May 14, 2024, 02:36:36 AM

Author Topic: India may travel to Trinidad & Tobago  (Read 44727 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: India may travel to Trinidad & Tobago
« Reply #300 on: August 16, 2011, 06:24:17 PM »
socapro not all the indians who went to Trinidad was low caste.. am bramhan.. My aja was born In UP India. My entire generation speaks two type of Hindi .. Trini Hindi and Indian Hindi.. I also speak fluent hindi .No disrespect meant to you pro jes correcting you a little..nuff fellas here  drawing wrong card . lets concentrate on football and stop the talk bout who supporting who.. shit when grenada comes to the stadium I could swear we in Grenada.. Lets  concentrate on football and stop the shit.. am Indian and proud just as Many of my  african Trini who are proud to be African.. Lets concentrate and football dont let this game divide us.. Its nothing new Indians in trinidad and Guyana have been supporting India frm 19 0 long... Lets concentrate on ball.. Moderators I really dont like where This thread is going you guys need to step in and do your job.. This is football not a racial war ... Who cares who could speak hindi and who cant... that should not be here this is football.. Lets concentrate and football guys.. Football...

war
Sttuueepppssssss!!! you so sensitive?? look how far you take ah little informative session and make it into mein kampf. wham yuh afraid of the truth or what? it's not like ppl making this up, bottom line is that it did and does happen, and @ that time it was ah big diss!

i remember my dad and uncles and a lot of trinis including white and frenchcreoles alike being very upset with that oval incident saying that these ppl don't want tuh integrate and that is killing the togetherness and underminding the unity of the country.

so if yuh cyar take it then overs the thread, doh run to the mods like ah lil baby, it did happen and ppl taking bout it bc it was kinda fack up and unpatriotic! imagine ah rural country dick head runnin and rejoicing after we lose to india bout "dey cyar beat we". ssttuuueeepppsssssss! 

PS: even fenwick love trinidad more than some indian trinis who does support india instead of the country of their birth. fackin losers!

all of us originate from africa, so this debate over indian and african is pointless, the genographic project of human migration has revolutionized how we look at ourselves and others, also our root/origin.

threads like this are rendered useless because as society progresses we will realize we are all one and have a common ancestor

https://genographic.nationalgeographic.com/genographic/index.html

take a read, educate yourselves and free yourself of any ignorant and regressive thought you may have.

I really think you miss the point of this conversation.

i already addressed the point of the conversation earlier, it has digressed since if you haven't noticed.

i was responding to JC because i felt the thread was going down the wrong path, i wasn't talking to you.

instead of us talking about football, it has gone into a discussion fully engrossed in race and racism.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #301 on: August 16, 2011, 06:34:07 PM »
socapro not all the indians who went to Trinidad was low caste.. am bramhan.. My aja was born In UP India. My entire generation speaks two type of Hindi .. Trini Hindi and Indian Hindi.. I also speak fluent hindi .No disrespect meant to you pro jes correcting you a little..nuff fellas here  drawing wrong card . lets concentrate on football and stop the talk bout who supporting who.. shit when grenada comes to the stadium I could swear we in Grenada.. Lets  concentrate on football and stop the shit.. am Indian and proud just as Many of my  african Trini who are proud to be African.. Lets concentrate and football dont let this game divide us.. Its nothing new Indians in trinidad and Guyana have been supporting India frm 19 0 long... Lets concentrate on ball.. Moderators I really dont like where This thread is going you guys need to step in and do your job.. This is football not a racial war ... Who cares who could speak hindi and who cant... that should not be here this is football.. Lets concentrate and football guys.. Football...

war
Sttuueepppssssss!!! you so sensitive?? look how far you take ah little informative session and make it into mein kampf. wham yuh afraid of the truth or what? it's not like ppl making this up, bottom line is that it did and does happen, and @ that time it was ah big diss!

i remember my dad and uncles and a lot of trinis including white and frenchcreoles alike being very upset with that oval incident saying that these ppl don't want tuh integrate and that is killing the togetherness and underminding the unity of the country.

so if yuh cyar take it then overs the thread, doh run to the mods like ah lil baby, it did happen and ppl taking bout it bc it was kinda fack up and unpatriotic! imagine ah rural country dick head runnin and rejoicing after we lose to india bout "dey cyar beat we". ssttuuueeepppsssssss! 

PS: even fenwick love trinidad more than some indian trinis who does support india instead of the country of their birth. fackin losers!

all of us originate from africa, so this debate over indian and african is pointless, the genographic project of human migration has revolutionized how we look at ourselves and others, also our root/origin.

threads like this are rendered useless because as society progresses we will realize we are all one and have a common ancestor

https://genographic.nationalgeographic.com/genographic/index.html

take a read, educate yourselves and free yourself of any ignorant and regressive thought you may have.
TI, this is ah cop out if i've ever seen one. what about discussing anything about race especially indians that does make this whole board so uncomfortable, untruthful and compromising?

it's the same here in the US when ppl discuss african american sociology, i've noticed that it makes ppl so apprehensive and have them walking on egg shells every time the subject arises. why can't ppl speak out in an intelligent unoffensive truthful manner about the subject? what's with all the diplomacy and evasiveness ?

cop out? who is copping out, its obvious that there is racism on both sides of the fence and has been displayed throughout the generations.

who is denying that? that is a fact, however there are many indo and afro-trinis who are not racists, there are also many hindu to the bone trinis who support TT fully as well.

I have met racist individuals from both races and also ones that are of a mixed race, that is normal place in a country like TT that has so many different cultures.

I ain't walking on egg shells, like you forget my father's family from the EDR as well. My mother and father are of mixed heritage, I am very comfortable talking about race.

however, when the discussion gets counter productive breds I have no problem pointing out that we all come from the same root and that ignorance will allow some people to continue a discussion that is not addressing but attacking in nature.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 06:48:26 PM by Controversial »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 16, 2011, 07:59:07 PM »
When India come let them eat we curry and see how well they like it.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 16, 2011, 10:56:19 PM »
Nonsense!!! these ppl supporting trinidad against england bc they weren't respected as brits for a long time especially first generationers who was excluded in every which way.

why,look how long it took england to come tuh terms with their immigrant population and begin treating them like "english" citizen integrating them into british society, plus they've only been there in great numbers 50yrs. same thing with the rest of europe.

as for mexicans, these ppl has only been in the US less than 70yrs, and their population was minuscule up till the late 70ies, it's only LA and dallas that really had ah huge mexican population compared to the rest of the US, but trini indians has been in T&T since the 1840ies!! that's almost 200 fackin yrs and they can't assimilate yet??

allyuh keep making excuses for that bull crap, i just have one word to describe it, unpatriotic!! fack dat!

If only you knew how off-base yuh is.
Well enlighten einstein, don;'t leff me in the dark. ::)

You say that Trinis in England supported the WI over England because they were treated as second class citizens etc. in England.  No argument there.

However, for generations... many Indians in TnT felt they were treated as second-class citizens by first the colonial, then the Eric Williams government.  You might argue whether that feeling was justified or not... but there's no arguing that it existed.  Therefore, even though you call it "nonsense", you actually make his case for him without realizing it.

As fuh assimilating... black people been in the US almost 500 years now and to this day many African Americans will root for an African team over the US Men's National Team.  Need I mention the second-class citizen thing too?

Next... you say that Mexicans only in the US less than 70 years and that up 'til the 70s the population was "miniscule"??  Where you get that from pardna?

You realize that Texas and California was taken from Mexico by force, right? Santa Ana and dem fellas was from where... Venezuela? You realize that many Mexicans stayed on this side of the border, working the same land they'd been working for centuries, right?  Eva Longoria described this as being her family's situation, and they certainly weren't the only ones.  Mexicans have always been in this country, their immigration didn't just start after WWII (70 years ago).  Maybe you confusing them with Puerto Ricans, lol

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #304 on: August 17, 2011, 02:20:29 AM »
When India come let them eat we curry and see how well they like it.

Dey go like it too bad.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 17, 2011, 05:55:42 AM »
Nonsense!!! these ppl supporting trinidad against england bc they weren't respected as brits for a long time especially first generationers who was excluded in every which way.

why,look how long it took england to come tuh terms with their immigrant population and begin treating them like "english" citizen integrating them into british society, plus they've only been there in great numbers 50yrs. same thing with the rest of europe.

as for mexicans, these ppl has only been in the US less than 70yrs, and their population was minuscule up till the late 70ies, it's only LA and dallas that really had ah huge mexican population compared to the rest of the US, but trini indians has been in T&T since the 1840ies!! that's almost 200 fackin yrs and they can't assimilate yet??

allyuh keep making excuses for that bull crap, i just have one word to describe it, unpatriotic!! fack dat!

If only you knew how off-base yuh is.
Well enlighten einstein, don;'t leff me in the dark. ::)

You say that Trinis in England supported the WI over England because they were treated as second class citizens etc. in England.  No argument there.

However, for generations... many Indians in TnT felt they were treated as second-class citizens by first the colonial, then the Eric Williams government.  You might argue whether that feeling was justified or not... but there's no arguing that it existed.  Therefore, even though you call it "nonsense", you actually make his case for him without realizing it.

As fuh assimilating... black people been in the US almost 500 years now and to this day many African Americans will root for an African team over the US Men's National Team.  Need I mention the second-class citizen thing too?

Next... you say that Mexicans only in the US less than 70 years and that up 'til the 70s the population was "miniscule"??  Where you get that from pardna?

You realize that Texas and California was taken from Mexico by force, right? Santa Ana and dem fellas was from where... Venezuela? You realize that many Mexicans stayed on this side of the border, working the same land they'd been working for centuries, right?  Eva Longoria described this as being her family's situation, and they certainly weren't the only ones.  Mexicans have always been in this country, their immigration didn't just start after WWII (70 years ago).  Maybe you confusing them with Puerto Ricans, lol

Breds, i what i meant tuh say was that as of 70 yrs ago, the bulk of the mexican populus was concentrated in LA or dallas, that's all! it's only after a few decades or so that mexicans started over populating southern cal and started moving inland, but for the most part they were ah real minority.

i'm fully aware of the alamo. i'm also aware of the origins of texas and southern cal/ northern mexico being taken away from mexico in the first american intervention/ the mexican american war of 1846. give me some sort of credit bro, i ain't that dunce.

as for black ppl in the US not assimilating after 500yrs, it seem like you really want tuh win this argument, bc black americans and white americans are one and the same.

BTW i can't remember any african team being supported over any american team , ever! i musta miss something here. from what i know black americans can't even stand africans, so i would really like to know when and where black yankees supported africans in any sporting event against their own countrymen.

as for indians being under dogs in trini under eric williams rule, hog wash! the indian population started triving under the williams regime more than any other ethnic group, if any thing, they made themselves underdogs, bc of politics and klanishhness, but williams do them ppl plenty favors bro, especially with the big agricultural loans that they never had tuh pay back that afforded most indians ah tractor and ah big truck under their tall mansions in the country.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline jonny

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 17, 2011, 08:32:31 AM »

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: August 17, 2011, 08:54:44 AM »
So Bimblast and he partners couldnt have a maxi waiting in the airport to take the men to a hotel  :rotfl:

Hrmmmm...this is good, one less practice game for our opponents.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 17, 2011, 11:00:36 AM »
Make sure these fellas see we dulahin, douglas, and we darkies eh. Leh dem hit up Zen and 51 and see how we does make we pros. and dem. Best treatment.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 17, 2011, 11:06:22 AM »
Make sure these fellas see we dulahin, douglas, and we darkies eh. Leh dem hit up Zen and 51 and see how we does make we pros. and dem. Best treatment.

That's correct!
Treat your hosts well then beat them well so at least they can go back home with some good memories apart from the beating!  ;)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 17, 2011, 11:42:05 AM »
I was loking foward to this game to see how India looking against a bajan team ...A bajan team who I believe can handle TNT at this present moment wid our  team on paper.  Guess I guh have to wait a lil more..
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 17, 2011, 01:39:54 PM »
Breds, i what i meant tuh say was that as of 70 yrs ago, the bulk of the mexican populus was concentrated in LA or dallas, that's all! it's only after a few decades or so that mexicans started over populating southern cal and started moving inland, but for the most part they were ah real minority.

Ask them people in N. Mexico, Arizona and the other border states if is only Texas and California who had Mexicans 70 yrs ago.  Just because yuh wasn't hearing about militias and border patrol back then don't mean Mexicans wasn't immigrating in large numbers.

i'm fully aware of the alamo. i'm also aware of the origins of texas and southern cal/ northern mexico being taken away from mexico in the first american intervention/ the mexican american war of 1846. give me some sort of credit bro, i ain't that dunce.

Fair enough, but you type with yuh own fingers that Mexicans didn't come here until 70 yrs ago?  I'z not a mind reader to know what yuh intended from what yuh didn't intend.

as for black ppl in the US not assimilating after 500yrs, it seem like you really want tuh win this argument, bc black americans and white americans are one and the same.

BTW i can't remember any african team being supported over any american team , ever! i musta miss something here. from what i know black americans can't even stand africans, so i would really like to know when and where black yankees supported africans in any sporting event against their own countrymen.

Black Americans and white Americans are one in the same?  I'm sure many black Americans will disagree with that.

Secondly, last year during the World Cup the only time I saw black Americans even remotely interested in the games was when the African teams were playing.... and yes, they were rooting for Ghana over the US.

as for indians being under dogs in trini under eric williams rule, hog wash! the indian population started triving under the williams regime more than any other ethnic group, if any thing, they made themselves underdogs, bc of politics and klanishhness, but williams do them ppl plenty favors bro, especially with the big agricultural loans that they never had tuh pay back that afforded most indians ah tractor and ah big truck under their tall mansions in the country.

As I said... which you clearly missed... whether YOU want to agree with the assertion that Indians were treated as second-class citizens or not is immaterial to the discussion, I'm sure there are many in England who will disagree that WIs were treated as second-class citizens too, but that's besides the point.  The fact is that many Indians BELIEVE that they were treated as second-class citizens in TnT, just as many WI believe they were treated as second-class citizens in England.  We are talking about reasons why these groups support 'foreign' teams over the 'home' teams... not whether they are justified in their reasons for that support.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 17, 2011, 02:06:38 PM »
allyuh still wid this thing boi.. oh god gave it a facking rest nuh.. ley we talk bout football... boi is a facking shame I tell yuh..
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 17, 2011, 02:50:46 PM »
allyuh still wid this thing boi.. oh god gave it a facking rest nuh.. ley we talk bout football... boi is a facking shame I tell yuh..
war

War, let people talk about whatever they want nah! We team eh doing $hit!!

And even if they beat Indian that's not something I am prepared to get excited about!

When Camps goes that's when I will start getting excited about T&T's football prospects! Until such time, there is nothing worth getting too excited about so let man talk about other things to keep them posting on the board nah!!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 02:53:42 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 17, 2011, 02:58:49 PM »
I have live in foreign for a while and I think I know a thing or 2 about race relations in the US. Black American are some of the most patriotic Americans. They DO NOT alway walk hand in hand with everything the MAN say or do, but that don't mean they not patriotic.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: August 17, 2011, 03:00:56 PM »
war

Somebody f**king forcing yuh to read it?  Why yuh doh go on the USSF site or reggaeboyz.com... since yuh can't figure out what de f**k yuh is?

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 17, 2011, 03:05:58 PM »
war

Somebody f**king forcing yuh to read it?  Why yuh doh go on the USSF site or reggaeboyz.com... since yuh can't figure out what de f**k yuh is?

Bakes, yuh is a cook too?  i see yuh does like to stir de pot too. lol
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 17, 2011, 03:09:25 PM »

Nah, me eh stirring nutten... fuhget about me and just cool, I actually find the conversation interesting, and these are the type of hard questions we need to ask and hash out if we want to move ahead as one nation.  Instead some man in here steady bitching about "race" talk.  Allyuh know de talk going on, either doh come in the thread or skip over the posts... not that hard.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 17, 2011, 03:18:33 PM »

Nah, me eh stirring nutten... fuhget about me and just cool, I actually find the conversation interesting, and these are the type of hard questions we need to ask and hash out if we want to move ahead as one nation.  Instead some man in here steady bitching about "race" talk.  Allyuh know de talk going on, either doh come in the thread or skip over the posts... not that hard.

:beermug:

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 17, 2011, 03:23:16 PM »
I have read quite a bit about Dr.E.Williams reign and  Indians did not started doing well during his reign,Indians were always doing well especially in the private sector even when TT was British.When Williams took over TT in 56 or whenever it was,it was because Indians were not capable of uniting,if they united they would have beaten the PNM into second place.Indians broke up into several splinter groups and the Indian votes were spread among several different candidates and that is how Williams won.The Muslim votes went to the PNM because my father and mother voted PNM(we have Muslim surname but are Christians) also all my family from Sando,even so if Indians had stuck together as someone suggested "they are klannish" then they would have beaten the PNM.
It is amazing that the present government of majority Indians are still together,everyday you expect to see them fall apart,Indians cannot unite like Afros.
 When India competed in the Asian Cup recently this MB was full of stupid and un-complimentary remarks about India,people were disregarding the fact that India had not played serious football for many years,as such I didn't think they did as bad as some were saying.It now appears that some people are thinking or even indicating that India could even beat us.We shouldn't get "cold feet" now coz India according to many are "shit",well that is what they were saying during the results in the Asian Cup.I thought India did well enough in the Asian Cup,all things considered but they surely cannot beat us on home soil but I will be mildly surprised if we lose.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 17, 2011, 03:38:28 PM »

Bakes since yuh ah cook yuh could make Baigani (sp)? Or ah go have tuh check vb?

On that topic what they will sell at the HCS, doubles or nuts?

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 17, 2011, 03:41:07 PM »
I have read quite a bit about Dr.E.Williams reign and  Indians did not started doing well during his reign,Indians were always doing well especially in the private sector even when TT was British.When Williams took over TT in 56 or whenever it was,it was because Indians were not capable of uniting,if they united they would have beaten the PNM into second place.Indians broke up into several splinter groups and the Indian votes were spread among several different candidates and that is how Williams won.The Muslim votes went to the PNM because my father and mother voted PNM(we have Muslim surname but are Christians) also all my family from Sando,even so if Indians had stuck together as someone suggested "they are klannish" then they would have beaten the PNM.
It is amazing that the present government of majority Indians are still together,everyday you expect to see them fall apart,Indians cannot unite like Afros.
 When India competed in the Asian Cup recently this MB was full of stupid and un-complimentary remarks about India,people were disregarding the fact that India had not played serious football for many years,as such I didn't think they did as bad as some were saying.It now appears that some people are thinking or even indicating that India could even beat us.We shouldn't get "cold feet" now coz India according to many are "shit",well that is what they were saying during the results in the Asian Cup.I thought India did well enough in the Asian Cup,all things considered but they surely cannot beat us on home soil but I will be mildly surprised if we lose.

I think folks here are starting to overrate the importance of this T&T vs India game!

This is basically a game between 2 minors or 2 $hit teams!

Whether T&T wins or India wins, no one in the world who cares about watching a decent standard of football will care!!

None of my Indian friends here in London either know or care that this game is on and I am not even going to bother bragging to them about winning afterwards if T&T wins as that will only mean that India is $hitter than us nothing more!

So guys let’s not get too carried away, this is simply an insignificant match between football minors that very few people in the real football care much about!!

Mind you we care so that's all that matters, or do we really?!  :-\
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 03:43:22 PM by Socapro »

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 17, 2011, 10:00:47 PM »
war

Dread My name is rajesh B Maharajh..  all 5 sons have indian name even di one wid a dougla gal and a mexican gal and white gal.. I know who di f**k I is.. I is a facking Indian ..wey is yu name?..who di f**k yu is .. dont worry bout me check yu facking self ..
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 17, 2011, 10:36:57 PM »
What i'm gathering from this game is that it's a goodwill game,this is a game arranged between two governments,this eh no preparation for no WC else all the foreign based players would have been involved.
I thought All Sports in control of promoting the game,why are we still checking TTFF for game dates etc etc   

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 18, 2011, 07:38:38 AM »
Bakes is a real good lawyer yes...  :beermug:

Man confessing dey name, location, how much children dey have, de ethnicity of they baby mama... etc  :rotfl:

Let the game play fellas, this is not a serious international, leh we see what the locals have to offer. Go Otto.  :beermug:

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: August 18, 2011, 07:56:42 AM »
Dread My name is rajesh B Maharajh..  all 5 sons have indian name even di one wid a dougla gal and a mexican gal and white gal.. I know who di f**k I is.. I is a facking Indian ..wey is yu name?..who di f**k yu is .. dont worry bout me check yu facking self ..
war

oooh goooood :o Mr Maharaj you sexin gyirls on ah international level!!...yuh tryin to swirl de world?

ah mexican with ah indian name..yuh hadda love it
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 18, 2011, 09:00:17 AM »
In Trini we will big up anyone willing to play for T&T even if dey not even born in T&T, but have some kind of roots...Those of us who live abroad will probably be proud of our kids and grandkids if they remain loyal to Trini and support our team...so what's the big fuss about Indians in T&T supporting India?  Many Indians in T&T have maintained strong ties to their roots - Before I left T&T I couldn't really understand it, but it makes sense on some level to me now, and it's not that big a deal...What's even more baffling is why Indians who support T&T would be offended by someone simply stating their observations...

As far as the game goes, if we put a good lashing on this team, we might gain the attention of some better opponents, and so on and so on - we have to start somewhere, and we can't be too proud to play anyone - big European pro teams start their pre-season by taking on lower division clubs and doing tours of way lesser fancied footballing countries - again yuh have tuh start somewhere. World Cup doh start next week - in fact at this stage we're likely to learn more and get a proper warm up, from a lesser team than by playing a "big side" that will surely cut our arse....  I know nothing of India's football but I don't imagine that they'll be any good...I also have a fear that we're not a whole (if at all) lot better so for me personally I'm intrigued by what this match-up will bring.  I'm hoping that we put a comprehensive licking on them - that would give me some hope that we're even in a place to face better opposition....and we go from there. 

On a sidenote, I think the match could be a lot of fun for the local based if as a nation we took it seriously- regardless of who supporting who - let the indians come out in their numbers, tassa, roti, doubles and rum mix with the regular steel and iron, pie, nuts and stag ...sounds like a good fete to me -  I eh see what the fuss is all about
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 09:02:54 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 18, 2011, 09:08:22 AM »
In Trini we will big up anyone willing to play for T&T even if dey not even born in T&T, but have some kind of roots...Those of us who live abroad will probably be proud of our kids and grandkids if they remain loyal to Trini and support our team...so what's the big fuss about Indians in T&T supporting India?  Many Indians in T&T have maintained strong ties to their roots - Before I left T&T I couldn't really understand it, but it makes sense on some level to me now, and it's not that big a deal...What's even more baffling is why Indians who support T&T would be offended by someone simply stating their observations...

As far as the game goes, if we put a good lashing on this team, we might gain the attention of some better opponents, and so on and so on - we have to start somewhere, and we can't be too proud to play anyone - big European pro teams start their pre-season by taking on lower division clubs and doing tours of way lesser fancied footballing countries - again yuh have tuh start somewhere. World Cup doh start next week - in fact at this stage we're likely to learn more and get a proper warm up, from a lesser team than by playing a "big side" that will surely cut our arse....  I know nothing of India's football but I don't imagine that they'll be any good...I also have a fear that we're not a whole (if at all) lot better so for me personally I'm intrigued by what this match-up will bring.  I'm hoping that we put a comprehensive licking on them - that would give me some hope that we're even in a place to face better opposition....and we go from there. 

On a sidenote, I think the match could be a lot of fun for the local based if as a nation we took it seriously- regardless of who supporting who - let the indians come out in their numbers, tassa, roti, doubles and rum mix with the regular steel and iron, pie, nuts and stag ...sounds like a good fete to me -  I eh see what the fuss is all about

most sense in dis whole thread :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
I pity the fool....

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: August 19, 2011, 01:31:48 AM »
war

war
Nah, i cyar believe is bake N shark you buff up like dat son! wham sharks, yuh getting sorf or yuh decide to practice some diplomacy and become more graceful under fire? yuh go leh dis jamacian fella buff yuh up like dat? all day i waitin patiently for the response  :waiting: and nothing. nah i cyar believe that!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 19, 2011, 06:03:36 AM »
sounds like a good fete to me

We have WC qualifying and we talking fete match. JA went China and they playing Ecuador or Bolivia. We playing f--king fete match? Allyuh either going brazil village or RIO claro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1]; } ?>