May 22, 2024, 03:04:35 AM

Author Topic: Interview with Wim on I-95.5fm on NOW  (Read 5031 times)

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Interview with Wim on I-95.5fm on NOW
« on: October 14, 2006, 04:20:57 PM »
For those who missed it (Like ME) the first time, Andre Baptiste's interview with the national coach is on again tonight

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Interview with Wim on I-95.5fm on NOW
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2006, 04:26:41 PM »
Thank u very much brian

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

TrinInfinite

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2006, 05:06:00 PM »
how it went, i believe i am too late...

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2006, 05:11:32 PM »
It is a re-play of the interview 3wks ago
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline rocwell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2006, 05:12:29 PM »
and it's still going on

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2006, 05:16:58 PM »
Thank You!!!
TnT Patriot

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2006, 05:23:40 PM »
Once they eh replay Vidale etal we go be fine
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2006, 05:26:19 PM »
Is anybody recording ? I joined late.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2006, 05:35:03 PM »
i fine vidale talk sense, he talk reality, reality is that we will have mostly local players for the qualifying in the early rounds, we will get a max of 5-6 players, probably lawrence, sancho, stern, maybe edwards and maybe birchall, other than that it will be local based, if you look at the team from this wc qualifying, take a look at de line-up, you have limited foreign players, hopefully this time our players will come back.. but in terms of developing players i think vidale is also right bc these locals need to be up to the standard of the foreign based bc it makes our team stronger overall, instead of the local players being on a lower level, but after these 2 games, it was a good mixture of both local and foreign players, but in terms of the digicel and maybe the gold cup it will be mostly local...
« Last Edit: October 14, 2006, 05:44:06 PM by TrinInfinite »

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2006, 05:37:21 PM »
Gally made a claim that we would not be able to have the services of foreign-based players in the preliminary stages of qualification. Given this fact, we should have a local team in training all the time. Vidale said that we would have to qualify using mostly local players

This "fact" is debatable since having qualified for 2006 we will have only 1 preliminary round before entering the semi-final round of qualifying. (Please confirm if this applies to 2010)

In previous years at that stage we were able to get all our foreign players.

Offline rocwell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2006, 05:43:53 PM »
They're forgetting that WC qualifiers dates are on the international calendar, so our foreign based must be released.

It's both sad and funny to hear Gally say, one can become a top class coach by looking things up on the internet.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2006, 05:46:53 PM »
They're forgetting that WC qualifiers dates are on the international calendar, so our foreign based must be released.

It's both sad and funny to hear Gally say, one can become a top class coach by looking things up on the internet.

what needs to be said is that we need our local style of play with foreign training and drills, formations, structure, technique, but natural trinidad skill, lookin tings on the internet is not enough, that was juss rediculous...

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2006, 05:52:55 PM »
For the 2002 qualifiers we had to play 3 preliminary rounds( we got our foreign pros for the 3rd round against Haiti). For we played 1 round against the Dominican Republic and we got our foreign pros.

Next qualifying series, we should have only one preliminary round which will definately be a FIFA date. The rationale is flawed. We will have our players.

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2006, 06:07:13 PM »
Some good points are being made but the overall tenor of the converastion is one of bitterness. Gally against foreign coaches but with no well thought out reasoning. They need to stop bitching and start thinking about how they can assist in getting us where we need to be.
TnT Patriot

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2006, 07:21:23 PM »
and I repeat if the local players are not up to par or can come better than the foreign based then they cant be picked. This thing we have about at leat having some kinda quota for the locally based players...later for that. Work on yuh game and get fit.....and another thing we does get caught up in this style ting....playing Trinibago style football what is dat and when we play it, where has it gotten us?

TrinInfinite

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2006, 07:33:41 PM »
and I repeat if the local players are not up to par or can come better than the foreign based then they cant be picked. This thing we have about at leat having some kinda quota for the locally based players...later for that. Work on yuh game and get fit.....and another thing we does get caught up in this style ting....playing Trinibago style football what is dat and when we play it, where has it gotten us?

how you judging if the foreigns better? why should we have a cap on locals? werent all these foreign based locals at one point? how could you judge our locals by one game? dont you think they deserve to play a string of games and then judge and see if they up to it or not? the digicel will give them a good run and also the gold cup...

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2006, 07:53:57 PM »

how you judging if the foreigns better? why should we have a cap on locals? werent all these foreign based locals at one point? how could you judge our locals by one game? dont you think they deserve to play a string of games and then judge and see if they up to it or not? the digicel will give them a good run and also the gold cup...
If you saw any of the recent games including the one against Japan, you would have seen how far our Pro-League players are behind.

Only Jan Micheal Williams (GK) looks to be ready. Nigel Daniel deserves an honourable mention.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2006, 08:05:56 PM »
With two or three exceptions from the locals, the foreign-based are the best we have. That is a fact...we can't go with sentiment for big games like WC qualifiers. EVERY WC qualifier is a big game and in order to make the best of the qualifying games we have to send our best. Even Brazil does send for their foreign big guns in early WC qualifiers. We entitled to use them on FIFA dates and we should make dat a priority if we want to see 2010.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2006, 08:28:20 PM »
After listening to the program for a while I realised a large chunk was actually a replay of a previous interview. After watching all 3 post-Germany games I am absolutely certain that Gally and Vidale are either a galaxy away from modern football and moreso the realities of T&T football.

I really don't know what this "local" fixation is about. The good local player of today is the foreign player of tommorow, end of story.

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2006, 10:18:40 PM »

Boss, you did not read or follow what I wrote. Yuh making assumptions...I did not say anything about any one game....yes they were locals at one point, but for the most part their game got progressively better...one more time...if the local players are not up to par or can come better than the foreign based then they cant be picked....tiefing from Gol...The good local player of today is the foreign player of tommorow...
« Last Edit: October 14, 2006, 10:23:26 PM by Ent! »

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2006, 11:26:53 AM »
I listened to this interview carefully and all i heard was 3 amateur men wasting down everything that is professional.

Gally, Vidale and Butcher all have their own agenda!!

I never hear so much shit in my life before.  Making statements that "it have local coaches in Trinidad who are just as qualified and experienced as 'wha he name'....Wim"

Andre Baptiste like too much bacchanal.  I'm sure he was laughing in his mind when those fellas were talking.

They should ban Gally and them from the radio. 

ah love it!!

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2006, 01:32:52 PM »
These 3 guys are the worst possible combination to criticise other coaches.

Local coaches developing local players into first class players is a long shot. I am not saying it cannot happen, but it's a kind of one in a milion scenario. Local coaches need to invest in themselves to get up to the next level.

It's both sad and funny to hear Gally say, one can become a top class coach by looking things up on the internet

This statement from Gally shows where these coaches at. They believe that getting some drills from MAN U academy or from the Spanish league and just letting the team practice with it will help. That's no good.  A coach don't just run drills because it looks good.

Local coaches still have not place a large enough emphasis on technical development of the youth player. We have coaches still teaching players to trap ball as oppose to receiving it.  Again I am endorsing the Dutch method in developing our young players.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2006, 06:45:51 PM »
The more I think about it the more dotish them men was sounding. It is about quality of coaching. They must be crazy to think that just because they local, they should get the job.

They only have to look as far as England. Look where the "Go Local" campaign get them. They in a mess with a shit coach and they only have themselves to blame.

When they take the initative and improve themselves legitemately (not on the net) then they will have a viable argument. The job must be based on merit not favors.
TnT Patriot

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2006, 06:45:13 AM »
Buggy Haynes was on the program too. I want to give respect to these men as past players but their thought processes are questionable to say the least.

He claimed that we need to have a local in charge because the Trini already understands the football lanscape here and relate with the mind of Trini players. Everything he said was correct on paper. But look at this. Denzil Theobald in conversation related by a friend said that apart from the organisation, one of best qualiies that Leo brought across was his ability to communicate with and motivate the players. This is a white man from Holland whose english vocabulary is fairly limited. He had what it took to inspire these men from the Caribbean to win under pressure.

Football is a professional activity exposed to all of the implications of globalisation. It simply doesn't make sense for a football nation like T&T to have a local coach simply because he is local. In any case the majority of the side ply their trade abroad and are exposed to a diversity of cultures on their respective teams. The preponderant quality is professionalism.

As I said before of these men want to prove that they a worthy to be national coach, they need to show that they have something to contribute. Most of them aren't even coaching Pro-League teams but they want to waste down established professionals. Steups

I don't want any Trini coaching the senior team for a few years. They need to prove themselves. I disagreed with some of the decisions Anton Corneal made with the U17s but he is in a much better position than all of them to take the seat.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2006, 10:35:23 AM »
What I believe is that these guys do not realise that T&T does not have a "style" of football. If you have to put your finger on a system of play, then one can argue that we play to play. The way we play do not generate success. It's a nice game to look at but, the end result was always wanting.

Hence the reason everyone celebrates Latapy, yet at the same time berate Stern, when, he is most successful at the game.

These guys have to accept that we need a plan, a guideline, some structure to our game. Beenhaker brought this to the table when none of them could not put forth an inkling as to which way is up, rather than the way to and/or through continuance. They need to stop bitching and start putting their head together to generate a viable means to ASSIST in the process and progress of Trinidad and Tobago Football.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2006, 10:48:01 AM »
the way Gally himself has been treated (like the comments after the 1989 game), he KNOWS who he should be REALLY be directing all his rage towards, But he knows that if he was to do that he would get BANNED from TTFF sanctioned Football, so the man have to come up with an alternative way to deal with his frustrations.
I hope all of you know what I mean.
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2006, 11:14:00 AM »
Or so is dispalced anger with Gally. I see
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Patterson

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2006, 11:18:38 AM »

i think yuh mean misplaced

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2006, 11:43:17 AM »

all of this is JMHO ok

you ent know that jack say it was Gally fault that we lorse against the USA in 1989 when EVERYONE knows is Jack fault when he OVERSELL the stadium.
Buh ya know maybe just maybe Jack did that to put the USA off their game but it did not work.

naaah...what am I thinking
Jack did it to make as much money as possible and to Hell with the people of TnT.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 11:47:39 AM by RedHowler »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2006, 11:48:21 AM »

RedHowler I feel is your fault and you just passing blame on Jack.

1]; } ?>