May 13, 2024, 11:24:44 PM

Author Topic: Football in Tobago makes no sense  (Read 14318 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Football in Tobago makes no sense
« Reply #90 on: April 23, 2009, 10:01:08 PM »
This is not a Trinidad or Tobago thing, some peeps trying to make it out to be, but its not.

In general, the posters whose opinions are against playing in Tobago have no ill feelings towards our folks in Tobago but rather  its about our football...is it  to our advantage? and what is the real motive behind the to move to play in DYS (we can have healthy discussions here)

All who want to stay blind could stay blind, but please dont start no beef between T&T :beermug:

my sentiments exactly  :beermug:

Cosign
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 23, 2009, 10:03:42 PM »
For some reason this has turned into allyuh hate Tobago...as I see it, it does not have anything to do with who from Trini or who from bago..we is de same people....had the TTFF been different you would not have heard ah peep outta anybody but given the recent history of TnT football and the nature of the people who run it one is left but to wonder what PROCESS or PROCESSES led to the decision of a Tobago venue.
To play in Tobago is fine but again one is also left to wonder as in '89...would the team be staying within  minutes of the venue or would they be taking an early flight that morning?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 10:05:20 PM by MEP »

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 23, 2009, 10:10:07 PM »
I agree with the writer.

There is more than just the mortar inside the pestle.

I am neither here nor there for Tobago getting a game...is just the timing of the game suspect.

I not on the Tobago issue, who toting feelings, noise in the stadium, waggonist, sacrifices to see a game etc...that is all of alyuh personal grouse and inferiority complex, real or imagined.

I have no idea why you felt the need to include this... maybe it's your own personal grouse and inferiority complex, real or imagined?  Me personally I only been to Tobago twice, once when ah was 10 and den two months ago... so trust mankind ent have de kinda imaginary hang ups you have floating around inside yuh head.

My main concern is that in a must win do or die game...by putting the match in Tobago, how has that improved our chances of winning the game?

All who for the game in Tobago answer me that!

How has it worsened our chances of winning the game?

Mindset and routine is part of the game, comfort, knowledge of the field, pre-game rituals etc.

Listen...even something as simple as shitting in the morning does get affected with a change in location. Some people just cyar do that nowhere else but home.

We turn a "home" game into an "away" game and yuh cyar spin that no way no how.

Finally....yuh ever think the TTFF know they arse is grass, the campaign over, and looking to HELP the nation by HIDING the shit them fellas does play on the field. It go only be 7500 seeing instead of 25,000...I feel that is wha going on in them fellas mind in trute.

You's normally ah sensible fella but yuh real talking ah pack ah ass right dey.  So you trying to say anytime we play in Mannie Ramjohn or de Marvin Lee that is an "away" game??  We only have ONE home field in all of Trinidad AND Tobago??  What a sorry state of affairs if true.  If that is really the case then more power to Jack then... nutten like ah sorf "road" game tuh get we ready fuh qualifying on de road, no? 

Your argument would hold more water if these men playing de football day in day out at the HCS, when in fact the reality is that half of them play at facilities worse than the Dwight Yorke, and the other half ply their trade overseas... so HCS is only remotely familiar to them... if yuh really talking about routine and all ah dat.  How much time yuh think that particular US squad dat cut we ass in Tennessee play at LP field?

Bakes I understand where you coming from and thank you for putting your logic across.

Now hear me out...we really only have TWO home fields in TT. My view is that WCQ is SERIOUS ting, it is what brings out the passion in people and the HCS and Oval are the only places large enough when the crowd get into it, to collectively intimidate an opponent and showcase our passion...e.g. If you were at the Bahrain match they came out scared and timid. They walked in a little group and were in awe in the middle of the field in the pre-match walkabout. Yes the 25,000 of us had that effect on them...it was noise and the visual sea of red was a sight to behold...Do you remember how they couldnt even kick a ball for the opening 20 minutes...It was then we had the opportunity to slaughter them but we were coasting. it was waggonists galore but we had a cokes bottle rattle and thundersticks and all the riddim sections and it was boss.

Now this line I would like to challenge...
Your argument would hold more water if these men playing de football day in day out at the HCS

Yes our players do...the local pro league players have their matches there. All those who play for unnattached fc and were part of the national team have played a significant amount of games there and all the veterans of our WC team have fought many a do or die battle in the HCS and come out victorious.

So is not day in day out...but is plenty playing time for some and important battles won for others.

Finally I think the issue about USA and their playing games is not a fair comparison..they have better facilities, a larger population, more fans to satisfy, a larger professional player pool and their location scheduling of games is also based on the opponent that they are going to face. For friendlies they will use the demographic to sell tickets. But they are careful in putting games where there are less Hispanics for WCQ. JA and TT are not threats to them in WCQ and we fall into the maximization of ticket revenue bracket.

Good discussion we will carry on
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 10:17:46 PM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 23, 2009, 10:12:23 PM »
Bakes,
            When there was all the  grand charging with venue for the first game, Jack say the Oval, then South, then Arima, then his stadium. Why did he not play it in Sando.  Mannie  bigger than his own and I sure the Southerners would have come out in full support. South does hardly get international games as before.

But anyhow, in the future we should spread the games around. Scarborough, Sando, Palo Seco, Point, even Grande(if they fix the field). US does play all over and still cut we arse. How come we can't do the same.

This argument would have been mute if this team was playing good. They are not.We don't have confidence in them.

Deeks... I agree with yuh.  I doh mind they only playing it at one or two stadiums to be honest, or if they say HCS is we home field... with the occasional game elsewhere.  But fans in South, and MOST importantly, the fans in Tobago deserve to see a quality game in their backyard.  Even if yuh throw ah non-qualifier bone tuh de Southerners (since it really ent no hardship for them to ride up de Uriah Butler), Tobago fans should get ah chance to see ah big match at home man.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 23, 2009, 10:23:47 PM »
Bakes I dealing with Socafan...let me hear him first and I will share my thoughts with both of you.

Arrite, fair enuf.

However the passionate fans point to me is mere speculation...yet to be proven.

As is your contention that we will somehow suffer for having played the game in Tobago, no?

So Tobago people doh have no waggonists in their midst or doh gape are Carib girls? I could push a stupid talk and say based on the number of games played there they might be suffering from unaccustommed...but noise in the stands does not always equate to performance on the field...so I not convinced on this point.

Yuh don't have to be... but the fact is that this being their first (and likely last for a long time) WC qualifier, this game will attract some never-see-come-sees... but I bet you every man jack who serious about dey football in Tobago go turn out too tuh make noise.  In fact why yuh doh rounds up yuh crew and make de lime?

Also on sheer numbers is 7,500 vs 22,000...plus the hasely have a few riddim sections going and people use the thundersticks and whistles/noisemakers that are handed out. Honestly the Guatemala game had much more noise in it than the last Honduras game and For Guatemala, Mexico and Bahrain in the last WCQ the atmosphere was good. If the HCS on point DYS cyar touch it.

But ok...for what its worth Benefit #1 (better louder and more passionate fans in bago)..speculation.

I never posited it as fact... none of us can conclusively predict the impact (positive or negative) of playing the game in Tobago.  It's not like we have some precedent to go on... so all ah we speculating, pro and con.

Personally Bakes...I cyar shit nowhere else but home. Dais me...my bamsee does get shy. When I travel abroad..even a down the islands etc I will get a bout of constipation. If a runnings take me...is straight home.

I want to go in meh bed soon so I waiting for Socafan and the rest. Doh frighten i go continue this shortly.

But I will hit you one fact...just a thought...how are your feelings about Home Record. Like Liverpool at the Kop or Manu in Trafford or Chelsea at the Bridge or Arsenal etc. What do you think is the reason for that...fans chanting aside.

Creature comforts of playing at home... no doubt, but in large part it's the emotional lift the team gets from playing in front its home fans, that likely is the biggest reason.  Have any of them home teams play in front of a hostile crowd (opposing teams' fans) in their own stadium and I bet the record will be different.  The fans are the biggest reason for the home advantage... not the fact that yuh could find de showers with yuh eye closed and one hand tied behind yuh back.

Trinidad and Tobago currently has an excellent record in the HCS and have not lost a WCQ there since Beenhaker came on board. The one loss in WCQ at home was in the marvin lee.

Does that record count for anything? Is it not an achievement to be proud of?...we did beat USA, Mexico, Guatemala, Panama and Cuba there...the HCS has a positive vibes...intangible maybe but a record currently exists.

but we go get into more points later on.

It definitely counts for something... but how many other qualifiers have we played elsewhere in TnT to say for sure that it's the facility itself and not the support of the fans?  When England arrive last summer to play is then man found out how terrible the facilities were, is not like HCS is some plush outfit that the players automatically get ah edge once dey spot it from Wrightson Rd.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 23, 2009, 10:37:10 PM »
Bakes I understand where you coming from and thank you for putting your logic across.

Now hear me out...we really only have TWO home fields in TT. My view is that WCQ is SERIOUS ting, it is what brings out the passion in people and the HCS and Oval are the only places large enough when the crowd get into it, to collectively intimidate an opponent and showcase our passion...e.g. If you were at the Bahrain match they came out scared and timid. They walked in a little group and were in awe in the middle of the field in the pre-match walkabout. Yes the 25,000 of us had that effect on them...it was noise and the visual sea of red was a sight to behold...Do you remember how they couldnt even kick a ball for the opening 20 minutes...It was then we had the opportunity to slaughter them but we were coasting. it was waggonists galore but we had a cokes bottle rattle and thundersticks and all the riddim sections and it was boss.

I agree with you that the Oval and HCS are excellent venues based on our records there... and yes, if it ent broke doh fix it.  However, at this point we don't know for fact that the DYS would have a negative impact, just as we don't know if it will have a positive impact... none of us can really say.  And yes, this is a critical game... but which WCQ isn't?  If not NOW... when??

Now this line I would like to challenge...
Your argument would hold more water if these men playing de football day in day out at the HCS

Yes our players do...the local pro league players have their matches there. All those who play for unnattached fc and were part of the national team have played a significant amount of games there and all the veterans of our WC team have fought many a do or die battle in the HCS and come out victorious.

So is not day in day out...but is plenty playing time for some and important battles won for others.

Okay, I can concede that point then. 

Although as I said, to me it makes no material difference, is not like DYS would be such a drop off in quality as to have an effect on the players.  Concededly I don't know... I never kick ball fuh de national team at the HCS... but with all due respect, neither has anyone else here (to my knowledge).  So none of us really would know the impact from a players perspective... THAT would be great to find out.  If Latas (supposedly) has no issues with it... whom am I to complain?

Finally I think the issue about USA and their playing games is not a fair comparison..they have better facilities, a larger population, more fans to satisfy, a larger professional player pool and their location scheduling of games is also based on the opponent that they are going to face. For friendlies they will use the demographic to sell tickets. But they are careful in putting games where there are less Hispanics for WCQ. JA and TT are not threats to them in WCQ and we fall into the maximization of ticket revenue bracket.

Good discussion we will carry on

How does that matter?  The better facilities argument implies that all the stadia are of similar standard so there's no drop off from one to the other, right?  I've never been to the DYS and is twenty plus yrs since I was last at the HCS... but my guess is that the two are comparable in terms of quality and amenity... no?

Fan base... Sam's Army will travel and support their team whether is Home Depot Center in LA, or Toyota Center in Chicago.  Is it the same set of fans... maybe not.  But I know that just as we does organize lime and roll with we crew dem men does do the same on their message board, so general fan base aside, the diehard followers mindset is "have ticket, will travel".  Wha'm tuh we... why we can't do de same?

---------

Morgz... big post  :beermug:

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 23, 2009, 10:48:01 PM »
It definitely counts for something... but how many other qualifiers have we played elsewhere in TnT to say for sure that it's the facility itself and not the support of the fans?

Last one for the night from me eh Bakes...

From my recollection...back in time...the Strike squad..oval vs Honduras draw...a good string of wins at home only to lose to the USA in the HCS.

Revisit the Bertille/Porter field campaign. it was a combo of the Oval and the HCS.We beat Canada 4 in the oval, 7 past Panama and drew with Mexico after leading them and outplaying them...The Oval had a run of games and we had a good momentum in the semi-final round of matches qualifying ahead of mexico..we top the damn group.

Yes we talking WCQ but we also played a few games and won a shell cup there hitting Martinique 7 in the final.

Bakes lewwe wait on the other comments nah...you go lash meh on the other 7 I have. But lemme see what Socafan and the others have nah.

I know how happy those in Tobago are for the lil bligh...no scene, I does real ben to go Marvin Lee to watch a match so the sacrifices Tobago people make are appreciated...What is more hurtful...is that our team turns around and repays our efforts by a pathetic display devoid of passion on the field...but dat is a seperate issue.

I not fighting nobody down. I am merely curious as to the benefits of playing THIS game now across there.  When we know the track record of the man in charge. I asking, but only you take up the mantle...and I ent hear nuttin yet to sorfen my stance even though I understand the point where yuh coming from. Is the others I waiting on.

Till tom nah.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 23, 2009, 11:03:44 PM »
It definitely counts for something... but how many other qualifiers have we played elsewhere in TnT to say for sure that it's the facility itself and not the support of the fans?

From my recollection...back in time...the Strike squad..oval vs Honduras draw...a good string of wins at home only to lose to the USA in the HCS.

Revisit the Bertille/Porter field campaign. it was a combo of the Oval and the HCS.We beat Canada 4 in the oval, 7 past Panama and drew with Mexico after leading them and outplaying them...The Oval had a run of games and we had a good momentum in the semi-final round of matches qualifying ahead of mexico..we top the damn group.

Yes we talking WCQ but we also played a few games and won a shell cup there hitting Martinique 7 in the final.

Bakes lewwe wait on the other comments nah...you go lash meh on the other 7 I have. But lemme see what Socafan and the others have nah.

I know how happy those in Tobago are for the lil bligh...no scene, I does real ben to go Marvin Lee to watch a match so the sacrifices Tobago people make are appreciated...What is more hurtful...is that our team turns around and repays our efforts by a pathetic display devoid of passion on the field...but dat is a seperate issue.

I not fighting nobody down. I am merely curious as to the benefits of playing THIS game now across there.  When we know the track record of the man in charge. I asking, but only you take up the mantle...and I ent hear nuttin yet to sorfen my stance even though I understand the point where yuh coming from. Is the others I waiting on.

Till tom nah.

Arrite cool  :beermug:

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 24, 2009, 04:23:41 AM »
This is not a Trinidad or Tobago thing, some peeps trying to make it out to be, but its not.

In general, the posters whose opinions are against playing in Tobago have no ill feelings towards our folks in Tobago but rather  its about our football...is it  to our advantage? and what is the real motive behind the to move to play in DYS (we can have healthy discussions here)

All who want to stay blind could stay blind, but please dont start no beef between T&T :beermug:

my sentiments exactly  :beermug:

what u telling me bout motive? i  have to travel to trini to buy tickets, then travel to trini 4 d game. and u telling me bout motive  y the game is in being played in bago. did any 1 care y concacaf was giving ah 1/2 spot against asisa in the last wcq. did any1 want to find out the motives 4 that? no really allyuh serious.
now to tell how allyuh bogus squared .  we have played games in marvin lee stadium queens park oval and marabella. how come there wasnt this great "discourse". after all  is  your football ah mean our football.
 if u see shit call it shit dont tell me is sugar coated shit. allyuh have a problem with the game being played in tobago and it has nothing to do with so called home advantage. i prefer if men man up and admit that  openly. after all   TRI means trinidad and tobago at the olympics . that tells alot of how the lil  sister isle is viewed or not viewed for that manner

the only good thing here is that we have never beaten costa rica so if we get a negative result  ppl cannot frown on the DYS as being the reason.

by the way i find mi way down marabella to watch tnt already eh and ah didnt know where i was going.buh say wah i have ah liat jet
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 04:26:11 AM by freakazoid »
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 24, 2009, 07:49:49 AM »
Morning all...I back to hear alyuh.

I in Bago from the 5th-7.

Freakazoid...give thanks breds. I understand your frustration and I admire your support to the team.

But Freak relax a bit nah and forget your personal sacrifices to see a TT game. Take that out of the equation and look at all the other factors...that is all I want you to do. Just for a minute.

It have Motives breds...we play Bahrain...because they were from the next weakest confederation. So you feel Jack ent work dat magic in FIFA Office. It was our chance to go. Who you feel arranging fixtures?
Why you feel fixtures change this rounds to South America?... We get a loop hole and we use it. We earn that right and we win the battle..but it was a one and done.

Jack not studying the feelings of people in Tobago who like football....because those who love the Warriors paying their money like you to come across and watch the game anyway. Ent !
Freak it have a motive breds...the bottom line is Money and is something sacrificing for something.

Arghm...the point by which the Acronym is TRI...I dont know who you should take up your beef with. I dont know who came up with it or if is a standard method used. It is usually all letters and not symbols...so maybe dais why they ent use the &.

For Socafan, Bakes and Dwolfman
...the point about USA playing games wild all over the place, besides what I have already purported with regard to opposition, ticket sales etc. The USA is the EXCEPTION rather than the norm of all the other teams in Concacaf. Of the other teams in Concacaf who make the hex, where do they play?

Mexico while they have other stadiums play WCQ in the Azteca and have their own winning Record.

Costa Rica and Saprissa Std…where else do they play but that small artificial turf pitch.

Honduras...have their own little fortress

Guatemala the same....we collect 5, 4 and draw.

Jamaica…the Office.

Only Canada does play they games wild wild all over the place.

To say they do not have alternative venues to play is rubbish…all the countries mentioned have other stadia. What they do not do is play their WCQ outside of their main fortress.

My point is that if it is EASY for us to move games just so to the smaller stadia and Tobago just so…and for an important Do or Die…we kill the little home record/intimidation factor that I probably imagine we have….or we never had a home advantage in the first place ( I refuse to believe this)…Is years we trying to build a fortress atmosphere..we had all kinda name competition/poll on this site.

In this Do or Die game…move the battlefield to a outlaying camp….nah man something wrong. What it is?

But I will show alyuh meh thought process later on. Waiting for the benefit points still...

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 24, 2009, 07:55:42 AM »
It costs me $300 airfare to watch a game in the HCS.....so..... I will be buying a bottle of JWB and walking to the DYS.......allyuh come help me drink it  ;D

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 24, 2009, 08:00:14 AM »
I want coconut water as chaser please..thanks in advance.

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 24, 2009, 08:02:21 AM »
Morning all...I back to hear alyuh.

I in Bago from the 5th-7.

Freakazoid...give thanks breds. I understand your frustration and I admire your support to the team.

But Freak relax a bit nah and forget your personal sacrifices to see a TT game. Take that out of the equation and look at all the other factors...that is all I want you to do. Just for a minute.

It have Motives breds...we play Bahrain...because they were from the next weakest confederation. So you feel Jack ent work dat magic in FIFA Office. It was our chance to go. Who you feel arranging fixtures?
Why you feel fixtures change this rounds to South America?... We get a loop hole and we use it. We earn that right and we win the battle..but it was a one and done.

Jack not studying the feelings of people in Tobago who like football....because those who love the Warriors paying their money like you to come across and watch the game anyway. Ent !
Freak it have a motive breds...the bottom line is Money and is something sacrificing for something.

Arghm...the point by which the Acronym is TRI...I dont know who you should take up your beef with. I dont know who came up with it or if is a standard method used. It is usually all letters and not symbols...so maybe dais why they ent use the &.

For Socafan, Bakes and Dwolfman
...the point about USA playing games wild all over the place, besides what I have already purported with regard to opposition, ticket sales etc. The USA is the EXCEPTION rather than the norm of all the other teams in Concacaf. Of the other teams in Concacaf who make the hex, where do they play?

Mexico while they have other stadiums play WCQ in the Azteca and have their own winning Record.

Costa Rica and Saprissa Std…where else do they play but that small artificial turf pitch.

Honduras...have their own little fortress

Guatemala the same....we collect 5, 4 and draw.

Jamaica…the Office.

Only Canada does play they games wild wild all over the place.

To say they do not have alternative venues to play is rubbish…all the countries mentioned have other stadia. What they do not do is play their WCQ outside of their main fortress.

My point is that if it is EASY for us to move games just so to the smaller stadia and Tobago just so…and for an important Do or Die…we kill the little home record/intimidation factor that I probably imagine we have….or we never had a home advantage in the first place ( I refuse to believe this)…Is years we trying to build a fortress atmosphere..we had all kinda name competition/poll on this site.

In this Do or Die game…move the battlefield to a outlaying camp….nah man something wrong. What it is?

But I will show alyuh meh thought process later on. Waiting for the benefit points still...

I both agree and disagree with this statement...a major thing about home advantage is atmosphere and our local fans very rarely create any kind of intimidating atmosphere..you spoke of the bahrain game...and spoke of the atmosphere in the game..

the atmosphere the HCS had at the start of that game was awesome..the riddim section was going...Ah "we go f dem up chant was running early on.." then as the game went on..the crowd lose momentum..bahrain score..we get silent..then it pick back up wen birchall score..to this day apart from the panama game in 99 that was the best crowd I was a part of at any local football game..

but as for the lack of a fortress..i think we're sleeping on the fact we're slowly creating one..

WE HAVE NOT LOST A WORLD CUP QUALIFIER AT THE HASELY CRAWFORD STADIUM FOR FOUR AND A HALF YEARS!!!!! Even Bertille was able to get a point offa Costa Rica at the Stadium in 05... and prior to the the Mexico loss in 04..the last defeat in WCQ was Costa Rica in '01...

I fairly new in terms  of supporting the team cuz i now start working and could afford to buy my own tickets and thing..buh amazingly I have never been present at Trinidad and Tobago game where we lost.

This being said, the supporters have to leanr how to create that atmosphere that will further strengthen/ create our fortress...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 24, 2009, 08:06:46 AM »

Cue Brownsugar she carry all d way 2 Nashville so bago yuh safe. U might get it straight out d nut
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 24, 2009, 08:07:12 AM »
Not a problem

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 24, 2009, 08:17:05 AM »
WE HAVE NOT LOST A WORLD CUP QUALIFIER AT THE HASELY CRAWFORD STADIUM FOR FOUR AND A HALF YEARS!!!!!

Hmm...that coinciding nicely with how long I back in the country and I eh miss a game yet, so I taking some credit for that :-)
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 24, 2009, 08:25:01 AM »
WE HAVE NOT LOST A WORLD CUP QUALIFIER AT THE HASELY CRAWFORD STADIUM FOR FOUR AND A HALF YEARS!!!!!

Hmm...that coinciding nicely with how long I back in the country and I eh miss a game yet, so I taking some credit for that :-)

So u need 2 strt d streak at DY c u in bago

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 24, 2009, 09:02:15 AM »
Nah i went to Marvin Lee against Bermuda, so it might only apply to HCS  :D

I will be in Tobago for the game though...I am a soca warrior, win or lose i am a fighter.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 24, 2009, 09:44:25 AM »

This game playing in HCS.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 24, 2009, 11:50:02 AM »

U hoping, praying or telling we that u have first hand information on that?

Let me know quick, nah, cause my non-refunadble deposit due at the end of next week for a villa in Tobago.

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 24, 2009, 11:03:20 PM »

Till tom nah.

What comments you waiting on breds.........There is no advantage to the football to playing in DYS (since yuh saying fan support is only conjecture). IT IS JUST ANOTHER HOME GAME. This will also hold true if the game were to be played in any other world class facility anywhere in TNT.

Let me rephrase it so maybe yuh will understand......There is no advantage to the football to playing in HCS.

Anywhere in TnT is a home game. The HCS in and of itself does not bestow some magical, special, extra football prowess to our players, nor does it detract skills from other teams. Not one, none, nobody, none of our players will feel that playing at the DYS is like playing "away". Is that what yuh saying? To them it is equivalent to playing in Tennessee or the Azteca is what allyuh saying?? That is one of the most asinine things I have heard on this forum and will be worth reprising for a year end award. The DYS is an "away game" for the national team.....well yes. So what..the Mannie too....how 'bout the Oval?

Suppose 1 year we in the HEX and the HCS closed for unforseen needed repairs. We go have all away games that year? steups...

Adjust yuh post man..
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 11:09:27 PM by Socafan »
Two islands are better than one.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 25, 2009, 02:47:30 AM »

Let me know quick, nah, cause my non-refunadble deposit due at the end of next week for a villa in Tobago.

Yuh have room in the villa ?
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 26, 2009, 07:40:02 PM »
Touches reach back yet?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 26, 2009, 07:46:42 PM »

BM say it sound like it headin back 2 T'dad. U brave 2 book room wit JW. I eh buy meh boat tick yet because u must have heard d story bout yday and 2day

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 26, 2009, 08:00:37 PM »
OK my peeps say game in bago.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 26, 2009, 08:11:47 PM »
let this sc**t haul he mudda.. Tobago is part a we .. and Tobago guh show this facker how dem does support dey people.. is full time now Tobago get a  farking world cup game.. Big up mi bago ppl dem..
war...
Black Lives Matter..

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 26, 2009, 08:39:44 PM »

Yuh have room in the villa ?

For females...

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 26, 2009, 10:04:13 PM »
This thread is nonsense,we should'nt even be discussing this as far as I remember is trinidad & tobago end of story.....

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 27, 2009, 07:43:10 PM »
After reflecting for a few days I have realised what the "issue" is.

We simply all have a different view of what the word "HOME" means.

Taking the definition...I have highlighted common contexts used. If one is to judge the responses given via the points made you will see where everybody is coming from.

home
   /hoʊm/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [hohm] Show IPA noun, adjective, adverb, verb, homed, hom⋅ing.
–noun

1.    a house, apartment, or other shelter that is the usual residence of a person, family, or household.
2.    the place in which one's domestic affections are centered.
3.    an institution for the homeless, sick, etc.: a nursing home.
4.    the dwelling place or retreat of an animal.
5.    the place or region where something is native or most common.
6.    any place of residence or refuge: a heavenly home.
7.    a person's native place or own country.
8.    (in games) the destination or goal.
9.    a principal base of operations or activities: The new stadium will be the home of the local football team.
10.    Baseball. home plate.
11.    Lacrosse. one of three attack positions nearest the opposing goal.

–adjective
12.    of, pertaining to, or connected with one's home or country; domestic: home products.
13.    principal or main: the corporation's home office.
14.    reaching the mark aimed at: a home thrust.
15.    Sports. played in a ball park, arena, or the like, that is or is assumed to be the center of operations of a team: The pitcher didn't lose a single home game all season. Compare away (def. 11).

–adverb
16.    to, toward, or at home: to go home.
17.    deep; to the heart: The truth of the accusation struck home.
18.    to the mark or point aimed at: He drove the point home.
19.    Nautical.
a.    into the position desired; perfectly or to the greatest possible extent: sails sheeted home.
b.    in the proper, stowed position: The anchor is home.
c.    toward its vessel: to bring the anchor home.

–verb (used without object)
20.    to go or return home.
21.    (of guided missiles, aircraft, etc.) to proceed, esp. under control of an automatic aiming mechanism, toward a specified target, as a plane, missile, or location (often fol. by in on): The missile homed in on the target.
22.    to navigate toward a point by means of coordinates other than those given by altitudes.
23.    to have a home where specified; reside.

–verb (used with object)
24.    to bring or send home.
25.    to provide with a home.
26.    to direct, esp. under control of an automatic aiming device, toward an airport, target, etc.

—Idioms
27.    at home,
a.    in one's own house or place of residence.
b.    in one's own town or country.
c.    prepared or willing to receive social visits: Tell him I'm not at home. We are always at home to her.
d.    in a situation familiar to one; at ease: She has a way of making everyone feel at home.
e.    well-informed; proficient: to be at home in the classics.
f.    played in one's hometown or on one's own grounds: The Yankees played two games at home and one away. 

So we are all right...

Some of us have viewed a home game as one being played in either of the two islands in any location.
While I was of the view that "HOME" referred to as point 9 and 15...hence my "Away" description of Tobago and the DYS.

Having you all now understand my view of "Home" you may get a better sense of where I am coming from and my asking how would changing the location of the game lead to our success. Having read Socafans last response further clarified both of our positions.

Socafan I found you to be disrespectful, there is no need to cuss if someone does not share your same point of view (Besides a c**t is a nice thing) Which is why I was awaiting a position from you to "justify" your comments.  But is no scene.

Bakes, Dwolfman...just follow meh here. I had alyuh waiting for my points for a few days and is only now I get a chance to respond to you fellas.

Now, Socafan I would like to refute your position of there not being an advantage to the football when we play in the HCS. As the principal base of operations that is where memories are created, vibes are built and emotions are played out.

You know the saying a house is not a home...that is how I feel about this game being played in Tobago.

Imagine growing up from a child to an adult in a House. Everything you have learnt, all memories good and bad have been fostered there.

Time passes and you leave these shores...After a few years ...You come back...you "HOME" again, you set up residence again, but you are in a new house...things change...it will never be the same as the place you grew up and what you were accustommed to.

The home that you left...that is the place you know where the dishes are, what is in what drawer, what problems exist...only you know the technique how to open a certain door or gate and only you know how to close it back.

Those little things are the difference between Family and Stranger.

That...as irrelevant as it may seem, is what creates the Hasely Crawford stadium as something special and has given us the record we possess, believe it or not.

Anyway these are the points I had. (since whenever, I had them saved)

1)Familiarity of grounds….saying the men is pros…playing in worse grounds…playing there before…all yet to be seen…it is about making the adjustment and being comfortable. E.g…oval vs Martinique…home game but men slipping on the grass wrong boots….vs Bermuda….turf adjustment, different bounce of the ball, run of the pitch.

Imagine how may times have you seen our team just falling down or looking uncomfortable and the opposition making the adjustment easy.

We play a friendly yet…training start there yet…alyuh know if the team camping in Tobago or flying game day….It is the TTFF we dealing with, doh act as if it professional and things in place, they vikey do not act surprised at nuttin they do…is when things go smooth then you must be surprised.

2) Home field advantage/record...we have not lost a WCQ in the HCS since Beenhaker.

3) Transport/accomodation/travel logistics already existing...we know the TTFF does mess up things. Having a set routine with hotels, ticketing, licence, permits, police, fire presence, sound system etc is an advantage. I am not saying the TTFF is inept but up to now they cant get the Flag size right..a simple thing like that...hosting an important game in a different location may cause some more problems.

4) Lord forbid if injury occurs...access to proper health care facilities.

5) Individual player routine/focus established.

6) Large visible crowd support...(notice I did not say vocal)

7) Opportunity for the TTFF to maximise gate receipts and revenue stream.

8) Opportunity for the sponsors...to carry out their promotions to a larger target audience

Looking back the points were valid given the context but they do not matter anymore.
Anyways, I have typed enough and I am over with this topic. I appreciate all points of view even criticism, I will be in Tobago on the 6th and I wish my team well. Hoping for a victory vs Costa Rica.

Best of luck Warriors

:beermug:
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 07:49:37 PM by Touches »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 27, 2009, 10:38:06 PM »
Having clarified your position I understand your perspective a bit more... most informative was the different definitions of "home" that we entered the discussion with.  Not having that as a common jumping off point means that we launched ourselves in disparate directions to begin with, so we were never headed towards the same end.

I can see why HCS should be considered the home base... I'm sure (using my earlier example) that even the US team would consider some field... be it Columbus, or Home Depot in Carson, CA... or some other field to be their "home" field.  But I'm sure you understand now why so many of us would consider DYS just as much 'home' as HCS.  At any rate I wasn't paying this game too much mind because I never travel to TnT just for a game, I failed to take my schedule into consideration though and as it turns out I'll be in TnT that week so I too will be at the game  :beermug:

1]; } ?>