May 14, 2024, 06:35:52 AM

Author Topic: Trinidad Newsday: Jack Warner on Russian visit with Putin  (Read 4643 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Trinidad Newsday: Jack Warner on Russian visit with Putin
« on: October 28, 2010, 10:19:56 AM »
Warner meets Putin in Moscow

Thursday, October 28 2010

FIFA vice-president Jack Warner met with Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin at the Presidential Office in the Kremlin, Moscow on Tuesday afternoon.

Warner was officially invited to Moscow by Putin since May, but the long-standing football administrator declined at the time due to the Trinidad and Tobago General Election campaign, and his subsequent initiation period as Minister of Works and Transport.

Putin congratulated Warner on his success as a Government Minister while the meeting featured discussions on a number of issues including the FIFA World Cup and the changing global political landscape.

During the 30-minute-long meeting, Warner and Putin discussed the importance of sporting programmes to a nation’s development. “The development of sporting programmes in a country is intricately linked to the development of any nation, governments must ensure that all avenues for youth development are fully explored,” Warner stated.

Warner also met with Russia’s Minister of Transport Igor Levin and Minister of Sport Vitaly Mutko.

Mutko, who is also a member of the FIFA Executive Committee, outlined Russia’s plans if granted the rights to host the 2018 World Cup.

“I am impressed by all I have seen from all bidding nations and I wish them all the best,” Warner noted. “Sport can only be used to encourage positive social transformation. The power of the beautiful game to unite the world is unrivalled and proven in all spheres.

http://www.newsday.co.tt/sport/0,129900.html

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Re: Trinidad Newsday: Jack Warner on Russian visit with Putin
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 10:28:15 AM »
It's amazing how these FIFA men could get world leaders to pander to them. Jack yuh REAL big !

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 10:30:01 AM »
It's amazing how these FIFA men could get world leaders to pander to them. Jack yuh REAL big !

powerful and influential, big is joke terms

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 10:32:28 AM »
Squeeze dem russian balls jack, tell dem we want a Russian football academy in Charlieville...

Squeeze it ah say!!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 10:35:41 AM »
Squeeze dem russian balls jack, tell dem we want a Russian football academy in Charlieville...

Squeeze it ah say!!

:rotfl:

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 10:40:05 AM »

:rotfl: :rotfl:
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

truetrini

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2010, 11:32:17 AM »
This is why Jack in Russia meeting Putin...who say roubles?

England & Russia embroiled in 2018 World Cup bid spat 

Russia and England are among the countries battling to host the 2018 World Cup
The war of words over the right to host the 2018 World Cup has intensified after a senior Russian official called England "absolutely primitive".

Viacheslav Koloskov, a former Fifa and Uefa executive committee member, made the comment after England complained that Russia broke bidding rules.

England's official complaint followed widely reported quotes from Russia's bid leader Alexey Sorokin about London.

Fifa's committee meets on Thursday to receive reports on the 2018 bids.

However, the spat between England and Russia is also likely to be on the agenda, along with the possibility of postponing the vote for the 2022 World Cup until after 2 December - when the 2018 winner is announced - after recent allegations of corruption.

The Fifa ethics panel is currently investigating two voters, four former executive members and two bidders for alleged corruption in the 2018 and 2022 contests.

There won't even be an investigation. The English are afraid of how badly their bid is going

Honorary Russian FA president Viacheslav Koloskov
The meeting in Zurich will last for two days, with Fifa set to hold a news conference on Friday at 1200 BST to announce the committee's decisions.

England and Russia are the two favourites to land the 2018 World Cup, but they have become embroiled in an unseemly row after Sorokin was quoted as criticising high crime rates and the drinking habits of young people in England's capital.

Fifa has strict rules prohibiting criticism of rival bids and Sorokin said he would apologise for any "misunderstanding", but not for comments he has claimed were misinterpreted.

England lodged a complaint with Fifa on Tuesday, but Koloskov, honorary president of the Russian Football Union but not an official member of their bid team, said it was a pointless gesture.

"There is no reason for Russia to fear sanctions," stated Koloskov. "There won't even be an investigation.

"It's a comical situation. The English are afraid of how badly their bid is going. Instead of talking about their own advantages and merits, they try to disorient their rivals."

BBC sports news correspondent James Pearce, in Zurich, added England's complaint had not gone down well with world football's governing body.

JAMES PEARCE'S BLOG
This is going to be one of the most important meetings in Fifa's recent history. It must bring transparency to the election

"It is damaging, this war of words," said Pearce. "Until a couple of days ago England were keeping a dignified silence, but now they have been dragged into it as well.

"I think there are some people at Fifa who aren't very impressed with what England have done, whereas before they were when England were keeping quiet.

"I don't think there's much to gain from what's happened with this row with Russia and who said what. It's tittle-tattle when you compare it to the [vote-selling] allegations that have been made elsewhere lately."

Fifa's committee will be missing two of its 24 members in Zurich, with Nigerian Amos Adamu and Tahiti's Reynald Temarii both under investigation for allegedly offering to sell their votes.

Russia, England and joint bids from Belgium/Holland and Spain/Portugal are in the running to host the 2018 World Cup.

Qatar, Australia, the United States, Japan and South Korea are contesting the 2022 vote.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2010, 11:35:13 AM »
jack tell putin he figure,putin contemplatin,putin will agree,jack deposit in an off-shore acc.,russia get WC.....start drinkin vodka people we goin russia.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2010, 11:41:30 AM »

Squeeze it ah say!!

:rotfl: :rotfl:
Ah now going to post "cue Dinho".....ya beat to it.... ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2010, 05:33:48 AM »
RUSSIAN SPORTS MINISTER PROMISES SUPPORT FOR T&T FOLLOWING MEETING WITH WARNER.
By: (H.Ramkisson) - TTFF MEDIA.

Sport is considered to be a vehicle for social transformation, and this country’s sporting programmes may be receiving an unexpected boost following a pledge from one of the World’s leading nations in sport, Russia.

The Russian Minister of Sport Vitaly Mutko has pledged to assist Trinidad and Tobago and the wider Caribbean with development programmes in sport. 
Minister Mutko made pledge to this country following an informal meeting with FIFA Vice President Jack Warner in Johannesbug , South Africa last night.

Russia is considered a Leader in the World of Sport and while discussions are at an early stage, Mutko says he is eager to work with this country in any way possible.

Warner, who is the most senior Vice President of the FIFA, described the meeting as a positive step

“ I am in South Africa for only a short time , this pledge is entirely unexpected and I look forward to seeing how this development materializes . I am only an unexpected facilitator in this process; I will pass the mantle on to our capable Minister of Sports Anil Roberts to continue discussions with his Russian counterpart on this matter. At this time, I am listening to all that is being said about my international affiliations and I welcome all to critically examine my life. I have said it on numerous occasions I have no secrets. At this time if my international office can be used to benefit Trinidad & Tobago and the citizens of this nation then so be it. I have dedicated my life to serving the people of my great land and I will continue to do that no matter what office I hold.”

The International Figure in football, who is also a Government Minister in Trinidad and Tobago, went on to add,

“On May 24th social change commenced in Trinidad & Tobago, it cannot be reversed. You cannot uneducate the person who has learned to read. You cannot humiliate the person who feels pride. You cannot oppress the people who are not afraid anymore. We have promised the people of this nation a brighter future, we pledge partnership amongst our people, we must now pledge partnerships with the nations of this world if we have to succeed and advance.”.

The Russian Minster of Sport who like Warner, is also an Executive Member of the FIFA extended another invitation to the CONCACAF President to visit Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin.

In April of this year, Warner declined an invitation from Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin to attend a special reception in Warner’s honour.

The FIFA Vice President explained to the Russian Leader then that he had a duty to the people of his nation during the election campaign of 2010 and hoped to secure a better future for his fellow countrymen.

Warner has cut short his trip to Africa and will return to Trinidad early next week to attend the opening of Parliament and to fulfill his Ministerial duties.

The Works and Transport Minister has already implemented a number of projects in his Ministry aimed at alleviating flooding, traffic congestion and others matters under his portfolio.

June 7,2010

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2010, 06:09:38 AM »
stueps
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2010, 07:30:10 AM »
Disgusting.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2010, 07:41:58 AM »
russia so riddled wit corruption eh...and buildin so much airports n stadia yuh hadda ask yuhself if any agreement was struck wit warner n company...like dumb meetin dumber..a perfect match for their escapades....i hope warner pay mih (real and only) soca warriors dey rubles

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2010, 07:52:21 AM »
So is this on FIFA business or T&T Government business....or both.

talk about conflict of interest.

truetrini

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2010, 07:57:37 AM »

It must remind you RF of the way the Jamaican Government panders to bandits in your fair land, no?

Anyway there is no honest reason that England should have been denied hosting the World Cup, NONE!

Offline Conquering Lion

• Tell me how can a man who doh know his roots form his own ideology?
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2010, 08:17:17 AM »
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/box-seats/2010/12/world_cup_bid_voting_patterns.html

Interesting article.....check the comments on the politics behind the scenes.

Ey Capo.....waz de lottery numbers for this weekend?  Ah see yuh bawl "we going Russia" since October 28th.
We fire de old set ah managers we had wukkin..and iz ah new group we went and we bring in. And if the goods we require de new managers not supplying, when election time come back round iz new ones we bringin. For iz one ting about my people I can guarantee..They will never ever vote party b4 country

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2010, 08:58:58 AM »

try telling that to MAFIFA

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2010, 10:50:12 AM »

Squeeze it ah say!!

:devil: now watch the players bonus rubles money jes magically appear out of thin air.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2010, 10:55:47 AM »
Jack iz..ruthless yes..but ah boss at it..better yet...never hear him use religion in what he wants.... :bringiton:
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2010, 11:08:36 AM »
Jack iz..ruthless yes..but ah boss at it..better yet...never hear him use religion in what he wants.... :bringiton:
daiz some kind of justification for his actions?

Jack Warner is a VERY capable individual. If he would have put his natural abilities to a more constructive use the game and the country would probably be a lot further along.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2010, 12:06:22 PM »

i don't think you understand the sheer power of the man they call jack austin warner, he put yuh boy burrell where he is now

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2010, 02:14:58 PM »

i don't think you understand the sheer power of the man they call jack austin warner, he put yuh boy burrell where he is now

I'd love to see him get Burrell higher up into the FIFA hierachy.

1]; } ?>