0 (0%)
Tottenham
0 (0%)
Shakhtar Donetsk
0 (0%)
Valencia
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: UEFA Champions League Thread  (Read 304828 times)

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
Re: Champions League Thread, 2011/2012
« Reply #930 on: April 04, 2012, 05:19:22 AM »
As a long time Milan fan and someone who hates what happens in the penalty box on corners; I have to say
it was a good call by the referee. The fact that most referees today ignore these situations on corners, the reality
is that, it is a foul. If more refs begin calling these fouls, it will soon be a thing of the past
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: April 04, 2012, 07:58:16 AM »
Barca was gonna win that game with the PK or not - If it wasn't that goal there woulda been others - they dominated the game from minute 1 to the end...Milan set themselves up well tactically to make it difficult for them but the spaces were opening up this time around unlike at San Siro and it's only so long you can chase the ball before you lose your shape, discipline,...get tired, make mistakes etc...

My observation is that Barca is a lil tired though.... By their standards they not connecting the dots as quickly and sharply as they have done in the Pep era - Messi needs a little rest and they need to get an out and out striker back in form - With Pedro invisible, and Villa of course injured they lacking a target and they kinda prone to being a bit static when the ball gets to the front line...It's starting to show...It's become a game of pass it til you get to the front line, then Messi take them on... Not sure if that's the ideal way for them but it's working so far I suppose.  Pique picked up a knock last night and Xavi nursing something...Abidal out for the rest of the season... Barca not at their best right now. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: April 04, 2012, 02:11:45 PM »
now it look like barca vs. chelski in the semis.

death sentence for the londoners?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: April 04, 2012, 02:16:52 PM »
 :devil: :devil: Great !
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: April 04, 2012, 02:28:18 PM »
Come on Benfica !!!
Youtube Channel

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: April 04, 2012, 02:53:31 PM »
Come on Benfica !!!

Patience, grasshopper, patience.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: April 04, 2012, 04:20:59 PM »
Come on Benfica !!!

Allyuh fans of non-Europe teams is really something else yes... smh

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
2012 Champions League Thread (Bayern Munich v Real Madrid).
« Reply #937 on: April 06, 2012, 06:50:05 PM »
Bayern Munich v Real Madrid.
Tuesday, 17-Apr-2012.

Real Madrid v Bayern Munich.
Wednesday, 25-Apr-2012.

Thread will be merged after both legs.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
2012 Champions League Thread (Chelsea v Barcelona).
« Reply #938 on: April 06, 2012, 06:50:09 PM »
Chelsea v Barcelona.
Wednesday, 18-Apr-2012.

Barcelona v Chelsea.
Tuesday, 24-Apr-2012.

Thread will be merged after both legs.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 Champions League Thread (Chelsea v Barcelona).
« Reply #939 on: April 06, 2012, 09:26:59 PM »
Real Madrid vs Barcelona Final, i called it first !
Youtube Channel

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: April 06, 2012, 09:46:11 PM »
Real Madrid vs Barcelona Final, i called it first !

I callin' a Bayern Munich vs Barcelona Final. Barca go demolish Chelsea (and I go be cool wit dat) and Bayern is quite capable of defeating Real.  Doh geh tie up!

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 Champions League Thread (Bayern Munich v Real Madrid).
« Reply #941 on: April 06, 2012, 09:46:52 PM »
Bayern could pull dis orff! I hope they do.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: April 06, 2012, 09:59:30 PM »

What!  >:(
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: April 06, 2012, 10:08:34 PM »

No offense, Toppa, but ah did call a Barca-Bayern Final since damned near the beginning of the CL campaign and yuh know ize a forumite doh change meh tune....ah respeck RM, ah love meh Jose and Kaka and Casillas and ting....but ah "hate" metro more, so it rel easy fuh meh to be backin' BM on dis one.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: April 06, 2012, 10:14:14 PM »

No offense, Toppa, but ah did call a Barca-Bayern Final since damned near the beginning of the CL campaign and yuh know ize a forumite doh change meh tune....ah respeck RM, ah love meh Jose and Kaka and Casillas and ting....but ah "hate" metro more, so it rel easy fuh meh to be backin' BM on dis one.

Ok, Bayern *could* beat Madrid, but they won't. :)
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: April 06, 2012, 10:35:58 PM »

Ok, Bayern *could* beat Madrid, but they won't. :)

(*cough*bullshit!*cough* ::))
Yes, Ma'am!  ;D

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: April 07, 2012, 03:21:44 AM »
Chelsea move on in penalties.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

giggsy11

« Reply #947 on: April 07, 2012, 08:53:07 AM »
I would love to see a Bayern v Barca just to see how each team's style match up against each other. No Don't need to see or want to see another Real v Barca match up. Bayern's have the talent and mentality to take Barca. Barca may not be able to dominate possession like they usually do.

giggsy11

« Reply #948 on: April 07, 2012, 08:55:23 AM »
Bayern to win! Don't want to see another Real v Barca match up. All hype with the same outcome-Barca win.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: April 07, 2012, 10:06:19 AM »
Champions League: Real Madrid and Bayern Munich revive bitter battle
The Champions League semi-final has thrown up a familiar rivalry, historically full of walk-offs, stand-offs and sendings-off

The phoney war is over. Now the actual war starts, and for Real Madrid there are few battles more bitter, few duels as destructive. CSKA Moscow and Apoel have been dispatched, as were Dinamo Zagreb, Lyon and Ajax. Madrid have reached the semi-final without facing a team from Spain, Germany, Italy or England. Now, a fearful and familiar rival awaits and at a familiar stage too. Real Madrid v Bayern Munich feels like a proper European Cup semi-final. Timeless.

They have met four times in European Cup semi-finals. Yet even the "friendlies" have ended badly. There have been walk-offs, stand-offs and plenty of sending-offs.

This may well be the only genuine, cross-border rivalry in Europe. Sure, there have been isolated moments – Chelsea supporters will probably never forgive Barcelona, for a start – and, sure, the Spanish dislike the Italians. But Manchester United still seek enemies in England, while Internazionale and Milan still seek theirs in the same city. The enemy within is the real enemy. Madrid-Bayern is different. Barcelona apart, no one gets the Bernabéu really roaring like the "teutonic" team.

Between them they have won 13 European Cups. Historically, they are their country's richest, most successful and best-supported sides and they know it. They are also their countries' most despised. Dominating and domineering, two behemoths snarling at each other. Two giants that, for all their similarities, could hardly imagine a club more different. When they confront each other they really confront each other – and they have confronted each other often.

They first met in the European Cup semi-final in 1976. A Bayern team boasting Müller, Maier, Rummenigge, Hoeness and Beckenbauer went on to win their third consecutive European Cup; Madrid went on to a five-year ban after a fan – for ever known as El loco del Bernabéu – ran on and attacked the linesman and Müller. The ban was later reduced to three matches played away, but the seed was sown.

Four years later, they met in a pre-season friendly and Bayern won 9-1, prompting the Madrid manager Vujadin Boskov to shrug: "I'd rather lose by nine once than by one nine times." If that sounds like perspective, think again. The following summer, Bayern were invited to Madrid's pre-season Trofeo Bernabéu. Klaus Augenthaler was sent off for making offensive gestures towards the fans. His team-mates walked off the pitch in protest; the game was abandoned.

More semi-finals arrived. The Quinta del Buitre may be the second-best team in Real Madrid's history but the thorn in their side was a big one: they never won the European Cup or even made the final. They made three semi-finals. Milan did them most damage, PSV Eindhoven too. But Bayern helped stick the knife in. In 1988, Madrid defeated Bayern in the quarter-finals; the previous year, 1987, they had lost to them in the semi-final. After a penalty was awarded to the Germans, Juanito lost his head and stamped on Lothar Matthäus's. Repentant, he later apologised in person, but he got a five-year ban. It was the last European game he played.

Bad memories for Madrid, but there were good ones too: the last two times they won the European Cup, they beat Bayern in the semi-finals. An omen?

Bayern could hardly believe they had been beaten: frankly they were the better team. Between 1999 and 2004, the two sides faced each other in three out of four seasons. In 1999-2000, they played four times. Bayern won three and lost one of them, beating Madrid 4-2 and 4-1 in the group. Yet it was Madrid who reached the final and won it. Just as Madrid won the European Cup in 1998, ending a 32-year wait. Their manager? The current Bayern coach Jupp Heynckes. He was sacked immediately.

During the galácticos era, the tension soared. Both sides saw provocation in every act. When Claudio Pizarro joked, "We're going to put five past those clowns!", Spain's best-selling newspaper, Marca, flew into a fit of righteous indignation. Oliver Kahn became a comic bad guy. Bayern were portrayed as snarling animals, anti-footballers, lacking respect. In Germany, Madrid were posers, equally disrespectful. Hoeness dismissed Madrid as a "circus".

"They were performing flicks and back-heels, showboating, not playing football. A complete lack of respect," recalled Kahn in 2002. "It wound us up, so we really went for them – and they didn't like it." Bayern won 2-1. When Kahn then added: "No one can get two past me in the second leg," Marca responded: "One's enough, smarty pants!" Anyway, Madrid did get two.

As if all that were not enough, now there is Arjen Robben, the former Madrid player forced out and with a point to prove, and the Mourinho factor. "Just because you wear cashmere sweaters, doesn't make you a gentleman," bristled the Bayern grandee Beckenbauer. "He is rude and loutish." Between Madrid and Bayern, the feeling is mutual.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/apr/05/real-madrid-bayern-munich-champions-league
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: April 07, 2012, 10:06:41 AM »
Bayern to win! Don't want to see another Real v Barca match up. All hype with the same outcome-Barca win.

So why yuh'n say Real-Chelsea?  >:(
www.westindiantube.com

giggsy11

« Reply #951 on: April 07, 2012, 10:32:26 AM »

Nothing against Real, but I would prefer to see a Barca v Bayern final. Just to see the challenges Bayern posses to Barca. Listen if Chelsea beat Barca to advance, I will stop posting on this forum!

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: April 07, 2012, 10:35:15 AM »

Nothing against Real, but I would prefer to see a Barca v Bayern final. Just to see the challenges Bayern posses to Barca. Listen if Chelsea beat Barca to advance, I will stop posting on this forum!

hahahahaha!!
www.westindiantube.com

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
  • mi nuevo nombre es dinho mi vida es joga bonito
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: April 07, 2012, 10:57:46 AM »
wheyysss boy alyuh men REALLY RULE OUT CHELSEA QUICK?....i feel some of the MAN U fans would find it a hard pill to swallow if Chelsea beat barca considering that United failed to do so in their last 2 UCL meetings with the blaugrana....other than that lets all admit its been a while since we had 4 STRONG teams in the semis and the excitement from the games should be great....provided certain teams ont receive preferable treatment from the officials (even my own)

giggsy11

« Reply #954 on: April 07, 2012, 11:38:41 AM »
wheyysss boy alyuh men REALLY RULE OUT CHELSEA QUICK?....i feel some of the MAN U fans would find it a hard pill to swallow if Chelsea beat barca considering that United failed to do so in their last 2 UCL meetings with the blaugrana....other than that lets all admit its been a while since we had 4 STRONG teams in the semis and the excitement from the games should be great....provided certain teams ont receive preferable treatment from the officials (even my own)

I don't like Chelski. I respected their abilities when they were good. I don't respect their players or organization; more so after how some of their players handled themselves when AVB was manager. I don't route for Chelski to win unless them getting a result benefits my team and that aint going to change now. I have no problem with anyone who chooses to support them; to each his/her own. If you manage to beat Barca, I would give your side credit same as I did after they beat Napoli.  :beermug:
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 01:33:18 PM by Giggsy11 »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Re: 2012 Champions League Thread (Chelsea v Barcelona).
« Reply #955 on: April 07, 2012, 12:44:13 PM »

Lol, Alyuh not beating barca end of story. I hating strong this rounds.
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: April 07, 2012, 01:11:16 PM »

Listen if Chelsea beat Barca to advance, I will stop posting on this forum!

Lol, doh worry yuh safe.  :devil:
Youtube Channel

giggsy11

« Reply #957 on: April 07, 2012, 01:34:08 PM »

Listen if Chelsea beat Barca to advance, I will stop posting on this forum!

Lol, doh worry yuh safe.  :devil:

Lol! Hope dat wasn't the kiss of death!  ;D

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: April 07, 2012, 03:58:27 PM »
Smelling an upset for this one, though it would only be a mini upset, CL final is in Munich, cyar see Bayern not possibly taking the whole thing, though of course a Barca RM final is more likely
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: April 07, 2012, 04:34:53 PM »
I think this match will be more competitive than most are assuming.

Barca is the better side but they not in the invincible form that we've seen so much of in the last few years...the right match prep and some luck and this one could be very tricky.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

1]; } ?>