May 07, 2024, 01:05:48 PM

Author Topic: Roy keen on Carlos  (Read 1707 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Roy keen on Carlos
« on: April 18, 2008, 05:53:03 AM »
Roy keen on Carlos
By Nick Alexander (safc.com)

Roy Keane reckons Carlos Edwards is due a big performance - and he hopes it comes on Sunday.

Edwards, Sunderland's speedy winger, is yet to reach top form after returning from a broken leg last month.

The former Luton man's season has been wrecked by injuries - he has played just 10 games for the Wearsiders since they won promotion.

But Keane feels Edwards is about ready to hit top gear and for Sunderland there would be no better time for it to happen than in the Tyne-Wear derby.

"We feel there's a performance from Carlos just around the corner," said Keane.

"Carlos has had a stop-start season but he can be a big player for us if he's on song, he brings something different to the side."

Keane says Sunderland must play to Edwards' strengths. He explained "There have been too many games when we've just shoved the ball out to him and said 'get on with it'. We need to help him out and get the best from him.

"We've to make sure he sees enough of the ball and we have to make sure that, when he does get it, he's not doing so in a bad position.

"There have been times when he's had to receive the ball with three opposition players around him and that's no good for him or us.

"But provided we give him the service and he sees enough of the ball, there's potentially a top game from him around the corner. Hopefully, we'll see that sooner rather than later."
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Trinitim

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Roy keen on Carlos
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 12:13:51 PM »

Yeah he DUE. I CONFIDENT HE GO SCORE A BULLET BEFORE THE END OF THE SEASON. I LIKE WHAT KEANE SAID THAT THEY HAVE TO HELP HIM JUST NOT DUMP THE BALL TO HIM AND EXPECT MAGIC WHEN HE HAVE 3 DEFENDERS AROUND HIM.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 01:18:54 PM »

Yeah he DUE. I CONFIDENT HE GO SCORE A BULLET BEFORE THE END OF THE SEASON. I LIKE WHAT KEANE SAID THAT THEY HAVE TO HELP HIM JUST NOT DUMP THE BALL TO HIM AND EXPECT MAGIC WHEN HE HAVE 3 DEFENDERS AROUND HIM.
:devil:
Keene said nothing or the sport media had to submit sumthin, so they throw out this garbage....Which player in the world yuh could decide to dump the ball and magic go just happen..When Maradona do he magical run, before he pick up the ball in midfield, everybody was expecting that.....the beauty of the game is when that magic happens when that sitation presents itself....which player doesn't need help, is ah team sport, even if a opposin player thinkin yuh goin an pass (to who), indicates somebody helping yuh..
also...as a professional, which player doh be due, if Christiano, miss 2 open chances tomorrow, does he become less due ? and which player comes back from a series of injuries, including a break, and in one month becomes due.. Due for what ? to last 90 mins ? 

slow day

Offline Trinitim

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 06:44:05 PM »

Take you time maxg all I saying is that he has not really made a great impact since his return. In other words his performances that won Sunderland matches in the Championship, he has not made that kind of impact YET in the Premiership and yes I know he coming back from injury so I don't expect miracles. Perhaps you have a problem with the word DUE, so for you I would rearrange my statement. Sooner or later carlos edwards have to put in a match winning perofrmance. I aint rushing him, I know he has the ability and the skill SO IS JUST A MATTER OF TIME. SO I AINT FIGHTING DOWN THE MAN. FURTHUR MORE IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ME I AM ONE OF CARLOS'S BIGGEST FANS.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008, 01:18:49 AM »
doh dig..ah doh have a problem with you or Keene, just the story ain't necessary..which Sunderland player really have had any big impact.this ain't Championship, and plenty man, not the best in this level, ge bang up....everybody fighting and trying they best yes, I agree but looking for ah man who injured mst of the ear to have impact, wha it doh hae no future consideration?.....KJ an all is the toast of the town, and what big impact he really had..he is athletic, yes. Potential yes.one for the future, yes. will serve the club well, yes..buh what impact he really have..it's is the EPL and all of Sunderland fighting and holdin there own, so why we must hold we breath and put saviour pressure on Carlos, let the man heal body mind and spirit and fall in..but he don't need no added pressure...big Scheva come and ketch hell, who is Carlos from Champions league...everything, and everybody will ave his time and day in the sun, for now let Carlos just help the fight up, and when it's time, he big games will happen...unless ppl only wantthe one thats DUE and then he done for ah lil while after...a'la the Jones slump..take yuh time Carlos doh go an hurt yuhself overtrying, just help the rest of the team fight up, buh doh carry no battle/save club  by yuhself...day when they really need yuh to do that will come, right now just get yuhself prepared for that day

Offline Trinitim

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2008, 06:05:09 AM »
 THANKS MAXG UNDERSTOOD!!!!!!!!!!! BLESSINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1]; } ?>