May 06, 2024, 06:19:52 AM

Author Topic: Young Jerrel Britto aims for higher.  (Read 13603 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Young Jerrel Britto aims for higher.
« on: September 04, 2007, 09:39:13 PM »
Young Britto aims for higher.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).
[/size]

National Under 15 team captain Jerrel Britto was among the first to welcome back this country's Under 17 footballers as they walked through the VIP lounge of the Piarco International Airport the day after qualifying for the FIFA Under 17 World Championship back in May.
He had been part of the provisional squad prior to the CONCACAF final round but didn't make the cut. He also didn't let that prevent from him from holding up a "Welcome back Warriors" banner upon the team's arrival. Some four months later he wore the armband proudly for the T&T Under 15s and finished as the tournament's topscorer with 15 goals, guiding T&T to third spot in the CFU U15 Youth Cup.
The 15-year-old Queen's Royal College student is not easily carried away though, even though his showing off in front of goal before converting T&T's final goal in last Thursday's 5-0 win over Guyana may have suggested that he hardly rated the opposition. He watched on as the T&T Under 17s suffered defeats in South Korea and knows that finishing as topscorer is merely a title.
"It was a very good experience because I'm now gaining the exposure," the San Juan Jabloteh player told TTFF Media. "I was happy to be part of the Under 15 team especially as I had the experience of being with the Under 17s so in a way I was like a senior player here and I tried to pass it on."
"We had a fighting spirit and we were a family type team.  The staff was always with us. We were always talking and trying to do the right things spiritually, mentally and with the game itself. I hope we can stay together, train hard and come out on top with the qualifiers next year. I'm really looking forward to that now," added Britto who hails from San Juan.
"My aim is to keep on working hard because I see too that the level is a high one on the world stage.
"I looked at the Under 17s on TV and you could see they tried very hard. I want to be part of that as well so I know we have a lot of work to improve as a team and qualify for the next World Cup as well," Britto said. The young forward score in all of T&T's six games in the tournament, tallying 15 of the 27 goals scored. Teammate Anslem Jackson and Dinell Lopez were next with three goals apiece.

Photo shows Britto second from right in training with the U-17s prior to their departure for South Korea.
Scored for mom on her birthday.

Express writer Lorraine Waldropt-Ferguson continues her Questions and Answers Series with top sportsmen and women and today she takes to the football field with Jerrel Britto.

Britto is captain of Trinidad and Tobago's Under-15s. He's young, eager and full of energy, but while his feet on the ball move a mile a minute, his mind is sound and grounded. A Fourth Form student of Queen's Royal College, Britto's world revolves around three main elements: spirituality, sports and school. He is one of T&T's most promising football stars and has proven through his school and national feats that football is indeed his gift from God!
Just recently, in the still to be concluded Caribbean Football Union Under-15 Tournament being played here, he captured the Man of the Match awards in his first two games against Bahamas and Aruba and is the leading light in the Most Goals thus far, netting six times.
A member of CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh's youth team, Britto also captured the Team's Most Goals Trophy on two occasions last year and the Most Goals and MVP titles for the Pro League the same year.
Hailing from San Juan, he has been a mainstay on the National Under-17 team for three years. However, he has been playing the field since age eight, his first Football Club being Family Soccer Coaching Academy.
In years to come, Britto hopes to dribble his way to the English Premier League and land a contract with one of the top notched British clubs. However, he recognises that he can't do anything without a firm faith and his personal recipe for success: prayer, motivation and support.

Q&A

1. Your most significant accolade in sports?[/b]
Winning the Most Valuable Player (MVP) Award in the Pro League in 2006.

2. Your most memorable moment in sports?
Scoring the goal to deny Queen's Royal College (QRC), my school team, relegation in the 2006 InterCol competition.

3. In three words, your recipe for a successful athlete?
Prayer. Motivation. Support!

4. Your greatest joy?
Relaxing with family.

5. Your secret fear?
Getting injured while playing!

6. The best advice you received and from whom?
Never get swell-headed and motivate younger players...Coach Carrington!

7. Your most embarrassing moment?
Being dropped from the National Under-17 First Team!

8. Your happiest moment?
When I scored a goal for my mother on her birthday in one of my InterCol matches.

9. The part of your body you like the most?
My feet!

10. The part of your body you would change given the chance?
None!

11. After a hard game what relaxes you?
Seeing my parents and friends!

12. The best book you ever read?
Green days by the river!

13. Your favourite music?
Gospel.

14. What would be your dream profession?
A manager of a company.

15. The one thing most people do not know about you?
I talk in my sleep!

16. Your pet peeve?
Noise!

17. Your favourite food?
Macaroni pie, callaloo, baked chicken and fried rice.

18. The athlete you most admire?
Samuel Eto.

19. Your secret personality weapon?
My discipline.

20. Your personal credo?
You can't do anything without God!

21. Your most irresistible temptation?
Reading The Bible!

22. The one place you would like to visit before you die?
Grenada.

23. Your most elusive goal?
To be awarded a professional contract to play in the English Premier League (EPL).

24. What advice would you give to T&T's youth?
If you have a talent, don't be afraid to use it!

25. What is your solution to crime in T&T?
More visible police patrols and a more unbiased and uncorrupted Police Service!

Captain of Trinidad and Tobago's Under-15s, Jerrel Britto.

Note:

Britto bagged four awards for his team San Juan Jabloteh in 2007. The Queens Royal College student, and Trinidad and Tobago youth player, won the U-15 Most Valuable Player, U-15 Most Goals, Chairman’s Award and the Special Award Youth Catogory.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 07:06:14 PM by Flex »

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Young Jerrel Britto aims for higher.
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 05:43:18 AM »
Good Luck to this youth, hope he is the next Yorke....

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 04:01:22 PM »
Very intelligent answers by young Britto.  He make some of our senior players sound like imbeciles.  Good luck!  Keep your feet on the ground, your head in your books and your faith in God!

And no matter how good you get, Practice! Practice! Practice.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 12:39:36 PM »
Keep focus and d sky is d limit
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007, 01:38:36 PM »
De young boy really say "Green Days By The River?" Well, yes.........look ting!!  His answer to number 25 is very promising for a 15-year-old, too.  All the BEST to you, young Britto!!

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2007, 02:16:31 PM »
1. Your most significant accolade in sports?
Winning the Most Valuable Player (MVP) Award in the Pro League in 2006.

Damn! at his age and winning awards like this in the PFL, I could see this young man having a bright future.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2007, 02:46:48 PM »
question # 25 is a stupid question. He running for office? It doh even fit with the rest of them. why they didn't ask him about his economic policy and foreign relations one time?

Regardless, good sensible answers. Will I have to look back fondly on the lost days of sports interviews?

Here is the start of a classic quote for the old-heads. "when de mout buss..."
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline handsanointed

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2007, 04:05:21 PM »
I am the mother of Jerrel Britto. I want to thank this website for all the articles published on him thus far. We want you to know that as his parents we have trained him up to be a holistic child and to be a positive statistic in society. We appreciate all the comments, whether they were negative or positive because all will assist in the development of our son. God has been good to Jerrel, I have always emphasized to him that he should esteem the next player more highly than himself.He is a child that has remained humble.
I want to say a special thanks to all those who have contributed to his development, his dad(who is his coach at Jabloteh & QRC), Vaugh "Bella" Alexander who was his coach in his foundational years. All those who has worked with him at San Juan Jabloteh.More recently the great impartation he received from Reynold Carrinton and Terrence Marcelle at the Nat. Under 15 level.
But most of all, high praises to the Lord for all the great things He has done in Jerrel's life and all that He will continue to do.
Continue the great work you all are doing at "socawarriors.net". I enjoy this site immensely.God bless!

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2007, 04:08:06 PM »
Your son is in good hands!

Blessings
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2007, 08:46:32 PM »
I am the mother of Jerrel Britto. I want to thank this website for all the articles published on him thus far. We want you to know that as his parents we have trained him up to be a holistic child and to be a positive statistic in society. We appreciate all the comments, whether they were negative or positive because all will assist in the development of our son. God has been good to Jerrel, I have always emphasized to him that he should esteem the next player more highly than himself.He is a child that has remained humble.
I want to say a special thanks to all those who have contributed to his development, his dad(who is his coach at Jabloteh & QRC), Vaugh "Bella" Alexander who was his coach in his foundational years. All those who has worked with him at San Juan Jabloteh.More recently the great impartation he received from Reynold Carrinton and Terrence Marcelle at the Nat. Under 15 level.
But most of all, high praises to the Lord for all the great things He has done in Jerrel's life and all that He will continue to do.
Continue the great work you all are doing at "socawarriors.net". I enjoy this site immensely.God bless!
Thanks for taking the time out Madam .We have hopes for your boy eh  ;D Don t forget lots ah blue food eh ,to run with them big men in England .

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2007, 11:17:28 PM »
Welcome moms doh b a stranger keep posting. We need more christians on d site to counter act all d cuss buds
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2007, 04:15:58 AM »

Ms handsanointed your son seems to be a well mannered and ambitious young man and that could only come from a nuturing family.
As an ex QRC myself make sure he doh lime too much by de pavilion after school an when he get older watch out for the sixth form association.
Anything yuh do, doh send him to CIC or Fatima for "A" levels or CAPE as they call it now , that going to spoil him for life.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2007, 05:07:45 AM »

Jerrel must aim high, keep a great diet, do some weight training, built speed, be calm and keep faith in his ability. With God all things are possible. People in T&T need to take things more serious and I hope Jerrel dont fall in that laid back society. Tell him to keep in contact with us...

Welcome to the best T&T football website there is and has ever been in more than one way..... special thanks to the boss Flex Mohammed and Tallman who has stood up with Flex over the years and to Sam my mentor... (opps, did I say that)....  :rotfl:

Word of advise, Brazil and Manchester United is over-rated, but doh say that to loud as there is many bias supporters living here.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2007, 07:39:28 AM »
Big up Jerrel Britto !!!!!
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2007, 08:19:48 AM »
With God all things are possible.

Yuh tink yuh could get GOD to remove yuh avatar when yuh torkin to de yute mother?  8)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2007, 02:39:30 PM »
God Bless you too Moms. He will direct your path.
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2007, 04:04:59 PM »
Good Evening Mrs. Brito,
                                      Congrats to your family for creating and guiding a fine young Trini MAN. In this day and age of negative peer pressures from home and also from abroad, we need plenty more like him. As an ex-QRC footballer, I feel right at home with him. QRC used to be a "BIG" school when it came to sports, but times have changed and we no longer command the roost. But we have to accept that. Ever since my times we have struggled. But "La Lucha" builds character. Your son has character. I hope he and may son will play for TT in the future. Good luck and God speed Young Royalian Lion. Go QRC!!!!!!

Offline handsanointed

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2008, 05:01:27 PM »
Thanks for your kind words. Jerrel has recently returned from another trial at Norwich City FC. He trained with the FIRST TEAM at Norwich City. No offers were made to him. Regarding Portsmouth, that is still in process as my husband recently spoke with his agent. Presently he is training with the national Under 17 team. We continue to nurture our son and encourage him to stay disciplined as a sportsman. I want to personally say thanks to each and everyone who has taken time out to give encouraging words, criticisms and support. When God made Jerrel He had destiny on His mind. We look forward to all the great things our Papa God will do.
P.S. Don't ask me to take off my avatar. God has been good to my family and I am not afraid to shout that from the rooftop.
A pleasant night to all of you and Blessings!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2008, 05:04:22 PM »
Thanks for your kind words. Jerrel has recently returned from another trial at Norwich City FC. He trained with the FIRST TEAM at Norwich City. No offers were made to him. Regarding Portsmouth, that is still in process as my husband recently spoke with his agent. Presently he is training with the national Under 17 team. We continue to nurture our son and encourage him to stay disciplined as a sportsman. I want to personally say thanks to each and everyone who has taken time out to give encouraging words, criticisms and support. When God made Jerrel He had destiny on His mind. We look forward to all the great things our Papa God will do.
P.S. Don't ask me to take off my avatar. God has been good to my family and I am not afraid to shout that from the rooftop.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: an offer will come  keep the Faith
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2008, 05:33:23 PM »
Nice to hear
remember...
“You fail,
you try,
you fail,
you try.
The only true failure is when you stop trying.”
Good luck
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2008, 05:37:18 PM »

Proverbs 3:5-6 (New Living Translation)
 5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
      do not depend on your own understanding.
 6 Seek his will in all you do,
      and he will show you which path to take.

All blessings to a bright young lad  ;D

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2008, 07:14:03 PM »
It was not your avatar ,the mod was refering too . Best of luck with the trails .

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2008, 07:25:05 PM »

Grenada

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2008, 07:27:09 PM »
Big up Jerrel Britto !!!!!

+1 (This has nothing to do with the Grenada thing)
Sounds talented and also sounds like he as good family

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2008, 08:06:30 PM »
Nice to hear
remember...
“You fail,
you try,
you fail,
you try.
The only true failure is when you stop trying.”
Good luck
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2009, 12:09:08 AM »

Grenada

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

LMAO! I was waiting for someone to highilght that! Youth doesn't know the world, he'll soon know though theres many places in the he'll likely enjoy n look forward to visiting more than Grenada!

Also very happy to see a Trini youth getting so much recognition for his play so young, we need more Jerrels! Keep training hard, and don't let your head swell and let off hard training when things really start to take off!

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2009, 04:57:29 AM »
the grenada thing confuse mi though. i guess he has family there.

and i dont want to see ah next dwight yorke. i want d yute to be himself and carve out his own style. notice how few of the world's best free kickers kick the ball the same way.

seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2009, 05:10:27 AM »
play yuh fittball son
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2009, 05:21:37 AM »

Grenada

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Jerrel boy, yuh ever been to Tobago??  Then you have been to Grenada.... ;D ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2009, 05:56:49 AM »
Ah like this youth. I hope he make it to the top.  ;)
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

1]; } ?>