May 15, 2024, 08:32:16 PM

Author Topic: A warning about Panama  (Read 3344 times)

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
A warning about Panama
« on: September 16, 2005, 06:34:37 PM »
...yes people...just something i observed with this panama team....they could still reach 8 points...i dont know how that will work for them with the head to head and all that ...but....from what i saw with my own eyes in the gold cup...and im sure many of you saw on tv all the way to the final is that panama with no expectations are a very free flowing attacking football team...now i said with NO EXPECTATIONS....the panama that tnt beat 2-0  in the stadium looked tense and tactically stifled....but in the gold cup they looked relaxed and played with confidence...its seems that once they got to this last 6 rounds...the coach tried to grind out results and it back fired...also they are inexpierenced at this last 6 level....so here is where it gets tricky for us..tnt...we going to they home....they will play for pride...they will be relaxed...they will want to give the people a win and put that in storage for the next four years....remember what we did to honduras four yrs ago ???.....i truly believein my heart tnt will beat panama in panama....we might even hit stride and hammer them...BUT...it will not be easy....i just think too much people taking it for granted...hopefully the technical staff much too expeirenced to make that mistake....also guatemala vs mexico....if we went up there and did well even in losing 2-0...well we cant put it past the guats to do somthing similar...what meh...dem guats smelling blood man....dem want it bad too...dem eh going mexico to lie down yuh know...this race is for who want it more and who can stay calm in this run in......well thats what qualifing is all about when you from one of the smaller football nations...battle royale...its not for the fainthearted...so keep strong tnt faithful....keep the prayers going and let the team know you are there for them...god bless tnt...TNT TNT TNT
« Last Edit: September 16, 2005, 10:02:48 PM by Tallman »
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline BigToe

• Hero Warrior
  • Laaaaard, ah cyan take it no more
    • View Profile
Re: A warning about Panama
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2005, 03:12:20 AM »

...they could still reach 8 points...i dont know how that will work for them with the head to head and all that

It won't work and all that!

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2005, 05:26:03 AM »
big majic yuh speake like ah true warrior and yuh also got a valid point here
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2005, 06:46:17 AM »
It Aint over till it over. To put a positive sin on this one , let us believe that at least we win one on the road as we did against Honduras

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2005, 09:59:43 AM »
Big M - I hear yuh.  I believe the final scoreline and the win-loss record for Panama is not truly reflective of how well they have played.  They remind me of years gone by when Trinbago play plenty football on the pitch and exit on the loosing side.

Panama has the ability to be a spoiler, no doubt.  It will not be an easy game, not by any stretch of the imagination.  The only thing is that if we play to our best and have a fully fit squad (which is a big if since I see a post that Latas had a slight groin strain) we should beat this team but then again that is why the games are played.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2005, 02:46:40 PM by Lower St. John »
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2005, 11:08:19 AM »
WE WILL CARRY ON........ WE NOT GIVIN UP....... WE GOING GERMANY

GO WARRIORS

Stupes, fudge those fuddgers... we going to beat them on their own TurF!!!
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline WeStrong06

• New Warrior
  • WeStrong '06
    • View Profile
    • WeStrong '06 Organization
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2005, 02:18:46 PM »
STAY STRONG...WE STRONG

www.WeStrong.org
[/size]
Download de Official WeStrong '06 / Soca Warriors Toolbar
http://westrong06organization.ourtoolbar.com/exe

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2005, 02:47:48 PM »
Ah hearing yuh, there is no doubts as to us beating Panama in their house.
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2005, 07:18:18 AM »
Panama good for about 5 easy ..attack wid full force 3 man up front and take Medina out of de game and Panama dun!!!!!!!!!!
warmonga
Black Lives Matter..

truetrini

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2005, 07:29:08 AM »
Panama good for about 5 easy ..attack wid full force 3 man up front and take Medina out of de game and Panama dun!!!!!!!!!!
warmonga

How come yuh eh give yuh Jakan team dat advice?

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2005, 07:36:16 AM »
I did but Panama Matches up very good wid JA ..Panama have actually own JA in de pas several years jes  like how Martinique have own T&T fi de past several years..  Sometimes it all about players matching up and Panama doest match up pretty good wid TNT players...
warmonga....
Black Lives Matter..

truetrini

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2005, 07:56:41 AM »
Jamaica should have beaten dem handily, just could not get the ball in the net.

I have a feeling that Panama is not even planning to play their full strength tem and will likely blood new/younger players and we will have a decent chance to beat them..even at their national stadium.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2005, 11:25:34 AM »
I did but Panama Matches up very good wid JA ..Panama have actually own JA in de pas several years jes  like how Martinique have own T&T fi de past several years..  Sometimes it all about players matching up and Panama doest match up pretty good wid TNT players...
warmonga....

That's actually a very good point.........Based on pure ability there isn't much separating us from Panama....they are a skilful bunch, and I've actually seen them play more enterprising football in this campaign than we have...................... I get the feeling that they've been unlucky in the Hex........however, the fact that I think we match up well against them, gives me a little more optimism.....it will be tough nevertheless....

Go Warriors !!
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline oconnorg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2005, 12:01:00 PM »
STUPES!!!!!!!!!!

WE WILL CARRY ON.... WE NOT GIVIN UP... WE GOING GERMANY..

GO WARRIORS
Dem Panaassians have nutten on we.. We are going cut deh arse in PANAMA..!!!!!

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2005, 01:17:31 PM »
    Again we must go cautiously to Panama. Many of the posters are NOT realists here at all. Just like some of them men bawling oh we go give Costa Rica 3 and 4 etc. Whatever!! We were supposed to DRAW CR a win against them would have been a surprise and we played well and with some luck we definitely deserved at least the DRAW!! Come on guys we love T&T but be REALISTIC. The game against Panama we are supposed to win, regardless of if we have beaten or drawn CR or whatever, this game against Panama is "supposed" to be a win for us, BUT REALISTICALLY it will/should prove difficult, so once we win no matter how we do it I taking it, well obviously we need it. Just don't get over zealous and obviously non-realistic and say that oohh we go win easily and we much better etc. The fact is that we are NOT we just NEED the WIN more than Panama and must play with blood in our shoes, not that we bound to win, we MUST win, but we will have to play them even better than we did when we won at home 2-0. That is REALISTIC if we win easily etc. that is just a bonus.
    And REALISTICALLY we must HOPE that Guatemala loses to Mexico, they may draw but playing in Mexico they have a better chance to lose but you NEVER KNOW especially since they will be going all out still. And against Costa Rica, we have to hope that Guatemala DRAWS, however I would not be surprised if the beat CR, that is still REALISTIC.

And finally, our MOST REALISTIC result when we play Mexico is a DRAW!!! I have been saying this since flicking January when I heard about our Hex games this year!! YES a win is going to be 99.999% imperative based on Guatemala's result especially if they were to beat CR. HOWEVER MARK MY WORDS: It is more realistic for Guatemala to BEAT CR in their last game than it is for us to BEAT Mexico!! Ok get annoyed but I am a realist. I still think that we have a great chance for 4th. but we must PROVE it. When Guatemala played the US and we played CR I knew that a draw for us against CR was the most realistic as well as a draw between Guat. and the US, but everyone in their own dream world only keep on bigging up the US and saying that ohh they bound to beat Guatemala blah blah blah!! And you cannot blame the US for sending a 2nd string team to tryout new players and OBVIOUSLY a DRAW was the most REALISTIC but again maybe it is the less knowledgeable forumites that claimed that the US would win, we would beat CR and also that we would beat Mexico. I am just or even more a supporter than you all but YOU MUST be realistic and know what you are talking about!! We should indeed beat Panama, but against Mexico, anything more than a win WILL be a bonus and should take us to 4th. REALISTICALLY, but again we must proceed against Panama with caution and even more so when we play Mexico, the fact that Mexico has already qualified is irrelevant, however playing in T'dad should give the Warriors a bigger heart however they MUST convert those chances.
Realistically as well I am praying/hoping and looking for my personal favourite striker Kenwyne Jones to featyre in both games (fingers crossed) because we CANNOT rely on John again if he continues to disappoint ESPECIALLY when we play MEXICO.

Yes the truth hurts but the real football knowledgeable ones will know that my realism is the TRUTH.

Onwards Warriors over Panama!!  :D

Jason.
"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power." 

Cassius told Brutus in Julius Caesar by Shakespeare

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2005, 01:26:44 PM »
    Again we must go cautiously to Panama. Many of the posters are NOT realists here at all. Just like some of them men bawling oh we go give Costa Rica 3 and 4 etc. Whatever!! We were supposed to DRAW CR a win against them would have been a surprise and we played well and with some luck we definitely deserved at least the DRAW!! Come on guys we love T&T but be REALISTIC. The game against Panama we are supposed to win, regardless of if we have beaten or drawn CR or whatever, this game against Panama is "supposed" to be a win for us, BUT REALISTICALLY it will/should prove difficult, so once we win no matter how we do it I taking it, well obviously we need it. Just don't get over zealous and obviously non-realistic and say that oohh we go win easily and we much better etc. The fact is that we are NOT we just NEED the WIN more than Panama and must play with blood in our shoes, not that we bound to win, we MUST win, but we will have to play them even better than we did when we won at home 2-0. That is REALISTIC if we win easily etc. that is just a bonus.
    And REALISTICALLY we must HOPE that Guatemala loses to Mexico, they may draw but playing in Mexico they have a better chance to lose but you NEVER KNOW especially since they will be going all out still. And against Costa Rica, we have to hope that Guatemala DRAWS, however I would not be surprised if the beat CR, that is still REALISTIC.

And finally, our MOST REALISTIC result when we play Mexico is a DRAW!!! I have been saying this since flicking January when I heard about our Hex games this year!! YES a win is going to be 99.999% imperative based on Guatemala's result especially if they were to beat CR. HOWEVER MARK MY WORDS: It is more realistic for Guatemala to BEAT CR in their last game than it is for us to BEAT Mexico!! Ok get annoyed but I am a realist. I still think that we have a great chance for 4th. but we must PROVE it. When Guatemala played the US and we played CR I knew that a draw for us against CR was the most realistic as well as a draw between Guat. and the US, but everyone in their own dream world only keep on bigging up the US and saying that ohh they bound to beat Guatemala blah blah blah!! And you cannot blame the US for sending a 2nd string team to tryout new players and OBVIOUSLY a DRAW was the most REALISTIC but again maybe it is the less knowledgeable forumites that claimed that the US would win, we would beat CR and also that we would beat Mexico. I am just or even more a supporter than you all but YOU MUST be realistic and know what you are talking about!! We should indeed beat Panama, but against Mexico, anything more than a win WILL be a bonus and should take us to 4th. REALISTICALLY, but again we must proceed against Panama with caution and even more so when we play Mexico, the fact that Mexico has already qualified is irrelevant, however playing in T'dad should give the Warriors a bigger heart however they MUST convert those chances.
Realistically as well I am praying/hoping and looking for my personal favourite striker Kenwyne Jones to featyre in both games (fingers crossed) because we CANNOT rely on John again if he continues to disappoint ESPECIALLY when we play MEXICO.

Yes the truth hurts but the real football knowledgeable ones will know that my realism is the TRUTH.

Onwards Warriors over Panama!!  :D

Jason.

The sad truth is that deep down inside......everyone knows that what you're saying is correct....but at times like this, the only way to stay upbeat as a fan, is to believe in the most optimistic outcomes........

I think it's more important for the players to be realistic than it is for the fans.......As fans, all we want is the best, and that's all that we're going to imagine...yes the fall back to reality will hurt more if things don't work out, but that is the life of a fan...

We are suckers for the emotional rollercoaster.....Don't worry man...no need to educate anyone about reality....we know the reality of it (at least the educated fans)...... so just enjoy the ride and humor the over-eager.....

We live 90 minutes at a time disguising our fear of failure with overly ambitious expectations.....that will never change... so just let it be.

Go Warriors !!!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2005, 01:31:04 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline oconnorg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2005, 03:41:16 PM »

Onwards Warriors over Panama!! :D

Jason.

Aye you is a cool fellah ... buh dooh get mih cross nuh.. Leave mih in mih self imposed ignorance and let me Rant about us Givin panama 5 -0  nuh.. RIGHT NOW, I iz ah FAN, Not a critiq.. I not even on Stern Case right now. I juss wah we winn... although , realistically it gonna be tough.. I still going to say WE WINNIN 8 - 1...

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2005, 06:52:46 AM »

TT win and draw + Guat loss and win = no WC since we go be tied on points

If T&T was ever going to the WC it is going to take something out of the ordinary...an extraordinary result or performance.
We was never going to get there based on the most likely outcomes.  So that said, the team must aim for a win in the last game because a draw will do nothing for us in the standings if Guat wins that last game.

1]; } ?>