May 04, 2024, 06:47:52 PM

Author Topic: Whats next.  (Read 5524 times)

Offline Liburd

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Whats next.
« on: June 09, 2005, 09:37:36 AM »
OK, Theres a pretty good chance that the players are reading these posts regularly, so how about we put together something really useful. 

Lets post what we think should be improved as the team progresses.  Clear well thought posts please.

Offline Liburd

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Whats next.
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2005, 09:40:06 AM »
For starters.  I think this could come down to a battle for goal difference for 3rd or 4th place.  Simply put, the team needs to score more goals as they are 4 points behind Guatemala in that respect.  Also, Every friendly from this point on should be away games since the majority of the remaining games will be.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2005, 09:40:59 AM »
Also, Every friendly from this point on should be away games since the majority of the remaining games will be. 

Good Point!!
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2005, 09:49:20 AM »
   Hey Liburd, are you Lasana Liburd the one who reports on our foreign based players etc.? The newsreporter?

Jason.
"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power." 

Cassius told Brutus in Julius Caesar by Shakespeare

Offline Liburd

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2005, 09:51:51 AM »
Nope. Although  I did get quoted on GolTV's "American Soccer" program a couple weeks back.... and they didn't even send me a T-shirt.  Those bastards  :)

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2005, 09:57:37 AM »
Some of the players need to work on fitness.
That extra burst of speed, that half step of quickness comes when you have excellent conditioning.
Overall the fitness not too bad but it have a few players who could do with some serious work one on one with a man like Ato.  He would also be a great motivational speaker.

The Mexicans were dummying the ball a bit and that comes from knowing what the other player going to do....working on those kinda things will help break past a few defenders.  The wingers, attacking mids and strikers could work together on coming up wih some attacking moves to set up shots, break through the defense or get some dangerous crosses in.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2005, 10:05:31 AM »
find a true left footer that could attack, defend and comfortable playing wide.  cause left side just dead to me midfield and left back.

yorke and Glenn up front  or jones/glenn(samuel) -right combo

defenders that don't give opposition room

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2005, 10:11:27 AM »
find a true left footer that could attack, defend and comfortable playing wide. cause left side just dead to me midfield and left back.

yorke and Glenn up front or jones/glenn(samuel) -right combo

defenders that don't give opposition room

I think the main problem on the left side is Theobald not comfortable in that position.  Colin Samuel may be an option, however I havent seen him play in a while so I don't know if he is fit and in form.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2005, 10:12:50 AM »
THEOBALD A LEFT OR RIGHT FOOTER ?????

Offline Sanchez

• Full Warrior
  • Numero Diez por siempre
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2005, 10:18:10 AM »
Believe me, nothing we say or do will affect Leo's plans for the team.  Let's watch and enjoy the team develop into a true worldcup squad.  It will happen.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2005, 10:42:17 AM »
Believe me, nothing we say or do will affect Leo's plans for the team.

U stop dey and feel so!!

I have been on this site too long to discount the value of the contributions that we have made.

For example, we have been finding information for lincoln for de past year and a half during his stint as TD.

Most recently, the approach that is going to be made to Tony warner is due to suggestions and information provided on this site.

They get updates of players and the form that they are in for their clubs from this site!

I am not saying that we coaching de team but we do make some contributions that our technical staff take into consideration!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Liburd

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2005, 10:51:57 AM »
Believe me, nothing we say or do will affect Leo's plans for the team.  Let's watch and enjoy the team develop into a true worldcup squad.  It will happen.

You're right.  I guess none of the players have computers or can process information to improve themselves either.  I guess we are too stupid to be of value and they are too smart to listen to the thousands of educated fans who may have seen something in the video that they missed. 

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm packing up my toys and goign home... its been fun. :P

jusme

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2005, 11:00:11 AM »
, Every friendly from this point on should be away games since the majority of the remaining games will be.

anyone know how teams split the cost for friendlies?  Is it that one team invites the other and covers the costs of their travel and accomodation? 

sorry, if this was asked/explained before but I doh recall.

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2005, 11:31:05 AM »
Theobald is a right footer.
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2005, 11:38:29 AM »
so what heck he doing in the left link spot then.
seriously how much intl team does have right footers playing outside left?

jusme

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2005, 11:55:18 AM »

it's not as if beenie just ketch a vaps and pick the man to play there.  Tiger is not a natural winger and a step slow going down the wing according to almost everybody that see him play .  Rojas is also a step slow, Glenn didn't do anything to impress when he play against Alianza, Nigel Daniel was miskicking the ball all the time also against Alianza, and Beenie eh get to see Colin Samuel as yet.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2005, 12:15:33 PM »

ENGLAND is one
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2005, 12:18:47 PM »
USA have Beasley, a LEFT footer playing on DE RIGHT because they already have Eddie Lewis left! 
If we should be so lucky.

Offline Sanchez

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2005, 12:30:27 PM »
Listen, this website is an excellent forum for voicing one's opinion.  To say that Leo Beenhakker will take comments based on this website into consideration while selecting his team is quite entertaining.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2005, 12:37:54 PM »
Listen, this website is an excellent forum for voicing one's opinion.  To say that Leo Beenhakker will take comments based on this website into consideration while selecting his team is quite entertaining.

So true man have real ego here we  ;D  ;D

Teams that had right footers on the left: France Pires, Holland  Overmars. Yuh can't put a left footer simply because he left footed. The player have to be able to function effectively, and obviously you would prefer a left footer but circumstances eh so, so  if that means the best man for the job is right footed so be it.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2005, 12:41:45 PM »
i sincerely doubt beenhaker will consider views here when selecting a team

Offline Sanchez

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2005, 01:16:20 PM »

ENGLAND is one

Having a left footer playing on the right and vice-versa, has it's pros and cons.  I am right footed, but has scored more goals with my left foot, because I like to cut inside for shots.  It's according to what type of system the coach is using to figure out if it will work or not.  If the system is to bring in crosses thru the flanks will not work well, but if the system is a more running style, then it will work fine.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2005, 01:19:44 PM »
and cause you competent with both feet and comfortable out wide
just like them other names mentioned above.

Offline Liburd

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2005, 01:23:58 PM »
First of all no one said anything about Leo but you Sanchez.  The players are locals and probably peruse the site from time to time.  So get your story straight before you type condescending statements.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2005, 02:08:51 PM by Liburd »

Offline Sanchez

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2005, 01:26:32 PM »
and cause you competent with both feet and comfortable out wide
just like them other names mentioned above.

The analogy was based on personal experience, however, I will never mention myself in the same sentence as the aforementioned names.  The question was....why are they using a right footed player on the left? There are many reasons why, ask LEO.......or maybe he will read it here and reply himself.......

Offline Sanchez

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2005, 01:29:35 PM »
First of all no one said anything about Leo but you Sanchez.  The players are locals and probably puruse the site from time to time.  So get your story straight before you type condescending statements.

Liburd.....If any of the players were to "puruse" the website as you put it, don't you think you would probably see at least one of them on the site.  I think they have better things to do.

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2005, 01:59:19 PM »
Sanchez ......you obviously ignorant about the value and contribution made by posters on this site. I'll forgive you this time seeign as you new and everything ...but hear this........

your post in no way contribute to anything of signifigance in life .... so please stop.
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline Sanchez

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2005, 02:19:06 PM »
Sanchez ......you obviously ignorant about the value and contribution made by posters on this site. I'll forgive you this time seeign as you new and everything ...but hear this........

your post in no way contribute to anything of signifigance in life .... so please stop.

Cowen....not everyone will have the same opinions, hence this is why there is open discussion.  For you to minimalize my opinions because it is does not go with the grain, defeats the purpose of the site. 

Offline Sanchez

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2005, 02:37:20 PM »

You're right.  I guess none of the players have computers or can process information to improve themselves either.  I guess we are too stupid to be of value and they are too smart to listen to the thousands of educated fans who may have seen something in the video that they missed. 

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm packing up my toys and goign home... its been fun. :P

Right now...I believe they listen to one man.....LB

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2005, 02:59:31 PM »

pires is strictly right footed and operates on the left for both arsenal and france.
also duff and robben alternate sides when playing for chelsea - both strictly left footed.
(arsenal and chelsea not intl but i figure the level is the same)

with each game and added experience theobald should adjust over time. that is, if we dont find an alternative.

1]; } ?>