May 11, 2024, 03:39:12 PM

Author Topic: After Bobby Sookram.  (Read 30621 times)

Offline andromode

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: After Bobby Sookram.
« Reply #120 on: September 15, 2008, 08:41:27 AM »
since allyuh on the topic of "indian" ballers, what about the roma/gypsies of europe, argentina and brazil?lLinguistic and genetic evidence indicates the Roma originated from the Indian subcontinent. so...look a list of big time grapevine indian ballers according to wikipedia. ah know pirlo, Nicolita, and reyes is gypsy 4 sure.

Andrea Pirlo - Italian (AC Milan)
Gheorghe Hagi - Romania
Eric Cantona - Frech (Manchester United)
Jacques Abardonado - French (1. FC Nuremberg)
Freddy Eastwood - Welsh (Southend United)
Rafael van der Vaart - Dutch (Hamburger SV)
Raby Howell - British (Liverpool, Sheffield United and Preston North End)
Telmo Zarraonaindia - Spanish (Athletic Club)
Banel Nicolita - Romanian (Steaua)
Christos Patsatzoglou - Greek (Olympiakos)
José Antonio Reyes - Spanish (Atletico de Madrid)
Arturo Garcia, Arzu - Spanish (Real Betis)
Jesús Navas - Spanish (Sevilla Fc)
José Mari - Spanish (Real Betis)
Carlos Antonio Muñoz Cobo - Spanish (Real Oviedo)
Milan Baroš - Czech (Olmpique Lyonnais)
Siniša Mihajlović - Serbian (Internaziole Milan)
Zlatan Ibrahimović- Swedish (Internaziole Milan)

ah remember Patsatzoglou & Nicolita from Euro 2008. i was wondering how they was so black compared to the ther greeks and romanian players.

a gypsy chick for allyuh viewing pleasure. look like she could be a trini.

Gheorghe Hagi is also gypsy?

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 15, 2008, 09:07:36 AM »
andro,

supposedly hagi was. some romanian i know tell me he is.

funny this thread come up again coz indian football in the news today since they make the asian cup for the first time for upteen yrs.

India celebrates after winning against Tajikistan 4-1 in the final of the AFC Challenge Cup. The Asian Football Confederation on Monday amended the qualifying draw for the 2011 Asian Cup after India booked their place at the tournament by winning the Challenge Cup.

Offline andromode

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 15, 2008, 01:23:51 PM »
andro,

supposedly hagi was. some romanian i know tell me he is.

funny this thread come up again coz indian football in the news today since they make the asian cup for the first time for upteen yrs.

India celebrates after winning against Tajikistan 4-1 in the final of the AFC Challenge Cup. The Asian Football Confederation on Monday amended the qualifying draw for the 2011 Asian Cup after India booked their place at the tournament by winning the Challenge Cup.

Hagi did not know. I have heard that Adrian Ilie and Viktor piturka are gypsies.

Soccer players

Andrea Pirlo - Italian (AC Milan)
Eric Cantona - French (Manchester United)
Jacques Abardonado - French (1. FC Nuremberg)
Tommaso Vailatti - Italian (Torino)
Drei Gapanenko, Romanian North York Astros
Richard Carpenter (footballer)
Marcos Navas Gonzalez Spanish
Ilie Dumitrescu, Romanian Steaua Bucarest
Freddy Eastwood - Welsh (Southend United)
Raby Howell - British (Liverpool, Sheffield United and Preston North End)
Telmo Zarraonaindia - Spanish (Athletic Club)
Banel Nicolita - Romanian (Steaua)
Marius Lăcătuş - Romanian (Steaua)
Christos Patsatzoglou - Greek (Olympiakos)
José Antonio Reyes - Spanish (Atletico de Madrid)
Arturo Garcia, Arzu - Spanish (Real Betis)
Jesús Navas - Spanish (Sevilla Fc)
José Mari - Spanish (Real Betis)
Dani Güiza - Spanish (Fenerbahce)
Carlos Antonio Muñoz Cobo - Spanish (Real Oviedo)
Milan Baroš - Czech (Olmpique Lyonnais)
Aljoša Asanović- Croatian (Derby County F.C.)
Zlatan Ibrahimović - Swedish (Internazionale Milan)
Siniša Mihajlović - Serbian (Internazionale Milan)
Ricardo Quaresma - Portuguese (Internazionale Milan)
Dragoslav Šekularac- Serbian coach

« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 01:47:21 PM by andromode »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 15, 2008, 03:43:06 PM »
JAI HIND!!!!!!!!!!

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #124 on: September 16, 2008, 06:16:38 PM »
It had a team name BENEFICA all indian guys , their team colors was red i believe they was from plasiance park ,they would come to COUVA rec ground and run rings around the best teams ,these guys was way ahead of they time . 
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 16, 2008, 06:30:28 PM »
It had a team name BENEFICA all indian guys , their team colors was red i believe they was from plasiance park ,they would come to COUVA rec ground and run rings around the best teams ,these guys was way ahead of they time . 

They were from Marabella and made up of the Bodoo Brothers and family. Nice ballers, a few went on and played with Texaco.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #126 on: September 16, 2008, 06:46:04 PM »
Eh when them guys come to COUVA to play ball iz the crowd that would come out and support them .

Thanks observer for the correction and  good to know that you know wah ah talkin bout .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 01, 2008, 06:38:05 AM »
if my memory serves me correctly, from south come up there are many indian footballers who play very well, its a matter of selection by coaches and dismissing the stereotypes associated with football and indo-trinis, in my opinion it should be selection by skill and merit not by race.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 01, 2008, 08:28:31 AM »
is not a race thing...is regional discrimination.

if u is a baller and u not from north, you have to be 20x as good or the feel u from the bush.

corneal and dem is the king of dat mentality. look at the national teams of recent time. most of the team always come from north with some token south and tobago man.

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 01, 2008, 08:47:32 AM »

if u is a baller and u not from north, you have to be 20x as good or the feel u from the bush.

corneal and dem is the king of dat mentality. look at the national teams of recent time. most of the team always come from north with some token south and tobago man.

some of the ballers i witnessed in south trinidad are 5x better than some of the ballers i see in the north, technique, fitness, mental awareness, but it runs deeper than that my brother, race and class is very much apart of selection, the school you attended and also your family.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 01, 2008, 09:26:40 AM »

some of the ballers i witnessed in south trinidad are 5x better than some of the ballers i see in the north, technique, fitness, mental awareness, but it runs deeper than that my brother, race and class is very much apart of selection, the school you attended and also your family.

i hope that statement makes sense to you. cause that could be said about any place on earth.

it have ah feller in bago who better than a feller in brazil.  get the point???

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 01, 2008, 10:02:39 AM »

i hope that statement makes sense to you. cause that could be said about any place on earth.

it have ah feller in bago who better than a feller in brazil.  get the point???

Im talking about players who play in the super league and the pro league, thats where im drawing my comparison from, players who are selected and come from the north of trinidad, I myself am a town man and see plenty of talented ballers go unnoticed in town also but their is an abundance of talent in the south and tobago that is untested and is not seen.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 01, 2008, 01:47:14 PM »
it they untested- they could never be better than ah man who is

if they not seen. what they playin golf?

what i'm saying is who really want to play, playing. thats what seperates the boys from the men

take me for example. i know i have the talent to make at least ah pro-league bench, but i dont have the commitment them fellers have. all the fellers i grew up with who went pro wasnt the best in my age group they were just more committed and had a drive that was unmatched to their peers. coaches see that and i know for a fact that trinidad had screening when they looking for players and they dont ask you what part of trini you from. i went one when i was younger.
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 01, 2008, 05:15:09 PM »

what i'm saying is who really want to play, playing. thats what seperates the boys from the men

take me for example. i know i have the talent to make at least ah pro-league bench, but i dont have the commitment them fellers have. all the fellers i grew up with who went pro wasnt the best in my age group they were just more committed and had a drive that was unmatched to their peers. coaches see that and i know for a fact that trinidad had screening when they looking for players and they dont ask you what part of trini you from. i went one when i was younger.

good point morvant. i know man from south who didn't go youth national training b/c of the long journey and the passage.

yuh know TTFF wasn't giving dem no accommodation or fare.

now with traffic how it is, if u eh living by d stadium u in trouble to reach.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 01, 2008, 05:56:20 PM »
Guys, All yuh real joking!!!. Dexter Francis, Brian Williams. All them men from Palo Seco/Point/Fyzabad. Buggy Haynes, Eddy Hart, Ken Hodge, Earl Carter, Clevy Caraccilo, Keith Eddy, Keith Acqui, Keith Lookloy, John Granville, Dwight Yorke, Telesford Daley, Kelvin Hutchinson, Wendell Moore. All them men from tong', right!!!

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: October 02, 2008, 02:02:47 AM »
Guys, All yuh real joking!!!. Dexter Francis, Brian Williams. All them men from Palo Seco/Point/Fyzabad. Buggy Haynes, Eddy Hart, Ken Hodge, Earl Carter, Clevy Caraccilo, Keith Eddy, Keith Acqui, Keith Lookloy, John Granville, Dwight Yorke, Telesford Daley, Kelvin Hutchinson, Wendell Moore. All them men from tong', right!!!
       Deeks don't worry about peeps talking about North men,they really joking because if you check most guys that play for T&T,Clubs/Schools in the North are not from North,as a matter of fact what areas are considered North?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 02, 2008, 06:12:23 AM »

good point morvant. i know man from south who didn't go youth national training b/c of the long journey and the passage.

yuh know TTFF wasn't giving dem no accommodation or fare.

now with traffic how it is, if u eh living by d stadium u in trouble to reach.

The funniest thing to me is man from South... well let's look at Trini society on the whole... we love to complain about distances in TnT..."that too far".  Not until I live here in the US that I realize what true distance is.  I went home two years ago and was like... "wait, San Fernando is ONLY 26 km???  Dat right dey".  Same reaction when I reach Maraval and realize dat Maracas is only some 15-20km or whatever it was.  Up until I leave TnT as ah youth dem places seemed far.

Dem distances is nutten.  When yuh traveling by bus or in somebody PH it might seem longer doh.

1]; } ?>