May 06, 2024, 11:37:04 PM

Author Topic: Darrel Brown (PB 9.99) & former 100m WJR Holder Aug 2003 to June 2014 @10.01  (Read 120802 times)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Darrel Brown
« Reply #150 on: December 19, 2008, 06:30:57 PM »
I remember O'Bannon. he had a superb final!!!!

Offline fLaSh

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 19, 2008, 09:08:04 PM »
What is the latest information on Darrel Brown, is he still out for the entire 2009 or has he recovered faster than expected. I know the critics have written him off but I still believe that he is the only runner that is capable of catching bolt . Once he remains healthy and get over his mental block. All Kudo's to richard and Marc Burns but I still believed that Darrel is our most talented sprinter ever , hope he remains fit to prove me right.

I was never aware of Darrel being out for all of 2009. I was always under the impression he'd be back next year. And no...I don't think he has a chance at catching Bolt at this point. The game has changed...I think 6'2" frames like Torpedo and Burns stand a much better chance
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 09:34:04 PM by fLaSh »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 19, 2008, 09:25:56 PM »
I tired ah DB I eh go lie. IZZZZZZZZZ ALWAYSSSSSSSSSS SOMEEEEEEEEEETHINGGGGGGGGGG.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 20, 2008, 12:36:27 PM »
What is the latest information on Darrel Brown, is he still out for the entire 2009 or has he recovered faster than expected. I know the critics have written him off but I still believe that he is the only runner that is capable of catching bolt . Once he remains healthy and get over his mental block. All Kudo's to richard and Marc Burns but I still believed that Darrel is our most talented sprinter ever , hope he remains fit to prove me right.

I was never aware of Darrel being out for all of 2009. I was always under the impression he'd be back next year. And no...I don't think he has a chance at catching Bolt at this point. The game has changed...I think 6'2" frames like Torpedo and Burns stand a much better chance

A fit brown would have won a medal  in china i am  sure about it .....injuries have plagued bolts career also but he seems to have overcome them  ... Brown has the talent all he needs to do is get fit and run injury free for one season then take it from there . His mistake was to go with rolle ...   Ato  is just  putting up a "front" that yeah he was just a good junior athlete who cannot cut it at senior  but deep down he know thats not the case

Brown for 200 m in 2009
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 20, 2008, 02:25:57 PM »

A fit brown would have won a medal  in china i am  sure about it .....injuries have plagued bolts career also but he seems to have overcome them  ... Brown has the talent all he needs to do is get fit and run injury free for one season then take it from there . His mistake was to go with rolle ...   Ato  is just  putting up a "front" that yeah he was just a good junior athlete who cannot cut it at senior  but deep down he know thats not the case

Brown for 200 m in 2009

That seems to be a serious challenge for him, not sure why, but the data suggests so
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 20, 2008, 02:54:31 PM »
Talent is a very interesting thing in sports.  In track most who are junior champs or show loads of talent early don't go all the way, and its either from injury or just not being able to make it at the next level. That list is long and between the US and Jamaica are most of the names.

Happens in other sports of course, as well. I went to school with a guy named Ed O' Bannon who won the 1995 NCAA title with UCLA. He was then picked in the top five/ten in the NBA draft so you would think he would have had a great NBA career - he didn't - Out in I think 3 years and played in Europe.  Sells cars in Vegas now. Was he the most talented on that team? Easily....didn't matter. It never does. 

I was a big fan of this man when he was a Bruin.... i remember him comin in the NBA with Rasheed Wallace and Jerry Stackhouse.. anyway, after he get draft, he literally boil down like bageee and it was almost like the man forget how to play basketball altogether..after which he dissapear of the face of the earth.....

I hope DB does not end up like this man...
 ::)
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 20, 2008, 03:15:35 PM »
I never said he is a junior who can't cut it at senior level - please show me where I said that. I made a very general reference which u then applied to Darrel.

The truth is most prodigies don't even have the medal Darrel has from 2003 so try yuh best not to draw any individual conclusions from what I am saying...my point is talent at a young age is not a guarantee at the pro level.  Darrel has also been gone from Rolle for some time.

BORN TO DO IT

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 20, 2008, 08:09:56 PM »
Can anyone say anything about Darrel ? I am a big Brown fan but the injuries are making a doubter of me. I also realise that Brown has not reduced his times, even when fit, as some of the other runners have. I checked Thompson's last four years ..phenomenal ! many of the coaches who rejected him are calling him up now. Imagine he was a 10.65 runner going into college 4 years ago. Brown was running that maybe since he was 15 !
Brown has stayed at the 10.1 for too long ..something must be wrong !
I hope his operation is successful but will his muscles be able to withstand the pressure of today's times ?
He really is a joy to watch when he is fit.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 21, 2008, 08:10:12 AM »
Talent is a very interesting thing in sports.  In track most who are junior champs or show loads of talent early don't go all the way, and its either from injury or just not being able to make it at the next level. That list is long and between the US and Jamaica are most of the names.

Happens in other sports of course, as well. I went to school with a guy named Ed O' Bannon who won the 1995 NCAA title with UCLA. He was then picked in the top five/ten in the NBA draft so you would think he would have had a great NBA career - he didn't - Out in I think 3 years and played in Europe.  Sells cars in Vegas now. Was he the most talented on that team? Easily....didn't matter. It never does. 

I was a big fan of this man when he was a Bruin.... i remember him comin in the NBA with Rasheed Wallace and Jerry Stackhouse.. anyway, after he get draft, he literally boil down like bageee and it was almost like the man forget how to play basketball altogether..after which he dissapear of the face of the earth.....

I hope DB does not end up like this man...
 ::)

The only reason I remember that name is that was the first year for the toronto raptors. raps was supposed to take o' bannon in the draft,,, Management (Isiah Thomas) pick Stoudamire instead....people boo that short man for a week because they was expectin O'bannon

If I remember correctly he was consistently riddled with injuries, which is why dey pass on him

sellin cars in vegas eh?..well I hope is bentleys and not mazdas
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 21, 2008, 01:58:09 PM »

In all fairness he blew out his knee while in college and never was the same after that... injuries limited his effectiveness while with the Nets.

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 22, 2008, 05:04:27 PM »
Ato you still have not answered my question will he be competing in 2009 or not . I disagreed with some of your comments you made about richard anchoring. I still feel that darrel is the best on the anchor leg . Yes I saw what richard did in the olympics but I think that darrel marc would of done the same jobs the sprinters that he chased none were big names what were their time . I still think that the orderr should be burns then richard then bledman then brown. because i watch richard back straight runs for lsu , what was his split compare that to marc. Next how many big name runners has darrel brown caught over the years and name one person that has run pass darrel on the anchor leg.

Offline TriniItalian

• Sr. Warrior
  • Never Wait to Procrastinate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 22, 2008, 11:10:22 PM »
Ato you still have not answered my question will he be competing in 2009 or not . I disagreed with some of your comments you made about richard anchoring. I still feel that darrel is the best on the anchor leg . Yes I saw what richard did in the olympics but I think that darrel marc would of done the same jobs the sprinters that he chased none were big names what were their time . I still think that the orderr should be burns then richard then bledman then brown. because i watch richard back straight runs for lsu , what was his split compare that to marc. Next how many big name runners has darrel brown caught over the years and name one person that has run pass darrel on the anchor leg.

Horse this day and age you still picking teams from memory? The man is my favorite sprinter to WATCH but RT ACTUALLY performing all that shit about splits when was the last time DB run 9.8...? I'm sorry but but homeboy shoulda NEVER drop out of school to turn PRO NEVER!!! after track he not even qualified academically to do what AB doing now
A.W.A.T.T. INFORMANT

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 23, 2008, 03:50:38 AM »
I find it amazing that people still question my decision in April for Richard to anchor.....please name the anchor we have had in recent memory that has caught anyone......provide video evidence please....

Of all the things I called in 2008 - Thompson being our medalist and scaring the NR, Bolt 3 golds in Beijing, I think the relay was the biggest....so yeah I taking it to heart when now after our first olympic medal, men coming here to talk about almost and what if seriously??? WHY??....look I have nothing against Darrel I was the one campaigning for him to not be ignored in the whole relay euphoria back at home as some may recall, but I can be objective as an analyst.

Not because I am involved with Richard did I call his success before it happened, but because I know what to look for...simple as that.....like an F1 driver would know someone who has the tools and demeanor to be an F1 champion.....takes one to know one....

BORN TO DO IT

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 23, 2008, 05:51:56 AM »
So are u saying that you cant get it wrong. Everyone is entitled to their own decisions. Not because you were a f1 driver makes someone perfect in picking a next f1 driver. You made your decision and all kudo's but I also have my opinion. I may not be a f1 driver but that does not mean that my opinion holds no value . Sometimes the best opinion come from just a true fan who supports the sports and the country over all else . Sometimes passion and desire can beat all that experience . God works in mysterious ways .You will have facts to support your point and I will have facts to support mine.As to your video evidence that will be provided to you soon. It amazes me that you cant remember or recall anytime that darrel has reeled us back into placing after recieving the baton behind. You tube dont have the videos I am searching for as it only have the final posted . If you are talking about in a final then I will say only richard. But if it is in any relays we participated in I will have to say also Darrel.

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 23, 2008, 06:17:17 AM »
Can you please show me the articles where you saw that talent in richard before 2007 when he was a 10.25 sprinter . I find it hard to find those articles , the only article I found were the articles after he performed admirably at university. I have followed our athletes progress on trackshark for the last four years religiously looking at times and inprovement. If you had said he will be great when he was running 10.35 then I would of believe that you can spot talent . So it does not take an analsyst to spot talent and say he will be great after his times have already spoken to himself . Now you show me the evidence and prove me wrong .Any article clippings would be nice . PS. I also took the liberty to run throgh all the post on your website and none was found in the forum of you saying that , But I stand to be corrected and will be man enough to say I was wrong and give you my apology

Offline TriniItalian

• Sr. Warrior
  • Never Wait to Procrastinate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: December 23, 2008, 05:28:52 PM »
Can you please show me the articles where you saw that talent in richard before 2007 when he was a 10.25 sprinter . I find it hard to find those articles , the only article I found were the articles after he performed admirably at university. I have followed our athletes progress on trackshark for the last four years religiously looking at times and inprovement. If you had said he will be great when he was running 10.35 then I would of believe that you can spot talent . So it does not take an analsyst to spot talent and say he will be great after his times have already spoken to himself . Now you show me the evidence and prove me wrong .Any article clippings would be nice . PS. I also took the liberty to run throgh all the post on your website and none was found in the forum of you saying that , But I stand to be corrected and will be man enough to say I was wrong and give you my apology
Horse you sad you ask for answers but when they don't suit you defend your own
A.W.A.T.T. INFORMANT

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 23, 2008, 08:08:02 PM »
I am not saying I can't get it wrong I am saying someone who has been there will see things others will not. A glowing wrong I had in 2008 was Wariner over Merritt. The 400 is not really my event but I was sure Wariner would win evn after the up and down season.

Of course this is a discussion which is funny, since in 2001 I chose the team's order and put Darrel on anchor.  No youtube needed, that is verifiable, so it's not like I'm saying Darrel can't anchor. I am saying Darrel v Rich on any anchor now, Richard wins. Period.

As for when I "discovered" Richard well I didn't insinuate that. I noticed him first at Worlds last year, but while many people including those supposedly in the know were saying our best chances in 08 were with Darrel, I said Richard. One need look here on this site to see that, but that is besides the point - there is/was no contest to win.

I say Darrel on first and Richard anchor is how we go below 38.00 (provided he has come back to that level), and I say that the road ahead for ANY athlete who has been this often injured over the past 8 years is an almost impossible one.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 08:15:21 PM by A.B. »
BORN TO DO IT

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 29, 2008, 11:04:32 AM »
Interesting thought let us check for national this year , Thompson vs Brown , two teams two anchors , see if richard can chase down and catch brown or if brown can chase down and catch Richard , it will add a added spice to next year championship . So thereby it will rest the argument for once and for all , It will be a great showdown
.It can be Rondell Sorillo ,Marc Burns Aaron Armstrong ,Richard Thompson
vs Emmanuel Callendar, Keston Bledman , Rennie Quow , Darrel Brown

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 29, 2008, 03:09:29 PM »
Team A by 2 miles. One team has a quartermiler, the other has 3 of the starting 4 from TnTs world championship and olympic medal winning relay, as well as the 3rd and 8th ranked 100m sprinters in the world.

That is hardly a fair fight.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 03:13:21 PM by A.B. »
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 29, 2008, 10:39:13 PM »
Team A by 2 miles. One team has a quartermiler, the other has 3 of the starting 4 from TnTs world championship and olympic medal winning relay, as well as the 3rd and 8th ranked 100m sprinters in the world.

That is hardly a fair fight.

To play devil's advocate here.......
Callendar puts one meter at least on Sorillo on the first leg, Burns will pull even with Bledman by the 200m mark. Armstrong cyah run ah bend to save his life, but since Quow is an unknown, I say he puts a meter on Quow. Which will set-up the race perfectly. It will be the starter(RT) Vs. the finisher(Brown).

So it will be a fight ;D
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 12:41:12 AM by Aviator »
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 30, 2008, 12:45:41 AM »
Boy the lack of track knowledge here runneth over.  I out ah dis one.
BORN TO DO IT

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 30, 2008, 05:34:20 AM »
IF it is my lack of knowledge as some people put it, or stubborn ignorance , then what it is you all have to lose by trying it at national championship. Usually at national championship we have clubs running the 4x100m and it is not really a glamour event , why not spice it up. As by winning by two mile I think that you are a little bit misguided , I chose the second team because it is an unknown quantity of how fast they can go next year , I think callendar will be in the 10.04 region and bledman in the 9.98 region , Rennie Quow will be the unknown on the third leg ,and the last leg will be a greater unkown because to this day we still are not sure how fast darrel can really go. If team A win ,I will not be angry because it is good for Trinidad sprinting ,if Team B wins I will not show off because all I care about is the best for T&T . Some people may say that I am eccentric , Some may question my lack of knowledge ,Is not what important the best for our country and not our pride or our own self belief . I am not on a crusade for myself but for my country .For instance when I look at the development of Gavyn Nero I wonder the vision of the NAAA , what is the sense in having him compete in Carifta when there is no one there to give him competion , why not try to get him to compete in the African youth Games will that not benefit him better .

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 30, 2008, 07:12:16 AM »
Boy the lack of track knowledge here runneth over.  I out ah dis one.

It's a good discussion Ato ...... counter Aviator stats with what you think ......we wouldn't discuss it if we didn't wanna know .... whats your thoughts?

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 30, 2008, 11:10:32 AM »
Actually ato it each team has two of the four of the winning team as I can remember it was bledman , burns callendar and thompson. Armstrong as i can recall was injured . Would it not be fascinating to see. A lot can change in a year , so dont write off the B team so quickly as you dont know really what to expect from them in 2009. Plus heart counts for a lot and I can see the intensity in renny eyes to compete , so I am sure he will go down fighting . Ato you are the only one who can actually make it happen , you can convince the NAAA to try it at national championship.

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 30, 2008, 01:40:38 PM »
I decided to do a little research on my own to counter your argument. I am going to lis t the teams that we beat in the 4x100 m . Japan who we ran down and caught . First leg Naoki Tsukahara PB 10.15 2007 ans SB 10.16 2008 . Second leg Shingo Suetsugu PB 10.03 2003 and SB 10.55 2008. Third leg Shinjin Takahira PB SB 10.29 2008. Anchor leg Nobuhara Ashara PB 10.02 2001 and 10.17 2008. Brazil first leg Vincent De Lima PB 10.13 2004 SB 10.26 2008. Second leg Sandro Viana PB SB 10.19 2008. Third leg Bruno de Barros PB SB 10.22 2008 . Anchor leg Jose Carlos Moreira PB 10.16 2007 and 10.25 2008. So the achor legs had season best of 10.17 and 10.25 while richard has a SB 9.89 . They recieved the baton say 0.05 seconds between them, I am not taking anything from RT run .But I dont think it is that spectacular as you put it out to be .We beat Japan by .01 so from the stats from their time for this to be a spectacular run as you claim then he would have to get the baton about .30 seconds after japan .Bledman PB 10.14 2007 Sb 10.18 2008 Burns PB 9.96 2005 SB 9.97 2008 Callendar 10.17 2008 and RT 9.89 2008. So us coming second was what was expected anything else i would be sorely disappointed

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 30, 2008, 08:20:57 PM »
Marc Burns Aaron Armstrong ,Richard Thompson and Darrel Brown are the A team.
BORN TO DO IT

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 30, 2008, 11:27:24 PM »
Marc Burns Aaron Armstrong ,Richard Thompson and Darrel Brown are the A team.
that is de order they runnin or yuh put them random.any which way is ah bomb squad.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 31, 2008, 10:48:25 AM »
Ato is it true that speed matures at full three quarters around a bend any faster control is lost.
Secondly 400m runners do they not concentrate on stride frequency.
The attributes that make stride frequency a good asset appear to be the ingredients of good turn running.
Core strength. Control. Stride tracking and stride recovery.

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 31, 2008, 10:50:33 AM »
I don't think any of this is about the relay at nationals/improving. This is about your Quow theory, which I think is not an improvement although I don't think it would be the end of the world in a real world emergency situation, but do I think Quow on a relay in place of any of the ones we have seen so far would improve us - absolutely not, and that's why we disagree.  If I cite my experience or knowledge in the sport I will be accused of being a know it all so I'll just say I know what I know, and every theory isn't necessarily a correct one.

All this nationals stuff is not happening, and what some seem to think is my influence in the NAAA and what it really is is night and day. I pick my spots and wait for things that I think are really important like my recommendation to move Darrel from anchor to first and Richard to anchor.

I certainly will not be asking for 400m runners whose sprint capacities I don't think warrant a 4x100 spot, to be included to disprove some message board theory.
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 31, 2008, 11:07:39 AM »
Marc Burns Aaron Armstrong Emmanuel Callendar ,Richard Thompson and Darrel Brown are the A team.

Armstrong might be a vet, but his place is lost as far as I am concerned. His curve running the his two rounds of the deuce and the heat of the relay wasn't too hot. I can't see him running a bend faster than Callendar, who split 9.28 having to slow down to complete the changeover safely.
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

1]; } ?>