May 14, 2024, 05:00:01 PM

Author Topic: Concacaf.com: Warner elected to T&T House of Representatives  (Read 1377 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Concacaf.com: Warner elected to T&T House of Representatives
« on: November 06, 2007, 10:09:47 PM »
Jack Austin Warner elected to Trinidad & Tobago House of Representatives
Concacaf.com

6.11.07 - CONCACAF President and FIFA Vice-President, Jack Austin Warner, was elected to the House of Representatives in his native Trinidad & Tobago following a nationwide general election yesterday.
Mr. Warner, standing for election to the House for the first time, won his constituency seat of Chaguanas West with the largest popular vote of any candidate in any of the seats contested.

Overall the United National Congress-Alliance Party, of which Warner is the co-leader, won 15 of the 41 seats in the Trinidad and Tobago House of Representatives and the UNC-A will now form the official Opposition. Mr. Warner’s term in the House of Representatives will run for five years and during that period, he has declined to accept the post of Leader of the Opposition.

Jack Warner is also President of CONCACAF, a position he has held since he was first elected in 1990. He has also served on FIFA’s Executive Committee since 1983, the longest standing member of that body, and has been a FIFA Vice President since 1997.

Additionally, he is Chairman of the Organizing Committee for the FIFA Under-17 and Under-20 World Cups, Deputy Chairman of the FIFA Finance Committee and a member of a number of other FIFA Committees.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Concacaf.com: Warner elected to T&T House of Representatives
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 05:22:42 AM »
Warner to settle for $1 salary as MP.
By: Richard Charan (Express).

Jack Warner will support Basdeo Panday for the Opposition Leader's position in the new Parliament, as a replacement for Kamla Persad-Bissessar.
And Warner is sticking to his promise to work for $1 as the new Member of Parliament for Chaguanas West.
Warner and Panday are co-leaders of the UNC-Alliance party, and won their seats in Monday's general election.
The party captured 15 seats.
It was during a speech to weeping supporters at Rienzi Complex, Couva, shortly after midnight yesterday that Warner spoke about a private meeting between himself and Panday three months ago.
"I sat down with Mr Panday at a private session. I said Mr Panday, I don't want to be prime minister. I don't want a ministry. I only want to represent the people of Chaguanas West."
Warner said: "I told him I don't want to be Leader of the Opposition. I have no aspirations for that and as far as I am concerned, if Mr Panday wants to be Opposition Leader, he has my vote."
Warner said the leadership issue would be a matter between Panday and Kamla Persad-Bissessar who held the position before the election was called.
Persad-Bissessar did not answer her cellphone yesterday.
A source close to her said Panday had often said he no longer wanted the job of Opposition Leader, which pays $23,000 a month, a figure substantially higher = than the $14,000 salary than a Member of Parliament gets.
Warner told supporters that despite the election licking for the UNC-A, there was still reason to smile.
He said the UNC-A support had done enough to prevent the PNM from getting its coveted two-thirds of the seats.
He said supporters could cheer because Ramesh Lawrence Maharaj was back in Parliament, there were two women in the Opposition, Persad-Bissessar and Mickela Panday, and the court could no longer bar Panday from Parliament because he had won his Couva North seat again.
"We are consoled by the fact that ... we have gotten rid of the COP once and for all," he said.
Warner called on supporters to keep their party T-shirts for the Local Government, due in July next year. He said a campaign would be launched to win every regional corporation.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 05:27:50 AM »
Ahhhm, they had an article today in de express outling who got the most votes, and it was NOT Jack Warner, but Ms. Hospedales who went up for the PNM for the Maloney/Arouca area.
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 07:39:12 AM »
"We are consoled by the fact that ... we have gotten rid of the COP once and for all," he said.

So because they beat COP it means COP gone forever? lol
COP get 1/5 of the votes.
Nex elections UNC and PNM go be sweatin bullets.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 07:44:52 AM »

So because they beat COP it means COP gone forever? lol
COP get 1/5 of the votes.
Nex elections UNC and PNM go be sweatin bullets.
lets hope so
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2007, 10:34:09 AM »
Which 3rd party ever remain in tact loud steupse COP was already a corpse they go b a rotten corpse in 5 yrs
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>