May 08, 2024, 10:38:47 AM

Author Topic: CHELSEA FOREVER! - Home of the Champions!  (Read 636673 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: CHELSEA FOREVER! - Home of the Champions!
« Reply #3690 on: March 17, 2014, 04:13:09 PM »

Bakes you joking....you have the gall to come here and boastfully talk about Sturridge diving? You cannnot be serious.

Chelsea created many, many chances, what they did not do well was the final pass (shot on goal). We placed ourselves in position to shoot but we for some reason did not.

Liverpool at half time only had 2 shots on target and Man United had 1. Talk about dominance. The thing is Liverpool got 2 Pks which was the difference (that being the 2 shots on goal). Liverpool then had 1 shot on target before Vidic got sent off. Your stats is as even with Man United, yet you saying you played them off the park.

We had 70% possession at half time. What do you think Aston Villa was doing at that time. Come on be real. Yes you all dominated Man United, the stats however does not reflect that. Just as we dominated Villa but the SCORE does not reflect that.

You's ah kinda f**king ass or what?  Where do you see me "boastfully talking about Sturridge 'diving'"?  Sturridge dove ONCE, was flat out tripped by Carrick in the box and pulled down by Rooney on the endline, IN THE BOX and nothing was called.  The point being that he was in a threatening position IN THE BOX yuh imps.  You making it seem as though Liverpool only started pressuring United after Vidic got sent off in the 77'... at that point we had 9 shots already, all but one from inside the final 3rd.  The lone exception was Suarez' attempted lob in the 54'.  After the sending off we only attempted 5 shots... we pressured them less with shots.  Looking at the United heat map they hardly spend any time in our third... the exceptions being taking two right-sided corner kicks, and a couple chances crossing the ball from that area.  Other than that they hardly get a sniff with the ball at their feet from 35 yards in.  Liverpool in the mean time have considerably more of a presence inside the final third (numerous red areas, versus none for United in LFC's 3rd).  You's the only fool saying Liverpool did not dominate United... not even Man U fans arguing that point.

Now onto Chelsea... look at Chelsea's heat map and you'll see they spend the majority of time in their own defensive 3rd, then along the left side line and to a much lesser extent, a couple possessions about 10 yards from the left corner flag.  Hardly a presence in a threatening position... which is to say inside the box.  Looking at Villa's heat map and it's the same thing... most of their time was spent in their own box, then defending along the Chelsea left side, their right side.  Where did these imaginary scoring opportunities that you mention come from... because they not showing up in the stats?  Scoring opportunities aside, Villa outshot Chelsea, forced more saves and defended better.  The only area Chelsea was markedly better was in possession.

Before the sending off.  Not after when we had to chase them all over. You really pretending Villa looked like they could win that game before the sending off?  Steups ah kno yuh biased and all buh yuh gone beyond bullshit with that if so.

You's ah next one can't read or what?  Yuh gone from asking if ah really thought Villa play allyuh even... to not asking if I really thought Villa coulda win de game.  Where did I ever say that I thought Villa coulda win the game?  Point is Chelsea didn't look like they would win the game either... not based on how they was playing.  With the quality they have you fully expected them to pull off some 'nother last-minute thing, but they hardly threatened Villa all day.  2 saves is all Guzan had to make... compared to 4 for Cech.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 04:14:52 PM by Bakes »

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #3691 on: March 18, 2014, 08:29:51 AM »
Point of clarification before yuh drift off course.  In my estimation before the sending off, I expected that we would pull out a goal.  So if someone tells me they were playing us evenly I take that to believe they had equal chance in that person's eyes to win based on play.  Up until the sending off Villa was not a threat and were under constant pressure.  So as we does say pressure does buss pipe I envisioned the scoreline being reversed if we hadn't lost Willian.  So you didn't directly state such but given that position that they played us evenly that is what I infer from that statement.  I can't see playing evenly to mean anything other than both teams appear to be evenly match giving both equal chance to win.  Feel free to clarify how what you stated should be interpreted.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3692 on: March 18, 2014, 10:32:41 AM »
See you have to understand football beyond the commentary and the stats. Chelsea created opportunities to score, they did not score, as I said they did not execute the final pass (the shot) therefore no stats. Stats don't measure the means, just the ends. 

We were out shot, yes, but when did those shot come? After the sending off. It's funny you can understand that in Liverpool game but not ours. Funny.....hmmm. You using total shots, I am dealing with shots on goal. At half time Liverpool had 2, from 2 PKs. Man United had 1. Your shots on target in the run of play came after Vidic was sent off.

Dude Chelsea was all over Villa and for a long time Villa was parked in front their goal. Their  back line stayed put throughout the game. Just like Liverpool had Man United in bits, but the stats don't reflect that.

See when you are coaching a team, stats is only part of your decision making. A major part of the decision making is the eye test. See Chelsea heat map could say we expend lots of energy in our defensive 1/3, but what it may not tell you is that it came after being down a man.

I'll use an example, the US U17 men's team vs Honduras WCQ. The USA lost 3-1 to Honduras first time ever and did not qualify for the WC. The Pro Zone stats told them that the AM was the player who gave up possession the most, what the stats did not show was that he was the player who was attempting to play the entry pass or take players on to create opportunities (the best player out there). The best player of the game according to ProZone for the US, only played the 1st half.

Stats is great and all, but you have to use stats in contrast or in comparisons to what you see in the game. Ask AVB how those stats working out for him.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 10:37:47 AM by elan »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3693 on: March 18, 2014, 11:48:09 AM »
... Ask AVB how those stats working out for him.

They have him heading to Russia at an interesting time.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3694 on: March 18, 2014, 12:17:01 PM »

Yeah, not bad. But because of his nature I thought he would have looked to Italy or Spain as his next stop.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3695 on: March 18, 2014, 12:21:10 PM »

Yeah, not bad. But because of his nature I thought he would have looked to Italy or Spain as his next stop.

I doubt it was his preference.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3696 on: March 18, 2014, 12:49:14 PM »
I can't see playing evenly to mean anything other than both teams appear to be evenly match giving both equal chance to win.  Feel free to clarify how what you stated should be interpreted.

I'm saying that because of Chelsea's quality and reputation of late of pulling out late wins... one fully expected that they would eventually score.  HOWEVER, based on what they actually showed during the game, they never looked threatening... save for the handball goal.  Apparently you and Elan saw a different game.

See you have to understand football beyond the commentary and the stats. Chelsea created opportunities to score, they did not score, as I said they did not execute the final pass (the shot) therefore no stats. Stats don't measure the means, just the ends. 

We were out shot, yes, but when did those shot come? After the sending off. It's funny you can understand that in Liverpool game but not ours. Funny.....hmmm. You using total shots, I am dealing with shots on goal. At half time Liverpool had 2, from 2 PKs. Man United had 1. Your shots on target in the run of play came after Vidic was sent off.

Dude Chelsea was all over Villa and for a long time Villa was parked in front their goal. Their  back line stayed put throughout the game. Just like Liverpool had Man United in bits, but the stats don't reflect that.

See when you are coaching a team, stats is only part of your decision making. A major part of the decision making is the eye test. See Chelsea heat map could say we expend lots of energy in our defensive 1/3, but what it may not tell you is that it came after being down a man.

I'll use an example, the US U17 men's team vs Honduras WCQ. The USA lost 3-1 to Honduras first time ever and did not qualify for the WC. The Pro Zone stats told them that the AM was the player who gave up possession the most, what the stats did not show was that he was the player who was attempting to play the entry pass or take players on to create opportunities (the best player out there). The best player of the game according to ProZone for the US, only played the 1st half.

Stats is great and all, but you have to use stats in contrast or in comparisons to what you see in the game. Ask AVB how those stats working out for him.

I not even wasting my time dissecting this pack ah ass because you continue to conveniently miss the point.  Stats by themselves are meaningless, the context must be taken into consideration.  Nobody could argue with that.  In this case the stats support what I saw by watching the match, that it was a dull even affair until on spectacular moment of brilliance by Delph.  You say Liverpool only had 2 shots on goal... the two penalty kicks, which only goes to prove you can't analyze the data you're seeing or you're disingenuously trying to use it to further your own agenda.  If the keeper has to make a save then that is a considered a shot ON GOAL.  Glen Johnson forced a save from Guzan  in the 8' and Joe Allen forced another in the 28'... separate from any penalty kicks.  That's as many shots on goal that Chelsea had all game.  Not sure why you persisting in trying to make a comparison between the two matches.

The two ah allyuh insist that Chelsea created all these chances.  I saw the match as it happened I didn't see any Chelsea dominance, nor did I see Chelsea creating any chances.  After reading what both of you had to say I then went and read the Minute-by-minute report.  Still nothing.  Then I went to try to find highlights of the game.  Still nothing. So maybe allyuh could point out the chances Chelsea created, or how they dominated... b/c me eh no big coach like you elan, so hopefully yuh could break down the dominance and numerous chances created.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/3YQsnMIwC08" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/3YQsnMIwC08</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3697 on: March 18, 2014, 02:29:46 PM »
Why was the corner allowed? No foul?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3698 on: March 18, 2014, 03:08:05 PM »
Galatasaray eh able. Going back to Real v Schalke.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3699 on: March 18, 2014, 03:20:20 PM »
Good timing: CR7 just scored a quality goal. And, as I post this ... Real scores another on top of that!

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3700 on: March 18, 2014, 03:41:05 PM »
Easy peezy lemon squeezy

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3701 on: March 19, 2014, 03:46:08 PM »
So Jose get charge for stepping on the field when at one point in that whole melee I swear Lambert was on the field too. Also where is the charge for Ablongahor?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3702 on: March 19, 2014, 03:51:47 PM »
So Jose get charge for stepping on the field when at one point in that whole melee I swear Lambert was on the field too. Also where is the charge for Ablongahor?

If you read the statement you'll see that it wasn't just for stepping onto the field.

The match official, Chris Foy, ordered the managers, coaching staff and substitutes from the turf but Mourinho, who had become infuriated by the referee's performance, immediately came back on to the pitch, signalling for a "timeout", and was promptly sent to the stands by the official.

From the FA:

"It is alleged the Chelsea manager's behaviour in re-entering the field of play in or around the 90th minute of the fixture and approaching the match referee amounted to improper conduct."

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3703 on: March 19, 2014, 06:45:46 PM »

If you read the statement you'll see that it wasn't just for stepping onto the field.

The match official, Chris Foy, ordered the managers, coaching staff and substitutes from the turf but Mourinho, who had become infuriated by the referee's performance, immediately came back on to the pitch, signalling for a "timeout", and was promptly sent to the stands by the official.

From the FA:

"It is alleged the Chelsea manager's behaviour in re-entering the field of play in or around the 90th minute of the fixture and approaching the match referee amounted to improper conduct."

"It's a big occasion for me to know about the character of Mr Foy, because I want to know what he's going to write about my sending off," Mourinho said. "I was two-three metres inside the pitch or four-five metres, but there was like 10 persons there. It was me, my two assistants, (Villa boss) Paul Lambert, Paul's assistants. And there was Agbonlahor, who come in and made an aggression on Ramires from behind.

"I think almost all of us were just trying to calm (things) down and try to stop (it). So if I was sent off because I was on the pitch, I ask why not the others, especially one player that made an aggression on another one, Agbonlahor on Ramires? Agbonlahor came from the dug out, he went to Ramires pulled him from his neck and Agbonlahor was not on pitch he was on the bench."

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3704 on: March 19, 2014, 06:55:03 PM »
Another thing, if you watch the video well you will see that JM walked down the pitch and stopped on the side line, he gained the refs attention and it appears he asked the ref to speak to him. You then see Foy coming to him at which time JM stepped onto the field and talked to the ref.

If the ref did not want JM to talk to him then he should have remained where he was and wave JM back to his bench.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3705 on: March 19, 2014, 08:57:20 PM »
Another thing, if you watch the video well you will see that JM walked down the pitch and stopped on the side line, he gained the refs attention and it appears he asked the ref to speak to him. You then see Foy coming to him at which time JM stepped onto the field and talked to the ref.

If the ref did not want JM to talk to him then he should have remained where he was and wave JM back to his bench.

Useless trying to have an objective conversation with you where your team is concerned.  Everything Chelsea do is golden... Mourinho could piss on your head and yuh'll say is rain.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3706 on: March 19, 2014, 10:52:53 PM »

Useless trying to have an objective conversation with you where your team is concerned.  Everything Chelsea do is golden... Mourinho could piss on your head and yuh'll say is rain.

Yeah I know how yuh feel. It does be the same thing when you on about Liverpool.  I understand what you say and the charges explained, just I feel as though the FA pick and choose in this situation as the video show there should be more than one person being fined if they are being impartial. But hey this is the English FA.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3707 on: March 20, 2014, 10:11:29 AM »
Yeah I know how yuh feel. It does be the same thing when you on about Liverpool.  I understand what you say and the charges explained, just I feel as though the FA pick and choose in this situation as the video show there should be more than one person being fined if they are being impartial. But hey this is the English FA.

I am as objective as they come when it comes to Liverpool and you cannot argue otherwise... you just on shit.  Was there anybody else who RE-ENTERED the playing field after being told to get off the pitch?  Mourinho is also a repeated offender so you really don't get to argue about "pick and choose" when yuh constantly violating the rules and otherwise making a spectacle of yourself.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3708 on: March 22, 2014, 06:53:00 AM »
Looks like a long afternoon for the gunners...

2-0 within the first ten minutes of the match.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 06:54:34 AM by kaliman2006 »

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3709 on: March 22, 2014, 07:02:17 AM »
Self-destruct button pressed by the gunners.

But I don't know why Gibbs went off instead of Oxlade-Chaimberlain
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3710 on: March 22, 2014, 07:02:28 AM »
3-0 now

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3711 on: March 22, 2014, 07:10:05 AM »

Self-destruct button pressed by the gunners.

But I don't know why Gibbs went off instead of Oxlade-Chaimberlain
Mistaken identity

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3712 on: March 22, 2014, 07:10:59 AM »
All half black ppl does look de same  :P
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #3713 on: March 22, 2014, 07:11:45 AM »
Arsenal playing a 9-0-0 formation now  :rotfl:

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3714 on: March 22, 2014, 07:23:58 AM »

Somebody call Al Sharpton!
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3715 on: March 22, 2014, 07:57:53 AM »

Somebody call Al Sharpton!
:rotfl:

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #3716 on: March 22, 2014, 08:18:02 AM »
I pity the fool....

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3717 on: March 22, 2014, 08:34:23 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3718 on: March 29, 2014, 11:14:44 AM »
I don't like Matic much at all. He is an under-developed Mikel who fancy himself a young Frank Lampard. I think Jose hedging his bet a little to much now and has gotten it wrong...again. Matic and Torres is not a good combination.

Playing Mikel who knows his role so well is a much better decision I think.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3719 on: March 29, 2014, 11:24:59 AM »
Mourinho just lose to the master of grinding out results: Tony Pulis.  I thought Chelsea should have come out a bit more attacking minded, especially seeing how Pulis' teams play.

1]; } ?>