May 20, 2024, 05:49:30 PM

Author Topic: U20 World Cup: Gambia vs New Zealand  (Read 1631 times)

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
U20 World Cup: Gambia vs New Zealand
« on: July 05, 2007, 03:41:45 PM »
These African teams always exciting.
Gambia playing open attacking football. They giving the NZ keeper a real workout. Shots coming from anywhere. I see a bullet just now that come off the post. Wicked shot from 35-40 yds out.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline JayTheWrecker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: U20 World Cup: Gambia vs New Zealand
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 03:47:25 PM »
yeah i'm watching it, 1-0 to Gambia half time approaching

NZ look outclassed, and you're right about their goalkeeper. In fact i'd say the NZ goalie is the worse i've ever seen

second half i can see Gambia scoring at least 2 more goals
Son, there's only two things that matter in this life. Family and Football. Everything else is bullshit

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 03:55:08 PM »
Nah, I find the keeper doing good. This score coulda be plenty worse.

Of course, with only a 1-0 score, and Gambia failing to put the ball in the net. They could still lose this game. NZ has had a few attacks of their own.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 04:38:02 PM »
NZ look outclassed, and you're right about their goalkeeper. In fact i'd say the NZ goalie is the worse i've ever seen

Worse than jamrock own against IRan  :-[
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 04:53:43 PM »

Worse than jamrock own against IRan  :-[

we call the man a keeper, not a sieve.

Anyway, Game done 1-0 NZ come close a couple times. both sides made plenty chances, couldn't convert.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 09:10:09 PM »
One of the things that I have always liked about African teams in these youth tournaments is that they are ready, willing and quite able to shoot from anywhere in their opponents' defensive third of the field.  I hope Zambia wins their final group phase match. I missed Mexico Portugal.....what channel are these games beig broadcast on, please? (If they are at all)  I saw Galavision had the Mexico-Portugal game listed, but, in the past, I have been able to watch these youth tournaments (U-17 and U-20) at will on one Spanish channel or another.  Now that the games are being hosted in North america it's like I couldnt' PAY to get the games broadcast with some kind of frequency.   

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2007, 09:28:28 PM »
One of the things that I have always liked about African teams in these youth tournaments is that they are ready, willing and quite able to shoot from anywhere in their opponents' defensive third of the field.  I hope Zambia wins their final group phase match. I missed Mexico Portugal.....what channel are these games beig broadcast on, please? (If they are at all)  I saw Galavision had the Mexico-Portugal game listed, but, in the past, I have been able to watch these youth tournaments (U-17 and U-20) at will on one Spanish channel or another.  Now that the games are being hosted in North america it's like I couldnt' PAY to get the games broadcast with some kind of frequency.   

Mexico v POrtugal was on Galavision. Mexico won 2-1, but Portugal was probably the better team over 90 minutes in terms of possession and chances. Mexico's keeper did well on a few occasions. Mexico led the only stat tha matters. Good game. Mexico through to the quarters.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2007, 09:39:32 PM »

Mexico v POrtugal was on Galavision. Mexico won 2-1, but Portugal was probably the better team over 90 minutes in terms of possession and chances. Mexico's keeper did well on a few occasions. Mexico led the only stat tha matters. Good game. Mexico through to the quarters.

Thanx, Filho.  I also just checked and saw that the Brazil-usa game will be aired on the same channel tomorrow night.  Should make for a very interesting match. Brazil has to win and the usa looked (may I humbly admit) impressive against Poland.  Looks like I will have to pull out one of the old "Umbro" specials to wear tomorrow.......

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2007, 09:43:25 PM »

um there is no way u coudl be talkign bout the same game. mexico was de better team. they had jus as much chances as portugal and in they last third they passed better and were more decisive with  sharper passes and ball possesion. ah sure is liek yuh liek portugal.
i Honeslty lost respect for them in de first game when i reliased that thier under 20 diving just as much as thier natioanl team. Mexcio yougnster get ah yellow for diving also..althougyh it looked like thier was contact ond e replay. But he eh complainbout his yellow.

Any rate the better team won. When saw portugal first game i told jumbei that they eh making far cause thier defence not all dat. Cause gambia created soem clear cut chances. just didnt finish them. so said so done. any how..is your opnion but....steups eh shouldnt listen to what dem commentators saying.....eh...half dey time dey does tlka ah set a h drivel..even in italian
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 09:47:32 PM by l'houe Polie »
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
U20 World Cup: Gambia vs New Zealand and Mexico vs Portugal
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2007, 07:30:20 AM »

um there is no way u coudl be talkign bout the same game. mexico was de better team. they had jus as much chances as portugal and in they last third they passed better and were more decisive with  sharper passes and ball possesion. ah sure is liek yuh liek portugal.
i Honeslty lost respect for them in de first game when i reliased that thier under 20 diving just as much as thier natioanl team. Mexcio yougnster get ah yellow for diving also..althougyh it looked like thier was contact ond e replay. But he eh complainbout his yellow.

Any rate the better team won. When saw portugal first game i told jumbei that they eh making far cause thier defence not all dat. Cause gambia created soem clear cut chances. just didnt finish them. so said so done. any how..is your opnion but....steups eh shouldnt listen to what dem commentators saying.....eh...half dey time dey does tlka ah set a h drivel..even in italian

The excitement and energy in the atmosphere for the Mex/Por game was palpable.

For me, this was the best match of the tournament.  I missed the penalty shot by Mexico's  Dos Santos at the beginning of the 1st half because de line for the mens washroom was too long (too many men drinking too much beer). But from a few comments I overhead, the penalty call was questionable.  That goal changed the entire momentum of the game, which until then, was a even match between the teams.

Giovanni Dos Santos was the man of the match in my opinion (even though the keeper was called upon a couple of times)  18 years and he is under contract to Barcelona - watch for him in the years to come.

Mexico's second goal was a nice and Portugal free kick goal was a bullet to the middle right side fo the goal - De keeper did not have a chance.  He is the one that kept Mexico in the game with a couple of good saves.  Other that Mexico's second goal, Portugal's keeper was not challenged.

Nice game all around.   :applause: :applause: :applause:

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline jr sams

• Hero Warrior
  • Every time....all de time....true to form
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2007, 12:02:30 PM »

um there is no way u coudl be talkign bout the same game. mexico was de better team. they had jus as much chances as portugal and in they last third they passed better and were more decisive with  sharper passes and ball possesion. ah sure is liek yuh liek portugal.

I was thinking the same thing. I was at the game and let me tell you, Mexico were way more composed and creative in their attacks. Portugal had too many Ronaldo wannabees...and they just get bat left, right and centre. Pele, the #8 for Portugal who was impressive against NZ had a poor game. The Mexican second goal was nice finishing and they deserved the win.
well yes

1]; } ?>