May 21, 2024, 04:43:38 AM

Author Topic: Federal Judge Emails Racist Joke About Obama, Then Apologizes  (Read 13456 times)

giggsy11

Re: Federal Judge Emails Racist Joke About Obama, Then Apologizes
« Reply #90 on: March 13, 2012, 11:36:06 AM »
with thick mexican accent  ;D closet..... what closet.......she don't got no closet......she don't need no stinking closet............  ;D jus kiksin gigsy doh kill mih ;D

Dred, I don't sweat that stuff, I can give as good as I can get.  ;D I know you kicksin!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 13, 2012, 02:50:10 PM »
First of all I was not in the closet, so there was no closet to come out of. But you and on the other hand  obviously is in the closet, since you consistently litter the various threads with homo erotic speak in your attempts to 'shit up' forumnites. In addition to your continued need, to be the center of commess. Walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, must be his queeness Bake and Shark!

All this "homo erotic speak" and "need, to be the center of commess" talk... methinks the lesbian doth protest too much.  It's been years since I get into any prolonged back and forth with anybody on this site, and the occasional times that I do hardly counts as "continued" and "consistent".  Mad Scorpion is a personal pardna of mine so I does shit him up and tell him he does carry Kenwyne jock strap, because he knows he does.  But misery... or bullas in this case love company so yuh reaching, but hard luck on dat one. 

Like you take over from West Coast with the maccomere man behavior or what dred?  You eh too ole to be throwing basket fuh ah big man?

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 13, 2012, 03:20:41 PM »
nah man, I not even close to westcoast. He have over 16,000 posts. I only at 6,000.

I sitting here trying to write a report and I was hoping for a good round of picong to inspire me.

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 13, 2012, 03:22:49 PM »
And yet should have.

Ah guess Giggsy ent de only woman coming out de closet.

First of all I was not in the closet, so there was no closet to come out of. But you and on the other hand  obviously is in the closet, since you consistently litter the various threads with homo erotic speak in your attempts to 'shit up' forumnites. In addition to your continued need, to be the center of commess. Walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, must be his queeness Bake and Shark!

Ah missin the ole devil icon.

Anywayz, this one will have to suffice.

:devil:

truetrini

« Reply #94 on: March 13, 2012, 08:28:10 PM »
so who else feels that the judge was racist?  ;)

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 14, 2012, 05:50:43 AM »

You are a pot stirrer.  You have to bring this thread back on track eh?

Well Adam Cohen of Yale Law School thinks he is.

http://ideas.time.com/2012/03/12/when-judges-are-racist/?xid=newsletter-daily

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 14, 2012, 08:24:21 AM »

racist, schmacist...this thread is about who does use de bess 50cent words and outing who done out and pointing de gaydar at who still inside de closet.

Focus preople FOCUS
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 15, 2012, 12:15:32 PM »
I’ve been posting on this forum since 2006. From then to now, I’ve not had the slightest interest in what posters do for a living, where dey live, or in drawing conclusions about their personal lives or who they are. Dahis me. I HAVE been interested in the diversity of opinions on the forum, the style in which these opinions are expressed, and everything that flows from that (whether picong, oletalk, mamaguy, what have you). However - as with silence or the spoken word - the written word fleshes out a lil something about people and the quality of their thoughts, but it isn't definitive in the absence of the fuller dimension one gets in person. Anybody who has sent a text or spoken to someone on the phone understands the dimension that is missing. On de forum it would be foolhardy to move as if things are otherwise.

Unless one is intimately or (possibly) passingly familiar with a poster in person, one is not in a position to draw absolute bullish conclusions about that poster. Now over time I’ve come to understand that some posters know each other, are on the basis of that type of intimate or passing personal interaction, or have made each other’s acquaintance during the years … whether by bouncing up somewhere or through attending a game or liming at one of the forum games etc. or through some other shared pursuit. This comes out in de oletalk that is a staple on the board and it makes for healthy interaction ... generally. Sometimes it does not.

There are some posters, whom despite their efforts, I know their identities. In other cases, I suspect I know a poster's identity. Either way, I take it for what it is. I don't seek to confirm one way or the other. Dahis me. Some posters readily divulge their career pursuits, involvements, personal practices etc. Dahis a matter of preference. There is no right or wrong approach. It ent my thing per se. Over the years, I'm sure I've irritated an actual friend here or an actual friend there. I stand by what I post and I post what I can defend.

While occasionally during the course of these almost 6 years I’ve provided a handful of anecdotes, for the most part what I have to share deals with my subjective or objective view of whatever the topic is ... without delving into my personal experience - EVEN in instances where I could make an authoritative contribution.

Some members stay strictly or primarily on the football side. Others mostly on the general discussion side. Some may feel more competent to address issues on one side more than on the other side. Others may find the Gen Disc side of the coin more controversial than the other side, so they avoid it entirely ... or ... as much as possible. On the other hand, some posters thrive on both sides of the divide.

My first post was made on the Gen Disc side and for a while there was an imbalance that favored the Gen Disc side. Ah gradually made my way to the football side ... such that now de balance has shifted. Right now, for every 4 posts I make on the Gen board, I make 5 on the Football side (I did the math; iz not a formula I live by).

Now, I don't have a solid record as being a creature of habit. Given that record, I've hung around in this virtual neighbourhood a lil longer than I might have anticipated when I started posting ... had I given any thought to it. However, although this ain't no where close to lingering on the "doorsteps of colonialism" ...  ;) (ah had to squeeze that in there; ah like that phrase too bad, couldn't resist; plus it helps that iz good talk) ... it has been as sweet as any lime yuh didn't plan but rell enjoyed.

Nonetheless, periodically I've taken breaks from posting that have lasted as long as 6 months or merely a matter of days. Sometime back I established 5,000 posts as a benchmark for evaluating how I would engage the Board going forward. That isn't a reflection of the quality of the cyber-interaction but it is a product of introspection. In addition, there's the saying: familiarity breeds contempt. Yet, in the abstract ... on a cyber-forum that familiarity thing shouldn't have an especially high likelihood ... BUT, given the dynamics of who acquainted with who ... iz quite possible here.

However, de forum is a magnet of immense value, so now I'm a confirmed as a creature of at least this habit.

I look at my experience here like any good pommecythere chow ... it sweet too bad, have a lil pepper and well yuh go have a lil sourness in de mix. We iz Trinis so nobody eh kidding deyself ... we love that kinda mix because dahis what brings out who we are ... look what does happen when ah thread get hijacked  ... Preamble done. Leh we proceed.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 15, 2012, 12:18:32 PM »
my grandmother ....lawd bless her soul....told me that no matter how many letters I get behind my name..if I allowed education to make me become a jack ass...then the only thing I become is an educated jack ass....I hope that was simple enough to read.

Mine didn't have to tell me.

And yet should have.

Me eh trying to clown nobody but when big man come with dat kinda nonsense yuh does have to call dem out..

It eh no clowning scene, buh wha is de nonsense that you so feel you addressed?

Best I can figure, references to educated jackassness are rooted somewhere in a question as to one's humility. There may be more to it than that buh de expertise on that is not mine ... it appears to MEP's. NOW ... ah doh hadda geh into any ah dis, buh ah doing so because ah fine it kinda instructive on a number of levels. So as applied to me dahis kinda ah curiosity. Me eh know: in my lil cut ... broddas who I deal wid on a daily know what I stand for, buh most (well into 90%) if asked couldn't tell yuh NUTTEN about whether I have letters behind my name OR preceding it. Simple ting: cause dahis not how I move. Dahis NOT how I define myself or how I permit or encourage others to define me. Never has been, never will be. I grow up rank & file. I live rank & file and, on the basis of accumulated evidence, I will die advocating for de rank and file. Not as a matter of reflex, but as a matter of conscience where good conscience applies.

Moving along ... ah taking de opportunity to swing through de entire neighborhood like any good neighborhood watch ... some ah allyuh clearly ent belong in dis neighborhood ... So keep yuh skittles in yuh pocket and de popcorn handy!!!

Ah hear men on here talk bout internet badjohn. Ah hear men on here talking bout what I suppose equates to cyber alter egos ... such that several posters appear to be experts on sexual "preference". Since ah on here ah read a few announcements of invitations to duel in one capacity or another off forum in de real world. Ah gather (based on assertions presented) some men is lion behind dey keyboard but lamb outta road. Me eh know: Ah can only attest whais de seen fuh asylumseeker. Ah lacking priorities in dem areas ... BUT, without fear or favour, I call things francomeh as I see them ... who vex vex, who lorse lorse, and who seeking to avoid confrontation ... be reminded: doh start none, won't be none.

Dahis how I does move IN PERSON AND BEHIND MEH KEYBOARD!!!. Same speed, minimal reverb. And ... arguably, I'm no where as pleasant or diplomatic in person as I have been on the forum.

The record reflects that since I've been on here I have never used profanity to address anyone ( ... at least not yet???) Dahis me. We interacting on a forum ... de moderators democratic no arse ... free speech is de order of the day. Man gehhin cuss is commonplace, buh every poster hadda decide and come to terms wid his or her own barometer of civility. At the end of the day, every man is a simple man.

Because these are observational comments rather than judgments, ah hadda say dis too: in some ways de chief cussbuds are actually EXCELLENT arbiters of a conscience on de forum ... because when it might not be popular to do it, dey go leh yuh know yuh run afoul of protocol or matters that matter. Iz a give & take. Of course at times they have a verbal reach that would invite some to call dey mammy. Buh say wha ... on the road we are not immune to such assaults, and if the forum is a virtual microcosm of the real world ... ent it is what is is.

Anyway, dis ain't a SUPAesque tour de force ... iz merely tone-setting or ambient lighting or background music ... so lehwe move on.

++++

On this thread a poster remarked about the consistency of my posts. Kudos to him. Another observed that he thought comments were made to "impress and deride" ...  Not so much. I've been posting under the same personal code from DAY ONE. I think by now attentive forumites understand my style and vibe. The furore germinated ("not ingeminate" :devil:) from the post I made on this thread is to marvel at ... Buh ah loving it because although it was created by the fingers of intended mischief, I think it set the platform to open up a few cans that needed opening ... some of which I addressed adequately in my initial response to my friend the mischief-maker ;)

In contribution to the furore, ah normally sober-minded MEP comes out de gate with the language quoted above. Ah doh mind de charge. It is de vacant conclusion that consumes my attention. HOW HE REACH DEY AND ON WHAT SENTIENT BASIS ME EH KNOW!!! [Pecan, dahis wuk fuh you dey :) ...]

MEP whose contributions on this very forum have included the words "quintessential", "nepotism", "acrimony", "supercilious", "hegemony", "angst" and "egregious"  etc... jumps out the gate to malign a post gifted with a phrase bearing the following "complex" words  ::)

typical
congressional
tolerance
polarized
polity
similar
egregious
manifest
presidential

Convoluted? Yes. Impenetrable? No.

Now ... dahis all right even at that ... had it stopped there! Where it becomes questionable is where the same poster decides to rush back through de same gate with de unsupported and unsupportable "when big man ... nonsense" static. Although I haven't received a precise definition or understanding of what constitutes "nonsense", iz clear to me that the poster took offense ... at what iz another thing. Buh ah go wuk wid what is available.

++++

Yuh want to talk about education? Well, lehme educate you about asylumseeker.

My maternal great-grandmother was the first black person (read: man or woman) in her community to own the land on which she lived. Behind the home, she used the acreage to plant sugarcane for sale to the plantation. I grew up witnessing her harvest the cane and saw the trucks come to load the yield. She also engaged in pastoral farming. I used to go with her to stake and unstake the livestock ... I was even known to bring them "home". My great-grandmother was a woman who din skin teet. She walked with a straight back, kicked back a nightcap of gin from time to time, and handled her affairs with poise, presence and pride. Men of her generation dealt with her as an equal.

My maternal grandmother (presently 85) is a humble woman who built on the platform my great-grandmother set. Neither woman possessed an excess of formal education because of the era into which she was born, but both were literate, mentally spry, extraordinarily imbued with common sense and possessed of high expectations. Growing up in a multi-generational household as the 4th generation when my father was reading for his degree ... I absorbed all the lessons available to me through observation, conversation, practice, error  ... Go figure: in my post in response I stated " mine didn't have to tell me." Ah hope the fog and mist are clearing as to why ... I need render no comment with respect to the "And yet should have" ... Bakes appears to have silenced that irritant.

++++

My parents came through these humble households. I knew all of my grandparents and had the blessing/fortune of knowing 3 of my great-grandparents. I had one foot planted in the alleged middle-class through the thinnest of privilege and via my parents' educations rather than through coin. Because of social interactions ... to include where I went to school ... I managed to figure out a few things about how society was and is ordered. These interactions made up my REAL education. My REAL education was grounding with people in unfashionable parts of the country that were in some sectors habitually the butt of jokes. My REAL education was reasoning wid all kind of broddas and sisters about de various struggles dey was living. (ah love reading JC when allyuh rile him ... because he does peak with some historical remonstrations (is that word permissible?)

++++
I see this on FB and thought it was funny................so where yuh from?

I lived in de Bush. Depending on the day, my life triangulated around there, Fish and Drugs, and de now famous Industrial Dystopia. My people from ??-? ... Ah not asking a question eh ... ah telling allyuh dahis where dey from. Make it out on de map.  ??-? iz located east of Papa Bois. 10° 49' 60N, 60° 57' 0W. So yeah, ??-?.

Lehwe continue ...

For an influential yet minor portion I lived west of MORDOR buh north of "Movietowne, Syrians and Overpriced Shit" (iz there I encountered de half-chinee that occasionally occupies TT's attention). From that location ah had reasonable access to Guns and Traffic. Nevertheless ... regardless of where I lived, my father made it a point to visit ??-? frequently ... because dahis de kind ah man he is ... proud of where he's from. He ensured - through practice - that that would not be lost on his offspring.

We used to get in de car and drive from Bush to ??-? ... leave earlier than ah outside man chooking a married woman, take forever to get there, and drive back the same night because he had professional obligations involving Tom, Dick, Harry and Joe Public. There was NO room in this equation to become desensitized in the manner that presumably some speculative "educated jackass" would become desensitized... however, such a paradoxical transformation is arrived at.

De temerity of some ppl (PECAN!!!! ... dictionary!!!) to venture into abstract conclusion informed by some perception that derision and making an impression are the order of the day. Clearly, it is here that the reach into educated jackassdom occurred. Above I referred to instances in which I could make authoritative contributions but opt not to ... well, here we have an instance in which I made an authoritative contribution in responding to the topic that was at hand. The direction it has taken is entertaining.

++++

I waited a lil bit to let this thread evolve naturally before responding to this degree. Buh, kudos to Bakes for handling the issue of the PM because apparently a couple ah allyuh have inconveniently lost your damn minds. His treatment of the matter was ON POINT:

It's baffling to me how men only contributions to the thread is to come and bitch about ah man vocabulary.  I largely agree with the substance (though not the 'style') of MEP's post... sometimes lawd knows I does want to break out mih red pencil.  Some of the personal attacks, on something that don't even concern them... just kinda eye-opening fuh me.  Maybe Asylumseeker onto something with he 'toting feelings' talk.

Noted, but as you may tell it was purposely done as a direct pronouncement would have led to confrontation. I don't have anything against truetrini as I think he is someone we can learn from. However, I think the tenor and tone of his statement was to impress and deride. If indeed it were meant for you then I'm sure a pm would have sufficed.

I think yuh mean Asylumseeker... and I don't think he said his post was "meant" for me as much as in addressing me primarily he used language that he knew I would be conversant with.  Put another way, if I know you's a structural engineer and directing something to you specifically, but contributing in an arena where others are active, there is nothing wrong with me using an engineer's vocabulary to communicate my message to you.  If others happen to catch on and want to respond then they welcome, but I mainly want to make my point to you.  I don't think there's anything in this imaginary internet protocol we citing that says a pm is necessary.  But that's just my take.

People amusing, oui. Yuh ever go a Twelve Tribes dance? Yuh ever ... look eh! Oy sah.  De places I have immersed myself in ... ah not too sure who amongst us would or could survive in fuh even an hour.

Which brings me to this ...

Ah man ask about my ability to "reason" wid de fairer sex ... so lehme leave no stone unturned. Although I have discriminating tastes, I have never discriminated in who I choose to deal wid on the basis of where dey living or if dey have ah alphabet soup behind dey name ... yuh know what de gauge is? How de umman carries herself and how she flexes her natural mind and whether she is inclined to expand its boundaries via a natural curiosity ... pretty face alone doh hold man again, right? Buh prepping around in some Ballys wid a rag in meh back pocket and a Kangol tilted just rightly reaps amazing results  ::) Wha allyuh really feel it is at all? Yuh ever board a ting in a country fete? Goddesses from all rungs on the socio-economic ladder, yes. Men gehhin tie up wid de difference between de written word and the spoken word. Since the written word is the operational language on de forum this is an entirely different flex.

My name is asylumseeker and I endorse this message.

At de end of the day, here's de key question. Do you know who you are and where you stand in the struggle? I know.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 12:40:11 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 15, 2012, 12:48:29 PM »
I knew all of my grandparents and had the blessing/fortune of knowing 3 of my great-grandparents.

Be grateful fuh dat... dat is a blessing that few among us can claim  :beermug:

Incidentally, my mother's people (and hence, my people) from ?? ? as well, with branches in "Bush", once my grandfather decided to leave Toco to go back to Moruga.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 15, 2012, 01:28:20 PM »
oooooooooooooh guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nah boy,,some ah allyuh men does prove writers block is a myth oui

Anyway seeker, stick to the upgraded verbage..it more difficult for me to translate the trini to standard english and then have to decipher wuh you sayin
I radder do just one set of decipherin
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 15, 2012, 01:33:37 PM »

At de end of the day, here's de key question. Do you know who you are and where you stand in the struggle? I know.

whey boy, dat was some serious writing, sprinkled with a modicum (well maybe more than that) of humor to take the edge off.  Nice ...

The answer to your final question: 42

giggsy11

« Reply #102 on: March 15, 2012, 02:20:15 PM »
my grandmother ....lawd bless her soul....told me that no matter how many letters I get behind my name..if I allowed education to make me become a jack ass...then the only thing I become is an educated jack ass....I hope that was simple enough to read.

Mine didn't have to tell me.

And yet should have.

Me eh trying to clown nobody but when big man come with dat kinda nonsense yuh does have to call dem out..

It eh no clowning scene, buh wha is de nonsense that you so feel you addressed?

Best I can figure, references to educated jackassness are rooted somewhere in a question as to one's humility. There may be more to it than that buh de expertise on that is not mine ... it appears to MEP's. NOW ... ah doh hadda geh into any ah dis, buh ah doing so because ah fine it kinda instructive on a number of levels. So as applied to me dahis kinda ah curiosity. Me eh know: in my lil cut ... broddas who I deal wid on a daily know what I stand for, buh most (well into 90%) if asked couldn't tell yuh NUTTEN about whether I have letters behind my name OR preceding it. Simple ting: cause dahis not how I move. Dahis NOT how I define myself or how I permit or encourage others to define me. Never has been, never will be. I grow up rank & file. I live rank & file and, on the basis of accumulated evidence, I will die advocating for de rank and file. Not as a matter of reflex, but as a matter of conscience where good conscience applies.

Moving along ... ah taking de opportunity to swing through de entire neighborhood like any good neighborhood watch ... some ah allyuh clearly ent belong in dis neighborhood ... So keep yuh skittles in yuh pocket and de popcorn handy!!!

Ah hear men on here talk bout internet badjohn. Ah hear men on here talking bout what I suppose equates to cyber alter egos ... such that several posters appear to be experts on sexual "preference". Since ah on here ah read a few announcements of invitations to duel in one capacity or another off forum in de real world. Ah gather (based on assertions presented) some men is lion behind dey keyboard but lamb outta road. Me eh know: Ah can only attest whais de seen fuh asylumseeker. Ah lacking priorities in dem areas ... BUT, without fear or favour, I call things francomeh as I see them ... who vex vex, who lorse lorse, and who seeking to avoid confrontation ... be reminded: doh start none, won't be none.

Dahis how I does move IN PERSON AND BEHIND MEH KEYBOARD!!!. Same speed, minimal reverb. And ... arguably, I'm no where as pleasant or diplomatic in person as I have been on the forum.

The record reflects that since I've been on here I have never used profanity to address anyone ( ... at least not yet???) Dahis me. We interacting on a forum ... de moderators democratic no arse ... free speech is de order of the day. Man gehhin cuss is commonplace, buh every poster hadda decide and come to terms wid his or her own barometer of civility. At the end of the day, every man is a simple man.

Because these are observational comments rather than judgments, ah hadda say dis too: in some ways de chief cussbuds are actually EXCELLENT arbiters of a conscience on de forum ... because when it might not be popular to do it, dey go leh yuh know yuh run afoul of protocol or matters that matter. Iz a give & take. Of course at times they have a verbal reach that would invite some to call dey mammy. Buh say wha ... on the road we are not immune to such assaults, and if the forum is a virtual microcosm of the real world ... ent it is what is is.

Anyway, dis ain't a SUPAesque tour de force ... iz merely tone-setting or ambient lighting or background music ... so lehwe move on.

++++

On this thread a poster remarked about the consistency of my posts. Kudos to him. Another observed that he thought comments were made to "impress and deride" ...  Not so much. I've been posting under the same personal code from DAY ONE. I think by now attentive forumites understand my style and vibe. The furore germinated ("not ingeminate" :devil:) from the post I made on this thread is to marvel at ... Buh ah loving it because although it was created by the fingers of intended mischief, I think it set the platform to open up a few cans that needed opening ... some of which I addressed adequately in my initial response to my friend the mischief-maker ;)

In contribution to the furore, ah normally sober-minded MEP comes out de gate with the language quoted above. Ah doh mind de charge. It is de vacant conclusion that consumes my attention. HOW HE REACH DEY AND ON WHAT SENTIENT BASIS ME EH KNOW!!! [Pecan, dahis wuk fuh you dey :) ...]

MEP whose contributions on this very forum have included the words "quintessential", "nepotism", "acrimony", "supercilious", "hegemony", "angst" and "egregious"  etc... jumps out the gate to malign a post gifted with a phrase bearing the following "complex" words  ::)

typical
congressional
tolerance
polarized
polity
similar
egregious
manifest
presidential

Convoluted? Yes. Impenetrable? No.

Now ... dahis all right even at that ... had it stopped there! Where it becomes questionable is where the same poster decides to rush back through de same gate with de unsupported and unsupportable "when big man ... nonsense" static. Although I haven't received a precise definition or understanding of what constitutes "nonsense", iz clear to me that the poster took offense ... at what iz another thing. Buh ah go wuk wid what is available.

++++

Yuh want to talk about education? Well, lehme educate you about asylumseeker.

My maternal great-grandmother was the first black person (read: man or woman) in her community to own the land on which she lived. Behind the home, she used the acreage to plant sugarcane for sale to the plantation. I grew up witnessing her harvest the cane and saw the trucks come to load the yield. She also engaged in pastoral farming. I used to go with her to stake and unstake the livestock ... I was even known to bring them "home". My great-grandmother was a woman who din skin teet. She walked with a straight back, kicked back a nightcap of gin from time to time, and handled her affairs with poise, presence and pride. Men of her generation dealt with her as an equal.

My maternal grandmother (presently 85) is a humble woman who built on the platform my great-grandmother set. Neither woman possessed an excess of formal education because of the era into which she was born, but both were literate, mentally spry, extraordinarily imbued with common sense and possessed of high expectations. Growing up in a multi-generational household as the 4th generation when my father was reading for his degree ... I absorbed all the lessons available to me through observation, conversation, practice, error  ... Go figure: in my post in response I stated " mine didn't have to tell me." Ah hope the fog and mist are clearing as to why ... I need render no comment with respect to the "And yet should have" ... Bakes appears to have silenced that irritant.

++++

My parents came through these humble households. I knew all of my grandparents and had the blessing/fortune of knowing 3 of my great-grandparents. I had one foot planted in the alleged middle-class through the thinnest of privilege and via my parents' educations rather than through coin. Because of social interactions ... to include where I went to school ... I managed to figure out a few things about how society was and is ordered. These interactions made up my REAL education. My REAL education was grounding with people in unfashionable parts of the country that were in some sectors habitually the butt of jokes. My REAL education was reasoning wid all kind of broddas and sisters about de various struggles dey was living. (ah love reading JC when allyuh rile him ... because he does peak with some historical remonstrations (is that word permissible?)

++++
I see this on FB and thought it was funny................so where yuh from?

I lived in de Bush. Depending on the day, my life triangulated around there, Fish and Drugs, and de now famous Industrial Dystopia. My people from ??-? ... Ah not asking a question eh ... ah telling allyuh dahis where dey from. Make it out on de map.  ??-? iz located east of Papa Bois. 10° 49' 60N, 60° 57' 0W. So yeah, ??-?.

Lehwe continue ...

For an influential yet minor portion I lived west of MORDOR buh north of "Movietowne, Syrians and Overpriced Shit" (iz there I encountered de half-chinee that occasionally occupies TT's attention). From that location ah had reasonable access to Guns and Traffic. Nevertheless ... regardless of where I lived, my father made it a point to visit ??-? frequently ... because dahis de kind ah man he is ... proud of where he's from. He ensured - through practice - that that would not be lost on his offspring.

We used to get in de car and drive from Bush to ??-? ... leave earlier than ah outside man chooking a married woman, take forever to get there, and drive back the same night because he had professional obligations involving Tom, Dick, Harry and Joe Public. There was NO room in this equation to become desensitized in the manner that presumably some speculative "educated jackass" would become desensitized... however, such a paradoxical transformation is arrived at.

De temerity of some ppl (PECAN!!!! ... dictionary!!!) to venture into abstract conclusion informed by some perception that derision and making an impression are the order of the day. Clearly, it is here that the reach into educated jackassdom occurred. Above I referred to instances in which I could make authoritative contributions but opt not to ... well, here we have an instance in which I made an authoritative contribution in responding to the topic that was at hand. The direction it has taken is entertaining.

++++

I waited a lil bit to let this thread evolve naturally before responding to this degree. Buh, kudos to Bakes for handling the issue of the PM because apparently a couple ah allyuh have inconveniently lost your damn minds. His treatment of the matter was ON POINT:

It's baffling to me how men only contributions to the thread is to come and bitch about ah man vocabulary.  I largely agree with the substance (though not the 'style') of MEP's post... sometimes lawd knows I does want to break out mih red pencil.  Some of the personal attacks, on something that don't even concern them... just kinda eye-opening fuh me.  Maybe Asylumseeker onto something with he 'toting feelings' talk.

Noted, but as you may tell it was purposely done as a direct pronouncement would have led to confrontation. I don't have anything against truetrini as I think he is someone we can learn from. However, I think the tenor and tone of his statement was to impress and deride. If indeed it were meant for you then I'm sure a pm would have sufficed.

I think yuh mean Asylumseeker... and I don't think he said his post was "meant" for me as much as in addressing me primarily he used language that he knew I would be conversant with.  Put another way, if I know you's a structural engineer and directing something to you specifically, but contributing in an arena where others are active, there is nothing wrong with me using an engineer's vocabulary to communicate my message to you.  If others happen to catch on and want to respond then they welcome, but I mainly want to make my point to you.  I don't think there's anything in this imaginary internet protocol we citing that says a pm is necessary.  But that's just my take.

People amusing, oui. Yuh ever go a Twelve Tribes dance? Yuh ever ... look eh! Oy sah.  De places I have immersed myself in ... ah not too sure who amongst us would or could survive in fuh even an hour.

Which brings me to this ...

Ah man ask about my ability to "reason" wid de fairer sex ... so lehme leave no stone unturned. Although I have discriminating tastes, I have never discriminated in who I choose to deal wid on the basis of where dey living or if dey have ah alphabet soup behind dey name ... yuh know what de gauge is? How de umman carries herself and how she flexes her natural mind and whether she is inclined to expand its boundaries via a natural curiosity ... pretty face alone doh hold man again, right? Buh prepping around in some Ballys wid a rag in meh back pocket and a Kangol tilted just rightly reaps amazing results  ::) Wha allyuh really feel it is at all? Yuh ever board a ting in a country fete? Goddesses from all rungs on the socio-economic ladder, yes. Men gehhin tie up wid de difference between de written word and the spoken word. Since the written word is the operational language on de forum this is an entirely different flex.

That is the damn ting right dey! How would you handle yourself if nobody was watching or could not see yuh? That is always the question; are you the same or are you an undercover brotha/sista. Unfortunately some people dos get cyber muscles and be what they can't be or are not when interacting with others in person. I believe in being who you really are and owning it!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 02:24:27 PM by Giggsy11 »

truetrini

« Reply #103 on: March 15, 2012, 02:26:05 PM »
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha  hehehehehehehehehe  hohohohoho hahahahahahaha

I have to agree with Dutty doh, stick to one kinda verbiage...I prefer de upgraded one in reality, as It does force me to break out my dictionary and upgrade my vocabulary.

Thanks much.

lol   ;)

Trouble makers abound rong here...Bakes is de wuss trouble maker....lol
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 02:31:53 PM by truetrini SC »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 15, 2012, 05:09:44 PM »
nice read seeker very nice read...........when I say someting I does generally mean what I say and my mode on d internet is generally my mode in real life....quietly observant to straight blunt.............subtlety is simply not ah function of mih design, when ah try it ah does fail...miserably......so what yuh get here is generally is what yuh will get in person.........I dont mind meetin anybody here in d flesh even people ah cuss.......ah jess ent go plaster pictures ah mihself on the internet never liked it..........d "scowly"  eyes in mih footer is about d only visual trace ah me in cyberspace

true trini SC comment ketch mih doh, ah couldn't not laff, but ah meant no affront................... u be u dread .......anyways nice read
I pity the fool....

truetrini

« Reply #105 on: March 16, 2012, 09:49:36 AM »
nice read seeker very nice read...........when I say someting I does generally mean what I say and my mode on d internet is generally my mode in real life....quietly observant to straight blunt.............subtlety is simply not ah function of mih design, when ah try it ah does fail...miserably......so what yuh get here is generally is what yuh will get in person.........I dont mind meetin anybody here in d flesh even people ah cuss.......ah jess ent go plaster pictures ah mihself on the internet never liked it..........d "scowly"  eyes in mih footer is about d only visual trace ah me in cyberspace

true trini SC comment ketch mih doh, ah couldn't not laff, but ah meant no affront................... u be u dread .......anyways nice read

lefty, leh me ask yuh something please.

what comment I make ketch yuh?   I am not a comedian, I am a serious commentator on all things TRINI!

Allyuh does rile up man like seeker, and then say is on my instigation.

I not on dat.

By de way, did you find the federal judge to be guilty of racism?  ;)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 16, 2012, 10:29:01 AM »
asylumseeker, I like you, even when I was cutting your ass in debates about the housing market way back in 2006 (?) or is it 07?

But reading what you write reminds me of being back in my A Level English Literature class when I was studying Hardy.

In other words it can be very muddy reading.

You does talk like this everyday?  I mean in conversations with everyday, run of the mill people not associated with this board?

e.g.   
typical congressional tolerance even in similar conditions of a polarized polity and the lack of similarly egregious conduct even in the face of manifest presidential intransigence

I does be scrambling for a dictionary every time I have to read your posts so I can make sense of them.  How dem half chinee does understand you?

um dat one and is not as much what yuh write as much as how yuh write it.............and beyond laughin at dat, I made no comment about seeker's post......is does drop some 4/5 syllables mihself when ah ready so dat was no scene to me 
I pity the fool....

truetrini

« Reply #107 on: March 16, 2012, 10:30:36 AM »
lefty I on kicks breds...lol  I know exactly what I did and why you laffed,,,lol

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 16, 2012, 10:35:51 AM »
cool cool :beermug:
I pity the fool....

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 20, 2012, 08:20:04 AM »
wow, attentionseeker, yuh could real miss de simplest of points. instead of writing a novel, yuh coulda just read MEP post a few more times and give yuh brain sphincter a little pause before de diarrhea start back. yuh prove MEP point in spades.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 20, 2012, 12:15:30 PM »
If simplicity and complexity were neighbours, you would live across town.

truetrini

« Reply #111 on: March 20, 2012, 01:41:00 PM »

dais ah piece ah heights right dey.

Ways...!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 20, 2012, 02:15:02 PM »

Ways...!
Yuhs ah real fackin devil yes.  ah mean advocate.  ;D
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

truetrini

« Reply #113 on: March 20, 2012, 11:32:47 PM »

Ways...!
Yuhs ah real fackin devil yes.  ah mean advocate.  ;D

Not at all.   I throw my corn..me nah call no fowl.

So if yuh hearing cluck, cluck cluck......

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 21, 2012, 07:16:30 AM »

Ways...!

:rotfl: :rotfl:  that, and relativity, tell me everything about de level you and attentionseeker at. like an ant gazing up at a midget.

truetrini

« Reply #115 on: March 21, 2012, 07:55:23 AM »

Ways...!

:rotfl: :rotfl:  that, and relativity, tell me everything about de level you and attentionseeker at. like an ant gazing up at a midget.

You have to comment on everything, criticize everything.

You just like the conscientious Canadian critic who has a subscription to the New York Times so that he knows first hand what his opinion should be.

May your soul rest in eternal piss.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 21, 2012, 08:08:29 AM »

Ways...!

You just like the conscientious Canadian critic who has a subscription to the New York Times so that he knows first hand what his opinion should be.

tt, just to break it down for you further - you is de ant.  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

truetrini

« Reply #117 on: March 21, 2012, 08:14:36 AM »

Ways...!

tt, just to break it down for you further - you is de ant.  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Just to break it down to you, I don't care what you think, nor do the majority here.

I may be an ant, but from your thoughts anyone , even an ant, can see that you are nothing but a repast for a dung beetle.

BTW. that was some serious heights as rest on you.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 21, 2012, 08:16:53 AM »

Ways...!

Just to break it down to you, I don't care what you think, nor do the majority here.

I may be an ant, but from your thoughts anyone , even an ant, can see that you are nothing but a repast for a dung beetle.

BTW. that was some serious heights as rest on you.

if only attentionseeker had your brevity. :yawning:

truetrini

« Reply #119 on: March 21, 2012, 08:26:05 AM »
If only you had more than one neuron...that functioned.

Truth be told, you make some interesting points sometimes, but most times you have five sides on every issue, yuh like de Pentagon.

1]; } ?>