May 08, 2024, 12:06:47 PM

Author Topic: CHELSEA FOREVER! - Home of the Champions!  (Read 636683 times)

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
Re: CHELSEA FOREVER! - Home of the Champions!
« Reply #1950 on: September 01, 2011, 08:01:40 AM »
Meireles is a good buy..

I think is about time Lampard see some bench, he clearly in the decline phase. Just too slow and methodical right now in the build-up and no longer making the trademark late runs into the box. Much fewer shots on goal and not even a factor on free kicks..

I would experiment with a midfield of Mikel (until Essien comes back), Meireles, Mata, Malouda.

Also, why are Kalou and Anelka still here  ???

Kalou is definitely a mistery to me buh hoss I wouldn sell Nico doh.  I is not he biggest fan eh buh nuff times when Torres and even Drogba not having impact Nico does make something happen.  I just hate the inconsistency with him and what sometimes seems like ah "i really doh give ah f**k" attitude displayed thru his body language.  He is good insurance until Lukaku fully ready (which lookin like now still eh lol), and Sturridge ready to announce heself.  I really want to see Sturridge geh some burn soon doh 'cause de yute have talent as he showed with Bolton last season.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: September 01, 2011, 08:29:17 AM »
Sturridge reminds me alot of Brazilian Diego (Bremen, Juve, Wolfsburg and now Atletico) - loads of talent without having a particular clear outstanding asset to cement their star quality in a big side.... so coaches doh build a team around them...so what happens is that they just kinda play wherever they fit in and alotta times the fit is not a natural fit...Benayoun had the same problem at Liverpool until Gerard started having injury problems - then he was the man.  Only at Bremen did they build the team around Diego (Diego and Frings)... and he killed it...Look what happend with Sturridge -went Bolton and was the big fish...He was on fire..It's a kinda too big for a small side, but too small for a big side syndrome.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: September 01, 2011, 08:45:37 AM »
Sturridge reminds me alot of Brazilian Diego (Bremen, Juve, Wolfsburg and now Atletico) - loads of talent without having a particular clear outstanding asset to cement their star quality in a big side.... so coaches doh build a team around them...so what happens is that they just kinda play wherever they fit in and alotta times the fit is not a natural fit...Benayoun had the same problem at Liverpool until Gerard started having injury problems - then he was the man.  Only at Bremen did they build the team around Diego (Diego and Frings)... and he killed it...Look what happend with Sturridge -went Bolton and was the big fish...He was on fire..It's a kinda too big for a small side, but too small for a big side syndrome.

I see yuh POV buh I eh buying that just yet.  I definitely dont see the team being organized to specifically accomodate him but I think he has good skills and is more speedy than almost all our forwards.  If given an opportunity in AVB system where he seems to like having his wingers cut inside and make plays I expect Sturridge to shine.  Also his speed and solid finishing ability will cause problems on counter attacks.  I want him to be unleashed and have a chance to do his thing as he clearly has the quality to impact games.  I think Carlo was stifling him a bit and it got worse when he started searching week to week and looking like he lost the plot early on last season before DS went out on loan to Bolton.

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
  • mi nuevo nombre es dinho mi vida es joga bonito
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: September 01, 2011, 10:13:52 AM »
Meireless seems like a player that is a mix breed of Lampard and Gerrard.....he can spot a pass and does try to execute it but he also has ALOT of industry in his game. Good shot and technique with both feet. 

I must say though i DO believe that Mata will show enough to make us forget about Modric till next year. With Mata and Meireless we have two midfielders eager to prove that they can add something to the team and i expect them to bring some inventive spark to the team.....not saying that they are renowned magicians but i think they add something to the team that was stagnant--the unexpected.....not to mention they both have layed with Torres

sad that yossi couldnt stay i thought he too was impressive in pre season and would have a good year but best of luc to him shame its gona be at Arsenal

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: September 01, 2011, 10:32:58 AM »
Meireles is a good buy..

I think is about time Lampard see some bench, he clearly in the decline phase. Just too slow and methodical right now in the build-up and no longer making the trademark late runs into the box. Much fewer shots on goal and not even a factor on free kicks..

I would experiment with a midfield of Mikel (until Essien comes back), Meireles, Mata, Malouda.

Also, why are Kalou and Anelka still here  ???

Kalou is definitely a mistery to me buh hoss I wouldn sell Nico doh.  I is not he biggest fan eh buh nuff times when Torres and even Drogba not having impact Nico does make something happen.  I just hate the inconsistency with him and what sometimes seems like ah "i really doh give ah f**k" attitude displayed thru his body language.  He is good insurance until Lukaku fully ready (which lookin like now still eh lol), and Sturridge ready to announce heself.  I really want to see Sturridge geh some burn soon doh 'cause de yute have talent as he showed with Bolton last season.

Basically same thing I was sayin' the other day....I is a big Anelka fan but he could be rel frustrating sometimes....but I still think we gout get a lil' more juice outta he more than Kalou. Kalou IS talented but he more chupid than what people say Theo Walcott is.  I am glad Chelsea loaned out their youths and I hope they keep them. We will have to transition them fellas soon enough. As far a Sturridge is concerned, I like his hunger (greed) and his industry. He is still young and not everybody could impact like a wayne rooney so I willing to give him some time to blossom. I am sorry to see Benayoun go, though....his work rate and aggression is more of what we need in midfield. We have had some good midfielders on this team, only to have them be pigeon-holed, deferred, or let go because of Chelsea's loyalty to Lampard. Time for him to defer to other players. 

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: September 01, 2011, 10:55:34 AM »
Basically same thing I was sayin' the other day....I is a big Anelka fan but he could be rel frustrating sometimes....but I still think we gout get a lil' more juice outta he more than Kalou. Kalou IS talented but he more chupid than what people say Theo Walcott is.  I am glad Chelsea loaned out their youths and I hope they keep them. We will have to transition them fellas soon enough. As far a Sturridge is concerned, I like his hunger (greed) and his industry. He is still young and not everybody could impact like a wayne rooney so I willing to give him some time to blossom. I am sorry to see Benayoun go, though....his work rate and aggression is more of what we need in midfield. We have had some good midfielders on this team, only to have them be pigeon-holed, deferred, or let go because of Chelsea's loyalty to Lampard. Time for him to defer to other players. 

We've had plenty boss midfielders wasted over the years.  Man could say wha dey want but I still believe Ballack at the time we got him would have been far more valuable playing his natural position and even Deco too.  Benayoun to me represents exactly what has been missing for a while now in our midfield and I too would have rather had him than not.  but as a fan of football I rather see him go and actually get to play than rot away on our bench constantly.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #1956 on: September 02, 2011, 11:04:21 AM »
Sturridge look good for Chelsea in preseason. There is nothing wrong with him other then teh fact that he yet to get a real run at either City or Chelsea

If Villas Boas had balls he would line up with

Mata Lukaku Sturridge
Ramires Romeu Mereiles

Fitness provided of course.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: September 02, 2011, 04:16:25 PM »
Sturridge look good for Chelsea in preseason. There is nothing wrong with him other then teh fact that he yet to get a real run at either City or Chelsea

Mata Lukaku Sturridge
Ramires Romeu Mereiles

I seriously am left to wonder if is balls dem Chelsea coaches doh have or if is autonomy. Me eh know, so it is what it is.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: September 05, 2011, 10:47:59 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/WeSsRnZeBVk&amp;feature=player_embedded" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/WeSsRnZeBVk&amp;feature=player_embedded</a>
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #1959 on: September 11, 2011, 08:51:42 PM »

Mata Lukaku Sturridge
Ramires Romeu Mereiles

I seriously am left to wonder if is balls dem Chelsea coaches doh have or if is autonomy. Me eh know, so it is what it is.

Looks like Villas Boas wasn't too far off this weekend

Mata Anelka Sturridge
Lampard Meireles Ramires

At least he show the good sense to bench Torres. Lampard in line for the chop too
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 08:54:10 PM by JDB »
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: September 12, 2011, 09:39:15 AM »
Mata= Torres= Sturridge. We need some return on our 50 million

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: September 18, 2011, 07:38:19 PM »
Chelsea fans scarce!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: September 18, 2011, 09:00:42 PM »
Today Torres had a glimpse of Heaven and Hell, buh ended up dying blindfolded on the Road to Damascus. Poor fella.:devil:

Selector: I saw Zion in a vision ... H'aaal and PUUULL UP dat!!!

Then draw: Think you're in heaven but you're living in hell

« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 09:03:14 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: September 18, 2011, 10:04:09 PM »
There is no substitute for the jheri-curl one.. :beermug:

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: September 19, 2011, 06:01:07 AM »
Something told me last week he woulda score against United and get rel confidence and get the monkey off his back.

After that miss...yuh realise that is not just a monkey.....like is planet of the apes.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1965 on: September 19, 2011, 06:28:04 AM »
I also had a gut feeling that Torres would shine in this match and silence everyone. Well as someone said he had a foretaste of heaven and also of hell. I think he needs a good bush bath, plenty holywater. A lot of holy oils and a kick up his butt.

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
  • mi nuevo nombre es dinho mi vida es joga bonito
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: September 19, 2011, 09:41:49 AM »
its like he could run hard and do alot to improve he confidence and in the very next sequence he can shoot it down.....what must he be thinking now

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: September 19, 2011, 09:49:42 AM »
its like he could run hard and do alot to improve he confidence and in the very next sequence he can shoot it down.....what must he be thinking now

"damn ah think ah might be worse dan Kenwayne Jones right now oui" :rotfl:

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: September 19, 2011, 01:22:30 PM »
I wonder what men does tell Torres in de dressing room boy... Ah mean is how much "hard luck" yuh could tell ah man.

I to the point where I actually feeling sorry for de man, i aint like to see people suffer. That first goal was the Torres of old and after that the man was ah man on a mission... Running hard, pressuring the back line.. Had ah play where he cut Evans on de top of the box and put him to sit down and then slap just wide of the post.. Ah say aaahpps boy, de man find back he mojo..

And then that miss...

If i wasn't sure before, i sure now.. A corbeaux definitely shit on the man head!

On the positive side, a few things to take from this game:

- Man U, while deserved winners are definitely vulnerable as suspected... 22 shots conceded and a shaky De Gea showed that the game could have easily gone in a different direction. They have some goal to get.

- Impressed with the in-game man management by AVB. I was happy with the starting line-up, showed some balls to take off Lampard when it was clear he was not up to the pace and bring on Anelka who made a difference.. Also subbed off Sturridge at the right time although Lukaku didnt offer much upon coming on. I would like to see Mikel holding and Lampard on the bench on the evidence of yesterday.

- Horrendous miss aside, Torres was very effective and if he doesn't let it get to him he will come good. Meireles and Mata make a definite difference to the type of service he gets and the way the Chelsea game flows.

- Chelsea will be there fighting for the title, they will peak at the right time.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: September 19, 2011, 01:30:57 PM »
now ketch highlights from the game...i think it just unforgivable that u miss those considering all that money spent on yuh head..

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: September 19, 2011, 01:47:05 PM »

- Man U, while deserved winners are definitely vulnerable as suspected... 22 shots conceded and a shaky De Gea showed that the game could have easily gone in a different direction. They have some goal to get.

I think the reason we have been vulnerable is down to lack of experience.. while the youth and over exuberance brings fast exciting attacks while using more attack minded CM's rather than Carrick who sits deeper protecting or a 100% Fit Fletcher

Vidic has been injured since the season start as has Rio who only played 90 mins vs Bolton this season
De Gea is 20 and new to the league and going through his adjustment period and to be fair every game he looks better and had a pretty solid game yesterday especially with the save off Ramires
Smalling is 22 and playing RB for the first time in his career, he is getting better at it
Jones 19 Evans 23 have been our first choice CB's due to injury to the more experienced pair and while both have done well especially Jones they will be exposed at times due to lack of experience and pressure at United
Anderson and Cleverley started the season as the CM's.. both full of energy but bith attack minded so inevitably they would leave gaps to be exposed, they are both 23 and 22 as well.

We have had the 5 hardest games of any of the teams in the league vs Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea at home and West Brom and Bolton away.. we have used a team in the first 5 games of the season where the average age was 22-23, we have won all 5 games, we have scored 21 goals in 5 games and conceded just 4

Of those numerous shot count against us in all 5 games less than half were on target in each case and majority were shots from outside the box and not clear goalscoring opportunities

While we have let the opposition use the space our attacking play have allowed them and with a very young backline including te keeper we have literally blown opposition away by scoring countless goals

With Rio, Vidic, Rafael coming back to fitness the defence will be stronger as well as the experience gained from Jones Smalling Evans in the time being. De Gea is getting stronger, Fletcher and Valencia are on their way back to fitness as well as Cleverley, and with Rooney playing great and 9 goals in 5 prem games we are just getting started

« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 01:49:01 PM by Small Magician aka Wazza »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: September 19, 2011, 03:06:21 PM »
Dunno why people making such a big deal of that Torres miss... The guy having a bad run of form, but that miss is indicative of nothing more than hard luck...No amount o' bad form causin' yuh tuh throw away that...

The guy mis-hit the ball on an open goal - nothing to do with ability or even form... just hard luck...

I actually thought he had a good game. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #1972 on: September 19, 2011, 03:29:42 PM »
Dunno why people making such a big deal of that Torres miss... The guy having a bad run of form, but that miss is indicative of nothing more than hard luck...No amount o' bad form causin' yuh tuh throw away that...

The guy mis-hit the ball on an open goal - nothing to do with ability or even form... just hard luck...

that was actually a difficult shot to make because of the angle and he was using his left foot, he should have tried to use the outside of his right foot, it would have given him a better chance at putting that goal away

rooney slip at the penalty spot was also surprising, alot of chances went a begging on both sides imo

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: September 19, 2011, 03:41:34 PM »
that was actually a difficult shot to make because of the angle and he was using his left foot, he should have tried to use the outside of his right foot, it would have given him a better chance at putting that goal away

You never cease to amaze yes...

Offline Dansteel - The Iceman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: September 19, 2011, 03:47:39 PM »

True, he did have a good game. Last few games he looking better and better actually. I expect much better from him going forward. I guess after the way latch onto the through ball and waltz around De Gea people were expecting a tap-in, hence the shock. I was certainly shocked. De man had United dead and buried on that play.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 04:32:39 PM by Dansteel - The Iceman »
Victoria concordia crescit

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #1975 on: September 19, 2011, 04:23:59 PM »

You never cease to amaze yes...

i know you are amazed by my intelligence and brilliance  8)

thank you for the compliment  :beermug:

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #1976 on: September 19, 2011, 04:38:45 PM »

another option would have been his inside left, i believe he had the time and space, you are correct though, it was a mis-hit
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 04:42:22 PM by Controversial »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: September 19, 2011, 07:28:35 PM »

Plain and simple: because it was a big deal under the circumstances. Guaranteed big deal to Fergie and AVB. Likely the most influential miss of the game.

We get the technical deficiency as applied. Do you get the lack of concentration involved in not executing? The miss is indicative of more than hard luck. Would your college coach have chalked that up to mere hard luck?

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: September 19, 2011, 08:00:49 PM »

Plain and simple: because it was a big deal under the circumstances. Guaranteed big deal to Fergie and AVB. Likely the most influential miss of the game.

We get the technical deficiency as applied. Do you get the lack of concentration involved in not executing? The miss is indicative of more than hard luck. Would your college coach have chalked that up to mere hard luck?

That right their in travel soccer is ah bench.  :devil:

Lack of technical application resulting from a lack of concentration.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: September 19, 2011, 08:02:35 PM »
i know you are amazed by my intelligence and brilliance  8)

thank you for the compliment  :beermug:

Your genius defies description.

1]; } ?>