May 07, 2024, 11:58:34 AM

Author Topic: Boucaud , Norville  (Read 3758 times)

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Boucaud , Norville
« on: January 07, 2009, 10:20:21 AM »
I am surprised that no pro league sides never try to bring these youth back to trinidad, they are playing conference footbal in England , Why they will be keen to come , because it is their best chance of impressing the national selectors . Both guys had short stints with the national team , norville  has beem hit by a lot of injuries that has hampered his development, Boucaud seems to have a good touch and may end up being a good central midfielder . Just a suggestion for the pro league clubs. Plus if they do well you also have the opportunity to cash in nicely as they have dual citizenship and it will make it easy for them to sign for a english club , you can make a killing in transfer fee, But that depends if our pro league coaches are confident that they can get them back to their best.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Boucaud , Norville
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 10:28:21 AM »
well norville is not with any club
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 11:48:24 AM »
I have no idea why Boucaud has jus been ignored by T&T. IMO apart from Daniel, Latas and Yorke there are no significantly better central midfield players eligible fuh the national squad. Ah have made meh feelings known many times in the past. As fuh coming to T&T to play fuh ah Pro-League Team.... :rotfl: No way! Maybe if his career in the UK came to a complete standstill. But then he would still have better options in the US if he had to cross the Atlantic There have players in the Blue Sq making a fairly decent wage £15K-£20K a year. Ah doh know the going rate in the pro-league but I find it hard to believe they could match even Conference wages.

Norville (regardless of injuries) was playing mess fuh the last two seasons he play pro-ball. So I understand why he is unattached at the moment and why T&T cyah be bothered. As he plays as a Striker mainly, to have a lookin anytime soon with the national side he would need to be at least a Championship baller. Currently he has a looooonnnggg way to go to get there. I guess if he desperate & cyah make money any other way, ah jaunt down to T&T wouldn't harm him.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 12:26:02 PM »
Good idea !!!!
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 01:36:46 PM »
What I am getting at is if they really want to get a chance to represent trinidad as they are ignored while playing in the conference . Come back home , it might mean less money but it helps u to fulfill your dreams . Because I believe that if they are good enough they will stand out among the others and try to get a local pick because they not getting pick as a foreign base , Rick shakes is also another one they can look at . As for norville , sometimes when u pick up getting injuries it out u off of rhthym and it is just for u to get back confidence . He was a highly rated youngster who has fallen off , 25 yrs is too young to write him off . Who knows sometimes a different scene gves u a different results

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009, 03:08:24 PM »
BUT...plenty ppl who seem to be good enuff and right dey, does get overlooked, so wha go make dem different, dey accent ? :D.....wait, sorry, yuh mean if dem runout for JP...what if they get pressure with the  pay, the heat, the crime, the food, miss dey family an frens, an still doh make the Natl team....or make the Natl team an doh get pay...an doesn't transfer fees work both ways ?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Norville on trial with Gillingham
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010, 07:10:06 AM »
well norville is not with any club

Andy Hessenthaler to decide on fate of Gillingham trialists Stanley Aborah, Jason Norville and Darren Lough
by Luke Cawdell

Gillingham boss Andy Hessenthaler will announce his intentions towards trialists Stanley Aborah, Jason Norville and Darren Lough this week after speaking to them at the weekend.

Belgium-based Aborah is staying in England temporarily, while former Watford forward Jason Norville and full-back Lough, who played most recently for Newcastle United reserves, were all hoping to extend their stay at Gillingham permanently.

Hessenthaler could still use the trio on Tuesday’s friendly match at Faversham, but knows he needs to make a decision on them soon.

He spoke to the trio after Saturday’s game at Croydon Athletic.

Talking about former team-mate Norville, Hessenthaler said: "I have known him since my Barnet days. He’s been plagued by a lot of injuries and I’ve told him to come here and get his fitness levels up and get a few games under his belt and you never know.

"He did well on Saturday but we will have to wait and see on him."

Aborah is coming back from an 18-months on the sidelines with a groin injury.

"He can’t last the game at the moment but it was a difficult pitch for him (on Saturday) and it was a test to see what he was like on maybe an Accrington Stanley type pitch, no disrespect. Some pitches away from home would be like that and it was a test and I thought he did fine.

"His levels of fitness is down, but he is staying with us at the moment. There is no commitment yet but he is staying with us because he is over here for a certain period of time. We’ll have him in training."

Hessenthaler did admit there was some things of Aborah’s game that still need improving.

"Offensively he can be exciting but defensively he can be a bit of a hindrance at times," he said.

"We need to teach him that if he does stay."

The chance of Lough winning a deal was less likely.

"He did well (on Saturday) but is he any better than what we have?" said Hessenthaler.

"When you bring players in they need to be better than what you’ve got. You just have to say no to them. I will have a chat with him and see where we go."
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2010, 08:50:53 AM »
never understood why Boucaud was discarded.hope Latapy does read this forum

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2010, 11:21:07 AM »
What I am getting at is if they really want to get a chance to represent trinidad as they are ignored while playing in the conference . Come back home , it might mean less money but it helps u to fulfill your dreams . Because I believe that if they are good enough they will stand out among the others and try to get a local pick because they not getting pick as a foreign base , Rick shakes is also another one they can look at . As for norville , sometimes when u pick up getting injuries it out u off of rhthym and it is just for u to get back confidence . He was a highly rated youngster who has fallen off , 25 yrs is too young to write him off . Who knows sometimes a different scene gves u a different results

but bless your goal as a professional baller is to make a lil money the benefits derived from going to a lesser league making less money to get the selectors of TT national team to give you a pick is well almost suicidal...

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2010, 01:48:00 PM »
Bring back? I believe they are both English.
Hart for president

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2010, 02:00:44 PM »
Bring back? I believe they are both English.

Norville born in T&T

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2010, 03:23:20 PM »
I don't think Norville will get offered a contract, he didn't play in Gillingham's friendly yesterday.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2010, 06:40:49 PM »
The fact of the matter remains that the goal is to put food on the table...No one is going to leave England or even non league teams that could pay maybe 2000 pounds a month to come Trinidad and fight up day in and day out for 6-7000 a month...It just isn't happening...If you need to leave England to come and play Pro League the least of your worries is International Caps...These players don't need the international caps to continue plying their trade..!!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Andy Hessenthaler plays down Jason Norville link with Gillingham
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2010, 05:44:36 AM »
I don't think Norville will get offered a contract, he didn't play in Gillingham's friendly yesterday.

Andy Hessenthaler plays down Jason Norville link with Gillingham
kentonline.co.uk

Andy Hessenthaler has ruled out making a move for former Watford striker Jason Norville.

Norville appeared for Gillingham in their Combination League reserve draw at Brighton on Wednesday night and has also featured in a number of pre-season matches throughout the summer.

Manager Hessenthaler admits, however, he has no money to offer his former team-mate.

"I have said to him there is nothing in the budget for us to take another striker," said Hessenthaler.

"We are helping to put him in the shop window and he gives us another body."

Norville limped off after just 30 minutes of the goalless draw against the Seagulls’ second string, being replaced by George Humber.

Jack Parter sliced a clearance against his own post and Gary Hart also struck a post before the interval as the Gills were put under long spells of pressure.

Jack Evans was forced to clear a header off the line in the second half and despite Luke Rooney going close to an unlikely winner late on, Brighton struck the woodwork for the third time in the dying seconds when Jake Caskey hit the bar.

The only Gills first-team players to appear were Lance Cronin, Connor Essam, Rooney and Andrew White as Hessenthaler was stuggling for numbers due to injuries.

Hessenthaler, whose son Jake came on as a second-half substitute, said: "We have probably got the youngest reserve team in history. It’s all kids."

Gills: Cronin, Evans, Essam, Davies, Parter (J Hare, 80mins), A Brown, Rooney, J Brown (J Hessenthaler, 48mins), White, Norville (Humber, 30mins), Benniman. Subs not used: Nyafli, Hawkes.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2010, 10:37:22 AM »
Dover Athletic boss Martin Hayes swoops to sign Jason Norville
kentonline.co.uk

Dover boss Martin Hayes has swooped to sign ex-Football League hitman Jason Norville, who had been on trial with Gillingham.

The 27-year-old former Watford and Barnet striker, from Trinidad & Tobago, was on trial with Andy Hessenthaler's side but sustained an injury in a reserve team outing six weeks ago and has not been offered terms by his former Bees team-mate.

Hayes said: "He comes highly recommended and has good pedigree, having been a full-time pro for some years.

"Jason knows a few of our former Barnet contingent, having been at Underhill, and he should be a good fit here.

"We were made aware of his situation at Gillingham. They were not able to offer him anything, which has worked out nicely for us."

Norwood [sic] has also played for Woking, Wealdstone and Welwyn Garden City.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 11:31:25 AM by E-man »

Offline Conquering Lion

• Tell me how can a man who doh know his roots form his own ideology?
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2010, 10:41:59 AM »
never understood why Boucaud was discarded.hope Latapy does read this forum

....especially de fire latapy thread....  ;D
We fire de old set ah managers we had wukkin..and iz ah new group we went and we bring in. And if the goods we require de new managers not supplying, when election time come back round iz new ones we bringin. For iz one ting about my people I can guarantee..They will never ever vote party b4 country

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2010, 10:56:34 AM »
I am surprised that no pro league sides never try to bring these youth back to trinidad, they are playing conference footbal in England , Why they will be keen to come , because it is their best chance of impressing the national selectors . Both guys had short stints with the national team , norville  has beem hit by a lot of injuries that has hampered his development, Boucaud seems to have a good touch and may end up being a good central midfielder . Just a suggestion for the pro league clubs. Plus if they do well you also have the opportunity to cash in nicely as they have dual citizenship and it will make it easy for them to sign for a english club , you can make a killing in transfer fee, But that depends if our pro league coaches are confident that they can get them back to their best.

You are assuming these guys willing to take a significant reduction in the STANDARD OF LIVING for themselves and family to move from a country like england to the caribbean where they will be earning peanuts compared to what they earn at the lowest level in England. T&T salaries cant even compare to the USL league in the US, nor many of the leagues in Central America. Guillermo "Pando" Ramirez, for instance, was reported to be earning US$8K per month playing for Municipal in the Guatemalan league.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2010, 11:08:53 AM »
Dover Athletic boss Martin Hayes swoops to sign Jason Norville
kentonline.co.uk

Dover boss Martin Hayes has swooped to sign ex-Football League hitman Jason Norville, who had been on trial with Gillingham.

The 27-year-old former Watford and Barnet striker, from Trinidad & Tobago, was on trial with Andy Hessenthaler's side but sustained an injury in a reserve team outing six weeks ago and has not been offered terms by his former Bees team-mate.

Hayes said: "He comes highly recommended and has good pedigree, having been a full-time pro for some years.

"Jason knows a few of our former Barnet contingent, having been at Underhill, and he should be a good fit here.

"We were made aware of his situation at Gillingham. They were not able to offer him anything, which has worked out nicely for us."

Norwood has also played for Woking, Wealdstone and Welwyn Garden City.

this guy has been so bad lucky with injuries
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2011, 11:18:23 AM »
Norville scored today against Boreham Wood

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ex-Hornets striker adds sting to lacklustre Stortford attack
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2011, 06:36:54 PM »
Ex-Hornets striker adds sting to lacklustre Stortford attack
By Alan Scott (Herts and Essex Observer)

FORMER Watford and Barnet striker Jason Norville could prove to be a real coup for Blues boss Mark Simpson – when he regains match fitness!

Norville, 26, scored on his debut against Boreham Wood last Saturday but only lasted a half and a hamstring injury – a telltale sign of lack of fitness in a footballer – ruled him out of Tuesday’s 1-1 draw with Weston-super-Mare.

The Trinidadian left Dover Athletic just over a fortnight ago.

He had played against Stortford for Gillingham in a pre-season friendly but was not offered a deal by the npower League Two club.

Simpson, searching for an experienced striker, was tipped off about his availability by centre-half Joe O’Cearuill and midfielder Chi Eberendu, who are both friends with him.

“He looks like he’s going to get goals. He will be a great asset,” beamed Simpson. “He holds the ball up well and links play. Jason knows a couple of the lads; Chi and Joe. He had numerous offers but came down here on Tuesday [January 4] and thought about it and said he would love to come.

“Goals win games and it doesn’t matter if you win 1-0 or 8-0 – you still get three points. We needed a goalscorer and hopefully Jason gives us that.”

Norville was a trainee at Watford from 2001 and made six first team appearances and three as substitute in a four-year spell at Vicarage Road, scoring just one goal.

His move on a free transfer to Barnet in 2005 proved fruitful as he made 40 appearances, either starting or as a sub.

He was released by Barnet in January 2008 and enjoyed a productive spell at Woking where he hit four goals in 13 games at the tail end of the 2007-08 season.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2011, 06:29:58 PM »
Norville scored again today in Bishop's Stortford's 3-2 loss to Farnborough.  Grenada's Bradley Bubb scored his 4th and 5th goal in two games in that match as well.

1]; } ?>