May 06, 2024, 02:39:07 AM

Author Topic: GENERAL ELECTIONS COMING SOON IN 2010 !  (Read 135825 times)

AirMan

Re: GENERAL ELECTIONS COMING SOON IN 2010 !
« Reply #90 on: April 03, 2010, 05:35:42 AM »
JC you is a mad man  :rotfl:..what does all that have to do with my previous post ?  :rotfl:..so you think i voting kamla or Manning come tell me Ms Cleo .. I agreed with you that TnT does not have a party of all races and you went off like a mad man on a whole other issue  :rotfl::..its best people just tell you everyday in here they want Manning to keep you sane, and I never said the PNM will only choose black people (read again)..I think i understand you better now with that false allegation you made
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 06:49:58 AM by AirMan »

Offline signal

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 03, 2010, 06:38:38 AM »

i rather see ah whole new party that truly represents the faces of TNT, not no damn indian party or no african party, but ah party of all the ppls of TNT, with young vibrant minds and new ideas!

and when will this happen ? kamla just released her names for candidates of constituencies and I see mostly indians. i expect to see mostly black people too when Manning release his names later this weeks...the type of party you talking bout may have to evolve by itself and wont be PNM or UNC. maybe it will happen but not this generation

sad but true...
If...
chief justice ivor archie say so
ex-chief justice sharma say so
law assoc pres martin daly say so
transpareny institute say so
Ken Gordon say so
jones p say so....then is so!!!

truetrini

« Reply #92 on: April 03, 2010, 07:26:19 AM »

i rather see ah whole new party that truly represents the faces of TNT, not no damn indian party or no african party, but ah party of all the ppls of TNT, with young vibrant minds and new ideas!

and when will this happen ? kamla just released her names for candidates of constituencies and I see mostly indians. i expect to see mostly black people too when Manning release his names later this weeks...the type of party you talking bout may have to evolve by itself and wont be PNM or UNC. maybe it will happen but not this generation

sad but true...

PNM alkways has a good mix of candidates..always!

Men, women, white , chinee, mixed breed, indians.  ALWAYS...UNC will do good to emulate the PNM..seriously.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 07:53:14 AM by Trinity Cross »

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 03, 2010, 07:27:47 AM »
Panday hints at forming a party....

Offline signal

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 03, 2010, 08:58:04 AM »

steups....sometimes ah does wonder if people like pandey doh have family and friends who can tell them when enough is enough!!!
If...
Ken Gordon say so

truetrini

« Reply #95 on: April 03, 2010, 09:02:58 AM »

steups....sometimes ah does wonder if people like pandey doh have family and friends who can tell them when enough is enough!!!

Panday responsible for the sorry state T&T in now.  He is de main reason PNM have such a huge maNDATE IN THE HOUSE AND WHY DEM GETTING AWAY WITH SHIT.

iF HE HAD WALKED AWAY LONG TIME, THE pnm WOULD HAVE BEEN IN A MORE TENOUS POSITION, BUT GIVEN mANNING'S SHORTCOMINGS LIKE HE AND pANDAY BOTH HELL BENT ON DESTROYING THEIR RESPECTIVE PARTYS

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 03, 2010, 09:08:44 AM »

Agreed TC...

people does criticize de die hard PNMites but equally there are die hard Pandaymites... :beermug:

AirMan

« Reply #97 on: April 03, 2010, 09:11:57 AM »

Panday to form his own party
Kimberly Mackhan
Published: 17 Feb 2010
Kimberly Mackhan

Attorney Ricky Harnanan has been mandated to pinpoint the requirements that Basdeo Panday would need to form another political party, and maintain his position as Leader of the Opposition, according to a well-placed informant.

“Ricky has been asked to prepare a constitution (for Panday’s proposed party) for consideration, in consultation with Ramesh Maharaj, and the discussions with Ramesh have been spearheaded by Kelvin (Ramnath),” said the informant, who was close to Panday. “It includes Ramesh being made chief whip and deputy political leader and political leader-in-waiting (of Panday’s new party).” The informant said that Panday was holding on to his strength of Opposition UNC Members of Parliament (MPs)—his daughter Mikela, brother Subhas, Kelvin Ramnath, Ramesh Maharaj, Vasant Bharath, Dr Hamza Rafeeq and Dr Tim Gopeesingh—to prevent his rival, Kamla Persad-Bissessar, from removing and replacing him as Opposition Leader. Persad-Bissessar, who defeated Panday to become political leader of the Opposition United National Congress (UNC), indicated last week that she needed the written support of one more Opposition MP for President George Maxwell Richards to appoint her to the post of Opposition Leader.
Read the rest http://guardian.co.tt/news/politics/2010/02/17/panday-form-his-own-party

AirMan

« Reply #98 on: April 03, 2010, 09:14:24 AM »

Kimberly Mackhan
Kimberly Mackhan

Attorney Ricky Harnanan has been mandated to pinpoint the requirements that Basdeo Panday would need to form another political party, and maintain his position as Leader of the Opposition, according to a well-placed informant.

“Ricky has been asked to prepare a constitution (for Panday’s proposed party) for consideration, in consultation with Ramesh Maharaj, and the discussions with Ramesh have been spearheaded by Kelvin (Ramnath),” said the informant, who was close to Panday. “It includes Ramesh being made chief whip and deputy political leader and political leader-in-waiting (of Panday’s new party).” The informant said that Panday was holding on to his strength of Opposition UNC Members of Parliament (MPs)—his daughter Mikela, brother Subhas, Kelvin Ramnath, Ramesh Maharaj, Vasant Bharath, Dr Hamza Rafeeq and Dr Tim Gopeesingh—to prevent his rival, Kamla Persad-Bissessar, from removing and replacing him as Opposition Leader. Persad-Bissessar, who defeated Panday to become political leader of the Opposition United National Congress (UNC), indicated last week that she needed the written support of one more Opposition MP for President George Maxwell Richards to appoint her to the post of Opposition Leader.
Read the rest http://guardian.co.tt/news/politics/2010/02/17/panday-form-his-own-party

Now this article is dated Feb 17th...but I expect Panday to come with the further developments soon since Kamla recently announced her slate of candidates

Offline signal

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 03, 2010, 09:26:00 AM »

Kimberly Mackhan
Kimberly Mackhan

Now this article is dated Feb 17th...but I expect Panday to come with the further developments soon since Kamla recently announced her slate of candidates

Allyuh really tink Panday coming with a new party??
ah wonder where his support will come from
-people who on the fence
-COP peeps
-PNM peeps that vex with manning
-UNC people that just vote big for kamla
If...
Ken Gordon say so

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 03, 2010, 10:05:38 AM »
there are ignorant indians who will support Panday to his grave... ah guess manning buy him off... now panday doing a divide and conquer  :devil:

PNM will Prevail... but tnt in for some tough years ahead... ah give up on we football, now is just country... :beermug:

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 03, 2010, 12:09:28 PM »
same breath..only ignorant "negros" will support/vote for manning then? cause the man rape the the country, causing decay to he own party and have no clue how to improve the status of the country and people.

the whole indian this and negro this is what have the facking country where it is today. no responsibility for one's actions and bawl we deprived. time to get up and get... and take care of your own.

I juss facking fedup of the blatant disrespect for people on this forum.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #102 on: April 03, 2010, 01:01:12 PM »
Allyuh really feel the PNM will win. I living here and I don't get that feeling at all. Many PNM people will not vote  and the opposition will likely have a united front. So there is no question of a split vote favouring the PNM.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 03, 2010, 03:34:01 PM »
same breath..only ignorant "negros" will support/vote for manning then? cause the man rape the the country, causing decay to he own party and have no clue how to improve the status of the country and people.

the whole indian this and negro this is what have the facking country where it is today. no responsibility for one's actions and bawl we deprived. time to get up and get... and take care of your own.

Jumbie if I offend you... I do apologize but my family has been in politics for 50 years now... and is only 1 type of people does support Bas... as much as we does pong PNM they have always surrounded themselves with the brightest and wealthiest of the nation... I grow up on de same street with Panday, go to school with he daughter, wine up on she in RPM... ah tell yuh de man is a straight bold face separatist... right now we doh need that shyte... PNM credibility hanging by a thread and he looking to move de other way... but honestly bredda no disrespect....to you or board members... ah callin it like ah see it... (ah may be skewed but...)

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 03, 2010, 03:35:21 PM »
Allyuh really feel the PNM will win. I living here and I don't get that feeling at all. Many PNM people will not vote  and the opposition will likely have a united front. So there is no question of a split vote favouring the PNM.

A secretary of CoP tellin me UNC and CoP in talks as we type  :beermug:

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 03, 2010, 06:31:18 PM »

A secretary of CoP tellin me UNC and CoP in talks as we type  :beermug:

Boss that eh news.....check een wid we when yuh get some real dirt.....like uuuummm....the election date or something so... :devil: ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 03, 2010, 08:32:33 PM »

Jumbie if I offend you... I do apologize but my family has been in politics for 50 years now... and is only 1 type of people does support Bas... as much as we does pong PNM they have always surrounded themselves with the brightest and wealthiest of the nation... I grow up on de same street with Panday, go to school with he daughter, wine up on she in RPM... ah tell yuh de man is a straight bold face separatist... right now we doh need that shyte... PNM credibility hanging by a thread and he looking to move de other way... but honestly bredda no disrespect....to you or board members... ah callin it like ah see it... (ah may be skewed but...)
Weh you apologizing to him for??? loud fackin sstttuueeepppsssss!!!! you eh tell no lie! the country divided along racial lines, and has always been for ah while now! when i was ah yute man going to high school in trini, white kids, chinese and syrians attended specific schools, mainly colleges,

while in POS blacks, spanish and TOWN indians( who i find to be very cool and don't deal with dat racist shyte) mostly attended the lower junior sec, and secondary schools like tranquility, belmont sec, south east, woodbrook and stjames sec.

the rural indians had their own schools, and never allowed their kids to mix with the rest of the population. when i was ah yute i used to hear them old fellas saying they just came off the reservation, ah term they used when ever they went to caroni, penal, or st.helena.

now i never shared them old fellas sentiments, Bc a lot of them were bigoted in their views, but i guess they never understood how other trinidadians could live so segregated from the rest of the population.

this morning i went on line tuh read the express, the first story was about ah car dealer who was kidnapped and rescued by the cops. the earlier comments in the comment column had nothing to do with the article , but rather politics, and RACIAL politics @ that!

"africans does make mischief where ever they go, africans bringing the country down, africans backwards, african dunce, only indians keeping this country afloat, indians is the back bone of the country" got my drift? suprisingly not one bad racist comment by an african, chinese, french creole, and the ones that was in rebuttal was just showing them just how ignorant they were. and the sad part about it was, they were all endorsing the UNC.

finally, probably the editor or the moderator under the editor's advice removed all the unsavory comments and started ah fresh comment column with more relevant comments.

this is what the UNC/ ULF created, and allyuh want these ppl ruling yuh country tuh divide it even more?? like allyuh forgot what happened the last time the UNC ruled and panday was the PM? the country was divided and it showed heavily in the poles, evidently.

so if anyone is offended by your comments, then they're in heavy denial, and should be offended by their own naivety instead! and in turn, i find their naivety to be offensive..

PS:here's the article with the nasty comments, it's starts off on the topic and changes to and all out racial political discourse, if yuh want tuh call it that! BTW this is the later edited version.  sorry, but i could'nt pull up the first set of comments, they were really raw and offensive :nailbiting:  http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/nart?id=161620879
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 09:34:32 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

truetrini

Re: Confusion in UNC camp
« Reply #107 on: April 04, 2010, 09:07:27 PM »

…UNC screening starts April 13
Shaliza Hassanali
Published: 4 Apr 2010
Shaliza Hassanali

Confusion seems to be brewing in the United National Congress (UNC) camp. Sources are claiming that party chairman and Chaguanas West MP, Jack Warner, and deputy political leader, Lyndira Oudit, were excluded from a closed-door meeting at Rienzi Complex, Couva, on April 1. However, acting political leader Suruj Rambachan is insisting the allegations are untrue, and that it’s pure mischief. Rambachan insisted that as the party picked up momentum to topple the PNM at the impending polls, some people were out to create confusion. He said several meetings were taking place at the request of political leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar, who is in Miami raising funds for the general election.

She is expected to return home tomorrow. Warner, Rambachan said, had attended the meeting. Asked if he was invited, Rambachan replied: “No…but all that is mischief. “There are several events taking place in preparation for the election, and you will find that will happen for an election time.” A UNC source said Warner and Oudit were not invited to a meeting chaired by Fyzabad MP Chandresh Sharma, but made an appearance. When Oudit tried to enquire why they were left out, she was dismissed by a member. Sources said Oudit, who has expressed an interest in contesting the Pointe-a-Pierre seat, is being opposed by certain members. Warner, who is due to return from Korea on Wednesday, could not be reached yesterday for comment.

Meanwhile, Persad-Bissessar has given instructions to get the party machinery primed and ready for the election. She has instructed General Secretary, Dr Glen Ramadharsingh, to invite all Constituency Executives to nominate candidates for the expected general elections. April 12 is the deadline for nominations to be completed, while screening starts on April 13. “It is expected that such nominations will in no way compromise the ongoing unity talks between opposition parties,” it added. Persad-Bissessar has asked the chairman to activate the UNC National Campaign Team and present a report within 72 hours for the consideration of the National Executive. When she returns tomorrow, she will be stepping up talks with all other political parties to ensure there are no three way fights against the PNM.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #108 on: April 04, 2010, 11:12:45 PM »

Weh you apologizing to him for??? loud fackin sstttuueeepppsssss!!!! you eh tell no lie! the country divided along racial lines, and has always been for ah while now! when i was ah yute man going to high school in trini, white kids, chinese and syrians attended specific schools, mainly colleges,

while in POS blacks, spanish and TOWN indians( who i find to be very cool and don't deal with dat racist shyte) mostly attended the lower junior sec, and secondary schools like tranquility, belmont sec, south east, woodbrook and stjames sec.

the rural indians had their own schools, and never allowed their kids to mix with the rest of the population. when i was ah yute i used to hear them old fellas saying they just came off the reservation, ah term they used when ever they went to caroni, penal, or st.helena.

now i never shared them old fellas sentiments, Bc a lot of them were bigoted in their views, but i guess they never understood how other trinidadians could live so segregated from the rest of the population.

this morning i went on line tuh read the express, the first story was about ah car dealer who was kidnapped and rescued by the cops. the earlier comments in the comment column had nothing to do with the article , but rather politics, and RACIAL politics @ that!

"africans does make mischief where ever they go, africans bringing the country down, africans backwards, african dunce, only indians keeping this country afloat, indians is the back bone of the country" got my drift? suprisingly not one bad racist comment by an african, chinese, french creole, and the ones that was in rebuttal was just showing them just how ignorant they were. and the sad part about it was, they were all endorsing the UNC.

finally, probably the editor or the moderator under the editor's advice removed all the unsavory comments and started ah fresh comment column with more relevant comments.

this is what the UNC/ ULF created, and allyuh want these ppl ruling yuh country tuh divide it even more?? like allyuh forgot what happened the last time the UNC ruled and panday was the PM? the country was divided and it showed heavily in the poles, evidently.

so if anyone is offended by your comments, then they're in heavy denial, and should be offended by their own naivety instead! and in turn, i find their naivety to be offensive..

PS:here's the article with the nasty comments, it's starts off on the topic and changes to and all out racial political discourse, if yuh want tuh call it that! BTW this is the later edited version.  sorry, but i could'nt pull up the first set of comments, they were really raw and offensive :nailbiting:  http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/nart?id=161620879

here nah, i hearing alot of talk about race but no one touch on the topic that its money that is the only colour of interest for both parties.

pnm is supported by many indians, high profile to middle class indians with money. this entire race division in tt is about money, having a united party in tt will mean less money and better governance coupled with less foreign dominance on our natural resources.

people on this board talking about race, its only the ill informed argue about race, if you really think panday and manning are enemies or bigots your living an illusion, the most corrupt govt and opposition must continue to mamaguy the population in order to have full control and manipulate. its best for the foreign interests because of natural resources.

people need to start looking at the wider spectrum of things, like the actual mandate of the party and what is the party's stance on foreign powers having extensive leverage on our nation. even then your only scratching the surface.

the foreign interests love the way our nation is right now and it will stay that way, dont expect things to change bc its already set out for the next 10 years how the nation will operate or not operate.

the only real solution is unity among the races who are not the upper echelon of society who have the numbers but they must become politically aware of what is going on and stop letting partisan politics pit them against eachother. petty differences of race will just stunt the nation. the people must pu that aside for the better of the country, however the political parties are there to enforce the divide.

yes there may be cultural differences but this was done intentionally from the beginning of indenture. divide and rule is still the name of the game.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 11:17:04 PM by Controversial »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Confusion in UNC camp
« Reply #109 on: April 04, 2010, 11:23:37 PM »

Shaliza Hassanali
Shaliza Hassanali

Confusion seems to be brewing in the United National Congress (UNC) camp. Sources are claiming that party chairman and Chaguanas West MP, Jack Warner, and deputy political leader, Lyndira Oudit, were excluded from a closed-door meeting at Rienzi Complex, Couva, on April 1. However, acting political leader Suruj Rambachan is insisting the allegations are untrue, and that it’s pure mischief. Rambachan insisted that as the party picked up momentum to topple the PNM at the impending polls, some people were out to create confusion. He said several meetings were taking place at the request of political leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar, who is in Miami raising funds for the general election.

She is expected to return home tomorrow. Warner, Rambachan said, had attended the meeting. Asked if he was invited, Rambachan replied: “No…but all that is mischief. “There are several events taking place in preparation for the election, and you will find that will happen for an election time.” A UNC source said Warner and Oudit were not invited to a meeting chaired by Fyzabad MP Chandresh Sharma, but made an appearance. When Oudit tried to enquire why they were left out, she was dismissed by a member. Sources said Oudit, who has expressed an interest in contesting the Pointe-a-Pierre seat, is being opposed by certain members. Warner, who is due to return from Korea on Wednesday, could not be reached yesterday for comment.

Meanwhile, Persad-Bissessar has given instructions to get the party machinery primed and ready for the election. She has instructed General Secretary, Dr Glen Ramadharsingh, to invite all Constituency Executives to nominate candidates for the expected general elections. April 12 is the deadline for nominations to be completed, while screening starts on April 13. “It is expected that such nominations will in no way compromise the ongoing unity talks between opposition parties,” it added. Persad-Bissessar has asked the chairman to activate the UNC National Campaign Team and present a report within 72 hours for the consideration of the National Executive. When she returns tomorrow, she will be stepping up talks with all other political parties to ensure there are no three way fights against the PNM.
I know for ah FACT that this fella is ah stinkin RACIST PIG!!  and if ah lying then ah lying after meh breddren who was in the NAR, who alleged that suruj tried to fack him up and called him ah nigger under no kinda provocation, and to add insult, lied to the minister when confronted with the allegations.

is these ppl allyuh want @ the helm? allyuh mad yes! give me ah egosit over ah racist any day. truth be told, i would like the UNC tuh win and run the place, but not under these conditions. they need more diversity in their party, and the leaders must not have racist hangups!!

i truly think the PNM leadership is out for lunch and clearly not the right party to take the country forward, but these indian racist politicians want power for all the wrong reasons! it's like bragging rights, and not for the love of country. we need ah party of the ppl, and not no damn racist indain party, no fackin way!!!!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 11:25:09 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #110 on: April 04, 2010, 11:36:13 PM »

Shaliza Hassanali
Shaliza Hassanali

I know for ah FACT that this fella is ah stinkin RACIST PIG!!  and if ah lying then ah lying after meh breddren who was in the NAR, who alleged that suruj tried to fack him up and called him ah nigger under no kinda provocation, and to add insult, lied to the minister when confronted with the allegations.

is these ppl allyuh want @ the helm? allyuh mad yes! give me ah egosit over ah racist any day. truth be told, i would like the UNC tuh win and run the place, but not under these conditions. they need more diversity in their party, and the leaders must not have racist hangups!!

i truly think the PNM leadership is out for lunch and clearly not the right party to take the country forward, but these indian racist politicians want power for all the wrong reasons! it's like bragging rights, and not for the love of country. we need ah party of the ppl, and not no damn racist indain party, no fackin way!!!!

breddah we dont want any racist party period and that includes pnm and cop. racism on the whole is a thing of the past when you look at it from a financial perspective.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 05, 2010, 03:44:33 AM »

Shaliza Hassanali
Shaliza Hassanali

breddah we dont want any racist party period and that includes pnm and cop. racism on the whole is a thing of the past when you look at it from a financial perspective.
Whether yuh believe it or not, the PNM is not ah black ppl party, but rather a ppl's party. PNM always had diversity and still do! PNM represents the ppl of TNT better than any other political party to date.

i will admit that NJAC on the other hand is a african oriented party, though less racist than the UNC, but still black oriented, and the ppl of TNT never voted them in, and rightfully so! so why do we vote in ah bunch of indians ? who mind you have no respect for the ppl of trinidad and tobago by picking ah mostly indian cabinet.

that is ah big slap in the face to the ppl of a country with so much diversity! i say fack the UNC, let them run for elections in guyana or bombay!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 05, 2010, 12:40:23 PM »
I think he's bluffing with this election business.

COSIGNNN a red herring
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

truetrini

Re: Jack Warner speaks..Newsflash
« Reply #113 on: April 06, 2010, 03:13:47 PM »
NEWS ANNOUNCEMENT

Immediate Release

THE UNC AGENDA IS A BIG TENT THAT WILL DELIVER A GOVERNMENT TRULY REPRESENTATIVE OF AND WORKING FOR THE BENEFIT OF ALL OF THE PEOPLE OF OUR PLURAL SOCIETY

April 6, 2010: Though our discredited Prime Minister manifestly lacks the ethical and moral fibre to resign the high office he has dishonoured, his decision to call a General Election before the midway mark in a five-year term can only be seen as his recognition of his loss of the moral authority expected of the nation’s highest elected official.

The country now expects the United National Congress, to replace the divisive governance of our outgoing Prime Minister with a government that is truly representative of and working for the benefit of all of the people of our plural society.

Under the leadership of the Hon. Kamla Persad-Bissessar, the mission of the UNC is to constitute a government that, in contrast to the Manning regime, will be the servants of the people and not their masters.

The thousands of persons who have applied for membership in the UNC over the last couple of months, and the hundreds of professionals resident here and abroad, who have volunteered their services to the Party strengthen our resolve to unify our nation and improve the lives of all in our Republic.

The UNC embraces our brothers and sisters in the Congress of the People and shares the COP’s commitment to a new quality of governance and to new levels of citizen participation that will forever banish the imperialistic tendencies and contempt for the people of future ‘Patrick Mannings’, ‘Marlene Mc Donalds’, Karen Nunez-Tesheiras and ‘Colm Imberts’.

The UNC today is a Big Tent that welcomes all groups and individuals who are committed to nation building and pledges to restore dignity and primacy to sons and daughters of our soil who operate in the public service; in the health sector; in the arts; in the construction sector and in agriculture.

It will only be matter of weeks now, before the people of Trinidad and Tobago take back their country.

Jack Warner

Chairman

United National Congress

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 06, 2010, 03:15:49 PM »
Truetrini, how you get this release so fast??   Yuh want to take Airman wuk??  :devil:  ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 06, 2010, 03:17:52 PM »
Truetrini, how you get this release so fast??   Yuh want to take Airman wuk??  :devil:  ;D

he is jack warner, what wrong with u lol  :D
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

truetrini

« Reply #116 on: April 06, 2010, 03:22:00 PM »
Jack Warner is de absolute best Parliamentarian T&T ever had!

'Airman is a biased poster.  He myopic and does only post anti-government posts, furthering his agenda, and de ting is he cyar vote!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 03:25:20 PM by Trinity Cross »

truetrini

« Reply #117 on: April 06, 2010, 03:25:38 PM »
Tuesday, April 6, 2010
There will be unity between COP and UNC: Rambachan

Acting leader of the United National Congress (UNC), Dr Suruj Rambachan, reiterated on morning television in Trinidad Tuesday that the the leaders of his party and the Congress of the People (COP) remain committed to unity.

He said there is no turning back from that because both leaders understand that the common political enemy is the People's National Movement (PNM).

"I want to assure the population on behalf of the party and the political leader that there is going to be unity. There is going to be a one to one fight," Rambachan said.

He said the UNC is prepared and ready for an election adding that "We are going to speed up things even more, as the bell is rung."

The 15-minutes interview on TV6's Morning Edition was conducted by journalist Andy Johnson. Jyoti has obtained a transcript of the interview. An edited version is published below:

ANDY: So this question about being caught with your pants down, that is not the case?

SURUJ: That is not the case. The population is seeing a party in action and since Mrs. Persad-Bissessar became the Leader of the party, in fact she has energised the party, and she has energised the population in the sense that there is a lot of goodwill towards Mrs. Persad-Bissessar and a lot of goodwill towards the UNC and towards Opposition parties in general given the state of the country and the manner of governance by the PNM at this point in time.

It is perhaps the first time in the history of politics in the country that you are seeing such negative emotions being directed at a sitting Prime Minister even as he goes into some of his traditional areas.

I myself was surprised to see people bringing bobolees into Port-of-Spain last Thursday and beating up those bobolees and so on.

I do not think they meant any disrespect to the Office of the Prime Minister as much as they are dissatisfied with how the country is being governed and the fact that a cash rich country has not been able to solve some of the problems that would have been some of the citizens happier...They are unhappy to the point that they are becoming very angry and that is a disturbing sign.

ANDY: What are people angry about?

SURUJ: Andy, when you go to the hospitals and you still cannot get a bed, when you go to the tap and you cannot get water, when you have to drive over pothole roads, when you have a Government that spends so much money on a Summit, a billion dollars there, a $300 million there, when you have the state of affairs as you have at UDeCOTT and when people do not see that that kind of money is filtering down to them.

When you have children who still have to go to school in dilapidated schools, when schools should be re-built and children have to hold placards and to stand up and protest....that cannot be a happy society.

The recent MORI poll that came out last week showed that over 72 per cent of the people are dissatisfied with the quality of governance in the country and with the Prime Minister.

ANDY: Can you extend that 72 per cent to include supporters of the ruling party?

SURUJ: It has to include supporters of the ruling party and I think you are seeing a situation here, because Mrs. Kamla Persad-Bissessar is a leader who works along the lines of consensus and who is humble and who is a listener, you will find that she has been able to, in a very short time, get rid of the traditional divides that have kept people apart in the politics.

So you are not finding for example, that class and status, and race and religion and so on are playing a part in people's political decision making as they normally would play.

And I think Kamla Persad-Bissessar is one of the very first leaders who has done that in a very successful fashion. This is why you find where ever she goes, people gravitate towards her.

She has brought hope a sense of hope to people and a lot of people have said that she has given them a chance to start things afresh and to put things right in the country... The Government's interests and priorities are at variance with the people's priorities. The people's priorities are the simple things that will affect how they live, not just the quality of life, but how they live on a daily basis.

Andy, what do you say of a society that spends $300 billion but the UNDP says that 14 per cent of your population - about 250,000 people - are living on less that $12.50 a day in a country like Trinidad and Tobago?

ANDY: Is that calling the election now it would be better for the Opposition forces because the other view is that the UNC needed some more time to consolidate under this new leader and to work out the kinks that still remain following the internals elections and to work for unity with the COP?

SURUJ: Well the Political Leader of the United National Congress and the Political Leader of the COP, Mr. Winston Dookeran, they have advanced the process, in that they have agreed that there is going to be a one to one battle in each of the constituencies and they have committed to that.

ANDY: You mean for General Elections?

SURUJ: For General Elections and for Local Government Elections also. The Political Leader of the UNC is returning home tonight, and as soon as she returns, she intends to activate that further by having meetings and so on with the relevant political parties in order to bring about a sustainable unity.

You know we have learnt from the experiences of the past in terms of accommodations.

ANDY: How do you respond to comments made by the Acting Political Leader of the COP?

SURUJ: I think as the run-up to the elections come and the announcement by the Prime Minister, you are going to get that kind of anxiety. But I am not worried about that at all. I want to assure the population on behalf of the party and the political leader that there is going to be unity. There is going to be a one to one fight.

Andy: As we speak this morning, is there a platform that didn't appear to be the case from those comments?

SURUJ: Discussions started Andy, discussions started with Mrs. Persad-Bissessar and Mr. Dookeran, just before he went off to India and there were certainly agreements that both leaders arrived at.

If I may just quote it for you. Mr. Dookeran said, "We had very intense discussions with respect to the politics of our country and more particularly with respect to the common ground that must be forged to pick up the challenge ahead of us."

Mr. Dookeran said, "we have in principle agreed that we will work towards a sustainable unification not only between our two parties, but with other political groups in the society, so that we can offer the nation at the appropriate time, something that will be purposeful and will in fact have the competence to tackle the various problems we are facing in our society."

ANDY: So does that press conference not surprise you?

SURUJ: I think we must not be disrespectful to Mr. Dookeran, he should be kept as part of the equation in the discussion. He is in India and I am sure my Political Leader will also be contacting him as much as speaking to the people who are here now in charge of the COP.

But I am not unduly worried about that. I think the country wants unity, the country will get a sustainable unity and I think at the end of the day, the people will be very very happy with what is the outcome.

It will be a very transparent process, not like in the past where things were done in a back room and then you come and announce something to the public. The people will be involved, because if you have to sustain a unity after the election, it is the people who are going to help sustain it.

ANDY: So you will not advise anybody on your side taking what you heard at the COP's press conference yesterday as personally?

SURUJ: No, not at all. As I said, there are all reasons for all kinds of anxieties that arise closer to the election, because people want this unity. There is a passion for the unity, and sometimes in the passion and in the run-up to the unity, you get those strains and stresses and those are things that have to be understood in the process.

ANDY - How is the party going to do anything differently from what you are criticising...the state of affairs in the country...how are you all going to make a difference because people are asking?

SURUJ: Well Andy, one of the first things we have to come to terms with, is what are we going to inherit in terms of what is there now. Systems have brokened down.

The institutions that have guaranteed a democracy have also been put to test, so many important positions in the country have not been filled. It seems there is a variance between what the people want and what the Government is doing.

One of the first things we will have to do is to really ask the question, what is really right for the people of the country and to formulate our policies so that what is right for the people, will be how we focus.

And, what is right for the people are the basic things that people need, We have to re-focus the spending and the priorities of the Government. We must not just go ahead and say that we think this is right.

The society has changed. People want a greater level of say and participation in terms of the destiny they want for themselves and the destiny that they want to arrive in.

They do not want to arrive in a destiny which others are creating for them, they want to participate in forging that destiny and we must be cognisant of that and consult with the people.

Sometimes consultation takes a longer time, consensus building is always a process that takes longer at the front end.

But when you have consensus and you have agreement, the implementation is great and also the energy of the people in creating that which is new, and sustainable and acceptable to them is going to much better and much more stable.

AirMan

« Reply #118 on: April 06, 2010, 03:38:16 PM »
Jack Warner is de absolute best Parliamentarian T&T ever had!

'Airman is a biased poster.  He myopic and does only post anti-government posts, furthering his agenda, and de ting is he cyar vote!

LOL Come make a fool of yourself..Tell the congregation how I am biased and why you believe I cannot vote  :D

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 06, 2010, 03:55:12 PM »
hahahahaha
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

1]; } ?>