May 04, 2024, 05:17:53 AM

Poll

What do you folks predict for Oliver Camps & his future as TTFF President?

He will raise 2014 WC funds & carry on in the job for life as TTFF President
He will be found innocent at end of FIFA’s Cash For Votes Bribery investigations
He would be found guilty at end of FIFA’s Cash For Votes Bribery investigations & get a life ban
He will eventually be forced to resign due to the players’ court case against the TTFF
Just like Oliver himself, you have no idea :-)

Author Topic: Oliver Camps Thread  (Read 124697 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Re: TTFF, Camps one-man company
« Reply #180 on: March 02, 2008, 04:41:21 PM »
I just found this from the Los Angeles Times Nov 18, 1989:

"That would be a staggering accomplishment considering that the TTFA almost ceased to exist earlier this decade. Between 1983 and '86, a rival group, the T&T Football Federation, attempted a hostile takeover of soccer on the islands. It had the support of the ruling party, the People's National Movement, but it was not sanctioned by the International Federation of Association Football (FIFA).

A British colony until 1962, T&T was still playing a style heavily influenced by Englishmen who coached on the islands years before. Their style featured long balls down the wings and crosses to target men. [Cummings] decided to stress individual one-on-one skills but with structure. He looked toward Brazil.

T&T was this close to qualifying for the World Cup finals once before, in 1973. But in a decisive game in Haiti, four T&T goals were called back in a 2-1 loss. Afterward, the referee and the linesman were banned for life by FIFA, but the result stood."

The rest of the story is only for pay users unfortunately, but at least it documents the dates 83-86.

Online Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 02, 2008, 05:25:18 PM »

"That would be a staggering accomplishment considering that the TTFA almost ceased to exist earlier this decade. Between 1983 and '86, a rival group, the T&T Football Federation, attempted a hostile takeover of soccer on the islands. It had the support of the ruling party, the People's National Movement, but it was not sanctioned by the International Federation of Association Football (FIFA).

who were those individuals and where are they(rival group) today?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 05:28:38 PM by Trini _2010 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 02, 2008, 06:05:16 PM »

Isn't that fairly obvious? The rival group must have been Warner, Camps etc. Be interesting to know when TTFF took over and was Warner involved in FIFA then? That way, he would have quashed any intervention by FIFA.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 02, 2008, 07:46:32 PM »
OK, I knew Warner was actually running things behind his puppet administration, but how the hell can the T&T govt, FIFA, CONCACAF, FPATT and FIFPro allow this to happen??
Kent, my 2 cents here
based solely on my impressions of the last XX years....dont want to give my age :rotfl: :rotfl:

Warner realised from VERY early that Football had MONEY....PLENTY Money to be made.
he aligned himself with Dr. Joao Havelange, who probably taught him many things. Check Jackula's monument to him in Trinidad here
as his influence in Concacaf grew , and his eventual election to President , he was able to influence the vote concerning the election of Blatter as head of FIFA. Therefore Jackula IS Blatter's DADDY. What Jackula wants Blatter GIVES.
He is also president of CFU and "Special Advisor" to the TTFF....make NO MISTAKE about it, Jackula IS THE TTFF...it is JUST a loop hole that he HAS TO have the label of "Special Advisor".
The people in the TTFF, I am lead to believe, can't even relieve themselves without Jackula's permission, his power over them is that strong.
please remember that this is solely my opinion based on events of the past. ;)

KSM, maybe you should slowly peruse this thread

Football is supposed to be run by the people, for the people. In other words, it has to be democratic.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:  NOT IN TNT my friend. Welcome to Warner's WORLD. ;)
very sorry but I just had to put this by itself

Isn't that fairly obvious? The rival group must have been Warner, Camps etc. Be interesting to know when TTFF took over and was Warner involved in FIFA then? That way, he would have quashed any intervention by FIFA.
I believe that the group, the TTFF, were VERY successful ;)
because that is what we have now.
maybe the reporter got it mixed up. ;) ;)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 08:07:26 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Online Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 02, 2008, 08:13:11 PM »

as his influence in Concacaf grew , and his eventual election to President , he was able to influence the vote concerning the election of Blatter as head of FIFA. Therefore Jackula IS Blatter's DADDY. What Jackula wants Blatter GIVES.

Jack need blatter to have his way  and blatter need Jack to stay in power . I wish they fall out one day
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Online Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 03, 2008, 03:41:23 AM »
OK, I knew Warner was actually running things behind his puppet administration, but how the hell can the T&T govt, FIFA, CONCACAF, FPATT and FIFPro allow this to happen??
Kent, my 2 cents here
based solely on my impressions of the last XX years....dont want to give my age :rotfl: :rotfl:

Warner realised from VERY early that Football had MONEY....PLENTY Money to be made.
he aligned himself with Dr. Joao Havelange, who probably taught him many things. Check Jackula's monument to him in Trinidad here
He is also president of CFU and "Special Advisor" to the TTFF....make NO MISTAKE about it, Jackula IS THE TTFF...it is JUST a loop hole that he HAS TO have the label of "Special Advisor".
The people in the TTFF, I am lead to believe, can't even relieve themselves without Jackula's permission, his power over them is that strong.
please remember that this is solely my opinion based on events of the past. ;)

KSM, maybe you should slowly peruse this thread

Football is supposed to be run by the people, for the people. In other words, it has to be democratic.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:  NOT IN TNT my friend. Welcome to Warner's WORLD. ;)
very sorry but I just had to put this by itself

I believe that the group, the TTFF, were VERY successful ;)
because that is what we have now.
maybe the reporter got it mixed up. ;) ;)

ok so the same can happen to camps i presume

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 03, 2008, 12:20:11 PM »
I would like everyone to know why i am so concerned about what's going on with our Football,Suriname at one time was a power house in the region,their big man at the time was Andre Campervene he was also in charge of the region,he came and died and that was the end of Suriname as a Football country,they never recovered.I just wanted to mention that. 

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #187 on: March 03, 2008, 12:23:24 PM »
I would like everyone to know why i am so concerned about what's going on with our Football,Suriname at one time was a power house in the region,their big man at the time was Andre Campervene he was also in charge of the region,he came and died and that was the end of Suriname as a Football country,they never recovered.I just wanted to mention that. 

"Andre Kamperveen was assassinated by political opponents in 1982 and was succeeded as CFU President by Jack Warner. Today, Kamperveen’s contribution to the country is memorialised in the national stadium, which bears his name."

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 03, 2008, 12:27:56 PM »
"Andre Kamperveen was assassinated ................in 1982 and was succeeded as CFU President by Jack Warner.
:thinking:
naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah........................
I would love to say it but I just cant bring myself to ;)

SERIOUSLY:
Coop's, suppose if something that bad was to happen with the TTFF and the next person to lead the TTFF was a civilised Human Being who treated people fairly....could that be a very possible scenario then ??
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 12:30:52 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 03, 2008, 01:05:59 PM »
"Andre Kamperveen was assassinated ................in 1982 and was succeeded as CFU President by Jack Warner.
:thinking:
naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah........................
I would love to say it but I just cant bring myself to ;)

SERIOUSLY:
Coop's, suppose if something that bad was to happen with the TTFF and the next person to lead the TTFF was a civilised Human Being who treated people fairly....could that be a very possible scenario then ??
         For sure that would be the ideal scenario,the thing is we have dug ourselves such a big hole i would not like to be in the shoes of who ever is going to take over from Jack and Camps.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 03, 2008, 01:07:12 PM »

"Andre Kamperveen was assassinated by political opponents in 1982 and was succeeded as CFU President by Jack Warner.

:o  :-X :-X
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #191 on: March 03, 2008, 01:44:56 PM »

"Andre Kamperveen was assassinated by political opponents in 1982 and was succeeded as CFU President by Jack Warner.

a chill went down my spine when i read that!!

i would like for Jack's removal from TnT football to coincide with his removal from FIFA, cause if he still in FIFA and we somehow manage to get rid of him...well as they say "hell hath no fury..."

With Jack gone from the TTFF and FIFA, we will be without the rich godfather to carry us, but i think its worth it in the long run.  We will be jus like all the other countries in CONCACAF with no Jack Warner and little money.
We go hadda make do, and play good football.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 03, 2008, 04:42:26 PM »

::) :thinking:

Nah!
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 03, 2008, 04:56:32 PM »
Coops

I understand yuh concerns but we eh Suriname. All d money peeps can make will not cause we 2 dead. Dis site alone go insure dat when JW gone we will continue and in face a far better position. Nobody eh go name any room after JW like he did with Andre Campervene
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 03, 2008, 04:58:49 PM »
With Jack gone from the TTFF and FIFA, we will be without the rich godfather to carry us, but i think its worth it in the long run.  We will be jus like all the other countries in CONCACAF with no Jack Warner and little money.
We go hadda make do, and play good football.
may I add that countries like Jamaica made it to the "Big Fete" way before we did and they NEVER had someone like Warner............CoIncidence.............. :thinking:............I leave that for you to decide... ;) ;)
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: March 03, 2008, 08:34:47 PM »
Good Guys,
               Coops your piece about Jack and Camps is true. If they gone we will not have money. That may be true, but I will take my chances. It can't get any worse. For the past30 yrs, our football is "plenty, plenty, plenty lows and 2 or 3 highs. There is no flooking consistency. Everytime we on a high, jack does burst the bubble. We have to start with somebody new. This is like the "Eric William syndrome" If the Doc dead who we go put. Well Eric gone, we have had 4 PMs since and we moving along. The ride rough and bumpy, but we will find a way to move to smooth waters. The same analogy applies to our football.

truetrini

« Reply #196 on: March 03, 2008, 09:42:14 PM »
Andre Kamperveen was killed, but really, it hard to make Jack complicit in dat!

De time den was real bad for Surinam, dem was Caribbean kings in ball, Kamperveen did start the CFU and ting, but dem did have military rule, demonstrations and ting and de man get killed by his opponents, he was very powerful in Suriname and had enemies.  Surinam was real ketching ass, if I am not mistaken I think little T&T did lend dem money and all.

Jack and Kamperveen was partners too, but jack's mentor as well as USA's chuck Blazer was Joao Havelange dat is de man who start de mafia ting and who coach jack warner and help him into power!

Havelange and Pele had big fights when Pele was minister of sports for Brazil and wanted to change de administration of football ibn Barazil.

havelange tell dem he go ban brazil form de world Cup and dem was defending champs  too, if Pele and dem didnt chill out.

By de way Kavelange was a brazilian

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Warner takes out frustration on Oliver Camps.
« Reply #197 on: March 29, 2008, 05:14:51 AM »
Take Wood

:whistling:  :whistling:

:whistling:  :whistling:
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 08:09:53 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
Re: Warner takes out frustration on Oliver Camps.
« Reply #198 on: March 29, 2008, 06:18:16 AM »
Lol...I see the title and I know it had to be shit but I wasn't expecting this
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 29, 2008, 06:42:44 AM »
Sam, yuh bring a smile to a somewhat dreary morning. I in the line for the so called fast ferry trying to head to Tobago. I had to deal with the port authority workers and the "nigg&s who I am surrounded by. This is the only thing that bring a smile to my face. Camps look like he well like the rabbit chook too eh!!!

Més que un club.

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 29, 2008, 06:44:31 AM »
 :o

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 29, 2008, 06:59:38 AM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: what ah way to start my day :beermug: :beermug:

Offline benedicts bwoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 29, 2008, 08:06:44 AM »
Yes boy SAM...............yuh good dred !!
Dat one is 'Post of de Century ' ;D ;D

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 29, 2008, 08:32:15 AM »
umm ...... oh

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 29, 2008, 12:30:15 PM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

nah man......dis forum have to be de bess in WORLD!!!!...

"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 29, 2008, 02:01:09 PM »
:rotfl: :rotfl: I made this website when i was a little boy. omg I didnt know it was still around lol  Sam it have a mention of you there too and flex

http://www.geocities.com/fireolivercamps/index.html

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 29, 2008, 02:52:40 PM »
ok then
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Online Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Satement from President of TTFF Oliver Camps.
« Reply #207 on: April 05, 2008, 06:00:18 PM »
Statment from president of TTFF Oliver Camps.
...in response to minister Gary Hunt.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

I had planned not to dignify the Minister of Sport and Youth Affairs’ attack on the Football Federation last Thursday with a response of any kind.  But since he chose to attack the T&TFF in the midst of our hosting the CONCACAF Futsal Qualifying Competition when we have hundreds of our football colleagues in our midst, I, in my capacity as President of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation, have chosen to respond to him so as to set the records straight, at least in the eyes of our international colleagues.

The Minister, after having our Press Officer, Shaun Fuentes ejected from the press conference, in sum, accused us of “lacking ambition” and of failing to submit a budget for our strategic plan for 2008 – 2014. I will therefore deal with these two maters, albeit somewhat briefly.

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation is 100 years old this year and is celebrating this centennial achievement with a series of activities, the launch of which took place at the home of His Excellency, Professor Dr. George Maxwell Richards a fortnight ago.  The Federation’s record over the last 100 years will be revealed during the series of activities throughout this year but, for the Minister Hunt’s sake, I will merely submit to him, a list of some of our achievements these past seven years, when he was nowhere around.

In 2001, we hosted the FIFA U17 World Championship which, on record, remains the most successful event ever hosted anywhere in the world for that age group. Between 2001 and the present time, hundreds of our footballers have been able to become professional players overseas and our officials have held the highest offices in FIFA, CONCACAF and CFU.

We are the only country in the Caribbean to have a full professional football league as well as a full semi-pro league – both of which have given employment to hundreds of footballers. In 2006 we reached our highest point when we qualified for the FIFA World Cup Finals in Germany – the smallest and youngest country to have ever done so to date!!!

We have successfully hosted several CONCACAF and CFU events during the intervening years and have equally participated in others which we have not hosted.  At this very moment, we have two National Women’s teams participating in events in Mexico and Costa Rica, while our men have recently successfully competed against El Salvador and Jamaica.

Our accounts are audited every year by KPMG and our membership benefits from our regular meetings at the Executive, General Council and Annual level.
The list can go on and on but I believe that I have said enough to debunk Minister Hunt’s assertion of the Federation being a body that lacks ambition.

And to think that all our achievements to date have been possible without one red cent of Government spending from this “Johnny come lately” Minister of Sport! A Minister who has refused to attend any function to which we have invited him – not even the hallowed halls of the President’s House was saved from this disgrace!!

We have applied to Government, through the Ministry of Sport, to host the FIFA U17 Women’s Championship and though the former Minister of Sports, Roger Boynes had agreed in principle, to date, the present Minister has refused to even acknowledge the Federation’s submission.   England is playing a friendly match against us on June 1 – the first time in the history of football in the Caribbean and this Minister of Sport will not even fix the playing pitch of the Hasely Crawford Stadium to facilitate the playing of this historic encounter.

We submitted, on the Minister’s request, a strategic plan for 2008 – 2014 and have not even had an acknowledgment of our submission.  But we are accused in his press conference of not submitting a budget – a budget for a document which we have never met to discuss and finalise nor even discuss over the phone!!

And then he ejects our Press Officer from his press conference! We in the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation are consoled by the fact that nothing lasts forever, not even the present Minister of Sport and Youth Affairs.

Sgd
Oliver Camps
Trinidad & Tobago Football Federation
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 08:02:00 PM by Flex »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Satement from President of TTFF Oliver Camps
« Reply #208 on: April 05, 2008, 06:19:02 PM »
We in the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation are consoled by the fact that nothing lasts forever, not even the present Minister of Sport and Youth Affairs.

But sadly for fans of football in Trinidad and Tobago we are stuck with you Mr. Camps...and your evil overlord, until the good Lord decides to punch both your tickets to the afterlife.  You regale us with a long-winded pack of ass, but yet no accounting for how the $100m TT in taxpayers money that was allotted to your organization since Germany was spent.

Keep trying to pull the wool over people's eyes with this talk of your "Press Officer" getting ejected...why you didn't go yuhself?  At least you're not making the pretense that Fuentes was some kind of journalist.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 09:09:47 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
Re: Satement from President of TTFF Oliver Camps
« Reply #209 on: April 05, 2008, 06:19:52 PM »
I smell a jack. Camps doh have that much personality...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

1]; } ?>