May 08, 2024, 04:00:50 AM

Author Topic: Elections Results thread  (Read 29931 times)

AirMan

Re: Elections Results thread
« Reply #240 on: May 26, 2010, 10:00:03 PM »
Poor Manning , i never see a man single handedly shit down he self so nah stueps. the man was the best thing to happen 2 years ago, Now he is the dog shit hmmm. Imagine PNM strong holds votes UNC, how d hell Arima and La Horquetta vote UNC totally blow me off my seat. I living in Arima all meh life, Voting anything other than PNM is blasphemy hmmm. Hard luck eh Manning ah rel sorry, but yuh look for that. Doh fork with Arima People again, they go out yuh lights.

De more i think bout it...the more i doubting he do that under he own volition.

Manning and Panday have a meeting at PM's residence..to talk bout "issues of national importance."
Immediately after...Panday calls UNC internal elections.
Panday loses.....Kamla takes over.
Immediately after this....Manning calls a general elections....for no clear reason yet. He coulda ride out the no confidence motion. Is 26 seats he had compared to 15. Meaning he had 11 seats as a buffer. Why pelt dat away?

It have more in de pestle dan de mortar.

:rotfl: like yuh forget Patos said HE HAD ELECTIONS DATE SINCE LAST YEAR OCTOBER....http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/nart?id=161655574... ;D

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 26, 2010, 10:11:45 PM »
:rotfl: like yuh forget Patos said HE HAD ELECTIONS DATE SINCE LAST YEAR OCTOBER....http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/nart?id=161655574... ;D
His REAL friends should get him the HELP he so desperately needs
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 26, 2010, 10:30:45 PM »
Poor Manning , i never see a man single handedly shit down he self so nah stueps. the man was the best thing to happen 2 years ago, Now he is the dog shit hmmm. Imagine PNM strong holds votes UNC, how d hell Arima and La Horquetta vote UNC totally blow me off my seat. I living in Arima all meh life, Voting anything other than PNM is blasphemy hmmm. Hard luck eh Manning ah rel sorry, but yuh look for that. Doh fork with Arima People again, they go out yuh lights.

Manning and Panday have a meeting at PM's residence..to talk bout "issues of national importance."
Immediately after this....Manning calls a general elections....for no clear reason yet. He coulda ride out the no confidence motion. Is 26 seats he had compared to 15. Meaning he had 11 seats as a buffer. Why pelt dat away?

Nice. Dat dovetails even more nicely...cuz....read dis:
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/nart?id=161552533&weba=NWSOpinion

And de media announce dat meeting as i recall about a week before it actually occurred.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 26, 2010, 11:22:59 PM »
He too bad mind. Why yuh feel he didnt want to put rowley as a candidate? If it did come to dis..who woulda lead?

Buh..i sitting back and watching someting unfold..and in de context of dat...it make sense. Allyuh watch and see.
De behind de scenes dealings is really wha does control what we see.

And like it had plenty in dis.

Tell we nah Bourbon. I ain't seeing anything

Well...since yuh ask nicely.....take a read bout dis.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 27, 2010, 05:18:00 AM »

panday was saying that manning called the elections probably because the country is in huge debt
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 27, 2010, 06:40:33 AM »
:rotfl: like yuh forget Patos said HE HAD ELECTIONS DATE SINCE LAST YEAR OCTOBER....

And a put together something (that we still eh too sure how it goh work) that was formed in 5 weeks still cut he tail...... ::) ::)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 27, 2010, 07:03:24 AM »
:rotfl: like yuh forget Patos said HE HAD ELECTIONS DATE SINCE LAST YEAR OCTOBER....

And a put together something (that we still eh too sure how it goh work) that was formed in 5 weeks still cut he tail...... ::) ::)

Apparently there was static in the telepathic transmission from the Rev to the Project Manager...

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 27, 2010, 07:17:26 AM »

I doh tink manning understood jus how much public sentiment was against him, some people said he was constantly being warned that he was HUGELY UNPOPULAR by some, but choose to listen to the ones riding he sack so..............

ah mean, a blind person could know when nobody like dem, cyar believe he couldn't see it, an' in d face of all dat, continually shittin on d wishes of u own constituencies. which made you even more unpopular.
he already an arrogant arse, an' the uppity holier than thou superiority complex dat SOME "Born Agains" does feel it necessary to exibit wasn't helpin he cause either
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 07:55:59 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 27, 2010, 07:36:41 AM »
It eh go make sense on de face of it. Doh bother trying to.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 27, 2010, 08:09:44 AM »
Let me ask something. I'm not a expert on the westminster system, my experience is from in the US.

There's a lot of talk about reform and then term limits as the main idea.

But I haven't seen any discussion on the selection of candidates. Why do the parties appoint them instead of having a primary election in the district. And what the hell are the residency requirements - you could just run in any district they put you ???
Not only that EMan but I have seen where a Party Leader has lost his seat in an election, then turns around and get an elected member to resign and then they have a by-election in that "SAFE" riding so that the party leader could get elected :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Who do that ???
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 27, 2010, 08:11:14 AM »

wait wait. I miss this. You have a link to a report or something?

edit: just read the NEwsday article. was out of the country then...quite interesting
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 08:15:57 AM by Midknight »
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 27, 2010, 12:58:24 PM »
Let me ask something. I'm not a expert on the westminster system, my experience is from in the US.

But I haven't seen any discussion on the selection of candidates. Why do the parties appoint them instead of having a primary election in the district. And what the hell are the residency requirements - you could just run in any district they put you ???
Not only that EMan but I have seen where a Party Leader has lost his seat in an election, then turns around and get an elected member to resign and then they have a by-election in that "SAFE" riding so that the party leader could get elected :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

WC, who was this ???

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 27, 2010, 05:11:37 PM »

WC, who was this ???
Ribbit, check it
"However, Bourassa lost his seat to the Parti Québécois candidate Jean-Guy Parent. In 1986, he was elected in a by-election in the Liberal stronghold of Saint-Laurent after the MNA, Germain Leduc, left his seat vacant."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Bourassa
I remember that like it was yesterday
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 28, 2010, 04:29:23 PM »

WC, who was this ???
Ribbit, check it
"However, Bourassa lost his seat to the Parti Québécois candidate Jean-Guy Parent. In 1986, he was elected in a by-election in the Liberal stronghold of Saint-Laurent after the MNA, Germain Leduc, left his seat vacant."

geez - that play out a bit like this sestak thing playing out now.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Patrick Adolf Manning reacts to election defeat
« Reply #254 on: June 28, 2010, 05:53:17 AM »
<a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/video/xdp0az" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/video/xdp0az</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: June 28, 2010, 08:27:21 AM »

WC, who was this ???
Ribbit, check it

geez - that play out a bit like this sestak thing playing out now.

If yuh remember same ting happen JUS las year in haliburton....john tory lorse he seat, tell de woman resign so he could run in she ridin...and get he ass wash ah second time
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

1]; } ?>