May 03, 2024, 09:16:22 PM

Author Topic: Every Part of Society needs its own advocate that is my point  (Read 1540 times)

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Every Part of Society needs its own advocate that is my point
« on: August 03, 2005, 11:58:56 AM »
Alyuh men does keep missing my point.

Yes we could take the 850 Million and Build a new Hiway or a train system or a Hospital or put a computer in school.

But I am an advocate for sport and you cannot be an advocate for all things,

Men want to give the money to athletes directly so they can train but that is not where you start,

You have to start with infrastructure

We do not have the correct sporting infrasturcture

Years now we calling for the Football Academy the one the Govt give the TTFF the land for down in south
Up to now it aint build yet

Now Manning looking to build a sporting academy man vex

You could talk and Talk for days and disburse funds from now this the next oil boom or save the money and give it out as welfare to hungry people who dont have no work

Or plant garden on the Betham and give away the food free.

I advocating for the Sports man.

We need Sport Academies
We need Stadiums
We need Community facilities
We need School sporting facilities

anything they want to build on that list I taking and in any order at any price.

Why Because at the end of the day not 1 trini getting to see $1 out of that 850 million.

Back in the 1970 there was 1 million dollars for nearly every family in Trinidad and half the country was starving and Half still starving and living in shacks.

Help poor people with money for what?
So you go have to help them tomorrow again?

America is the richest country in the world and they have welfare and people still hungry.
So what helping people go do.

Man talking bout South too far and too much traffic jam, Nonsense

In 20 years south might be more populated than woodbrook.

15 years ago Trincity mall was a cane field I watch it build up with my own 2 eyes, now it have cineplex and a golf course.

All I am saying is

There is a reason why all our good athletes have to go to the USA to go to School to run Track or Swim, or all our young players have to go beg for work permit and the reason is

THEY HAVE BETTER SPORTING FACILITIES IN ANY UNIVERSITY IN THE US THAN IN THE WHOLE OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO.
Every High School in the US have a running Track, Have Tennis courts , Basket ball hoop Baseball and football and soccer field

Every single freaking one

Every single one have a swiming pool.

If you dont have swiming pools you will never have any swimmers.

It is not about the athletes of Today, it too late for them, it is about tomorrow.

Imagine in a country that has won a Gold Medal in the 100 M dash there is not 1 public running track where the pubilc can just walk in and run on the track.

That is a freaking shame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF we build a Multimillion dollar pool in South

yes the lil swimmers who does swim in the pool down West Moorings will have far to drive if they want to swim in the pool and chances are they not in for that.

But that pool is not about them or even for them.

That pool there for the 2 year old youth from deep south who may never ever see west moorings far less to swim in the pool.

It is about having an infrasturcture to allow future athletes to maximize there potential.

And for the record Trinidad is 60 miles by 40 miles it aint have no way far in Trinidad.
It just have plenty Talkers and more talkers

If it too far to drive Build a next Airport down south and buy a plane ticket and fly.
Then we could argue about a next $850 million project to build a new airport in deep south.

If you take 10 million dollars and give it to the 10 best cyclist to train for the next olympics when that money done it done and maybe we win a few medals.

Take 100 Million and build a cycling track and 10 years from now cyclist will still have somewhere to train.
Yes the current cyclist go get short change $$$ wise but it is not about them, it is about the next generation, that is how you advance that is how you improve.

If you old enough to argue about whether or not to build a $850 Million dollar you old enough to know you should shut up, because the complex not for you it is for the athletes 20- 30 years down the road having a better chance than the ones today.

Take the Anology of the US Space Industry

In the 40's and 50's the US spent billions to try out rocket ships

Then it went from Man on Space to man on moon to shuttles to Space Station to Mars Rover.
How many people who was around in the 40's and 50's working on them space ships are alive today,

50 years from now when all the water on earth polluted and the US flying back ice blocks from space to make water and sell it to alyuh backside at $5 a gallon you do not want to be left saying, "maybe we should have built a spaceship. because by them you 100 years to late"

No Infrastructure is Bad Infrastructure
Always be forward in thinking.

We need a million dollar cricket center and swimming center and football center and what ever else they want to put in the center. And when we done building that one we should start on building the next one!

Life is a sport
Play it!

Sport is a self contained Clean Industry.

It is good for Humanity
It requires no Imports
No Exports
No foreign dollar devaluation
No foreign Investment to take all the money
It does not Pollute
It provides mass employment
All people can participate
It is Good for you
It makes you feel good.

Everybody in TnT complaining about work and money and the future.

Sport is a self contained industry that can be 100% locally sustained providing mass employment and far reaching benefits.
A lucrative Sports industry will solve all problems in TnT from unemployment to crime to health care.

I am an advocate for sport
I say invest in Sport!

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Re: Every Part of Society needs its own advocate that is my point
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2005, 12:16:10 PM »
Oh gos wheer else yuh seeing man taking real interets in matters which they are passionate about? de forum here  good tuh bad yes. One tuh read.

http://www.leagueoffans.org/coreprinciples.html

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2005, 01:39:08 PM »
KND- I agree give it to Sports , but spread the Facilities around with that amount of money , not in one place in one area. That is all men are saying.
Another thing - How many athlethes made it big and trained and stayed at home. Big Fish in small pond- Ask Dwarika.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2005, 02:18:15 PM »
The most valuable resource a nation can have is its human resource. I concede that infrasture facilitates the development people but I do not agree that it is a panacea for developing high performance athletes.

Today, four years after the U17 tournament where is football in Trinidad and Tobago, and I don't mean the National Team. Youth,Women, Domestic league etc., can we really say that there has been any improvement ? The answer is a resounding no. We built 4 stadia and renovated the Hasely Crawford Stadium but football has not improved. We can't continue to construct buildings without long term plans.

Any infrastructural develpment must be intrinsic to a general developmental strategy for sport. Money should be spent to develop schools for training coaches and administrators. We must implement strategies to increase the participation sport and thereby its competitivity. With respect to the development of a National Sports Academy I am in agreement with that suggestion. However, this Academy should use the schools, primary and secondary as feeder system. The schools themselves should benefit from equipment and coaches that we do not presently have.

The countries that succeed at sport focus on youth develpment and use scientific methods measure and improve performance. They are able to do these things not just because they have the equipment and infrastructure but because their coaches are well trained and can provide innovative and valuable consultancy to the athletes .

I say if we want to develop sport it must start with people not bricks and mortar. I don't think that equates to $850 million.

1]; } ?>