May 08, 2024, 09:04:03 AM

Author Topic: Manning saddens Yorke ... 'he never consulted me as promised'  (Read 11456 times)

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Manning saddens Yorke ... 'he never consulted me as promised'
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2006, 02:42:43 PM »
I knew something was wrong from the get go the PNM could never be trusted and until that party is dismantled T&T will always be playing second Fidel to JA and people want to say they should win a game if Simoes was coaching T&T they would have won a game much respect to Yorke for speaking up.
Hush yuh ass!
TnT Patriot

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2006, 03:05:52 PM »
Manning bounce he head when he talk about meeting with Yorke or whoever tuh decide what the team should get. He shouldah jes make ah decision and gih dem whatever. Yes, we make de world cup and did a credible job....but we eh win ah game and move to de second rounds ...an' man asking for house, land car and who knows whatelse....! Maybe dey should jes get ah medal, ah box ah chicken and chips and ah fruta. Jeezanages yuh get $1m some in cash the other in units.....just invest the flikkin ting and at the end of the day the interst yuh get will make yuh happy for the rest of yuh life. Ah hope dey make as much noise for the $$$ they suppose to get through TTFF from FIFA.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 03:38:47 PM by Tongue »

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2006, 04:32:03 PM »
I am so Facking glad to read this after the way men here was jumping on Ince and Wolfe. It was obviously something that the team spoke about behind closed doors and that is what Dwight was going to ask for, and men want to say they have no class. It real burn me to read some of the tings that were being said on here. At least now we know that it have more to the story. Plenty of alyuh owe them men an apology.

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2006, 04:39:44 PM »
Again....Yorke was not askin for NO LAND !!!!!

It is about the PM of our country reneging on his word when we were about to make history.....if you don't hold yuh own PM accountable what does that say about ourselves, our people and our country as a whole  by making our core  values and integrity second-rate and brush it off as trivial.
Warrior For Life !!

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2006, 04:47:07 PM »

So it looks like this is the real issue.  The boys jealous of what Jamaica got.
Well hear what, maybe next time win a match and then we can talk land

Boss:

What shit ya talking. We tied Sweden, playing a half with 10 ten men. An we kept Engerlund level for 85 minutes and if not for a cheat, may have held on for a tie.

In my books, that is far better than beating Japan. At least, we didn't get 5 in we cyat.

Yorke and the player who remained anonymous are absolutely correct.

Fact is, sport is sport and politRics is just that, Tricks. The two of them together is like mixing oil and water.

Our Warriors made it to the greatest show on Earth and made us proud while there. They should be rewarded adequately. Manning, like i said before, is clueless and obviously can't even remember what he did or said yesterday. He told Yorke, the team captain and arguably the most famous Caribbean athlete, one thing and did something completely different. Typical.

Wey yuh brain sah.....A million doillars could be used to get land and more in trini. 750,000 units is a lot more than TT$750,000 if used in the right way.That is so much collateral you don't even know its worth. As a matter of speaking Manning even give de men dem financial advisers to guide and show the ropes of investing their wealth.

Geesan ! what more dey want ? What more could dey want than that. A ton ah wealth in man hand and they quarreling.

Hold it dong !
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2006, 04:57:16 PM »
I am so Facking glad to read this after the way men here was jumping on Ince and Wolfe. It was obviously something that the team spoke about behind closed doors and that is what Dwight was going to ask for, and men want to say they have no class. It real burn me to read some of the tings that were being said on here. At least now we know that it have more to the story. Plenty of alyuh owe them men an apology.

Not ah f**kin apology for dem! Wha de arse....$750,000 units and dey still vex + $250,000 in cash....like some ah dem was more concern about wha dey go get once dey reach back...den again wen yuh on de bench yuh have time tuh t'ink bout all kinda ting....steuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuupes! ah eh hear nobody asking the TTFF for dey due.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2006, 05:04:23 PM »
I'll ask this question again as it was brought up before....

Does anyone know how much the TTFF paid the players during this WC?

Seeing that the TTFF got X amounta swiss francs from FIFA just for qualifying for the tournament plus money from the public in bank accounts etc that was supposed to go to the players and sponsorship deals etc. (remember all dem ting?)

As far as I understood....the money given out by the T&T government was a BONUS to the team.  They were not responsible for paying the players wages.  That I UNDERSTAND..I could be wrong....is the sole purview of the TTFF.

So again....IF the Government of T&T is NOT responsible for paying the players wages, how much did the TTFF pay the players for this WC?  NOT during WC qualifying....but subsequently.

Anyone know?

Thanks
« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 05:07:12 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2006, 05:07:54 PM »

Not ah f**kin apology for dem! Wha de arse....$750,000 units and dey still vex + $250,000 in cash....like some ah dem was more concern about wha dey go get once dey reach back...den again wen yuh on de bench yuh have time tuh t'ink bout all kinda ting....steuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuupes! ah eh hear nobody asking the TTFF for dey due.
Don't be so quick to jume on the men. The first people they interview was Ince and Wolfe and they basically said the same thing that Yorks said in this interview. So what Yorke talking Shyte too ???

They as a team sat down and disciussed the topic so that Yorke as their spokesperson would hold discussions with Manning AS PROMISED. I can now fully understand why they feel the way they do.

The truth is only now comming out.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2006, 05:40:45 PM »

Seeing that the TTFF got X amounta swiss francs from FIFA just for qualifying for the tournament plus money from the public in bank accounts etc that was supposed to go to the players and sponsorship deals etc. (remember all dem ting?)

As far as I understood....the money given out by the T&T government was a BONUS to the team.  They were not responsible for paying the players wages.  That I UNDERSTAND..I could be wrong....is the sole purview of the TTFF.

So again....IF the Government of T&T is NOT responsible for paying the players wages, how much did the TTFF pay the players for this WC?  NOT during WC qualifying....but subsequently.

Anyone know?

Thanks

One important note to make here is that NONE of the players complaining now or during the campaign about the TTFF and salary....well except for imps

If anything they have had positive things to say.  The gov't is without a doubt in a better position to help financially and with the crime rate they should be eager to get the youths involved in something as positive as football.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2006, 05:54:14 PM »
Yuh know in TNT is monkey see monkey do, so when Brian Lara get a piece ah land round by de zoo, that set a standard in de minds of of sportsmen,an here we have now an achievement as good or even better than what Lara did, and never mind what we did in de world cup I am just talking about getting there. Ah set ah petty cash pnm puppets saying 'yuh know how much ten days yuh ha to wuk to make ah million dollars. While Manning saying 'how many Trini's it take to move ah billion dollars out de treasury'.  ONE, an he goes by the name of THE COUNT OF MANNINGCHRISTO, an he just loves to count, ONE BILLION , TWO BILLION , THREE BILLION for me AH AH AH AH........
An Mr. Dutty next time yuh come WN sweat we go have Manning ice cream truck dey fuh you 'spinners' an all because last time yuh take two sip ah de 1919 an spread out like blue band on de field ah did'nt know if to laugh cry or call 911.
An back to de class thing, Dwight  Yorke showing real class because he not asking for his benifit but for his team mates.

The achievement was excellent but Lara had and still have accomplishments that NO ONE in the World not just T&T or the Caribbean...has achieved.  Same cannot be said.  Different situations.

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2006, 06:49:37 PM »
Nothing has changed.

Manning say the CJ have to lose dat wuk...Manning say he taking St Ann's grounds (after noise he done dat).  Manning say Benny Hinn tell him he go be PM. Manning say he is the father of the nation.  Manning say that is what the Soca Warriors getting.  Yorke and them think this is a democracy or what?

1 nation under PAT  :rotfl:
BORN TO DO IT

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2006, 06:53:08 PM »
For all who believe the article in the TNT Mirror I would like you to take note that this illustrious newspaper that check their facts and check it again is being sued by the Deputy Commissioner of Police for printing that he promoted his woman. The good lady never wrote the exam so it is not possible for her to be promoted.

A word to the wise is sufficient.

If the story does have some veracity my question is why when Manning met with Yorke that Yorke did not walk with a list that included the kitchen sink.

People done bawling they take long to reward them after they qualify. What would have happened if Manning said I have to meet with Yorke ? A set a men with a say that Manning sticking?

TNT is the only country I know that you can go from HERO to ZERO in the same day.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2006, 06:56:41 PM »

Anyone know?

Thanks

Somebody need to read the name of this tread again.
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2006, 09:21:47 PM »
Do we really have to get into what Jamaica did for the Reggae Boyz?  Next thing all man jack want 500 Series Benz like de Saudis too. It seems to me dat Yorke and dem was expecting thing beforehand. How can you expect what has not been promised?  Dey saying de Govt dis and de Govt dat...is every citizen money dey talking bout here.  Do they realize dat? 

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2006, 09:58:16 PM »

Don't be so quick to jume on the men. The first people they interview was Ince and Wolfe and they basically said the same thing that Yorks said in this interview. So what Yorke talking Shyte too ???

They as a team sat down and disciussed the topic so that Yorke as their spokesperson would hold discussions with Manning AS PROMISED. I can now fully understand why they feel the way they do.

The truth is whatever dey getting is ah bonus, even if it was ah medal and ah portion...and I still maintain....is ah whole $1m dey get and still want more..... longer steuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuupes....kyah imagine what dey wouldah wanted if dey did reach the 2nd round.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 10:00:04 PM by Tongue »

Offline cascabel

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2006, 07:09:54 AM »
There is no credibility to this article whatsoever.

It is the TnT Mirror.

I'm waiting for the Punch exclusive with the team orgy with Swedish girls.

I guess that would be worth 5 minutes' reading.   :devil:   :rotfl:   

Offline jose

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2006, 07:40:57 AM »
what yorke is saying is that manning said he would speak to him first and that he shoud of kept his word but what do you expect from a politician

Offline Sentinel

• Full Warrior
  • Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2006, 08:18:46 AM »
Thief from thief go make god LAUGH…..and small people of our nation….CRY!

I think this whole situation STINKS of Politricks and Yes....the word I hate the most....WAGONNISM!

It all boils down to small minded people jockeying for control ...over who governs T&T...so that they "whomever" can assume control of positional power and T&T's finances.  Whether it be PNM or UNC!  Same Shit.

To be honest....the present day government was never interested in football until....We Reach!  Manning then surfaced because the T&T football team qualified….and yes….I am head honcho of T&T…so ah have to be highly visible….making all kinda promises….meeting with Yorke etc.

So what if he (Manning) neva did?  Ah go now bestow on my subjects one million in assets.  Ah go show who run tings.  Government did not have to verbalize promises…but then again….it was done for the sole purpose of visibility and political expediency.  Oh gawd…if you give the team the Chaconia gold…at least include Jack…without him it was a no go.  Trinity cross….hell no!

Lack of principle at its highest…literally and figuratively.  

You have to give Jackula he Jacket though!  He loved football…but certainly not more than the money he knew he could sifon.  He in turn making his bid for the monarchy at the highest level of our nation.

So part 2. Jackula announces he not going to finance like he did before.  So he puts the onus on the present government…..but remember…government at war wid Jack….because he represents UNC… so the present government not supporting football until we visible again.  Takes a hell of a lot of money in the pre-qualification states.   Without money…we cookoo cook.  

Fallout from this….vote me in …and I will make sure government takes care of football….cause I will have access to the nation’s treasury.

How we dysfunctional sooooo.

To be honest….the only people loosing are the citizens of our nation.

Luv U T&T

Offline Strip

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2006, 09:49:46 AM »
Yeah I think the compensation was very fair... yorke should just be upset over the fact that he wasnt consulted, not over the compensation

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2006, 04:12:14 PM »

The truth is whatever dey getting is ah bonus, even if it was ah medal and ah portion...and I still maintain....is ah whole $1m dey get and still want more..... longer steuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuupes....kyah imagine what dey wouldah wanted if dey did reach the 2nd round.

You missing the point...They are not asking for more. They are saying that they were asked what they wanted, they discussed it and they would have prefered something else. Now Dwight is saying that Manning did not keep his promis to meet with him so the Govt did not hear what the players wanted.  Also remember that they did not say that they were not thankfull but there are other things more important than money.

I actually commend the guys for not wanting money because that is what is ruining our country. Is shows that the guys are not small minded and looking at the bigger picture.

How the saying goes...."Money is the root of all evil"

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2006, 04:43:14 PM »
So are ppl saying that what the players were asking for was probably worth more than 1 mill each ? and they disappointed that they didn't get it ?
Suppose Manning presumed whatever they may have wanted would be covered  plus. And I know Manning and Yorke did meet, though everyone remarked how come it was so short. Anyway they mighta get some donations to some sport organizations in their name with me, and some school fields name after them ....buh ah doh know nuthen bout PMing, like ah doh know nuthen bout coaching

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2006, 05:06:07 PM »
So are ppl saying that what the players were asking for was probably worth more than 1 mill each ? and they disappointed that they didn't get it ?
Suppose Manning presumed whatever they may have wanted would be covered  plus. And I know Manning and Yorke did meet, though everyone remarked how come it was so short. Anyway they mighta get some donations to some sport organizations in their name with me, and some school fields name after them ....buh ah doh know nuthen bout PMing, like ah doh know nuthen bout coaching
No I do not think that they were asking for things that are worth more than $1m. I feel that you are quite right about the donations and such. And to be quite honest a piece of land or house is much more valuable to most of these guys. How many of them you think own their own piece of land. Apart from what mommy and daddy might give most of might never get that opportunity. Remember the foreign bassed players out there long time and most left at a young age. And Wolfe still young. Most of them have not had the opportunity to buy. Men talking about not following Jamaica but if we feel that what they did was benifitial to the players then why not follow them.

Bottom line is Manning say come tell me how best to compensate the team and he give them what he feel without listening to them first.

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2006, 05:29:52 PM »
It's the fastest and smoothest transfer of funds from treasury to citizens I have ever seen in my life, and I must thank our right honorable prime minister Mr.Patrick Manning for overseeing this 'red tape' free event. I would also like to thank all posters on this forum  as their voices are being heard in TNT and around the world in Trini circles, at present this web site is at the forefront of 'freedom of speech' for Trini's worldwide, there are over 100,000 internet users in TNT and this site will swell in numbers by the time 2010 rolls around,I hope those in charge continue doing a good job at keeping this site from being used as a political tool and to truly be a place where ever creed an race find an equal place and may God bless WARRIOR NATION.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2006, 06:06:26 PM »
It's the fastest and smoothest transfer of funds from treasury to citizens I have ever seen in my life, and I must thank our right honorable prime minister Mr.Patrick Manning for overseeing this 'red tape' free event. I would also like to thank all posters on this forum  as their voices are being heard in TNT and around the world in Trini circles, at present this web site is at the forefront of 'freedom of speech' for Trini's worldwide, there are over 100,000 internet users in TNT and this site will swell in numbers by the time 2010 rolls around,I hope those in charge continue doing a good job at keeping this site from being used as a political tool and to truly be a place where ever creed an race find an equal place and may God bless WARRIOR NATION.

papa yo  :o...yuh runnin for mayor or wha?  ;)
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2006, 07:28:11 PM »
No I do not think that they were asking for things that are worth more than $1m. I feel that you are quite right about the donations and such. And to be quite honest a piece of land or house is much more valuable to most of these guys. How many of them you think own their own piece of land. Apart from what mommy and daddy might give most of might never get that opportunity. Remember the foreign bassed players out there long time and most left at a young age. And Wolfe still young. Most of them have not had the opportunity to buy. Men talking about not following Jamaica but if we feel that what they did was benifitial to the players then why not follow them.

Bottom line is Manning say come tell me how best to compensate the team and he give them what he feel without listening to them first.

borse is true money cyar buy love, buh with dey million dey could buy everything else....we know for ah fact the love alone didn't count, so the man take it upon heself to give that...I doh know wha to buy meh big kids, so I give dem money to buy what dey like...both dem and me did get fed up of getting the wrong ting...but here one minute we is proessionals, and next we crying, and b$itching like spoil chilren...Now doh get meh wrong, Manning shoulda meet with Yorke, and he move like ah p-opes(sp) dey, buh basically he dip in he pocket, come up with allyuh money, and give to these wukking fellas real bills, and say "heh,geh wha allyuh want', and these professionals, talking bout it is not appropiate....and others who need, Child psch, social issues, crime, poverty, wasa, hockey, police....who cyring and begging long time, still getting ignored and must hold strain...and man bawling dey didn't get meeting....What these pros should be doing is giving some area some and say it is way to much...

add: I only wrote further to indicate that it have more important issues to be concerned about, even if someone's life only revolves around footballl, than to worry if the players satisfied or not...ah more worried bout the next campaign, when Our U16, U18, U21 have to depend on Teams wanting to come play we, cause we TTFF doh have funds to send them to play nobody...buh dah is if yuh lTrini life only depends on football, eh

oohhhhh....Manning saddend Yorke....shame..shame
« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 07:37:42 PM by maxg »

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2006, 09:32:53 AM »
Now doh get meh wrong, Manning shoulda meet with Yorke, and he move like ah p-opes(sp) dey, buh basically he dip in he pocket, come up with allyuh money, and give to these wukking fellas real bills, and say "heh,geh wha allyuh want'

whattttt!!!!!    :o

maxg doh make that mistake saying HE money nah...though the way he does move i understand why u might think that.  ;)

If he met with Yorke (article still not verified) maybe Spann and the technical staff would have been included, ince and wolfe woulda look like bigger fools (cuz Ince mighta still open he mouth), something more appropriate would have been decided upon cuz right now plenty people not happy with giving cash (cash units same ting).  I'm sure the players may have wanted some kind of committment to football related areas they believe important but who knows...maybe the government wasn't willing to hear about that and doh talk if they had mention anything about giving Jack an award too.  So maybe Manning didn't want to talk to them   :thinking:

In short it woulda save all this bacchanal that spoil the whole gesture.
Ah mean this thing will leave a sour taste and when you get down to it I don't believe it would be fair to say it is the players fault for basically not shutting up and smiling.

1]; } ?>