May 20, 2024, 08:52:00 PM

Author Topic: Stock Market Game  (Read 48498 times)

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
Re: Stock Market Game
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2008, 06:08:52 PM »
whaaayz.  :P... ah  miss de start ah de big tycoon game by a couple days

ah wonder if ricky and jumbie buy up more Bre-X stock  :devil:  :devil:

Bakes said that he will close entry at de end of de week ... so it not too late to ante up $100,000

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2008, 06:19:51 PM »
weys, is all this ah miss, steups...oh well ah will just watch and learn  ;D

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2008, 07:17:53 PM »
weys, is all this ah miss, steups...oh well ah will just watch and learn  ;D

Big Up!

Nah man, you, Dutty and Ricky should fall een man allyuh ent miss out on nutten yet.  Game just start yesterday so allyuh miss two days ah trading, but it still have man who ent spend ah dollar yet who still sitting on dey $100G normal.  De game running fuh ah whole month so still plenty trading ahead in the game.  Entry will remain open until market close on Friday, so allyuh should give it a try...no better way to learn but hands on.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2008, 07:58:17 PM »
....lawd ah lose 3 box ah KFC, ah case ah carib, 4 bottle ah maudy and ah downpayment on ah potiental honda oui... >:(

Sharks what dey neck ya put meh ein man >:(.....ah suppose to be winning :angel:
« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 08:00:46 PM by TriniCana »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 08, 2008, 09:14:11 PM »
....lawd ah lose 3 box ah KFC, ah case ah carib, 4 bottle ah maudy and ah downpayment on ah potiental honda oui... >:(

Sharks what dey neck ya put meh ein man >:(.....ah suppose to be winning :angel:
Allyuh playing conservative conservative...ah keep telling allyuh is house money allyuh playing wid  ;D

dcs...ah know yuh might be tempted tuh cash in Apple, but I'd hold onto it for a while if I were you...that stock has been trending steadily upwards the past 18 months, in a couple days you should recoup your money.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 09:21:36 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #65 on: January 08, 2008, 11:39:55 PM »
dcs...ah know yuh might be tempted tuh cash in Apple, but I'd hold onto it for a while if I were you...that stock has been trending steadily upwards the past 18 months, in a couple days you should recoup your money.

Yea unless the stock move for some genuine reason I won't pay too much attention to daily fluctuations.  I know that is your thing....buy and sell 100 times in a day   ;D

I wasn't so sure buying energy related stocks was a good idea but I like PetroBras and I heard about Fluor before I see them on Kramer list.  I buy apple cuz is apple and they looking strong sales and product release wise.
I put in my order to BuytoCover 16mins before the market close so it didn't go through.  I not sure if the order I put in will be executed when the market re-opens since I use "Until Cancelled" (ok just checked and I see the order there now).  Day trade have any advantage over the Until Cancelled (daytrade only good for that day?)

Anyhow....it have this annual tech show going on where manufacturers show off new products...maybe Apple cud throw out something nice to get things moving.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2008, 10:01:43 AM »

Yea unless the stock move for some genuine reason I won't pay too much attention to daily fluctuations.  I know that is your thing....buy and sell 100 times in a day   ;D

I wasn't so sure buying energy related stocks was a good idea but I like PetroBras and I heard about Fluor before I see them on Kramer list.  I buy apple cuz is apple and they looking strong sales and product release wise.
I put in my order to BuytoCover 16mins before the market close so it didn't go through.  I not sure if the order I put in will be executed when the market re-opens since I use "Until Cancelled" (ok just checked and I see the order there now).  Day trade have any advantage over the Until Cancelled (daytrade only good for that day?)

Anyhow....it have this annual tech show going on where manufacturers show off new products...maybe Apple cud throw out something nice to get things moving.

Yeah man the CES...haven't heard of anything in the pipeline from Apple...no buzz nothing, so I doubt there'll be any product releases.  Last year Apple started the year slow and finished with a bang...on the strength of the June Iphone release of course. 

Lol@ "buy and sell 100 times"....well since is only 31 days we have yuh have to make hay while de sun shining.  I do have time to plant seed water it and siddung and watch it grow, lol

Day orders...not sure if there are any advantages, which is why I never use it.  The main difference is that Day orders don't cancel until the market closes...so if you put a Buy to Cover order, when the market closes at 4:00 pm, that order will cancel.

Your order placed 16 mins before the market close will still execute after the market closes because there's still after-hours trading taking place.  If you still see your order there my guess is that the activation price had not been reached by the time you checked.

truetrini

« Reply #67 on: January 09, 2008, 11:30:49 AM »
man ah ake ah mitake..ah wanted to short sell mbia stock and and instead ah buy de damn ting long term and loss money steups.....pay attention to yuh orders....ah lost 5% GAIN cuz ah dat   :rotfl:

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 09, 2008, 11:37:16 AM »
man ah ake ah mitake..ah wanted to short sell mbia stock and and instead ah buy de damn ting long term and loss money steups.....pay attention to yuh orders....ah lost 5% GAIN cuz ah dat   :rotfl:
eh ???
please explain
tanks
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 11:39:02 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 09, 2008, 11:46:02 AM »

Lol...I watching dat whole morning and saying.."this man would be cleaning up if he wasn't betting against heself" lol.  I spot it as ah mistake too...remember one ah de first things ah say is review yuh orders carefully, lol.

Been there.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 09, 2008, 11:49:00 AM »
eh ???
please explain
tanks
Go back to de whole discussion yesterday about short selling.  Jack shorted 1,500 shares of MBI and as the price continued to drop we has making money.  Flushed with cash he decide to double his investment by shorting another 1,5000 shares...tuh double the amount of money he would make from the falling stock...except instead of choosing 'Short', he fuhget that it defaults to 'Buy'...so he end up buying 1,500 shares instead.  Therefore fuh every dollar he made on that one stock thereafter, he lost ah dollar.  Cost him over $2,000 thus far.

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 09, 2008, 11:55:47 AM »
Oneshot too bad you ent short that stock you riding
you would have win easy easy  :rotfl:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 09, 2008, 11:57:53 AM »
Oneshot too bad you ent short that stock you riding
you would have win easy easy  :rotfl:

Yuh see it! lol

I think Oneshot give up oui  :rotfl:

ah juss send him ah PM earlier offering tuh reset he portfolio...poor fella, but he made mih ah rich man yesterday.

Somebody need tuh wake up Feliziano too man...he getting rape by AKNS, lol

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 09, 2008, 12:00:19 PM »
so all dem stock dat I just sold
can I go back and short sell dem now that I know there going down in value?
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline E-man

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #74 on: January 09, 2008, 12:25:15 PM »

Yeah man the CES...haven't heard of anything in the pipeline from Apple...no buzz nothing, so I doubt there'll be any product releases.  Last year Apple started the year slow and finished with a bang...on the strength of the June Iphone release of course. 

Apple usually does not announce too much at CES. They have MacWorld coming up on Jan 14-18 when they should have any new products. If they announce something good the stock will usually jump.
They have announced in the past couple days a few upgrades like a better Xserve (2 times faster) and an 8 core Mac pro.

truetrini

« Reply #75 on: January 09, 2008, 12:27:07 PM »
it does take long to execute dem sales boy...is over 30 minutes i trying to sell stock...in de mean time i losing money   steups

truetrini

« Reply #76 on: January 09, 2008, 12:29:59 PM »
shit Lorse about 10,000 because ah errors and moving too slow, day trading does take up plenty time oui.

Offline E-man

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #77 on: January 09, 2008, 12:37:04 PM »
shit Lorse about 10,000 because ah errors and moving too slow, day trading does take up plenty time oui.

They delay it because otherwise people with access to a live ticker would have an unfair advantage. I think the ticker in the game is delayed 20 minutes.

truetrini

« Reply #78 on: January 09, 2008, 12:41:31 PM »
more like 35 so far

truetrini

« Reply #79 on: January 09, 2008, 12:44:50 PM »
can someone please explain the sell short routine better.

i mean how do you sell/cash in your sell short stock.?

Offline E-man

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #80 on: January 09, 2008, 01:01:23 PM »

Use the "Buy to Cover" order and buy the number of shares you sold short if you want to cash out all of it.

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 09, 2008, 01:56:05 PM »
hey bakes
does the game take into consideration real market depth or can you just dump your shares at the currant bid and get it all at that price?
also i wish i found a real brokerage that charged commissions like that  :devil:

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #82 on: January 09, 2008, 01:59:30 PM »

Use the "Buy to Cover" order and buy the number of shares you sold short if you want to cash out all of it.

I Sold Short on Garmin at $84....after that transaction went through I put in a Buy to Cover with a Limit of $70.  Garmin did continue going down and the transaction ended up executing at $69 after it dipped below the $70 limit.
It was only an experiment so I made about $130 after the fees on the $840 I had put out initially (10 shares).

Which stock allyuh think going and keep falling   :devil:

Offline E-man

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #83 on: January 09, 2008, 02:02:19 PM »

I tried shorting TASR earlier, but it is getting a bounce this afternoon - Don't tase me bro!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 09, 2008, 04:55:55 PM »
Apple usually does not announce too much at CES. They have MacWorld coming up on Jan 14-18 when they should have any new products. If they announce something good the stock will usually jump.
They have announced in the past couple days a few upgrades like a better Xserve (2 times faster) and an 8 core Mac pro.

Oh okay...I never really followed their releases too much in the past, but I'm sure you're right because all of their recent big releases have come at MacWorld...didn't realize that MacWorld was annual, so saving releases until then makes sense.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 09, 2008, 04:57:16 PM »
more like 35 so far

There was a glitch in the matrix today...my one and only issue with the VSE trader, every now and then you need to come ready to trade with yuh jar ah Vaseline, lol.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 09, 2008, 05:01:04 PM »

...or better yet, how do you cash out  ;)

Well like Kicker say, you borrow (Sell Short) 10 shares from the broker/brokerage...and later you return those same 10 shares (by Buying to Cover the same amount) to the broker.  That's basically it in a nutshell.

However when you Short, you do so with the expectation that the price per share will fall, so you borrow the shares and sell them on the open market.  Once the price falls you buy the shares back and return them to the broker.  You sold the borrowed shares at one price and bought them back at a lower price to return.  You pocket the difference.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 09, 2008, 05:03:27 PM »
hey bakes
does the game take into consideration real market depth or can you just dump your shares at the currant bid and get it all at that price?
also i wish i found a real brokerage that charged commissions like that  :devil:
You know what, I'm not sure...but my guess is yes.  I know it factors in market volume as a limitor on the number of shares you may purchase, but I've never encountered any issues or limitations selling my shares.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 09, 2008, 05:06:44 PM »
I Sold Short on Garmin at $84....after that transaction went through I put in a Buy to Cover with a Limit of $70.  Garmin did continue going down and the transaction ended up executing at $69 after it dipped below the $70 limit.
It was only an experiment so I made about $130 after the fees on the $840 I had put out initially (10 shares).

Wheyyyy listen to allyuh men, lol

Man talking all kinda technical lingo and thing yuh'd swear he name was Michael Miliken or Gordon Gekko or sumting  ;D

lol...allyuh men finally seeing whey de money is.  Far easier for me to predict a falling stock than a rising one.  Here's a clue..."PUMP AND DUMP"

Won't tell allyuh what it mean (those of you who don't already know) but try and understand that concept and it will go a long way to helping you predict which stocks may be primed for a fall.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 09, 2008, 08:38:53 PM »
so all dem stock dat I just sold
can I go back and short sell dem now that I know there going down in value?
anyone have an answer for me yet? ;)
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>