May 11, 2024, 02:28:22 PM

Poll

He hasnt scored as yet when we needed it.....

no-should be benched
5 (25%)
yes-should be benched
15 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: July 02, 2006, 10:23:25 AM

Author Topic: Is Stern John ah liability at Present?  (Read 5366 times)

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
Re: Is Stern John ah liability at Present?
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2006, 08:30:30 PM »
stern does always come up big when we really need the goals... and on tuesday we really need the goals so hold up on the man... in case u didnt notice he creates more chances than most ppl on the team... yet i would rather him not playing as a lone striker but instead up with glenn

Offline Latent

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Is Stern John ah liability at Present?
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2006, 08:48:14 PM »
You all already know what my opinion is on this.

Stern is the kind of striker if he stays on the field ninety minutes, he will find a way to score. Beenhakker kept faith in him and he turned on the ignition during the qualifiers against Guatemala when it counted. Out of nowhere, the same striker who being criticised and osttricised by the crowd, scored two goals and won us the match and we hailed him as a hero.

Look in the England game, he nearly scored a goal against England nearing the end of the first half. Too bad it was cleared just inches from the goal line. The man is not a liability, he works hard, finds himself in scoring positions, even if it is offside and an excellent work rate.

He may not be able to run at the defense like Kenwyn Jones or Cornell Glenn but he fights for the ball and scores, the man has 65 international goals for our country, this is the highest for a Trinidad and Tobago player, even better than Steve Davids

I do not think that he is a liability at present.

1]; } ?>