May 20, 2024, 05:40:42 PM

Author Topic: What is the Beef with British Born Players?  (Read 7376 times)

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
Re: What is the Beef with British Born Players?
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2006, 12:30:27 PM »
Futbol:

No one has an issue with British-born peeps.

BM's interview was just poking fun at Jamaica's use of British-born players to improve their team.....it's Caribbean picong and ole talk. It was clearly a joke and exaggerated to be funny....so everyone on this thread needs to relax and not give this issue more words than it deserves.

You havent been reading my posts have you? I understood the joke fully. I know its caribbean kicks etc etc.  Some people think im real dotish.  ::) ***Pours petrol over thread***

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2006, 12:33:02 PM »

I agree with you right there RF there. The canadian team that won the 4*100 in the 1996 olympics was a west indian born team two jamaican a hatian and trini.the were all born.  I think charmine hooper was born or is ofguyanaese parantage there , the deguzman brother mom is jamaican (i think jamaica ignored deguzman when he showed interest). So basically if a player request to play for trinidad or jamaica why  be angry and screw if he is think about his career the americans did not blast kerron clement and sanya richards for running for them plus both of them thought about rep thier birth countires but changed thier mind.

Her brother and she are Guyanese Born
« Last Edit: January 07, 2006, 01:16:50 PM by Futbol »

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2006, 01:14:48 PM »
 why thank you kicker...there we go
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2006, 01:30:31 PM »
Futbol:

No one has an issue with British-born peeps.

BM's interview was just poking fun at Jamaica's use of British-born players to improve their team.....it's Caribbean picong and ole talk. It was clearly a joke and exaggerated to be funny....so everyone on this thread needs to relax and not give this issue more words than it deserves.

You havent been reading my posts have you? I understood the joke fully. I know its caribbean kicks etc etc.  Some people think im real dotish.  ::) ***Pours petrol over thread***

I don't think you're dotish..........but if yuh "understood the joke fully", what the hell yuh askin about then ? steupssssssssssss.... I done wid this one. waaaaaaste o' time !!

later
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2006, 01:35:40 PM »
CHECK YUH BIZNESS FILHO.....SHAKA FATHER HAD A BIG DISPUTE WITH THE TTFF AT THE TIME.....THAT WAS A BIG PART OF SHAKA HOLDING OUT ON TNT....CHECK IT OUT....DONT FORGET SHAKA IS A TNT YOUTH PLAYER....HE FADDER WAS STUDING LAW IN ENGLAND.....SHAKA IS TNT...

I not disputing that Shaka is Trini. Just saying he turned us down in the past. pure and simple...you could legitimize it how you like...everybody  has an excuse and the one you give kinda jokey. everyman has a choice. i doh really care what the excuse is and to be honest..i don't care...always loved Shaka..even when I was at Fatima and he and his bredda used to salt us right through ;)

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2006, 01:41:53 PM »
I will tell yu since I do not see it like many other Trini's..Jamaicans a proud no matter what part of de world dey born to represent there country of Jamaica while Trinidadians a f**ked up seriously dem cya wait to change the citizenship when dem cum a fareign..Once dem cum a fareign dem forget all about TNT...Warmonga

Carnival all over de blasted place but we doh big up we culture?  And who does piggy back on we overseas Carnivals...de same Jakans yuh holding above we in dis post.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2006, 01:59:41 PM »
I not disputing that Shaka is Trini. Just saying he turned us down in the past.  pure and simple...you could legitimize it how you like...everybody  has an excuse and the one you give kinda jokey. FILHO

This is a disappointing statement from somebody who posting long time now. Ah thought yuh would know better. Yuh disputing facts and calling dem jokey excuses. Shaka had to show solidarity wit he fadda.  This topic has been well documented on dis forum and in de media...so where is de jokey excuse?  If yuh was Shaka, yuh go choose TTFF over yuh fadda who was really making a stand for de players. Come on man.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2006, 02:05:55 PM »
And Futbol, yuh eh get away...stop posting dotishness. Even if yuh call yuhself ah moo moo, we doh care is yuh choice...but where yuh born yuh cyah escape de fact...Foreign...and no yuh passport certainly doh say Black British Born Cunoomoonoo...and it should.

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2006, 02:16:12 PM »
This should be a dead issue. Countries have been using players from all over the World since the WC began in the 30's.
Italy won 3 WC's with players from Argentina & Uruguay 30's
France had Kopa (Polish) and Just Fontaine (morocco) 50-60's
Belgium had players from Zaire 80-90's
Mexico had Brazilians & now and Argentinian 90's
Holland had several players from Surinam 80's 90's They even had a Canadian vanSchip
England had players like Barnes & Wright
Japan had Alex of Brazil
Croatia now has deSilva from Brazil
El Salvador use to have a Yugoslav
Poland had a Nigerian or Ghanian for crying out loud
Germany have man from Ghana and Turkey

If they good enough and the country accepts them so be it.Talk done move on.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2006, 02:24:45 PM »
This should be a dead issue. Countries have been using players from all over the World since the WC began in the 30's.
Italy won 3 WC's with players from Argentina & Uruguay 30's
France had Kopa (Polish) and Just Fontaine (morocco) 50-60's
Belgium had players from Zaire 80-90's
Mexico had Brazilians & now and Argentinian 90's
Holland had several players from Surinam 80's 90's They even had a Canadian vanSchip
England had players like Barnes & Wright
Japan had Alex of Brazil
Croatia now has deSilva from Brazil
El Salvador use to have a Yugoslav
Poland had a Nigerian or Ghanian for crying out loud
Germany have man from Ghana and Turkey

If they good enough and the country accepts them so be it.Talk done move on.

WELL I GUESS THAT ENDS THAT ;D
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2006, 02:58:07 PM »
And Futbol, yuh eh get away...stop posting dotishness. Even if yuh call yuhself ah moo moo, we doh care is yuh choice...but where yuh born yuh cyah escape de fact...Foreign...and no yuh passport certainly doh say Black British Born Caribbean...and it should.
No one was espacing the fact son ;) If you read my ''dotish'' posts you would of seen I was no were near espacing the fact.
and Pointman said 'Well I guess that ends that''

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2006, 03:17:24 PM »
Back to this Shaka ting.

I remember his pops was wrangling with the TTFF but I don't think that is the main reason why he was holding out.

He was trying to make England squad.....that was the MAIN reason.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2006, 03:25:57 PM »
I not disputing that Shaka is Trini. Just saying he turned us down in the past.  pure and simple...you could legitimize it how you like...everybody  has an excuse and the one you give kinda jokey. FILHO

This is a disappointing statement from somebody who posting long time now. Ah thought yuh would know better. Yuh disputing facts and calling dem jokey excuses. Shaka had to show solidarity wit he fadda.  This topic has been well documented on dis forum and in de media...so where is de jokey excuse?  If yuh was Shaka, yuh go choose TTFF over yuh fadda who was really making a stand for de players. Come on man.

Savannah you stay dey and think what you want.....Shaka would have played for England if he got called up...

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2006, 03:31:15 PM »
Back to this Shaka ting.

I remember his pops was wrangling with the TTFF but I don't think that is the main reason why he was holding out.

He was trying to make England squad.....that was the MAIN reason.
Sorry DCS I didnt know that button worked. :rotfl:

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2006, 04:16:31 PM »

sorry...but it not as well documented as you would like to think. If selected, he there is a real chance he would have chosen England...I say that  because he chose to play for England under 21 team even after representing T&T at junior level. So dat excuse just eh making sense and have real holes in it.

1) who would accept an England Under 21 call up after playing for TnT under 20s if they wanted to play for TnT?
2) If Shaka pops was representing the players...why it is none ah the others withheld their services...just Shaka?
3) Why it is men does like to call heresay facts?

Savannah...accept what you  like...but you eh think dat ne through at all...even if what you are saying his true...I still go back to my original statement. We all have choices and Shaka and his pops could have chosen many ways to fight the TTFF wthout holding his son's services hostage from his nation and from his team mates....if TTFF had do Shaka father wrong..dat is one ting...but to say they did it for the players..dat eh sounding right

Offline benedicts bwoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2006, 04:53:24 PM »
[GO TACKLE YUH MAMMY]

Allyuh doh kill mih today :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Tomorrow...tomorrow :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2006, 05:14:06 PM »
but it not as well documented as you would like to think...Filho  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Yuh was asleep when we posted this. Topic done bury among de faithful on dis very forum and in de Trinidad Newspapers. Whappen, dem Compre Boys cuff yuh up before yuh went to Fatima every day? How yuh miss dah one? Yuh looking real amateurish on dis topic.  De regular posters know exactly wha ah talking bout. Big Magician try to help yuh out but yuh start hissing ah Tom Cat. Yuh obviously doh know wha yuh talking bout and trying to play wrong and strong. Ah played sports and sat in class wit de man. Dat is meh real breds. You in de dark on dis one padnah. Later Filho Dough.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2006, 05:44:53 PM »
Warmonga you are wrong if you believe that the players representing Jamaica are doing so because they have a stronger identification with their Jamaican roots.

I will agree that the JA Diaspora is much more connected to things Jamaican than Trinidad and Tobago's but that has little to do with the guys that choose to represent JA.

In footballing terms these guys are English until is suits them to be otherwise. Being Jamaican doesn't help them get accepted at a club and it does not help them progress.

Also for all the talk about "proud to be a Jamaican" if they could make a bigger side they will.

So Barnes could not have played for JA.
RF say that Sol Campbell and four other England players are Jamaican (Me ent know where he get them from). Why did they choose England and not Jamaica?
Even Clinton Morrison choose Ireland over JA

So come better than that. Yes Jamaicans are a proud people with a vibrant international community but that is not why the Reggaebrits play for Jamaica.

They play because they cannot make bigger sides.

You sounding more and more like a damn idiot. Which sensible footballer would give upu the opportinity to play for England over playing for a Caribbean nation? NONE! You think Chris Birchall, Shaka Hislop, Ronnie Mauge, Ian cox, Zamora, Samuels etc etc would chose T&T over England? I evebn hear Yorke himself some time ago mentioned that had been born in England England would have been his first choice.

Jamaica has given teh world great athletes, not just footballers. Ben Johnson, Lindford Christie, Mike McCallum, John Barnes, Ian Wright etc etc.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2006, 05:46:08 PM »
I feel like giving yuh a steups but I'll try to explain.

First off Big magic's post was REAL FUNNY, not just a bit.

Secondly, his use fo the Reggaebrits was a joke, generally nobody has anything against british born people or people from any other country (generally).

The reggae brits situation is one where Jamaica went and got a lot of players who were English to reperesent Jamaica and qualify for a WC.

Some of these players identified with their JA heritage, otheres I am sure did not, a few never even played for them after the WC.

So right now there is always the debate about:
where a player's loyalty really is when he is "imported"
whether loyalty is even an issue when it comes to football
how does importation affect the development of local born players

Because they have had much more migration than us and have used many more imports we does pound them and give them talk because more of our players are locally developed.

Also even in JA there are people who would rather see a young Jamaican than an Englishman who was not good enough for England.

JDB, with all due respect, you know nothing about Jamaica's football, so you are therefore not qualified to inform this poster about Jamaica's football. 3 English based players helped Jamaica to qualify for the world cup....3 out of a squad of 25. The English based players who didnt represent Jamaica after teh world cup were simply not selected by the coach. You may know motre about T&T's situation, so thats where you should be focusing your attention. There are many many more UK based players waiting to suit up for Jamaica and T&T to a lesser extent. Jamaica for one has given the UK a number of Footballers and track athletes....so nothing wrong with either T&T or Jamaica calling on teh offsprings of our nationals living in the diaspora.

RF right..why yuh bringing school boy ball inna big man sporting talk.

f**k YOU RF!

you qualified tuh talk bout T&T football doh.

go tackle yuh mammy!

Still waiting for the URL. Respect!

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2006, 05:48:31 PM »
Warmonga you are wrong if you believe that the players representing Jamaica are doing so because they have a stronger identification with their Jamaican roots.

I will agree that the JA Diaspora is much more connected to things Jamaican than Trinidad and Tobago's but that has little to do with the guys that choose to represent JA.

In footballing terms these guys are English until is suits them to be otherwise. Being Jamaican doesn't help them get accepted at a club and it does not help them progress.

Also for all the talk about "proud to be a Jamaican" if they could make a bigger side they will.

So Barnes could not have played for JA.
RF say that Sol Campbell and four other England players are Jamaican (Me ent know where he get them from). Why did they choose England and not Jamaica?
Even Clinton Morrison choose Ireland over JA

So come better than that. Yes Jamaicans are a proud people with a vibrant international community but that is not why the Reggaebrits play for Jamaica.

They play because they cannot make bigger sides.

You sounding more and more like a damn idiot. Which sensible footballer would give upu the opportinity to play for England over playing for a Caribbean nation? NONE! You think Chris Birchall, Shaka Hislop, Ronnie Mauge, Ian cox, Zamora, Samuels etc etc would chose T&T over England? I evebn hear Yorke himself some time ago mentioned that had been born in England England would have been his first choice.

Jamaica has given teh world great athletes, not just footballers. Ben Johnson, Lindford Christie, Mike McCallum, John Barnes, Ian Wright etc etc.

ey ey ey shut de f**k up nuh Mrs.Jamaica

remember you is de man who say Jamaica 10 T&T 0 eh

yuh big chupid jackass

especially wit JDB a man who always comes through wit unbiased steady thorough responses.

stewps.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2006, 05:48:41 PM »
Still waiting for the URL. Respect!

Is   www.molefoot.com your URL?
Could you post a URL for your web business.
Thanks.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2006, 07:03:20 PM »

Why do you have such a hard time following an argument?

Did I say anything that is different to what you just said?

Please read what warmonga wrote, which I responed to and realize that we are saying the same thing.

I will tell yu since I do not see it like many other Trini's..Jamaicans a proud no matter what part of de world dey born to represent there country of Jamaica while Trinidadians a f**ked up seriously dem cya wait to change the citizenship when dem cum a fareign..

I was saying that JA imports playing for JA did not have much to do with representing "their country" otherwise we would have had instances of British born players choosing JA over England because of Jamaican pride.

Yuh so quick to compare JA to Trinidad. You hear me say that TnT imports would choose TnT over England?

And what is the point of your last sentence. have I ever said that Jamaica didn't produce athletes?
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2006, 08:20:25 PM »
but it not as well documented as you would like to think...Filho  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Yuh was asleep when we posted this. Topic done bury among de faithful on dis very forum and in de Trinidad Newspapers. Whappen, dem Compre Boys cuff yuh up before yuh went to Fatima every day? How yuh miss dah one? Yuh looking real amateurish on dis topic.  De regular posters know exactly wha ah talking bout. Big Magician try to help yuh out but yuh start hissing ah Tom Cat. Yuh obviously doh know wha yuh talking bout and trying to play wrong and strong. Ah played sports and sat in class wit de man. Dat is meh real breds. You in de dark on dis one padnah. Later Filho Dough.

You just don't get it. I do not even care why Shaka turned down TnT. That being said, I not playing wrong and strong....and I certainly not stooping low with the personal insults :-\. If you were so confident about what you were saying, why would you have to stoop so low to make a point? I DID NOT dispute that your version is not documented...I am just informing you that it it is not as well documented or well believed as you would like to think. Where were you during all the Jlloyd / Zamorra arguments? Many people used Shaka as a reason to forgive and forget. Why didn't you come forward then...after all, you are such a regular poster. And I am not the  only one who called BS in response to your post. Have you never read something on this site, or someone's account of an event in the papers and not felt a hint of suspicion that it not sounding right? That is all I am saying......that is my right. It is an opinion formed in the absence of more compelling evidence. And since you find it more useful to insult me than provide said evidence, my opinion is unchanged

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2006, 08:54:11 PM »

The man just being skeptical (like many others) about stated reasons for Shaka's resistance to rep. Trinidad at that point in time..........there's no wrong and strong in that...........there's many sides to a story, and only one side is the full truth.....

many times the truth doesn't even make the papers or leave the lips of the info holder..... so everyone has a right believe what he/she wants to believe........no need to flex yuh microchip muscles and get hard in yuh pants just because yuh sit next to the man in class.....

Yuh lettin your PC testosterone get the better of you......despite being knowlegeable and close to the source on the issue, yuh ending up comin' off like an idiot....just relax try to understand that people will always see things differently
« Last Edit: January 07, 2006, 08:57:42 PM by kicker »

1]; } ?>