May 13, 2024, 09:35:51 PM

Author Topic: Dennis lawrence, asset or serious liability??!!  (Read 6606 times)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Dennis lawrence, asset or serious liability??!!
« on: June 17, 2009, 04:14:22 PM »
I've been poundering on the defence since we loss back tuh back, trying tuh make sense of it all, ah went back and watch some of the tapes on earlier games, and yuh know what i came up wid? dennis lawrence @ the mids of most the goals.

it seem's like him and ince have ah serious communication problem! the first evidence of this was the first bermuda game, the fella leave out kereem smith cross the ball in the middle lawrence with all his aerial advantage allow the ball tuh fall to the kicker and boom goal.

the el salvador game , the 1st goal, lawrence running back tuh cover the far post when the man already kicking the ball and score .

the nashville game lawrence stand up and watch donovan cross fall right tuh altidor who out runned aklie tuh put pass ince, no attempt tuh head the ball out, nothing.

the 2nd goal he rushed altidor like ah real rookie over committing and selling himself to ah simple small goal beat and boom goal again.

in the costa rica game we all know what he did on the 2nd goal, yes! he head the ball straight @ the scorer and rush him while over committing himself again , just like the altidor goal with the same reslts.

on the 3rd goal he went to defend the flanks, when the rican fake him with ah cross, lawrence jump, the man blow pass him and pass it off for a goal.

now i doh know bout allyuh , but i can't take no more of this incompetant defending! is this man an asset or ah liability.

remember crouch's goal, well lawrence was the one who switch off on crouch to mark someone else and left sancho wid 6-8 crouch. i doh know ,but is yrs now i watching him do all kinda c&nt and costing us all kinda grief.  JMO.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 06:57:48 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
Re: Dennis lawrence, asset or serious liability!
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 04:27:57 PM »
I've been poundering on the defence since we loss back tuh back, trying tuh make sense of it all, ah went back and watch some of the tapes on earlier games, and yuh what i came up wid? dennis lawrence @ the mids of most the goals.

it seem's like him and ince have ah serious communication problem! the first evidence of this was the first bermuda game, the fella leave out kereem smith cross the ball in the middle lawrence with all his aerial advantage allow the ball tuh fall to the kicker and boom goal.

the el salvador game , the 1st goal, lawrence running back tuh cover the far post when the man already kicking the ball and score .

the nashville game lawrence stand up and watch donovan cross fall right tuh altidor who out runned aklie tuh put pass ince, no attempt tuh head the ball out nothing.

the 2nd goal he rushed altidor like ah real rookie over committing and selling himself to ah simple small goal beat and boom goal again.

in the costa rica game we all know what he did on the 2nd goal, yes! he head the ball straight @ the scorer and rush him while over committing himself again , just like the altidor goal with the same reslts.

on the 3rd goal he went to defend the flanks, when the rican fake him with ah cross, lawrence jump, the man blow pass him and pass it off for a goal.

now i doh know bout allyuh , but i can't take no more of this incompetant defending! is this man an asset or ah liability.

remember crouch's goal, well lawrence was the one who switch off on crouch to mark someone else and left sancho wid 6-8 crouch. i doh know ,but is yrs now i watching him do all kinda c&nt and costing us all kinda grief.  JMO.

since yuh put it like that....

I'll just say laibility (not serious liability).

Lets face it. The entire defence suspect.
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 04:34:33 PM »
I eh do no analysis like you, but just keep in mind dat just because ah man is de last one who take de beat or do ah piece of foolishness, it doh mean dat he was de root cause. Also, because our defence doh operate as ah unit, yuh does see all kinda madness taking place. Men doh understand dey roles, bad positioning, ball watching, poor communication etc.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 05:44:50 PM »
Either way find me another asset so we go have curtain 1 or 2.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 05:58:49 PM »
I eh do no analysis like you, but just keep in mind dat just because ah man is de last one who take de beat or do ah piece of foolishness, it doh mean dat he was de root cause. Also, because our defence doh operate as ah unit, yuh does see all kinda madness taking place. Men doh understand dey roles, bad positioning, ball watching, poor communication etc.
I hear yuh tallman, ah know it's ah team effort, but somehow i believe an experienced defender like dennis who's been through the fire, should @ least know all the doooo's and don'ts of defending, like staying on yuh feet when defending ah head on mobile attacker.

but i get your drift. the midfield also bares some blame, like ah tired yorke who colided with avery for the 3rd goal and allowed the same fella who dummied lawrence tuh catch up with the play and run pass him to recieve the pass while yorke stood still. there's a lot of work to be done.                                 positive.

The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 06:38:01 PM »
as yuh say that..ah remember Corneal talking bout how was Tallest fault and he expected better from him when Altidore score he 3rd goal in Nashville..steups
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 06:47:10 PM »
they should have been bringing in some new blood much earlier int he qualifiers and friendlies
and to bring back Dog as well to play with Lawernce was the worse decision possible.
2 extremely slow men...one who eh play for TT in 3 yrs.

politricks playing a big part there...but so it goes.
players like Julius should have gotten a fair chance long time

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2009, 06:54:17 PM »
as yuh say that..ah remember Corneal talking bout how was Tallest fault and he expected better from him when Altidore score he 3rd goal in Nashville..steups
Breds, tell me if i'm wrong. do you see world class defenders selling them selves like that in serious group competitions?

man like rio ferdinand, lillian touram, canarvaro, john terry, abidal, emmerson, not even oneywo and boca neggra does sell they self like dat! @ this stage of his career that man should know better! that's real bad defending dread, no excuses.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2009, 07:11:11 PM »
Breds, tell me if i'm wrong. do you see world class defenders selling them selves like that in serious group competitions?

man like rio ferdinand, lillian touram, canarvaro, john terry, abidal, emmerson, not even oneywo and boca neggra does sell they self like dat! @ this stage of his career that man should know better! that's real bad defending dread, no excuses.
not really..but it does happen to the best of them
the way he fly out there made it look bad
but it was one ah dem 50-50 or hit and hope thing
what if the ball had bobbled a bit..then he woulda look like a world class defender who 'read' the play lol

anyway I hear he play shit in the last 2 games though  :-\
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2009, 07:22:33 PM »
they should have been bringing in some new blood much earlier int he qualifiers and friendlies
and to bring back Dog as well to play with Lawernce was the worse decision possible.
2 extremely slow men...one who eh play for TT in 3 yrs.

politricks playing a big part there...but so it goes.
players like Julius should have gotten a fair chance long time

So Ash wed last yr till d goat was fired what dem set ah players was what kind ah blood.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
Re: Dennis lawrence, asset or serious liability??!!
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2009, 09:08:35 AM »
I've been poundering on the defence since we loss back tuh back, trying tuh make sense of it all, ah went back and watch some of the tapes on earlier games, and yuh know what i came up wid? dennis lawrence @ the mids of most the goals.

the nashville game lawrence stand up and watch donovan cross fall right tuh altidor who out runned aklie tuh put pass ince, no attempt tuh head the ball out, nothing.

Yuh missed one.  It was Dennis who went to ground and didn't get ball when the US scored on us in the 2-1 win at HCS.  Spann was grossly out of position and chasing Altidore as he wromed into the box where he get surrounded by Yorke, Birchall, Hislop and Spann on he back.  He pass it out slightly above the 18 and here come tallest to rush the player who receive the ball, goes to ground and gets nada, ball end up in the box and passed accross the face of goal before being tappen in by Davis.  On many ocassions I find him to be a libility, but he has ample help as the defense is most times out of sorts with men out of position.  Fuh as much as I see people rag Aklie I think DL deserve it twice and three times as much since he is supposed to be a veteran central defender compared to a converted wing back like Edwards.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2009, 09:35:14 AM »
the man is the best option we have at the moment.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2009, 09:39:45 AM »

Nah FIFA change d rules it have some yute in d ISLE OF MANN wit a Trini connection ready and waitin for Latas call.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2009, 09:39:50 AM »

And that is what is truly sad.  I find it hard to accept that Hislop is so far behind considering how much playing time he got under Pacho.  Radanfah might be able to step up even sooner than expected and even before Hislop.  And I find we neglegting Telesford.  He wasn't great in that US game in Chicago but he has a lot of upside imo.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2009, 09:41:40 AM »

And that is what is truly sad.  I find it hard to accept that Hislop is so far behind considering how much playing time he got under Pacho.  Radanfah might be able to step up even sooner than expected and even before Hislop.  And I find we neglegting Telesford.  He wasn't great in that US game in Chicago but he has a lot of upside imo.

Brudder at his age Abu is as fast as Dog. Since 07 Touches pointed dat out.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2009, 10:12:18 AM »

Indeed but in Central defense technique and execution is key.  Radanfah, has the size and apart from the bad positioning on the first goal in Mexico he was very steady so I beginning to feel he should get a a consistent run so as to improve.  I certainly not interested in both Dog and Lawrence starting though, that is ah molasses convention that will expose us more often than help.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2009, 10:21:55 AM »

Indeed but in Central defense technique and execution is key.  Radanfah, has the size and apart from the bad positioning on the first goal in Mexico he was very steady so I beginning to feel he should get a a consistent run so as to improve.  I certainly not interested in both Dog and Lawrence starting though, that is ah molasses convention that will expose us more often than help.

Everybody poundin d defence but attack is d best form of defence so if d midfield do dey wuk and feed d forwards and if d forwards score dey chances d molasses defence will b d less of d focus

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2009, 10:25:20 AM »

I agree..altho I'd prefer Duff (Abu Bakr) as a defensive mid...I've always found the key for CB was not pace but positioning and reading of the game..he read the game better than Dog in the Azteca..altho he is dangerously slow..

Omar..i can't agree with you that he's our best option..I felt Keyeno Thomas has regularly performed better than Dennis and Dog was miles better than him against Costa Rica...

However it could well be through..we need to blood some youths tho..Telesford din do bad at CB in the Digi 07..

It might be wishful thinking to call for Sancho..but I've always been a Sancho fan..
James and Marshall must be around this team as well, possibly a couple of the U20 defenders as well..the word was our defense was the strongest part of that team...

Latas do yuh work....

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2009, 10:29:21 AM »

Everybody poundin d defence but attack is d best form of defence so if d midfield do dey wuk and feed d forwards and if d forwards score dey chances d molasses defence will b d less of d focus

but if the defense leaks goals..there is more pressure on the midfield and the attack...
defence starts the attack in most cases..if your defense iw eak...the midfield has to hold it up and thus lacks more penetration going forward...
and If we're behind...half chances become harder for the strikers to put away because there is more pressure..

scoring goals has not been our problem..we have not defended well...we gave up soft throughout the campaign that cost us crucial points...

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2009, 10:36:02 AM »
Pointless singeling out Lawrence. Currently, as a unit, our whole defense is ah liability.

Come to think of it, since the strike squad days when our defense was surprisingly sound, it generally has been prone to howlers in almost every game I've seen. Sometimes we does get away with it but most of the goals we does concede usually due to some schoolboy error at the back. And is not just Lawrence been doing that this campaign.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2009, 10:42:53 AM »
I agree..altho I'd prefer Duff (Abu Bakr) as a defensive mid...I've always found the key for CB was not pace but positioning and reading of the game..he read the game better than Dog in the Azteca..altho he is dangerously slow..

Omar..i can't agree with you that he's our best option..I felt Keyeno Thomas has regularly performed better than Dennis and Dog was miles better than him against Costa Rica...

However it could well be through..we need to blood some youths tho..Telesford din do bad at CB in the Digi 07..

It might be wishful thinking to call for Sancho..but I've always been a Sancho fan..
James and Marshall must be around this team as well, possibly a couple of the U20 defenders as well..the word was our defense was the strongest part of that team...

Latas do yuh work....

My only problem putting him at defensive mid would be at the expense of which midfielder.  Since Latas has taken over Noel has been ah beast so you can't bench him, and Birchall for Duff is out of the question.  Which leaves Yorke who is a vital cog in the offense and Tinto or Skilla (depending on the alignment).

Rodney some of the worst defensive errors are being made by Tallest.  He's the longest tenured defender on the team so it kinda hard to accept him consistently making all these errors.

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2009, 10:44:54 AM »
Pointless singeling out Lawrence. Currently, as a unit, our whole defense is ah liability.

Come to think of it, since the strike squad days when our defense was surprisingly sound, it generally has been prone to howlers in almost every game I've seen. Sometimes we does get away with it but most of the goals we does concede usually due to some schoolboy error at the back. And is not just Lawrence been doing that this campaign.

thing is as (until dog returned) the most experienced defender..he's been guilty of quit a few..if not more than the rest of the defence..inclusive of games where spann and akile played..
Killa pointed it out..Akile was crucified for his shortcomings..Dennis was not..

If your most experienced defender is lapsing...how do you expect the rest of the line to fare?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2009, 12:05:58 PM »

Exactly since Kaisoca soccer d defence as been worries

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2009, 12:13:26 PM »
Tallman is an asset

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2009, 12:28:13 PM »
What Lawrence do alyuh so boy? Me eh know big fan, but theman has come along well. Just the odder day the man ah hero, now he being cast aside. How Stern 69 goals holds more waters than a goal that took us to the promise land?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2009, 12:32:25 PM »
What Lawrence do alyuh so boy? Me eh know big fan, but theman has come along well. Just the odder day the man ah hero, now he being cast aside. How Stern 69 goals holds more waters than a goal that took us to the promise land?

Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant!"

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2009, 12:35:15 PM »
What the hell does that have to do with his selection to the squad today? Because he scored the all important goal four years ago..HE MUST START? no matter how many errors he's made?

That make sense?

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2009, 12:39:43 PM »
What the hell does that have to do with his selection to the squad today? Because he scored the all important goal four years ago..HE MUST START? no matter how many errors he's made?

That make sense?

How can a man move from being your best defender to being not worthy of selection in just the space of 2 games?

Class is permanent, form is temporary.

If the player is good, then he must be given the opportunityh to regain his fitness.

Ian Goodison is arguably Jamaica's best defender at intl level over the past decade, and still going strong at both club and international levels at age 35...

I remeber him slumping in form at one point, but the coaching staff gave him time to get it together...

if the man is your best defender, you have to give him a chnace to work himself back into form

Andrews to me is the one that looks out of place in the defence.

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2009, 12:43:09 PM »

That make sense?

How can a man move from being your best defender to being not worthy of selection in just the space of 2 games?

Class is permanent, form is temporary.

If the player is good, then he must be given the opportunityh to regain his fitness.

Ian Goodison is arguably Jamaica's best defender at intl level over the past decade, and still going strong at both club and international levels at age 35...

I remeber him slumping in form at one point, but the coaching staff gave him time to get it together...

if the man is your best defender, you have to give him a chnace to work himself back into form

Andrews to me is the one that looks out of place in the defence.

agreed reggae fan

but lawrence's errors has not been just for the last two games...
has he been going strong for his club as well? I don't he's been doing quite so well there either...
It is quite possible he may be over the hill..but some ppl remain sentimental..it's the same thing with yorke..yorke must play for us...even wen it costs us...
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 12:45:51 PM by Arazi »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2009, 01:20:06 PM »

That make sense?

Snared!  :devil:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

1]; } ?>