May 26, 2024, 06:36:22 AM

Author Topic: Warner cries foul with sports facilities.  (Read 2753 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Warner cries foul with sports facilities.
« on: September 16, 2008, 04:07:16 AM »
Warner cries foul with sports facilities.
T&T Guardian Reports.

Chaguanas West MP Jack Warner has alleged that the Sports Company of T&T has spent more than $250 million for the construction of facilities in the country, but there is nothing to show for it.

So disgusted was Warner about the white elephants, he has despatched an urgent letter to Prime Minister Patrick Manning seeking his assistance in having the facilities completed.

Warner, who is Special Advisor of the TT Football Federation and vice president of FIFA, pointed out in a letter to Manning that numerous projects initiated by the Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs have either ground to a halt in many instances or have been proceeding at a snail’s pace in others.

“It is in the national interest as an MP, and in accordance with the Westminster tradition, that I feel compelled to bring to your attention the current choatic situation with regard to the administration of sport and which situation demands your urgent intervention,” Warner’s letter stated in part.

“You will recall, Honourable Prime Minister, that I first raised such concerns in the House of Representatives on September 12th instant but the situation further demands that I address same to you via this medium.

“Where the projects have been stopped, those sites have become eyesores with overgrown grass and wild foliage being rampant, and where they have been proceeding at funeral pace the materials deposited at those sites have been disappearing.

“In such a calamitous situation, as I have outlined, you will surely agree that the contractors involved in those projects should have been called upon to account for such wanton wastage and misuse of public funds. The inertia of the contractors is a major source of frustration for the sport administrators, officials and youths whom we are daily encouraging to adopt a healthy lifestyle.”

Warner also pointed out to the Prime Minister that he made reference not only to projects which are located in his constituency but also to those around the country as in the case of the proposed Indoor Facility at Malabar.

To substantiate his claims, Warner enclosed photographs of the choatic situation at the Sangre Grande Youth Sport Facility on Ojoe Road, the Brian Lara Facility in Santa Cruz, the Damarie Hill Recreation ground, the Maracas Recreational Facility, the Mt St Benedict’s Tennis Courts, the Arima Youth Sports Facility on Dindial Road and the Paramin and Cocorite Recreation Grounds.

He also advised that the Sports Company of TT (SPORTT), which to date spent well over $250 million, has decided to relocate itself from the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva where it had been located from inception at no cost to the public purse, to Spetakula Promotions Building on Henry Street in Port of Spain at a monthly rental of $248,700, for which they already paid four months rent in advance. Warner stated that he was also advised that the Ministry of Sport also intends to execute repairs to the property well in excess of half a million dollars.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 04:52:17 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warner cries foul with sports facilities.
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 06:31:23 AM »
If indeed factual, it further confirms our Government's management ineptness. It continues to be most unfortunate!

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 07:33:05 AM »
You know sometimes i does wish Government could really take over and control our Football,they are so very competent and good at manageing funds and running things,every thing will be accounted for.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 08:54:23 AM »
You know sometimes i does wish Government could really take over and control our Football,they are so very competent and good at manageing funds and running things,every thing will be accounted for.

Any accounting will be good. How much we does get now?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 09:10:18 AM »
If indeed factual, it further confirms our Government's management ineptness. It continues to be most unfortunate!
Contrary to what people may think I like to be objective in most things,I live in England and visit Trinidad from time to time ,I love sports and have visited those places that JW is talking about and every word of what he said is true.JW mentioned wanton wastage again that seems to be the case.I would like all those politically minded people to refrain from calling me a UNC supporter coz I want nothing to do with shit politics,I am only interested in Trinidad and Tobago football.

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 09:28:01 AM »
being objective then I am sure you will recognise the corruption and wanton wastage found in Mr Warners own FIFA and TTFF and maybe he should clean the shit up in his own house before talking about others  ?
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008, 11:45:50 AM »
Jack Warner is a Member of the Parliament of The Republic of Trinidad and Tobago. He has the responsibility to defend the interest of his constituents and the nation at large. If Warner has information proving or at the very least suggesting corruption and mismanagement at the Ministry of Sports, regardless of his own nefarious reputation, it his duty to report it. I see nothing wrong with Warner advocating for better service delivery from the MoS either. I am confident that the MoS will account for the money spent.

Jack the political animal of genus Warner is well within his rights and one could actually say he is executing the mandates of his public office, however , the irony of it all is comical to say the least.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 11:54:43 AM »
D ting woulda b news it is d MOS alone dat slack put dis whole country slack so he yappin is mere politrics
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline gothic

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008, 12:08:22 PM »
Mr Warner is just working his political game again. He knows that this has nothing to really do with the MoS but more in the way that tenders are bid upon and awarded in Trinidad and Tobago and the fact that the large contractors are stretched thin but will never admit it to a client. The client submits the schedule and the contractor has to agree to it even if he knows it is impossible or he cannot deliver on time, in other words they get the job with whatever terms then worry about cost and time overruns. Furthermore in large jobs where there are several sub-contractors, who also gave the contractor promises they can't keep, the domino effect of overruns get very high. Government can hardly sanction these companies because we have a very small pool of contractors who can do these jobs, so it's either use them or don't do it.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2008, 04:18:17 AM »
being objective then I am sure you will recognise the corruption and wanton wastage found in Mr Warners own FIFA and TTFF and maybe he should clean the shit up in his own house before talking about others  ?
As I've said I dont want to be involved in politics but I cannot help reading the Trini Express,so check why K.Rowley left his ministerial post,find out why another minister,a certain Mr.Imbert did not declare $6,000,000 US ,findout why Saith is no more a minister...well I can go on.iN THIS DAY AND AGE PEOPLE CANNOT THIEF MONEY AND GET AWAY WITH IT,IF JW WAS DOING THAT,wHERE IS THE SO CALLED iNTEGRITY cOMMISSION WHEN IT MATTERS. THEN SURELY HE WOULD BE FOUND OUT.When ministers in the Govt. can be found out then anybody could be caught.Dont just talk bout JW coz everybody is at it.

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2008, 04:49:07 AM »
"THIS DAY AND AGE PEOPLE CANNOT THIEF MONEY AND GET AWAY WITH IT,IF JW WAS DOING THAT,wHERE IS THE SO CALLED iNTEGRITY cOMMISSION WHEN IT MATTERS. THEN SURELY HE WOULD BE FOUND OUT"

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

saddis I go dead ...please stop............ please
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2008, 04:55:53 AM »
Contrary to what people may think I like to be objective in most things,I live in England and visit Trinidad from time to time ,I love sports and have visited those places that JW is talking about and every word of what he said is true.JW mentioned wanton wastage again that seems to be the case.I would like all those politically minded people to refrain from calling me a UNC supporter coz I want nothing to do with shit politics,I am only interested in Trinidad and Tobago football.

den you should stay out of politics shouldn't you  :devil: ...I suggesdt you do some background checks oin de man before you swallow what he is giving you to eat !!!
Warner amd corruption is like bears and poo in the woods !! You get it mate ?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2008, 08:37:10 AM »
D integrity commission 4 JW FYI he only ah MP since last yr so he was not covered under d Integrity Commission b4 dat
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2008, 05:31:59 PM »
I intend to keep out of politics coz I dont live in TT but I do read the papers online and its there for me to see,I dont know for sure what is going on on that side of the fence.I do still have to wonder how a man can be teefing so much and still nobody cyah do nothing bout it.Whatever you fellas say may have more weight bcoz some of you are probably  much more aware bcoz you all are there,I am here 5,000 away,I still wont jump to any conclusions and accuse whether its a minister,an opposition MP or JW.In the meantime I would keep out of Politics as Jai John suggested.Peace and love to all and ah win against Guatemala. 8)

giggsy11

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2008, 05:44:56 PM »
Jack seems well busy, everytime yuh look the man in the news. He throwing up some smoke screens oh wat?

Offline judge101

• Full Warrior
  • If it is to be, then it is up to me
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2008, 11:26:44 PM »
money being spent and nothing to show for it curruption allegations in trinidad ....what a shock

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
wise men talke because they have something to say,fools talk because they have to say something

1]; } ?>