May 10, 2024, 11:15:45 AM

Author Topic: Tobago United nightmare for Nigerian duo  (Read 9270 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Tobago United nightmare for Nigerian duo
« on: June 18, 2007, 04:28:19 PM »
By DR (Warrior Nation Media)

It was during the halftime break of the Tobago United vs Joe Public game on May 5, 2007 that I had a chance encounter with Aminu Erinle. He was suspicious, cautious and also deeply frustrated as he responded to my inquiry about his status with the team. His concise response was that he no longer plays for the team, and doesn’t have an interest in playing in this country anymore. He wanted to know who I was, and what fuelled my interest in his dilemma. After satisfying his concerns, he agreed to bring his counterpart along to explain their current and ongoing crisis.

Read more...
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Tobago United nightmare for Nigerian duo
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 05:05:51 PM »
very sad we players when tru that all over hope they get some help
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 05:22:48 PM »
wow

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 06:00:45 PM »
What exactly is the problem with tobago united? It just seems like they cant do anything right. This isnt the first story i have heard about them being managed poorly....but this is by far the most damning. Really sad what those players are enduring.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2007, 06:24:31 PM »
If only there was a players association......
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2007, 07:09:42 PM »
Them fellers just need to quit waiting around for something to happen and just go home when dey accumulate de money. Tobago Utd wasting their precious time with a setta run around and immature dotishness.

Them fellers probably have talent that could be put to better use and potential in another country, if not Nigeria. Is a shame dat when dey leave they will have nothing good to say about living and working in T&T as a footballer. Good luck to dem.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2007, 07:40:30 PM »
Peter and I go way back, if this is true it is very sad indeed. I hope he rectifies this situation soon. Very sad, very very sad. Say it ain't so Grano.

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2007, 09:47:10 PM »
The PFL also has to answer as to how they can register foreign players for whom the local club had not obtained a work permit.
Live large and prosper!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2007, 05:38:01 AM »
Mr. Dexter Skeene, Ms. Julia Baptiste and Peter Grandville is a whole pack of asses. Skeene is a un-professional, stock up piece of shit....

Skeene is another Jack Warner, he lock into the Pro League and it will be hard to give rid of him once he becomes a failure or corrupted, either one.....

To much dictators in T&T and its the wrong men at the helm....

FIFA should be able to help these players.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 07:32:12 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2007, 06:22:29 AM »
Skeene is a smart man just like Warner...Granville not doing a good job..Tobago United is crap because of him...Sad for them fellas...Instead of stringing those guys around they should just accumulate money and send them home.In fact that is what will happen...Plus they will sweep it under the carpet...Trust me

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2007, 06:48:05 AM »
Ah could only shake meh head.Truly sad indeed for a world cup country.This is 2007,have we really gone forward ?

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2007, 07:39:06 AM »
Shine the light! shine the light on all of them!!!

What does get me with all these fellas is that their badmindedness, does seem counter productive to even their own interest.

From what I can tell Tobago United is not a very winning team, so if you gonna still be paying the men a salary why not just do the right thing, have them on the field and possibly make the team better???
There are actually times when doing the right thing is easier than doing wrong, and in cases like this you know men's actions are just fueled by spite.

ah going and call Uncle Orville

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2007, 09:13:57 AM »
I have been reliably informed that the players have been provided with free legal counsel and may be headed to the courts.
Live large and prosper!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2007, 09:24:40 AM »
If only there was a players association......

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BOY!!!!!!!!

Shame on Dexter Skeene, as well.  I would have expected a greater effort on his part to either intercede on behalf of the players or sanction Tobago United........or ANY team in the leage that treats its players like this.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2007, 10:09:58 AM »
By DR (Warrior Nation Media)

It was during the halftime break of the Tobago United vs Joe Public game on May 5, 2007 that I had a chance encounter with Aminu Erinle. He was suspicious, cautious and also deeply frustrated as he responded to my inquiry about his status with the team. His concise response was that he no longer plays for the team, and doesn’t have an interest in playing in this country anymore. He wanted to know who I was, and what fuelled my interest in his dilemma. After satisfying his concerns, he agreed to bring his counterpart along to explain their current and ongoing crisis.

Read more...

I not surprised. I spoke to a couple Tobago players and they said that they will never play for Tobago Utd as long as Peter Granville is the coach. He is the "god father" of the club and calls all the shots. What a "god father" eh? One who can't never provide for his players and act in a responsible manner.

"Birds that fly high, have to come to ground to die." It was plenty coaches and directors associated with Trinidad football that will have to put their tail between their legs just now. Enjoy the journey while it last.

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2007, 03:00:44 PM »
Mr. Dexter Skeene, Ms. Julia Baptiste and Peter Grandville is a whole pack of asses. Skeene is a un-professional, stock up piece of shit....

Skeene is another Jack Warner, he lock into the Pro League and it will be hard to give rid of him once he becomes a failure or corrupted, either one.....

Do you know Dexter Skeene?  What compels you to call the man stuck up far less compare him to Jack Warner? Let me also ask would it be right for the league to meddle in the affairs of a team? There has to be a process through which this is done and meeting with the CEO was a desperate and incorrect measure on the part of these guys? It is the responsibility of the TEAM to secure the necessary papers for these players not the league and the league can only interfere at the behest of the club. Did it ever occur to you that if he were to meet with these players that he could open himself up to a lawsuit since it may violate  agreements between club and league?

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2007, 05:34:52 PM »
I have a feeling there is another side to this story that we didnt hear in the initial report.

In any event, gross unprofessionalism by the team and PFL.

And we does throw stones at the Vietnam league....

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2007, 07:22:08 PM »

Do you know Dexter Skeene?  What compels you to call the man stuck up far less compare him to Jack Warner? Let me also ask would it be right for the league to meddle in the affairs of a team? There has to be a process through which this is done and meeting with the CEO was a desperate and incorrect measure on the part of these guys? It is the responsibility of the TEAM to secure the necessary papers for these players not the league and the league can only interfere at the behest of the club. Did it ever occur to you that if he were to meet with these players that he could open himself up to a lawsuit since it may violate  agreements between club and league?

Depending on the situation...it would definitely be within the purview of the league to intercede, especially if there are repercussions that may extend beyong Tobago Utd. itself.  Clearly these two are not isolated cases and the threat of it possibly escalating into a diplomatic embarrassment should prove sufficient to justify the intervention of the league.

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2007, 12:24:09 PM »
############## BREAKING NEWS ##########################

The fog appears to be clearing as the Nigerian had their first victory in the courtroom. The Magistrate is reported to have ordered Tobago United to give the players their immediate release. Compensation issues would be dealt with by the court  on 24 October. It was also reported that Tobago United is not a registered business entity, and that they have not obtained work permits for any of their foreign employees.
Live large and prosper!

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2007, 12:39:14 PM »
So the PL was not even checking and verifying its own required documentation, or turning a blind eye just to keep Tobago in the league. This is the kind of nonsense that FPATT can prevent from happening.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2007, 01:43:25 PM »

The fog appears to be clearing as the Nigerian had their first victory in the courtroom. The Magistrate is reported to have ordered Tobago United to give the players their immediate release. Compensation issues would be dealt with by the court  on 24 October. It was also reported that Tobago United is not a registered business entity, and that they have not obtained work permits for any of their foreign employees.
good stuff doc, thanks for the update.

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2007, 05:15:27 PM »

THANKS DOC! Keep the updates coming! It's SAD that this situation should come to this! But it's only through EXPOSING these things that change can occur...hmmn I'm surprised Lasana didn't pick up on this one

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2007, 02:07:42 AM »
This is symptomatic of everything that goes on in Trinidad and Tobago.
People make all kind a nice rules etc and then sit back without checking and making sure the same rules are followed. Ah set of laziness.
How Tobago United could be a franchise team without being a registered company under our laws ? The only way is if they are are charitable org or a NGO.
So the PFL mus be just get docs from them that suggets that all well and good with them legally and once de registration check and guarantee good then they could run they run.
Is just lazy people wherever yuh look an when the sh hit the fan they breaksing or coming up with ah seta excuse.
This attitude permeates all walks of life in TT and more so our football an when man question what people like wimp doing for he pay all kinda football never see come see jumping to his indefensible defence.
We will never see another WC final again because is laziness and blind people.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2007, 09:29:51 AM »
People make all kind a nice rules etc and then sit back without checking and making sure the same rules are followed. Ah set of laziness.
How Tobago United could be a franchise team without being a registered company under our laws ? The only way is if they are are charitable org or a NGO.
So the PFL mus be just get docs from them that suggets that all well and good with them legally and once de registration check and guarantee good then they could run they run.
Is just lazy people wherever yuh look an when the sh hit the fan they breaksing or coming up with ah seta excuse.
This attitude permeates all walks of life in TT and more so our football an when man question what people like wimp doing for he pay all kinda football never see come see jumping to his indefensible defence.
even 20 to 30 years before Wim reach in TnT is he fault
CHECK de "Special Advisor" of TTFF, and when you do, the weight will be lifted off your back.
Like in a Chess match, Wim is JUST a pawn.
Fishs, call your 'Best Manager in de world" and put he in TnT and even he will have beans wid dat "Special Advisor"...ah lie
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 09:45:26 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2007, 11:00:38 AM »

charitable orgs/NGO's same thing...and even them must register as such.  To quote one of my new favorite British-isms..."utterly shambolic".

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2007, 06:30:06 AM »
The court hearing in Tobago to deal with the question of compensation has been postponed 'til tomorrow 25 October.

I has also been disclosed that FIFA has acknowledged receipt of the players' petition, and it has been forwarded to the Player Status Committee for a ruling.
Live large and prosper!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2007, 07:55:10 AM »
The court hearing in Tobago to deal with the question of compensation has been postponed 'til tomorrow 25 October.

I has also been disclosed that FIFA has acknowledged receipt of the players' petition, and it has been forwarded to the Player Status Committee for a ruling.
Weyyy...it reach all de way up tuh FIFA??  Pro League should be ashamed.

Thanks for the update, I have no vested interest in the matter, but I real sympathise with them fellas having travelled clear across the Atlantic, to come to another black country where you'd think you'd get treated properly...only to encounter this.

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2007, 10:50:45 AM »

The information reaching me was that the judge asked the two parties to work out an amicable agreement and the adjourned the hearing. The next hearing is set for 8 November.
Live large and prosper!

1]; } ?>