May 17, 2024, 09:11:29 PM

Author Topic: Four Four two  (Read 2377 times)

Offline biga84

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Four Four two
« on: March 24, 2006, 09:01:09 PM »
Just a FYI...There is a three or four page conversation with Dwight in the new edition of four four two

Offline sin

• wordspinner
  • Sr. Warrior
  • red GIRL from sando, kairi
    • View Profile
Re: Four Four two
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2006, 09:50:04 PM »
Extract from online edition of Four Four Two (UK Edition)

DWIGHT YORKE - Why's he scared of Reliant Robins? What was the best thing about that Treble night in 1999? And behind the smile, is he a cynical money-maker?

Is it true that you used to be scared of three-wheel cars - what we know as Reliant Robins?
Brian Keen, via e-mail
[Laughs] Yes, that's true. When I came to England, I'd never seen anything like them before so when one of them came hurtling towards me with just three wheels, I thought there was a wheel missing and I ducked for cover. It was a yellow one just like Del Boy's, to make it worse. When I found out that it was meant to have three wheels I quite liked it, but at the time it was pretty scary.

How many times have you watched the 1999 Champions League Final since that night? And what's your greatest memory of that night?
Sam Church, via e-mail
I haven't watched it since& And what's my greatest memory of that night? You mean on the pitch, right? [grins] My greatest memory was the way we came back after being dead and buried. Having won the League and FA Cup, we were so confident going into the game, but we didn't play anything like we could, which was credit to Bayern. With two minutes left, I thought that was it, dream over. Then we scored twice in two minutes and it was all just amazing. I think we were dancing and singing for about an hour afterwards. I remember doing a little dance in front of the fans with the trophy [smiles even more broadly than normal].

Do you still get the child-like pleasure from football that your smile suggests or have you become more cynical and money-minded with age? Your exits from United, Blackburn and Birmingham suggest the latter&
Colin Richards, Bath

In some ways, yes, because now I see things differently. Football was my life when I was younger, but you get older and realise there's more to life. My sister passed away about two years ago and it woke me up. I've got a little boy now as well and it just makes you see things differently. The last two years before I left England was a very difficult period - I had issues that I'd never had before, what with having a kid and having problems with my ex. All of these things add up and they do take priority in your life sometimes. I don't think any footballer out there who has a family will say the game takes priority over their wife and kids. I think "cynical" is a bit harsh - I'd like to think I'm just more realistic.
-------

I will buy the magazine this weekend, will try and scan it and post it here.
-be the change you wish to see-

Online Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 10:00:03 PM »
There was a section on Zamora in the last one, with a small side-article about T&T.
He say, "I've been trying to get onto the T&T team for a while now."
Jackass.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2006, 10:01:21 PM »
Yeah this interview is a good read, went thru the magazine in the bookstore  :beermug: :beermug:

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline biga84

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2006, 05:11:39 AM »
Yeah this interview is a good read, went thru the magazine in the bookstore  :beermug: :beermug:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
me too padnah   $14.95 is steep for a magazine

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2006, 11:54:48 AM »
grande and big 84 put up 7 25 easch buy it an post it ond board nah!!!
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2006, 12:21:40 PM »
dwight also on the cover of 4-4-2 (australia version)
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2006, 01:34:41 PM »
Yeah this interview is a good read, went thru the magazine in the bookstore  :beermug: :beermug:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
me too padnah   $14.95 is steep for a magazine

I subscribe to the magazine. I will try to scan and post when it comes.

They have had several players with TnT links featured especially Shaka and Zamora.

The Dwight feature was probably the fans Q&A section at the front.

They also had a real funny picture of Tallest after Wrexham won a small trophy last year (I believe it was the LDV Vans trophy). I will look for it and try to post it.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
Yorke in four four two mag.
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2006, 11:48:55 AM »
Dam Yorke in four four two magazine this month as Trini lover boy. Talking about football and other things. Pick it up.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Yorke in four four two mag.
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2006, 11:54:19 AM »
thanks but dis geh post aredy hoss

1]; } ?>