May 06, 2024, 10:51:21 AM

Author Topic: WC 2010 - Match 5 - Group C: England vs USA  (Read 33804 times)

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Wait nah, Robbie Findley starting for the US
« Reply #212 on: June 13, 2010, 04:22:28 PM »
Findley looked no better than Cornell Glenn to me. He didnt seem as interested as Baptist, he doesnt have the vision of Darryl Roberts and ah not getting rid of meh big man KJ for a little guy like Robbie.

Ill pass!
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 13, 2010, 04:30:40 PM »
Findley looked no better than Cornell Glenn to me. He didnt seem as interested as Baptist, he doesnt have the vision of Darryl Roberts and ah not getting rid of meh big man KJ for a little guy like Robbie.

Ill pass!

:beermug:

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 13, 2010, 04:47:08 PM »

Ill pass!

1. Findley is 5 years younger than Glen
2. Findley has scored more goals (24 vs 14) in MLS than Glen
3. KJ has not been exactly in stellar international form in ah long while if ever
4. With Stern out or on his way out nobody eh show any signs of picking up the slack
5. We eh relly have depth, so we cyar afford tuh pass up on nobody. We should at least be giving people like him a comprehensive evaluation especially since we were aware of him 5/6 years ago. We need to have good competition for every available position.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: WC 2010 - Match 5 - Group C: England vs USA
« Reply #215 on: June 13, 2010, 05:09:26 PM »

WTF :rotfl:

Whey !

I think that was intentional... the Post just having a little fun with the situation.  Especially given the "Bunker Hill" reference.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 13, 2010, 05:15:35 PM »

I think that was intentional... the Post just having a little fun with the situation.  Especially given the "Bunker Hill" reference.

Dem fellas eh know the Post...  That's actually kinda tame by Post standards...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 13, 2010, 05:18:41 PM »

Dem fellas eh know the Post...  That's actually kinda tame by Post standards...

I have tuh admit I kinda chuckled when ah see the headline on the Pre-game show.  It fit perfectly because the way all the US fans were carrying on you'd think they actually won something... Post just add ah li'l bit ah bombast to the situation.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 13, 2010, 06:53:15 PM »
High grade? lol Yuh misunderstanding what I said...I didn't say that anyone claimed that he's that technically deficient.  I said that in my opinion, what appears to be a fluke error is only worth the fuss if one really thinks he's really that technically deficient- which is ludicrous. (i.e. his lack of technical execution is a big deal worth pondering if he's really that sh*tty...otherwise it's just an unfortunate fluke)... and the hype surrounding this match DOES have an effect on how much attention this mistake has gotten...

Anyhow my bad, I eh mean tuh tell allyuh goalkeeping pundits not to analyze Green's technique and how many inches more to the right his chest and knee shoulda been tuh save the powder puff yadda yadda...was just raising what I thought was a more critical point regarding England based on observations of the match...and this thread is about the match so I thought it was fair game in this thread...

anyhow, on to the other matches...

The thread/forum is for people to talk about whatever they feel like talking about regarding anything and everything pertaining to anything and everything the forum covers.  Whatever point you feel is more critical you are entitled to bring it up and carry it on in whatever capacity you feel to and take it where you want to (and I assure you nobody is going to mistake you for any pundit of any position) and who ever wants to contribute to your critical point will do so to their leisure.  I doh see why it bothering you so much.   

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 13, 2010, 08:03:31 PM »
now to make tings work...ledley king ruled out...u cyah tell me them didnt know the man knee wasnt going and last for this tourney

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 13, 2010, 08:24:33 PM »
Though the jokes, harsh tabloid headlines, and misspelled comments on YouTube keep coming, England goalkeeper Rob Green was immediately over his mistake that allowed the U.S. to take a 1-1 draw from what turned out to be a friendly competition between the favorites of Group C. Because he is 30. And he is a man.

Says Green via the Guardian:

"It is regrettable and not what you want to happen but that's life and you move on. You hold your head up high and get to work in training. It won't affect me psychologically. I'm 30, I'm a man, and you have hardships in life and prepare for them."

So have your chuckles about how "it's not easy being Green" and call it the "Hand of Clod" if you like, but Green isn't bothered. He told BBC Radio:

"Dempsey hit one and it's one I should have saved. Full stop.
"It's very disappointing, but it's happened.

"The most important thing is not to let it affect myself.

"I had 50-odd minutes to play in the game [after that] and represent my country and I did that I didn't let if affect me mentally.

"I didn't let it affect my performance. It's about mental strength and worse things have happened to people."

Impressive resolve. And he's right. Think of the people who have actual hardships and wish their biggest problem in life was goofing up in football match and how Green's error really shouldn't impact England's chances at advancing to the knockout stage. After you finish redubbing the Kermit song with humorous lyrics about Green's mistake, of course.   

Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 13, 2010, 10:15:19 PM »
i am surprised to see so many haters on usa.. cmon rep ur confederation... it will help us to get more wc spots...

anyways green didnt see the shot all the way and deuce hit that with some power.. not sure if anyone knows deuce but he has scored some really unorthodox goals in the past, like first goal against brazil in confed for eg.
or the one against spain..
U GUYS CAN SAY the shot or the goal was soft but the run threw the middle was really pretty to watch, a couple turns and boom, something out of nothing. dempsey has been usa magicman esp against us... in particular.
point is usa earned that draw and did something tnt couldnt which was score against them. if stern did score  and not let terry clear that would of been a soff goal as well.

Interesting ghana is probably going to be second but something tells me usa gonna win this group. ghana is the only african team that can beat the US.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 10:17:57 PM by sHOTTA12 »

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 13, 2010, 10:37:46 PM »
I thought Kerry Baptiste showed promise thou... but stern john.. a gem for us

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 13, 2010, 10:53:53 PM »
i am surprised to see so many haters on usa.. cmon rep ur confederation... it will help us to get more wc spots...

anyways green didnt see the shot all the way and deuce hit that with some power.. not sure if anyone knows deuce but he has scored some really unorthodox goals in the past, like first goal against brazil in confed for eg.
U GUYS CAN SAY the shot or the goal was soft but the run threw the middle was really pretty to watch, a couple turns and boom, something out of nothing. dempsey has been usa magicman esp against us... in particular.
point is usa earned that draw and did something tnt couldnt which was score against them. if stern did score  and not let terry clear that would of been a soff goal as well.

Interesting ghana is probably going to be second but something tells me usa gonna win this group. ghana is the only african team that can beat the US.

Isn't there a way to check and make sure that cocaine you sniffin' doh have no baking soda in it?

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 14, 2010, 08:18:04 AM »
Yeah we can afford to pass on him.

That is why he playing a World Cup and we home watching on tv.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #225 on: June 14, 2010, 09:54:19 AM »

Ill pass!

u cant be serious...glen, baptiste and roberts over findley?

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 14, 2010, 04:03:56 PM »

Isn't there a way to check and make sure that cocaine you sniffin' doh have no baking soda in it?

I would be mad to if I was you, no need to take it out on people. Ugly, bad mannered, stupid are your qualities. You must be a pro league player.

sry guys if he made a reasonable post with accordance with op and not flame he would of gotten a different reply.

anyways enough time wasted on garbage. moving on..

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 14, 2010, 04:35:19 PM »

nah man, ppl should earn their way into the WC, not beg for handouts.  Most of the matches boring as heck so far already, cyah do with seeing more bogus play.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 14, 2010, 05:15:59 PM »
all i have to say is the best 3 teams from our region at the world cup, if they look bad our region looks bad.

I would rather have the three best teams there with the exception of Honduras(for crc), because they played positive football. Tnt didnt deserve to be in 2010 sa, sry it hurts but we need to improve defensively first as a start.

Think about it, our region can surprise anyone except maybe our south american counterparts. anyways i say we second best in terms of regions in the world bc of mex usa and crc this time around.
start been solid, grind out the 0-0 results, stay consistant and instead of Honduras/CRC we might be there next time.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 05:18:06 PM by sHOTTA12 »

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 14, 2010, 10:52:09 PM »
I thought Kerry Baptiste showed promise thou... but stern john.. a gem for us
Maga men cyah make it far in In'tl football. He have to eat ah food and hit the weights first

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 15, 2010, 03:47:47 AM »
all i have to say is the best 3 teams from our region at the world cup, if they look bad our region looks bad.

I would rather have the three best teams there with the exception of Honduras(for crc), because they played positive football. Tnt didnt deserve to be in 2010 sa, sry it hurts but we need to improve defensively first as a start.

Think about it, our region can surprise anyone except maybe our south american counterparts. anyways i say we second best in terms of regions in the world bc of mex usa and crc this time around.
start been solid, grind out the 0-0 results, stay consistant and instead of Honduras/CRC we might be there next time.

....dat cocaine and baking soda still ridin' yuh brain.  Yuh should admit yuh problem and check yuh self in.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
The goals from England vs. the U.S. recreated with Legos
« Reply #232 on: June 15, 2010, 02:56:11 PM »
LOL  :rotfl:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/WUnU3B6WsJ4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/WUnU3B6WsJ4</a>

http://g.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/world-cup/blog/dirty-tackle/post/The-goals-from-England-vs-the-U-S-recreated-wi?urn=sow,248528
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
Re: The goals from England vs. the U.S. recreated with Legos
« Reply #233 on: June 15, 2010, 04:22:52 PM »
 :rotfl:
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 15, 2010, 04:30:04 PM »

....dat cocaine and baking soda still ridin' yuh brain.  Yuh should admit yuh problem and check yuh self in.

you wish that they sell this kinda baking soda in trini ent?

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 15, 2010, 04:31:06 PM »
dat funny :rotfl:

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 15, 2010, 06:15:52 PM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

people have nuttin to do dread
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 15, 2010, 09:04:09 PM »
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

people have nuttin to do dread

ENTTTTTTTTT
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 16, 2010, 07:41:21 AM »
Robbie Findley provides speed for U.S. soccer team at World Cup

Famous faces filled the players' tunnel of Rustenburg's Royal Bafokeng Stadium on Saturday night. Forward Robbie Findley, nervously awaiting his U.S. World Cup debut, scanned the row of white-shirted English players and spotted Wayne Rooney and Frank Lampard, Steven Gerrard and Ashley Cole.

"I saw a whole bunch of guys that I have been watching" on TV play in the English Premier League, Findley recalled Tuesday. "I took it all in."

He was thoroughly familiar with them. They undoubtedly wondered about him.

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #239 on: June 16, 2010, 09:32:08 AM »

Ill pass!

1. Findley is 5 years younger than Glen
2. Findley has scored more goals (24 vs 14) in MLS than Glen
3. KJ has not been exactly in stellar international form in ah long while if ever
4. With Stern out or on his way out nobody eh show any signs of picking up the slack
5. We eh relly have depth, so we cyar afford tuh pass up on nobody. We should at least be giving people like him a comprehensive evaluation especially since we were aware of him 5/6 years ago. We need to have good competition for every available position.

exactly :beermug:

1]; } ?>