in search of her.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2008, 04:29:12 PM »
my question then would be
why did it take two hours?...I did not understand that part.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2008, 04:31:29 PM »
You child never been late to school before?  Or absent?

Obviously it will take some time for a determination to be made whether a child is 'missing' or simply late/absent.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2008, 04:37:10 PM »

Obviously it will take some time for a determination to be made whether a child is 'missing' or simply late/absent.
yeah obviously I do not know how long after the kids get dropped off by the bus to the time that the role is called.
Then, as you say it takes time to make a determination of the situation.

my kids school had volunteer parents with walkie talkies walking around the playground.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 04:55:41 PM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

truetrini

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2008, 04:53:46 PM »

I woulda sue de school!

But that is exactly what is in place here...the two of them got off the bus and the 8-year old took her then and there.  No one waltzed into the school and grabbed her. 

So no one is placed at the school bus stop?  No one is there after school to ensure the children get on the bus safely?

Anyone can go to the bus stop and waltz away with a child?

About two hours later the teacher in taking roll discovered that she was missing, called the parent to find out if she went home (after another student said they saw the 8-year old lead her off). 

2 facking hours to take roll?  That is unacceptable!

At that point the teachers went in search of her.

If a child is not in school and there is no record that the child would be missing school that day, after roll call...taken first thing in the morning after the bell...the parents should be notified that their child is absent and if there is any particular reason for that absence!

As I said it is facking irresponsible by the school, but then what de f**k I know about education and running schools?

truetrini

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2008, 04:54:23 PM »

yeah obviously I do not know how long after the kids get dropped off by the bus to the time that the role is called.
Then, as you say it takes time to make a determination of the situation.
Bullshit..two hours?  The school slack no arse!
Anyone with common sense would see that two facking hours is too long to find out why a child is not in class!

Supposed the child was kidnapped...oh shit that is what happened, and it was not by another child, but a big hard back bastard, then time is essential and of the essence.

Supposed you put your child on de bus at 7 am andsomebody tief she/he at 7 30am,  school over at 3 pm and dem eh call yuh at all and ask why yuh chile missing..yuh shit out of luck ent?

De school needs to improve their system.

They slack no arse!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 04:59:27 PM by truetrini »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2008, 05:27:53 PM »
So no one is placed at the school bus stop?  No one is there after school to ensure the children get on the bus safely?

Anyone can go to the bus stop and waltz away with a child?

About two hours later the teacher in taking roll discovered that she was missing, called the parent to find out if she went home (after another student said they saw the 8-year old lead her off). 

2 facking hours to take roll?  That is unacceptable!

If a child is not in school and there is no record that the child would be missing school that day, after roll call...taken first thing in the morning after the bell...the parents should be notified that their child is absent and if there is any particular reason for that absence!

As I said it is facking irresponsible by the school, but then what de f**k I know about education and running schools?
You does take in or what?  Either that or yuh off yuh meds I swear.

anyways...it didn't take them two hours to take roll...it was two hours after she was dropped off that they notified the parent

A teacher at roll call missed Mikeda, and a classmate told of seeing her and the girl walking away.

Elicia Mitchell said shortly before 10 a.m., "a teacher called to ask if my daughter reached back home. I told her no. She said Mikeda was missing and the other girl too."

So lemmih juss correct what i said earlier.

You want to call the school slack by American standards then be my guest.  When I was six years old I was running errands in de junction for my mother.  Back then all she had to do was teach me to look right, look left and then look right again before crossing de road.  By today's standard I'm sure she would be villified.

Even with the spate of kidnappings in Trinidad today I can understand why the school's policies (or lack thereof) are the way they are, 5-year old kids aren't being randomly targeted for kidnapping in TnT, certainly not by their classmates.  So again, call them slack, irresponsible all yuh want... it's an unrealistic reaction if you ask me.

truetrini

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2008, 05:33:50 PM »
Fella like yuh cyar read..it said two hours later the teacher IN taking roll discovered that the student was missing!

American standards?  what about common sense standards.

times have changed drastically...or yuh living in ah facking bubble?  Trinidad when you was ah chile long gorn, looking left and right eh enough..like yuh doh see de amount ah violence in schools in Trinidad now?  Parents, teachers and students getting random cut arse from rogue students!

Take your meds and go take ah nap...is obvious yuh stressed!

About two hours later the teacher in taking roll discovered that she was missing, called the parent to find out if she went home after another student said they saw the 8-year old lead her off
[/b][/i][/color]

Not kidnapped, but how many have been raped and killed in recent times?

steups.  drastic?

Nah common sense.

I would be suing dey c**ts!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 05:37:39 PM by truetrini »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2008, 05:54:45 PM »
Okay, let's take this slow so that even you could keep up.

Fella like yuh cyar read..it said two hours later the teacher IN taking roll discovered that the student was missing!

Actually no, that is NOT what you said, this is what you said

"2 facking hours to take roll?  That is unacceptable! "  I was the one who said "two hours later in taking roll the teacher discovered she was missing".   I was wrong about that, it did not take two hours to take roll and so I corrected that.  You of course too busy with yuh hot flashes to notice that so yuh fly off on another tangent.

American standards?  what about common sense standards.

times have changed drastically...or yuh living in ah facking bubble?  Trinidad when you was ah chile long gorn, looking left and right eh enough..like yuh doh see de amount ah violence in schools in Trinidad now?  Parents, teachers and students getting random cut arse from rogue students!

Did I say that Trinidad today is the same as it was when I was a child??  Did I not concede that times have changed?  I said even acknowledging the fact that times have changed the school had no reason to anticipate something like this happening.  It's always easy in hindsight to look back and criticize... an objective assessment of the situation from the administrators perspective might yield different results.

Take your meds and go take ah nap...is obvious yuh stressed!

Me stressed?  Stop yuh silly projecting, you de one fly in de thread on ah tear cussin' and carrying on all emotional for no good reason...funny then that you should project your malaise onto me when I sitting here eating my Haagen Dazs watching you go thru menopause on de forum.

Not kidnapped, but how many have been raped and killed in recent times?

steups.  drastic?

Nah common sense.

I would be suing dey c**ts!

How many primary school students have been kidnapped in recent times?  Let alone kidnapped from the schoolyard? 

Good luck in yuh suit...I fuh one if yuh was so determined would take yuh money juss fuh de hell ah it, knowing full well yuh case ent going nowhere.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 05:57:43 PM by Bake n Shark »

truetrini

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2008, 06:13:38 PM »
I agree with everything and all that you jes said.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2008, 07:34:07 AM »
this thread remind me of this fight with bake n' shark taking on the role of zab judah and truetrini landing a kostya-like KO. judah jump up only to find he have nothing to stand on - he done fail to see the reality of the situation thinking he still have something to prove. common sense prevail in the end.

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2008, 12:49:51 PM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl:Man jump up and asking the ref if he see de license plate of the truck that hit him..  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2008, 03:05:47 PM »
this thread remind me of this fight with bake n' shark taking on the role of zab judah and truetrini landing a kostya-like KO. judah jump up only to find he have nothing to stand on - he done fail to see the reality of the situation thinking he still have something to prove. common sense prevail in the end.

Ribbit, maybe it more like this one ;D ;D
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 03:07:45 PM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2008, 05:10:10 PM »
this is the best one, although it probably belongs in the Star Trek thread.. :rotfl: :rotfl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2T2hyP6w3U&feature=related

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2008, 05:58:10 PM »

Ribbit, maybe it more like this one ;D ;D

yes - that's it right there. still swinging while flat on his back. wow, kTFo.

this is the best one, although it probably belongs in the Star Trek thread.. :rotfl: :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:  that too funny

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2008, 07:40:51 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
take dat.....on de Kisser
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2008, 06:49:44 PM »
Lawd dis is some somerious sh*t...  >:(

truetrini

« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2008, 04:35:39 AM »
Hope's end

Suspect leads cops to girl's body

Richard Charan rcharan@trinidadexpress.com

Wednesday, May 28th 2008

dead: Eight-year-old Hope Arismandez.

In an abandoned canefield less than a mile from her home, the search ended yesterday evening for eight-year-old Hope Arismandez.

Taken from the house four days ago by a man she loved and trusted, Hope's decaying body was defiled.

The girl, who wanted to be a teacher, was found wearing only a pink top, face down in the dirt, stabbed several times.

Police said it appeared from the position of her body she had been sodomised and raped. It appeared she had also been cut open. A knife was found near the body.

The body was found at the side of a canefield road off the Pierre Connector Road in Chaguanas at 4.15 p.m. Fifteen minutes earlier, a 28-year-old man in police custody since Hope's disappearance is said to have confessed.

Many of the people who lined the road to mourn Hope's killing were on their way to the Uriah Butler Highway to protest last week's killing of young businessman Surindra Bridegmohan. (See other story)

Instead, they stopped to rail against the hopelessness of it all, and to remember similar child killings: Four-year-old Amy Annamunthodo and six-year-old old Sean Luke.

Hope, a first standard pupil of the Carapichaima Roman Catholic School, lived with her mother, Sherma Ranjoon, 58, and a 14-year-old brother, in an apartment complex at Lime Head Road, Chase Village, Chaguanas.

Last Saturday night, Ranjoon said she went to work at a supermarket in Chaguanas and left Hope in the care of a male companion. She said Hope called her at 9 a.m. to say the man was preparing a meal of chicken and fries. Ranjoon said when she reached home at 11 a.m., the apartment was empty and when the man returned, he told a story of taking his dump truck for a fuel refill and drinking two beers before returning home.

The man said he thought Hope had gone to the apartment of a neighbouring tenant. That tenant said she locked her doors at 8.30 p.m. Ranjoon panicked. She called the police.

The man, a truck driver originally of Cemetery Street, Warrenville, has been in custody at the Freeport Police Station since then. He denied knowing anything about Hope.

Yesterday, up to 2 p.m., Hope's parents, who are separated, still believed she was alive.

Ranjoon went to a church in the village with her Bible and prayed for her daughter to come home safely. "I believe she is alive. Somebody kidnapped her. I just want them to let her go," she said then.

Hope's father, Ronald Arismandez, 58, said he and Hope were close in every respect and she was smart enough to say if anything bad had happened to her in the past. She never did. Arismandez too said his Hope was alive, and asked that the police bring her home by nighttime.

Instead, two of the better homicide officers-ASP Johnny Abraham and Insp Stanley Ramdeen-were assigned to the case yesterday. They visited the home, went to the Freeport Police Station and got the suspect to talk. He took them to where he killed the girl. The airship had hovered above the very canefield for three hours the previous day.

Chaguanas Mayor Suruj Rambachan joined the mourners behind the crime-scene tape yesterday. He said crime was out of control, the State was powerless, and all hope was lost.Officers seized the suspect's truck to conduct forensic tests on it yesterday. Investigations are continuing.

truetrini

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2008, 04:44:20 AM »
Report: Sexual and verbal abuse of pupils by teachers

Kimberly Castillo

Wednesday, May 28th 2008

hello there: UWI senior lecturer, Dr Daphne Phillips, left, greets pupils after yesterday's seminar "Controlling youth violence and transactional sexual behaviour in schools" at UWI's Learning Resource Centre, St Augustine. -Photo: DEXTER PHILIP

A STUDY on youth violence and sexual behaviour in some junior secondary schools has sparked fresh concerns about the school system.

The study concerning violence and sexual behaviour among youths, which was conducted late last year in 14 junior secondary schools across the country, revealed that many pupils were subjected to sexual harassment, physical and verbal abuse by teachers. It also revealed that sexual abuse at home, including incest, was contributing to 40 per cent of the stress many junior secondary school pupils experience.

In five of the 14 schools at which pupils were interviewed, children reported making sexually explicit videos through cellphones, sometimes assisted by teachers.

A research team from the Unit for Social Problem Analysis and Social Policy (USPAP) at the University of the West Indies met with a total of 358 junior secondary pupils between the months September-December last year, where they sought to find out from the pupils what drove them to react violently.

"Society does not believe that this is going on, especially those who are far from that situation, but it is going on," said Dr Daphne Phillips, senior lecturer and co-ordinator of the USPAP.

Phillips was speaking at a seminar entitled "Controlling youth violence and transactional sexual behaviour in schools" at the Learning Resource Centre at UWI's St Augustine campus.

She said junior secondary schools were volatile environments for children, many of whom already have similar backgrounds, such as abusive homes. "What we think should be done is that we prevent one set of schools from accumulating children with the same set of experiences. So we think we should not have junior secondary schools. We must remove that label," she said.

Last year, former education minister Hazel Manning said the de-shifting exercise would be completed by 2009. During the period 2002-2006, nine junior secondary schools were de-shifted and converted to five-year schools. To date, only six junior secondary schools remain to be de-shifted.

According to the report, physical abuse and poverty contributed 15 and 30 per cent respectively to the stress experienced by pupils belonging to junior secondary school system. Phillips said these forms of abuse, including parental neglect and verbal abuse, were some of the root causes of youth violence in schools. As a result, she said many schoolboys resort to gang activity, drugs and bullying, while the girls resort to transactional sex for money.

Contacted on the matter yesterday, president of the Trinidad and Tobago Unified Teachers' Association, Roustan Job, said he preferred not to give a comment before he got a copy of the report.

truetrini

« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2008, 10:28:01 PM »
Consultant: Laws needed to protect children

BY COREY CONNELLY

The Government is being criticised for failing to put measures in place to protect children in T&T.

Educational consultant Dr Harold Mahabir said yesterday that while the Government seemed preoccupied with its massive infrastructural development programme, the country’s social fabric was “going down the drain.”

He was commenting on the murder of Carapichaima RC School student Hope Arismandez.

The body of the eight-year-old girl, of Umesh Drive in Chaguanas, was discovered in a Chaguanas canefield on Tuesday.

She had been reported missing by her mother, Sherma Rajoon, on Saturday.

Describing Hope’s death as “disturbing and mind-boggling,” Mahabir said while violent attacks on children had become a worldwide phenomenon, steps needed to be intensified locally to provide for their protection.

The consultant said he had been calling on the Government to implement laws to protect children since 2003.

“I said then that if we do not implement laws to protect children, there will be heavy consequences to pay,” said Mahabir.

Social Development Minister Dr Amery Browne assured, however, that the Government was doing its part to stem the trend by bringing to the Parliament key pieces of legislation, which were already on the Order Paper.

Browne, in an immediate reaction to the young girl’s death on Tuesday, said his ministry was also seeking to strengthen systems to provide for the safety of children.

Mahabir said yesterday that he was a strong advocate of the adage—It takes a village to raise a child.

“Failure to practise this would have pronounced implications for the kind of violent activities now invading our back yards.” he said.

“I feel that the community must be a source of protection and a human shield guarding the innocent fledgling among us,” he said.

1]; } ?>