May 20, 2024, 04:54:35 PM

Author Topic: Darrel Brown (PB 9.99) & former 100m WJR Holder Aug 2003 to June 2014 @10.01  (Read 121482 times)

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: darrel brown
« Reply #300 on: May 08, 2011, 12:56:11 PM »
Any video links for the race?

Offline Paceman123

• Full Warrior
  • The talent to be a great runner is a gift from Go
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 08, 2011, 03:18:11 PM »
Yea man it on Youtube i think

Offline Paceman123

• Full Warrior
  • The talent to be a great runner is a gift from Go
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 08, 2011, 03:22:17 PM »
Look it here relax
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/SoEx3ncBCLA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/SoEx3ncBCLA</a>
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 07:26:34 AM by Socapro »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 08, 2011, 04:29:41 PM »
Look it here relax
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/SoEx3ncBCLA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/SoEx3ncBCLA</a>

Thanks Pace.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 07:26:50 AM by Socapro »

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 08, 2011, 05:14:59 PM »
Look it here relax

Only the last 30m are really visible, but he did look technically sound and relaxed. Hopefully he gets himself into some higher quality races over the next few weeks to test himself. Will have to be 0.30-0.40 seconds faster in 6 weeks time to position himslef to make the team.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 07:27:15 AM by Socapro »
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

truetrini

« Reply #305 on: May 09, 2011, 06:43:23 PM »
steups, grand mother could beat he.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 09, 2011, 08:53:37 PM »
looked like he toying with them.

truetrini

« Reply #307 on: May 09, 2011, 09:56:44 PM »

steups while he playing games, Yohan Blake running 9.80...It look like dat meet was HUGE..what about 23 people...and 20 ah dem was track stewards???  Steups..allyuh keep living in hope.

Richard thompson is annoder on e playing de arse..leh he stay dey with dat coach he have...

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #308 on: May 10, 2011, 03:17:26 AM »
Shit i just glad he run a race at all ,,, and finish the race with no injuries .. to be honest if he had run 11 flat I'd have been happy.

I was so shocked when I saw that he actually ran a race. After two odd years I suppose that's ok.

Best of luck to him, my heart bleeds for what this talented yute has had to go through.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline STMB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 10, 2011, 05:09:53 AM »
One step at a time.

Darrel always looks "relaxed" when he runs, so he may not necessarily been "toying" with the opposition, but running as best he could at this point. No sense rushing him back too fast, it is what it is.

Given the criticisms, I propose Trinity Cross and his grandmother for TT 4x100m, I supporting all my Trini athletes, no matter what. :rotfl:

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 10, 2011, 12:09:38 PM »
One step at a time.

Darrel always looks "relaxed" when he runs, so he may not necessarily been "toying" with the opposition, but running as best he could at this point. No sense rushing him back too fast, it is what it is.

Given the criticisms, I propose Trinity Cross and his grandmother for TT 4x100m, I supporting all my Trini athletes, no matter what. :rotfl:

Yo tambien !! especially those with tried and tested ability. I did not give up on Crawfie ...and I eh giving up on Darrel . Is only fellas like ben johnson and dem who could come back faster after injury ...we takin it slow ...spoke to someone in Darrel's  camp and he explained that it is unrealistic to see darrel below 10 this season ...all they want is for him to stay injury free. according to the source ...the Rolls royce is looking good ..easy and relaxed ...we all know that yuh kyah keep cork under water...I going down wid Brung !!!

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 10, 2011, 02:43:13 PM »

steups while he playing games, Yohan Blake running 9.80...It look like dat meet was HUGE..what about 23 people...and 20 ah dem was track stewards???  Steups..allyuh keep living in hope.

Richard thompson is annoder on e playing de arse..leh he stay dey with dat coach he have...

Definitely hear your frustrations Trinity. Dont think RT making the final in the World champs this year. I will put my money on MB making it over RT this year.

Must say It will be very interesting to see how this camp prepares DB for competition. As for DB going under 10 this year, really cant say at this point. A realistic goal will be to get within the 10.00-10.1s. However, I would not be surprised if he gets really close to 10.0s. The ultimate test will be TT national 100m finals.

For TT to get a medal in 4x100 World Champs, we will need to have at least 4 guys under 10 for sure. Right now only 3 active T&T runners have gone under 10.

truetrini

« Reply #312 on: May 10, 2011, 04:38:41 PM »
Below ten?/ Ten seconds?  steups when he ever do dat more than once?  And in that disputed T&T trails dat was faster than anyone held in the world at that time?  Allyuh facking mad!

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 10, 2011, 07:43:23 PM »
One step at a time.

lol I feel he granny could run a good curve .... lol

truetrini

« Reply #314 on: May 11, 2011, 06:19:07 AM »
Both of my grand mothers are dead....jes like Browne

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: May 11, 2011, 09:25:36 AM »

oookkk now to retract my former statement and to issue apologies on bad taste in jokes!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 11, 2011, 12:48:59 PM »
:devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

truetrini

« Reply #317 on: May 11, 2011, 08:00:13 PM »

oookkk now to retract my former statement and to issue apologies on bad taste in jokes!

we cool, not in bad taste at all....I sure browne moving as fast as my dead grand mothers...

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 11, 2011, 08:16:03 PM »

Trinity, I really thought you knew better. Sure you can come on here and bash the man. I realize that aint changing. But, let me remind you, this is the internet and it is not a good idea to post an analogy like the one above. Very bad decision bro. I know you can go back an edit that, but remember what goes on the internet usually stays on some way shape or form. If I was the moderator you would be banned. You definitely need to be more conscious of posting an analogy like that!

truetrini

« Reply #319 on: May 11, 2011, 10:07:36 PM »

Trinity, I really thought you knew better. Sure you can come on here and bash the man. I realize that aint changing. But, let me remind you, this is the internet and it is not a good idea to post an analogy like the one above. Very bad decision bro. I know you can go back an edit that, but remember what goes on the internet usually stays on some way shape or form. If I was the moderator you would be banned. You definitely need to be more conscious of posting an analogy like that!

yuh is ah clown or wha?

Offline STMB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 12, 2011, 09:25:58 AM »

yuh is ah clown or wha?

Gawd on Pitch, just tolerate the Cross. Historically he hates Brown for some unknown reason, just doh respond to him, it's pointless, the man is beyond help
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 07:52:11 PM by Tallman »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 12, 2011, 02:57:43 PM »

yuh is ah clown or wha?

I am just saying it was a bad to decision to post an analogy like that online.

I have read your other posts outside of this thread, and I could say I agree with many of the things you posts,  even the sh*t talk. But I must say I was astonished to read that post. 

truetrini

« Reply #322 on: May 12, 2011, 03:11:50 PM »
I dont hate Brown one little bit.  I am just real, he is not going to come back and destroy any top quality field.  His career was short and very promising but too many injuries.

I cannot just sit by and hear the shit talk about how great he will be YEAR AFTER fricken YEAR!

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 16, 2011, 07:22:11 AM »
I dont hate Brown one little bit.  I am just real, he is not going to come back and destroy any top quality field.  His career was short and very promising but too many injuries.

I cannot just sit by and hear the shit talk about how great he will be YEAR AFTER fricken YEAR!

You need to read a bit more ...there are some comeback stories in sports you wont believe ...just to note some of those ..
Michael Jordan
Diego Maradona
Lance Armstrong
Hasley Crawford
Gene Samuel
Garrincha ...just to name a few ...it is what makes sports so exciting ..Brown is still a young man who in his early years was the best in the world. If you want to give up on that then that is your choice but there are still some of us who are still believing ..

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 16, 2011, 10:59:57 AM »

You need to read a bit more ...there are some comeback stories in sports you wont believe ...just to note some of those ..
Michael Jordan
Diego Maradona
Lance Armstrong
Hasley Crawford
Gene Samuel
Garrincha ...just to name a few ...it is what makes sports so exciting ..Brown is still a young man who in his early years was the best in the world. If you want to give up on that then that is your choice but there are still some of us who are still believing ..

Sports is about coming back and fighting adversity. Without it there will not be much of a storyline. Jermaine Gonzales is probably a good current example. He has a history of injuries. All it took was one healthy season for him to make it back. Now he is one of the top 10 400m runners.

Dont forget about Donovan Bailey. Bailey was away from track and field for over 5 years. He stopped running track after high school. He was 26 or 27 when he took up the sport again under the coaching of Seagraves. By the time he was 28 he won a world championships then an Olympic gold. 

Anything can happen in athletics under a good coach and a healthy season.

truetrini

« Reply #325 on: May 16, 2011, 03:10:54 PM »
Michael Jordan~~~~~  Was recognized as the greatest EVER before he retired, he came back and did what he was Accustomed to do!    Cannot be deemed a comeback..rather was a RETURN!

Diego maradona~~~ Regarded by MANY as the greatest ever to lace up a football boots....drugs and abuse ended his career...what come back are you referring to?  His "comeback ended after 2 games when he was busted for drugs!

Lance Armstrong~~~ steeped in controversy for most of his career...he recovered from cancer...won cycling greatest race for 6 or 7 years..what come back? 

Hasley Crawford....can never take away his 100 meters gold medal Olympics...but apart from that what come back?  you talking about pulling up in the finals in 1972? The man was in 4 olympics....still wanting to know what comeback?

Gene Samuel~~~  again this manw as at 4 consequtive olympics..what come back?  Steups..all athletes does have some injuried in their careers and does come back or end dey careers.....yuh comparing Brown to these men?  Tha is shit talk Jai John..totalt ta-ta.

Is every year brown promising...he go be like moses and promise for 40 years....den he go break down.

Shit alk about he running so relaxed...is 10.36 if he eh relaxed at that speed...at that time...den he wuss dan even I believe him to be.

truetrini

« Reply #326 on: May 16, 2011, 03:13:05 PM »
Donovan Bailey as far as I know did not run no damn track in High School...high school wey?  de man leave jam,aica at 12 or 13 and went to canada and was playing basket ball it was not until he was in he 20's de man pick up track sprinting part time...steups...allyuh is real kicks oui...real kicks I say

truetrini

« Reply #327 on: May 16, 2011, 03:15:20 PM »
i WILL BE HAPPY TO COME BACK HERE AND SAY OH GOOODE i WAS WRONG..BUH i FEEL bROWN CYAR MAKE WE 400 M RELAY TEAM EXCEPT AS AN ALTERNATE

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 16, 2011, 04:25:44 PM »
Darrel Brown coming back like Jesus
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: May 16, 2011, 06:20:24 PM »
Donovan Bailey as far as I know did not run no damn track in High School...high school wey?  de man leave jam,aica at 12 or 13 and went to canada and was playing basket ball it was not until he was in he 20's de man pick up track sprinting part time...steups...allyuh is real kicks oui...real kicks I say

Actually he did. Nothing serious though. I believe he finished 2nd in 100m in OFSAA (Ontario Track and field meet).

1]; } ?>