May 06, 2024, 04:05:43 AM

Author Topic: GENERAL ELECTIONS COMING SOON IN 2010 !  (Read 135828 times)

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
Re: GENERAL ELECTIONS COMING SOON IN 2010 !
« Reply #180 on: April 12, 2010, 06:26:13 PM »
Ahh shit man! I knew bout Assam, but didn't know bout Carlos John.
She might as well bring frigging Ish too  >:(

Look NJAC oui
Lemme go find meh alphagat and dashiki
Screw deodrant......

She hasn't publicly brought Carlos John into the fold in any substantive capacity like Mr. Assam.  Is just that when she had she meeting in Diego, bam the man come out of he zandolee hole and was front and centre in the meeting....then bam he was in a next meeting (in San Juan ah think) greeting she as she walk een the meeting.

Then ah hear he is the organiser for UNC elections along the East-West corridor.  Now to be honest, I did forget bout he.  I didn't even realise (forget rather) he was one ah dem before the courts.  So of course his reapperance just brought that back on the front burner....

Look Cana girl we sticking......tomorrow night you walk with the beers and I goh supply the popcorn and let we get the show really on road yes....

I with you. Tomorrow is Rowley night of untold stories.
I ai'nt go lie, is whole day I scooping out Rowley's FB page to see if go say anything or anybody......nothing..steupse!

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 12, 2010, 06:31:11 PM »
I sorry...buh anything associated with Devant Maharaj eh getting support from me. A pack of mamaguy...same ting i was saying with last elections. COP and UNC is de same ting. Look how easy dey leaving and falling back in. Same ting with Mervyn Assam....normal normal get senatorship...and was JUST a COP candidate.

I go hadda abstain oui....cuz....my conscience eh go allow me to vote for manning.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #182 on: April 12, 2010, 06:34:05 PM »
NJAC!!

As Bourbon said, my conscience will also bother me to vote back Manning.
UNC Kamla you almost get meh vote....ALMOST until ya pull back Assam
COP Dookeran climbing every exposed back he could find to have alliance with.
NAR.........steupse!

NJAC looking real good

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #183 on: April 12, 2010, 06:46:53 PM »
ay Browning you listening to PNM St Augustine LIVE on TV6?

Christine the other Mann uhmm....talking out she neck right now

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 12, 2010, 06:58:02 PM »
Apparently Ashworth Jack down in de UNC meeting. I also hear Fitzgerald Hinds was on a radio program lambasting manning.

On a side note:

I find de songs played for when a speaker come on should be contextual to the speaker. I hear Hazel come on to a chutney...a big chutney tune eh..buh yuh eh kno one word with wha dey saying.

Dey could have Ravi B song for Kamla.
My Money Ha ha for Jack
Yuh get de idea.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 07:03:20 PM by Bourbon »
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 12, 2010, 07:04:00 PM »
ay Browning you listening to PNM St Augustine LIVE on TV6?

Christine the other Mann uhmm....talking out she neck right now

No ah taking een Ashworth Jack on UNC platform.  Ah was curious to hear what he was going on that platform to say....in fact ah listening to them whole night, waiting to hear wha dey goh do different from PNM and is the same old blasted thing year in year out....

Ah goh switch when he done talk....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 12, 2010, 07:07:23 PM »
Ah switch over just in time to see Patos being introduced....Laurel Lezama introduce him.  So she get the nod for Arima??  It official??....

Ah know ah cyar listen to Patos for long so all yuh tell mih if he announce the date nah....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #187 on: April 12, 2010, 07:12:02 PM »
May 24th is dey day of dey red finger.

I listen to Hazel and Hazel wannabe Christine....pack ah shit..
I turn off as soon ah they say Patrr.....

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 12, 2010, 07:12:58 PM »
May 24th is dey day of dey red finger.

I listen to Hazel and Hazel wannabe Christine....pack ah shit..
I turn off as soon ah they say Patrr.....

Yuh serious??  Whey yuh get that??  They announced it??
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 12, 2010, 07:13:46 PM »
Penny and Patos bad book 4 yrs. All yuh good I watchin d A Team on CENTRIC at 10 it go b Law and Order u know how much ah miss cyah get accustom 2 this mon nite.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 12, 2010, 07:17:31 PM »
I seriously studying it:

Devanath Maharaj.......AND Jack Warner?

OR

MANNING?

Dahs my options?

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 12, 2010, 07:21:30 PM »
I seriously studying it:

OR

MANNING?

Dahs my options?

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Ah laughing eh Bourbon but if I don't I'll cry.   That's the state we reach.  I am sure the person or people who thought of Democracy never envisioned the sad state of affairs we have here in T&T.....*sigh*
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 12, 2010, 07:32:44 PM »
I seriously studying it:

OR

MANNING?

Dahs my options?

All ah we option. I hear I have 9 days 2 get register. I doin a reverse cartwheel for lack of excitement.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

AirMan

« Reply #193 on: April 12, 2010, 07:38:18 PM »
Huh!  Deviant Maharaj ?..Allyuh I miss that one ! :D...I didnt hear bout Kamla choosing him for any contituency or position ..what constituency is he challenging ?..

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 12, 2010, 07:43:42 PM »
Huh!  Deviant Maharaj ?..Allyuh I miss that one ! :D...I didnt hear bout Kamla choosing him for any contituency or position ..what constituency is he challenging ?..

He submitted his nomination for Couva South.  Lyndira Oudit also submitted an application for that seat so I'm sure she'll get it.  But oh gosh man, yuh was just in the COP, you Anand, Sat all ah dem.....and just so, just so....all zandolee crawl out they hole and crawl back to the UNC without batting an eyelid. 

Yeah we know the COP was formed primarily because of the Panday factor and it would be understandable if people go back to the UNC since the fox not there, but geez and ages the populace done finnicky about the opposition, dem had to make they move so??

Steups, I probably cyar understand these things because I'm not a politician and doh plan to ever be one.  After all, that has a morality of its own... ::)  ::)
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

AirMan

« Reply #195 on: April 12, 2010, 07:45:08 PM »
Source:http://ctntworld.com/LocalArticles.aspx?id=19852

Pennelope Beckles offered diplomatic post by PM
Monday 12th April, 2010

Deputy Speaker of the House Penelope Beckles has been offered a diplomatic posting by Prime Minister Patrick Manning.

The prime minister made the offer just three days after Ms Beckles was screened by the PNM for the Arima seat she now holds in parliament.

She's facing competition from government senator Laurel Lezama who now appears to be the likely candidate for the PNM in Arima.

C News has not yet been able to confirm that Ms Beckles has in fact accepted the Prime Minister's offer.

In a press release issued this afternoon, the PNM only stated that Ms Beckles and Mr Manning "held discussions with respect to her being posted as a diplomat representing Trinidad and Tobago."

A source told C News that a majority of the Arima constituency had thrown their support behind Mrs Lezama-Lee Sing as their candidate.

Contacted for comment this afternoon, Mrs Lezama Lee-Sing said she has not yet received any confirmation from the PNM regarding the Arima candidacy.

She also said in response to today's press release from the PNM that it was news to her.

Both Ms Beckles and Mrs Lezama Lee-Sing were screened by the PNM's screening committee at Balisier house on Friday.

The committee is chaired by the pnm's political leader, Prime Minister Patrick Manning.

The source said that Ms Beckles "screened very, very well" on Friday.

Read the rest http://ctntworld.com/LocalArticles.aspx?id=19852
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 07:46:54 PM by AirMan »

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 12, 2010, 07:55:31 PM »

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/nart?id=161627470

Wait and see.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #197 on: April 12, 2010, 08:26:01 PM »
Kamla v Hazel as Education Minister

Kamla v Ramesh as AG

Kamla v Manning for PM 2010

scores anyone ?

truetrini

« Reply #198 on: April 12, 2010, 08:37:23 PM »

Kamla v Ramesh as AG

scores anyone ?

Hazel 1  Kamla 0

Ramesh 1 Kamla 0

It may very well be Kamla   26 Manning?????

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #199 on: April 12, 2010, 09:58:22 PM »

Kamla v Ramesh as AG

scores anyone ?

Hazel 1  Kamla 0

Ramesh 1 Kamla 0

It may very well be Kamla   26 Manning?????
I agree with you on both. I would give Hazel 2 though, breakfasses and all. Kamla's major accomplishment as Minister of Education was that messy arrangement where they allowed essentially all common entrance students to enter secondary school. D cup overflow and not in a good way.

I rank Ramesh as a better AG as well. Granted he was there longer but the Panday Government had a much more aggressive legislative agenda under him. He also displayed the fortitude to oppose Panday openly on matters of corruption. Kamla always played it safe in this regard.

Some things in her favour though

Kamla is likable and Patos is not.
Kamla is untainted. Patos is tainted
Kamla is seen as inclusive. Patos is seen as selfish and manipulative.
Kamla is female and 'change' is kinda sexy these days.

Patos might be the better politician but has too much going against him.

The way I figure it though is like this . Do people support the opposition or are disenchanted with the government ? Are people satisfied that an alternative exists and that Kamla is the one to lead that alternative ?

Votes win elections not disenchantment. Its almost a truism to say this but the party that gets people to vote will win. The challenge for  both sides is to make their arrows longer.

I think the PNM has a couple of advantages in this regard. As the incumbent they have access to public funds to promote and advertise government programmes which will likely play a significant role in the campaign. The PNM election machinery is already in second gear and the opposition is just getting out of park. They also have the support from a significant section of the business elites.

The UNC also has advantages . It is inherently easier to convince unhappy people to change than it is to convince them to stay. The rag tag amalgamation of parties actually does provide options for voters in strategic constituencies to defect from the PNM whilst still not voting for a party with whom they are at the very least uncomfortable.They appear to have significant support from the media.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 11:35:17 PM by Jah Gol »

truetrini

« Reply #200 on: April 12, 2010, 10:42:10 PM »
The PNM machinery is well oiled and always ready to roll as they are very disciplined and well organized.

Manning is the Achilles heel.  He is so damn polarizing it eh funny.  I am waiting to hear what becomes of Keith Rowley's nomination.  If I were Patos I would hold private discussions with him and bring him back as a deputy political leader, but I doh see that happening, but den again I did not see Kamla beating Basdeo either...so!

PNM has never lost Rowley's seat I think, nor Manning's seat, so lets see if they can win it without Rowley.

When I hear die hard PNM people bemoaning Manning's leadership, the party is in real trouble is 1/10 of them decided to vote UNC

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #201 on: April 12, 2010, 11:23:33 PM »
http://rapidshare.com/files/375263477/table.xlsx.html
I do up a lil table here.

If the PNM vote remains the same(unlikely) and there is one opposition party. The PNM will lose 5 seats (Barataria/San Juan,Chaguanas East ,Point a Pierre, Pricess Town South/Tableland and  St. Joseph) .With 41 constituencies in all ,the PNM would retain 21 and still command a majority in parliament.

This table of course is based on the premise that the PNM vote isn't significantly changed.

Consider this though. The difference between the PNM and the total opposition vote in San Fernando West is 114 votes. If we presume that disenchantment among PNM supporters will cause either abstention or defection they will likely lose Sando West as well. Two other constituencies that could make the switch are Tobago East and Tunapuna which have differences of of 879 and 641 votes respectively.  It is entirely possible for the opposition to win 21 seats in the election and form the next government. Furthermore 23 is not unattainable.

The Tobago issue is one we need to watch closely. The major opposition party was the TUF/DAC arrangement. They favour even further internal self government for Tobago if not an outright secessionist agenda. If they win a seat it will add a new dimension to the politics. 

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 13, 2010, 12:51:01 AM »
NJAC!!

As Bourbon said, my conscience will also bother me to vote back Manning.
UNC Kamla you almost get meh vote....ALMOST until ya pull back Assam
COP Dookeran climbing every exposed back he could find to have alliance with.
NAR.........steupse!

NJAC looking real good

Something not computing here!!!!!  iz VOTE yuh say yuh know oman!! i didn't know TNT had absentee ballots now?? since when??
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

AirMan

« Reply #203 on: April 13, 2010, 12:58:03 AM »
UNC Tabaquite executive will not endorse Ramesh
Monday 12th April, 2010

The UNC Tabaquite executive says its allegiance lies with former University of the West Indies Guild President Ravi Ratiram.

At a meeting at his constituency office Sunday, Ramesh Lawrence Maharaj accused the defunct executive of being non-functional and a ghost gang that has only resurrected because of the upcoming general election.

Read More  http://ctntworld.com/LocalArticles.aspx?id=19848

Offline signal

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 13, 2010, 07:26:51 AM »
And allaying any fears that a UNC administration would dismantle existing social programmes created by the PNM, Persad-Bissessar assured that such initiatives aimed at providing employment will be kept.

“Read my lips there will be no removal of CEPEP, GATE or other social programmes.

:rotfl:
If...
chief justice ivor archie say so
ex-chief justice sharma say so
law assoc pres martin daly say so
transpareny institute say so
Ken Gordon say so
jones p say so....then is so!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 13, 2010, 07:32:51 AM »
And allaying any fears that a UNC administration would dismantle existing social programmes created by the PNM, Persad-Bissessar assured that such initiatives aimed at providing employment will be kept.

“Read my lips there will be no removal of CEPEP, GATE or other social programmes.

D same CEPEP Panday call Continuous Employment Paintin Evry Pebble. Yuh got 2  :rotfl: oui because yuh go b  >:( :(

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 13, 2010, 07:35:52 AM »
I thought UNC wanted to stop the whitewashing of stones and tree trunks?
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 13, 2010, 07:37:17 AM »
I thought UNC wanted to stop the whitewashing of stones and tree trunks?

U know what thought make a man do?

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 13, 2010, 07:40:22 AM »

Politics at its best.
Right now my 17 year old sister damn vex dat elections date might be before she reach 18 because she worried bout GATE. I eh go lie...i worried a bit....and to add to de conundrum de Jack factor.....and all dem other characters dat i doh trust period. However as i said.....i doh feel my conscience go let me vote for Manning.

And it have REL voters like me. When i voted PNM last time....was with the mantra...until better could be done....let the worst continue. Better just got worse....buh right now...i not sure which is THE WORST.

If however Manning step down.....(which very unlikely....) PNM by a landslide. I almost certain bout that.

Offline signal

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 13, 2010, 08:03:14 AM »

Politics at its best.
Right now my 17 year old sister damn vex dat elections date might be before she reach 18 because she worried bout GATE. I eh go lie...i worried a bit....and to add to de conundrum de Jack factor.....and all dem other characters dat i doh trust period. However as i said.....i doh feel my conscience go let me vote for Manning.

And it have REL voters like me. When i voted PNM last time....was with the mantra...until better could be done....let the worst continue. Better just got worse....buh right now...i not sure which is THE WORST.

If however Manning step down.....(which very unlikely....) PNM by a landslide. I almost certain bout that.

agreed
If...
chief justice ivor archie say so
ex-chief justice sharma say so
law assoc pres martin daly say so
transpareny institute say so
Ken Gordon say so
jones p say so....then is so!!!

1]; } ?>