May 14, 2024, 07:59:55 AM

Author Topic: Holidays in Trinidad & Tobago  (Read 5976 times)

Offline Cartman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Holidays in Trinidad & Tobago
« on: February 01, 2007, 12:36:52 PM »
Hi guys, I am after some help. For a few years my wife and me have been getting bored with the usual European beach holidays and fancy something different. I am intrigued by your country and it's friendly people so maybe next year we will come for a holiday.

We like to chill during the day, maybe hire a car or motorbike and go sightseeing then we like to party on a nightime till the early hours.  :beermug:

I know nothing about your country so please excuse my ignorance but what is it like for holidays, where are the best parts to go to for a holiday? Is it tourist friendly and is it safe to walk around on your after dark? Also, do you know the flightime to the UK?

What kind of things can I expect to do if I was to visit?

Thanks in advance of any help given  :)
Roy Keane's Red & White Army

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Holidays in Trinidad & Tobago
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 12:49:48 PM »
Great to see yor interest in visiting our lovely twin isalnd republic. For a start you can look over this website.
http://www.visittnt.com/
http://www.socawarriorstt.com/static/tourismvideo.htm
As I get more info I will posted it.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 12:53:19 PM by elan »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 12:52:52 PM »
Flight time to/from UK approx 9 hrs

Tourist Friendly- No (Tobago more so than Trinidad though)....In general, you'd be better off knowing a local to take you around, as Public Transportation is not good, road signs barely exist and in general, the country's economy is not tourism based. Most parts of Trinidad are not pedestian areas- especially not after dark- plan on driving to most places.

Party after hours- That's pretty much the definition of Trinidad. A fair amount of options exist- especially on the weekends (Thurs-Sun)....arguably Wed-Sun  ;D

sightseeing: There's a fair amount of that as well......

Check out the toursim website and see if that helps:

For relaxation, natural beauty, beaches & eco-tourism- look into Tobago...

For nightlife and more fast paced action- Trinidad...

Also- post threads like this in the "general discussion" page...

cheers  :beermug:
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 12:54:28 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 12:54:44 PM »
Great to see yor interest in visiting our lovely twin isalnd republic. For a start you can look over this website.

As I get more info I will posted it.
lol yuh beat meh to de punch...
thats the best place to start cartman. u may enjoy tobago lil more than trinidad.. but its all nice
to be honest tobago is safer than trinidad.
 look at some pics of tirnidad and tobago

http://www.trinidaddreamscape.com
just go to photogphy section enjoy
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Cartman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007, 01:48:06 PM »
Cheers guys, thanks for the help. If we do decide to visit I will get one of you lot to look after us in the clubs and pubs  :beermug: :beermug:

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007, 01:49:24 PM »
Cheers guys, thanks for the help. If we do decide to visit I will get one of you lot to look after us in the clubs and pubs  :beermug: :beermug:
very good idea man. take care
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline #8

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2007, 02:13:58 PM »
cartman..let me tell you something...if you want de safest vacation you and your wife could ever have...

go on the internet print off all the pics you could find of T&T beaches,nite spots etc..as big as you possibly can and put them up like posters in your house and back yard..put in a swimming pool if you don't have one already..import two coconut trees and put in your yard..couple cases of stag/carib beer..couple bottles of vat 19/puncheon..ask the polished hoe to burn you a few old school/latest soca cd's and hire one of de best recommended trini cooks yuh could find in your neck of the woods for de length of time you were planning to go on vacation for..and chill out in your own beautfiully designed Trinidad and Tobago.. :beermug:
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 02:17:00 PM by #8 »

Offline Cartman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2007, 12:27:54 AM »
Quality post mate, I will think about that option, thanks  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2007, 02:06:20 AM »
cartman..let me tell you something...if you want de safest vacation you and your wife could ever have...

go on the internet print off all the pics you could find of T&T beaches,nite spots etc..as big as you possibly can and put them up like posters in your house and back yard..put in a swimming pool if you don't have one already..import two coconut trees and put in your yard..couple cases of stag/carib beer..couple bottles of vat 19/puncheon..ask the polished hoe to burn you a few old school/latest soca cd's and hire one of de best recommended trini cooks yuh could find in your neck of the woods for de length of time you were planning to go on vacation for..and chill out in your own beautfiully designed Trinidad and Tobago.. :beermug:

You wrong for that  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline #8

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2007, 12:44:42 PM »
Quality post mate, I will think about that option, thanks  :rotfl: :rotfl:

you're most welcome..:beermug:

Offline #8

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2007, 12:46:38 PM »

You wrong for that  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

de man ask for help on planning a vacation to T&T..i jus give him what he ask for.. ;D

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2007, 01:37:32 PM »
Hi guys, I am after some help. For a few years my wife and me have been getting bored with the usual European beach holidays and fancy something different. I am intrigued by your country and it's friendly people so maybe next year we will come for a holiday.

We like to chill during the day, maybe hire a car or motorbike and go sightseeing then we like to party on a nightime till the early hours.  :beermug:

I know nothing about your country so please excuse my ignorance but what is it like for holidays, where are the best parts to go to for a holiday? Is it tourist friendly and is it safe to walk around on your after dark? Also, do you know the flightime to the UK?

What kind of things can I expect to do if I was to visit?

Thanks in advance of any help given  :)

walk with a gun. crime is out of control. tourists are often targets of robbery, rape, and assault.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 02:03:30 PM by Andre »

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2007, 02:01:31 PM »
Cartman, doh tudy them Trinidad and Tobago is nice, however keys things to remember

T&T is a petrol country, we don`t rely on tourism like other Caribbean islands. Tobago caters to toursit . I know alot of English , Germans , Europeans that spend alot of time in Tobago. So there is your safest bet. If you lookin to venture to Trinidad.............my advice is to make friends with a local to show you around !!

Trinidad nite life is exceptional, but Tobago is your best bet for a great vacation.

#8 remind me not to refer you to any work for the Tourist board.  ;D

Offline #8

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2007, 08:01:33 PM »
Cartman, doh tudy them Trinidad and Tobago is nice, however keys things to remember

T&T is a petrol country, we don`t rely on tourism like other Caribbean islands. Tobago caters to toursit . I know alot of English , Germans , Europeans that spend alot of time in Tobago. So there is your safest bet. If you lookin to venture to Trinidad.............my advice is to make friends with a local to show you around !!

Trinidad nite life is exceptional, but Tobago is your best bet for a great vacation.

no scene..ah sure dominican republic,puerto rico etc have openings in dey tourist board ;D

i jus giving de man some good advice till de place get a proper purge out from all de shit going on right now...i rather post de post i post above instead of a post saying..'shit boy just de other day cartman was online posting and thing,it f--ked up what happen to him and he wife..we beautiful country really gone through boy'...

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2007, 08:13:17 PM »

no scene..ah sure dominican republic,puerto rico etc have openings in dey tourist board ;D

i jus giving de man some good advice till de place get a proper purge out from all de shit going on right now...i rather post de post i post above instead of a post saying..'shit boy just de other day cartman was online posting and thing,it f--ked up what happen to him and he wife..we beautiful country really gone through boy'...

True and messed up at de same time
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2007, 08:29:55 PM »
i understand allyuh want ot be hoenst...but eh ebing truthful.most ah de murders as most people know is not tourists that get murdered. i eh think the rate ah hold in up of tourists is worse than anywhere else.

allyuh trying to say for example jamacia safer than trini eh eh no way.. yet its a tourist hub..steups eh ..if allyuh eh ave nuttin good to say doh say nuttin !!!!!!

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2007, 10:32:00 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: oh no They've killed Cartman !  Boy it rough yes ,Cartman go Tobago like Ras Ired say ,and maybe take a quick venture to Trini ,safest bet ,it getting like like some bad parts of London .

Offline #8

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2007, 02:01:29 PM »
i understand allyuh want ot be hoenst...but eh ebing truthful.most ah de murders as most people know is not tourists that get murdered. i eh think the rate ah hold in up of tourists is worse than anywhere else.

allyuh trying to say for example jamacia safer than trini eh eh no way.. yet its a tourist hub..steups eh ..if allyuh eh ave nuttin good to say doh say nuttin !!!!!!

difference with jamaica and us hoe....is that for de most part de don't F--k with what puts $ in their country/community...tourism..weed..stage show/parties etc...
and with all de f--ked up things we have to say about dem..dey have something we don't have...something called respect for de 'order' meaning even if a man from tivoli and ah man from spanish town have problems with eachother..and see eachother at a dance in either of those areas or elsewhere..they have to chill out till the next time dey see eachother..because dey have to respect de 'order' inforced by that area don/big men...

compare our cases of tourist attacks/murders to jamaica,barbados etc...
sadly to inform you but we ranking up top...
ah know yuh love yuh country..so do i..but facts is facts..and these are two facts

1.we beautiful lil country need a purge out...

2.seepaul luck is not gopaul luck(explanation can be given for this saying if needed)

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2007, 02:51:47 PM »
Do you all think this was so appropriate to post that stuff here in this thread. I am really ashamed of you first #8 for although you want to be Truth full about things. Blasting your country like that to someone that is interested in visiting is very low. No pride in your country then don't call yourself a trini. I believe you though might have been to do good but you may have caused more harm than Good. The ends doesn't justify the means. You might have overstepped the boundary with it.

There is a time and a place for everything and this was not the time . Cartman asked for some info about our lovely country and you made it seem like we have the worst country in the world. You overview on Trinidad & Tobago is very depressing and I can not believe that you view our land in such a negative manner (and I though I was bad).

Cartman, Trinidad & Tobago is a beautiful place two of the most beautifully islands you would ever see in your life time should you visit. If you have the opportunity and can afford it do not hessitate. For my one regret is that I can not afford to take my whole family with me therefore I would not go by myself. My wife and kids are from Germany and I often tell them of my homeland and all it has to offer. Yes it has crime but so does every country. You can die as you walk out your door or go to your regular grocery any where in the world. Infact most tragedies happen not far from your home(so you should be safe in Trinbago since you far from home  ;D).

I do read the news and I am very aware of the crime in T&T also in Germany, US, England, France, Brazil, Jamaica, Austria, Switzerland, etc.... I am saying this to say there is crime every where Do not let that stop you from having life....

Peace
www.myspace.com/dexterbfriday
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2007, 03:15:59 PM »
Lawd  ;D...ah love ah bacchanal too bad  ;D

Cartman go say in he head...dem people mad in dey ass oui...he go end up in de canary islands instead

btw de way...I use to sit next to gopaul in schooll................seepaul was one form ahead ah we doh

ah wonder wha ever happen to dem fellahs?  8)
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2007, 03:41:52 PM »

difference with jamaica and us hoe....is that for de most part de don't F--k with what puts $ in their country/community...tourism..weed..stage show/parties etc...
and with all de f--ked up things we have to say about dem..dey have something we don't have...something called respect for de 'order' meaning even if a man from tivoli and ah man from spanish town have problems with eachother..and see eachother at a dance in either of those areas or elsewhere..they have to chill out till the next time dey see eachother..because dey have to respect de 'order' inforced by that area don/big men...

compare our cases of tourist attacks/murders to jamaica,barbados etc...
sadly to inform you but we ranking up top...
ah know yuh love yuh country..so do i..but facts is facts..and these are two facts

1.we beautiful lil country need a purge out...

2.seepaul luck is not gopaul luck(explanation can be given for this saying if needed)
no one eh denying anyhting bro.. but u come of like a guyanese. real anti trini.  exaclty with g paul and see paul......
so he ass might be fine when he come..and i would liek to see wey u get them status about tourists attacks..... (doh tell meh u limin wiht we boy long enough to pull stuff outta de air).
 as far as i know with my finit facts most of the crime/ murders in trindad is gang related, most f the banditry is agaisnt locals.
now i ahve heard cases wheere visitors been attacks by by and large  is de dsual black on black crime.

and as i wa ssyaing tell dem man hey dred doh go trini right now thigns eh to good lime bago.... jus keep away from any chick named simona ::) ::)

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2007, 03:58:23 PM »
allyuh how #8 being anti-trini, all I seeing is painful realism.

criminals doh cater who is tourist and who is not

jamaica have a huge tourist industry and the tourists there does largely chill in the resorts...once they venture out into the streets, they at equal or more risk with everybody else, same fuh Trinidad

I know T&T beautiful, and I would love to tell Cartman he have little to be concerned about.. but trying to evade de reality by 'explaining' the crime and who is at risk, or saying it does happen everywhere is just making more excuses.

But Cartman...once T&T get a purge...it will probably have no where better on Earth to be.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 04:06:11 PM by Grande man »

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2007, 04:15:22 PM »

jamaica have a huge tourist industry and the tourists there does largely chill in the resorts...once they venture out into the streets, they at equal or more risk with everybody else, same fuh Trinidad

I know T&T beautiful, and I would love to tell Cartman he have nothing to be concerned about.. but trying to evade de reality by 'explaining' the crime and who is at risk is just making more excuses.

But Cartman...once T&T get a purge...it will probably have no where better on Earth to be.
lemme ask u something grandenow i eh being silly/ or trite i serious...when last u been to trini??
 i met a candian woman on the plane while i was going to trini recently....she always goes to trini because she has 2 nephews there. she goes almost every yr and as she pusi it..'once u move smart and be careful trinidad is a beautiful place and she will continue going." ( and  i am sure she been to more places in trini than half ah we in here

i also have 2 british frens (female) who swear that they going to move tobago. one was mugged in tobago long before the cime situation got bad back in de ealry 90's n she still goes even up to this day.

u can go anywhere and if u in d e worng place and u eh go be safe.
if trinidad was sooooooooooo bad that tourists have to stop going altogether as u guys making it seem y do cruise ships continue to go there all d e time.
every single day i was in  port of spain while i was there it had a cruise ship in port of spain.

reality and a far removed perception of what relaity is (borne out of frustration, pessemisim and lack of being in trinidad) is  two differnt things

jamacians will always admit jam down is pressure but yet thye never seem to fight they country down  instead for them dais de best place on earth,, will u send ah tourists to jungle in kinston eh heh?
same way if they keep dme sleve soutta de real bad places the opportunity for getting attacked is greatly reduced as for me or u.

y cant trourists just stay in a hotel/ resort in tobago is that th esame thign u suggest as in jamacia?
steups eh..allyuh need to take it down dred...
if u eh have nuttin good to say doh say nuttin..or offer a balanced opnion.

trinidad not paradise lost yet.  and besdes When things get back better all de people who would quicker run away or fight down is de first ones to run back.
 if people is true trini is time we actually stop jus sighing and moaing and DO somin. other wise u would jus be a naysayer.
ah member of this forum has a saying " are you useful.... everyone can have an opnion" 

is not blacned advice allyuh giving nah....
dais my opnion.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 04:22:52 PM by THE Polished Hoe »

Offline #8

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2007, 04:17:50 PM »
Do you all think this was so appropriate to post that stuff here in this thread. I am really ashamed of you first #8 for although you want to be Truth full about things. Blasting your country like that to someone that is interested in visiting is very low. No pride in your country then don't call yourself a trini. I believe you though might have been to do good but you may have caused more harm than Good. The ends doesn't justify the means. You might have overstepped the boundary with it.

There is a time and a place for everything and this was not the time . Cartman asked for some info about our lovely country and you made it seem like we have the worst country in the world. You overview on Trinidad & Tobago is very depressing and I can not believe that you view our land in such a negative manner (and I though I was bad).

Cartman, Trinidad & Tobago is a beautiful place two of the most beautifully islands you would ever see in your life time should you visit. If you have the opportunity and can afford it do not hessitate. For my one regret is that I can not afford to take my whole family with me therefore I would not go by myself. My wife and kids are from Germany and I often tell them of my homeland and all it has to offer. Yes it has crime but so does every country. You can die as you walk out your door or go to your regular grocery any where in the world. Infact most tragedies happen not far from your home(so you should be safe in Trinbago since you far from home  ;D).

I do read the news and I am very aware of the crime in T&T also in Germany, US, England, France, Brazil, Jamaica, Austria, Switzerland, etc.... I am saying this to say there is crime every where Do not let that stop you from having life....

Peace
www.myspace.com/dexterbfriday

last time i checked boss u were laughing at my post...
all i did was take a very serious crime situation and joked about it while giving what i thought was some good advice to a foreigner who said him and wife were planning on visiting T&T..

you are more than welcome do be disappointed with me..
please note that i told polished hoe the same thing..i'd recommend de man and his wife visit after our beautiful country gets a purge from the shit that's going on in it right now..
 never did i say T&T or try to paint T&T as the worst place in the world...

every country has it's crime issues..even here in canada/toronto(ranked 3rd safest country/city in de world)bodies dropping left right and center...

i'm a young man that grew up in and around the crime element in two of T&T's toughest areas (behind the bridge,cocorite) and was fortunate to escape that and have 1st hand association and behind the scenes of that same element due to the fact that alot of peers i grew up with are still in it..and the way some of these think/act think i sometimes don't want to be around it...so knowing all this and more...i should send a total stranger to place where they could potentially have a encounter with one of these individuals..not just from the areas i mentioned but anywhere in the country..
i'd tell you the same if you were cartman...

maybe around 2000-2003 i would recommend him to go..but..now..especially as a foreigner..i'll repeat what i told him earlier..

« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 04:22:30 PM by #8 »

Offline #8

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2007, 04:33:08 PM »
so hoe..tourist have to get rob,rape and kill everyday..for you to admit that we ranking up dey as far as rest of de islands around we...do yuh research..check de stats and calculate de amount of cases over de last four years and compare dem fadder..

for a man who know what does be goin on behind de scenes...doh insult meh intelligence nah man...

and what i was saying about de gopaul and sepaul luck thing was that de same experience(s) you might have when home a FOREIGNER may not have..and with a FOREIGNER those chances of that experience being bad(given our country's present crime state) is 10 times higher than a local/foreign based with trini roots/links etc.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 04:38:26 PM by #8 »

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2007, 04:38:08 PM »
so hoe..tourist have to get rob,rape and kill everyday..for you to admit that we ranking up dey as far as rest of de islands around we...check de stats fadder..

is like yuh want me to dry snitch(give yuh behind de scenes facts subliminally) about what does be goin on inside dem guest houses, hotels..with we same locals and dey behaviour towards foreigners...just pm meh

and what i was saying about de gopaul and sepaul luck thing was that de same experience(s) you might have when home a FOREIGNER may not have..and with a FOREIGNER those chances of that experience being bad(given our country's present crime state) is 10 times higher than a local/foreign based with trini roots/links etc.
i argree that we have problems. i ask for stats.
and as to rest ahislands around we.. we worse than most but not as bad as all .
all i saying is how u present it. doh make trini out to be like bagdad for torusits. wey poeple gettign kidnaped n murdered. aand before u amke ah scarstic remark it aint liek bagdad

let me go look for stats yes appease mehs elf cause ah know none forth coming.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2007, 04:42:36 PM »
aint it ironic....the british advising thier citizens about tobago more than trinidad...see when allyuh eh know what allyuh talking bout.
look
ah link
http://www.fco.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1007029390590&a=KCountryAdvice&aid=1013618386523

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2007, 04:48:41 PM »

I know T&T beautiful, and I would love to tell Cartman he have nothing to be concerned about.. but trying to evade de reality by 'explaining' the crime and who is at risk is just making more excuses.

lemme ask u something grandenow i eh being silly/ or trite i serious...when last u been to trini??
 i met a candian woman on the plane while i was going to trini recently....she always goes to trini because she has 2 nephews there. she goes almost every yr and as she pusi it..'once u move smart and be careful trinidad is a beautiful place and she will continue going." ( and  i am sure she been to more places in trini than half ah we in here

i also have 2 british frens (female) who swear that they going to move tobago. one was mugged in tobago long before the cime situation got bad back in de ealry 90's n she still goes even up to this day.

if trinidad was sooooooooooo bad that tourists have to stop going altogether as u guys making it seem y do cruise ships continue to go there all d e time.
every single day i was in  port of spain while i was there it had a cruise ship in port of spain.

reality and a far removed perception of what relaity is (borne out of frustration, pessemisim and lack of being in trinidad) is  two differnt things

jamacians will always admit jam down is pressure but yet thye never seem to fight they country down  instead for them dais de best place on earth,, will u send ah tourists to jungle in kinston eh heh?
same way if they keep dme sleve soutta de real bad places the opportunity for getting attacked is greatly reduced as for me or u.

y cant trourists just stay in a hotel/ resort in tobago is that th esame thign u suggest as in jamacia?

trinidad not paradise lost yet.  and besdes When things get back better all de people who would quicker run away or fight down is de first ones to run back.
 if people is true trini is time we actually stop jus sighing and moaing and DO somin. other wise u would jus be a naysayer.
ah member of this forum has a saying " are you useful.... everyone can have an opnion" 

dais my opnion.

Hoe I understand is yuh opinion yuh giving, I doing de same thing myself. Last time I was in Trini was 2005.

I want to know if you say "you can go anywhere and if you in de wrong place you eh go be safe", den where exactly is de right place to be?

Dem two little children who get shot were in dey HOUSE

De Commissiongs get kill in Cascade in their HOUSE

The woman Police officer and her family get kill in dey HOUSE

Naipaul-Coolman get kidnap in she HOUSE

breds ppl getting shot, rape, kidnap on they way to and from home and work. What you mean if yuh in de 'wrong place'? Where dat is?? Tell all dem victims what you just tell meh nah, see what they tell yuh.

Breds Trinidad is a small country with a setta money and it shouldn't be so. When people getting kill every day fuh de yeaar so far, something 4king wrong. Why I have to go with the mentality that I have to move smart and be careful - what kinda advice is that self for a tourist like Cartman?

« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 04:53:57 PM by Grande man »

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2007, 04:56:07 PM »

dais my opnion.

Hoe I understand is yuh opinion yuh giving, I doing de same thing myself. Last time I was in Trini was 2005.

I really want to know if you say "you can go anywhere and if you in de wrong place you eh go be safe", den where exactly is de right place to be?

Dem two little children who get shot were in dey HOUSE

De Commissiongs get kill in Cascade in their HOUSE

The woman Police officer and her family get kill in dey HOUSE

Naipaul-Coolman get kidnap in she HOUSE

breds ppl getting shot, rape, kidnap on they way to and from home and work. What you mean if yuh in de 'wrong place'? Tell all dem victims what you just tell meh nah see what they tell yuh.

Breds Trinidad is a small country with a setta money and when people getting kill every day fuh de yeaar so far, something 4king wrong. Why I have to go with the mentality that I have to move smart and be careful - what kinda advice is that self for a tourist like Cartman?

in context...which one of yuh examples is a tourist?
as i mentioned before most of the crimes is gang related or kinappings( using your examples ).
yes it have crime, yes it have crime agaisnt tourists, yes  i been reading for de past 15 mins..no embassy eh tell they tourists not to go to de country talk done. as i the link i hit allyuh up shows(even i was wrong) it is more dangerous for tourists in tobago than tirnidad..go figure  ::)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2007, 05:16:54 PM »
just to show you how serious this is
just today a young forumite started a thread about a misfortune he experienced
a few people cautioned him to be VERY careful about what he says on here as it MIGHT backfire on him
If fellow forumites are concerned enough to caution him there must be a problem.
so my advice is that Everyone should be very careful
local and Tourist
JMHO
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 09:50:07 PM by WestCoastTrini »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>