May 11, 2024, 10:18:23 AM

Author Topic: Machel may enter Soca Monarch this year  (Read 2639 times)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Machel may enter Soca Monarch this year
« on: January 27, 2011, 09:51:27 AM »
confirmed today

;D his status alone go be trouble fuh the rest of them lol..he said he still have more big tunes to drop..but "illegal" is a soca monarch contender as of right now..

"http://www.facebook.com/v/10150379483310212"

« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 11:11:53 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
Re: Machel may enter Soca Monarch this year
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 01:45:40 PM »
dais advantage

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 02:18:55 PM »
Now hear the report on d radio. Talking about he dream he win d soca monarch and he start to talk to the dream and then catch this one......

He want to do a 3 way conference with he, d dream and his fans to figure if he jumping out.

Sounds more like he watching dat 2 million dollar bonanza up for grabs.

Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 03:03:43 PM »
Now hear the report on d radio. Talking about he dream he win d soca monarch and he start to talk to the dream and then catch this one......

He want to do a 3 way conference with he, d dream and his fans to figure if he jumping out.

Sounds more like he watching dat 2 million dollar bonanza up for grabs.

ENTTTTTTTTTTTT. Especially since he eh gettin dat nxt yr.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 06:13:10 PM »
Destra was dropping ah hint or two this evening too that she might jump in the competition as well.......the $2 million nah....everybody seeing $ $ $ $
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2011, 06:19:49 PM »
dais advantage

his 'chune' sounding good so far. lookin like it go mash up d place
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2011, 12:54:51 AM »
dais advantage

So ah guess "Advantage" is the name of the big tune that Machel looking to release this week and he planning to clean up everything and take full advantage and have everyone stamping on the stage with that song!

And look how Machel gone to JW & Blaze, the artists he has to dethrown for the road march to unveil his worrying plans.

JW & Blaze probably shit themselves after that interview, yes!! No palancing away with the Soca Monarch & Road March titles for them this year and a cool $2 million TT dollars!!  :nailbiting:

So is "Advantage" Machel if he enters the Soca Monarch & "Advantage" Machel if the people want him to continue the blatant advantage for the road march!

Is the road march prize $2 million as well?

Next thing we go hear is Machel planning to enter the Chutney-Soca Monarch too as the prize for winning that is already confirmed $2 million as well!

The man might as well Return in a big way & clean up like how Kitchener, Sparrow & Shadow decided they had to return back in the day when people were prematurely trying to write them off!  ;)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 01:06:14 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2011, 01:02:31 AM »
dais advantage

So ah guess "Advantage" is the name of the big tune that Machel looking to release this week and he planning to clean up everything and take full advantage and have everyone stamping on the stage with that song!

And look how the man gone to JW & Blaze, the artists he has to dethrown for the road march to unveil his worrying plans.
JW & Blaze probably shit themseklves after that interview!! No palancing away with the Soca Monarch & Road March titles for them this year and a cool $2 million TT dollars!!  :nailbiting:

So is "Advantage" Machel if he enters the Soca Monarch & "Advantage" Machel if the people want him to continue the trend for the road march!

Is the road march prize $2 million as well?

Next thing we go hear is Machel planning to enter the Chutney-Soca Monarch too as the prize for winning that is already confirmed $2 million as well!

The man might as well Return in a big way & clean up like how Kitchener, Sparrow & Shadow decided they had to return back in the day when people were prematurely trying to write them off!  ;)
Really!! Join Them
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

AirMan

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2011, 05:47:23 AM »
I feel is just chain up talk ..Machel and Destra not entering any soca monarch, same with Kes..I could be wrong but when it becomes official then i will believe it

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2011, 07:06:56 AM »
I feel is just chain up talk ..Machel and Destra not entering any soca monarch, same with Kes..I could be wrong but when it becomes official then i will believe it

2 Million could flip any script though
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2011, 08:08:51 AM »

2 Million could flip any script though

:beermug:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

AirMan

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2011, 09:08:12 AM »
I guess this is the song all his fans been waiting on "Advantage"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac03Po8cvzA

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ac03Po8cvzA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Ac03Po8cvzA</a>
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 07:15:19 PM by Socapro »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2011, 12:53:13 PM »
same old nonsense, to be totally honest, palance was a better road march song than "advantage".

with all the international exposure machel get, he still can't change the game.

thats why gypsy should listen to my suggestion and try to get the carnival association to implement the vintage roach march so that it can bring back some quality to our music.

fast food music, is what this is

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2011, 07:23:01 PM »
same old nonsense, to be totally honest, palance was a better road march song than "advantage".

thats why gypsy should listen to my suggestion and try to get the carnival association to implement the vintage roach march so that it can bring back some quality to our music.

The man release a fast paced song for folks to get on bad to on the stage.
Do you honestly believe a slower song can take road march in T&T at this time?  8)

Machel has simply given the public what they want with that song for the stage on carnival day!

I predict the road march race will be between Machel's "Advantage" & Fayann's "Consider It Done" but maybe there could be a darkhorse, we'll have to wait and see! JW & Blaze's "And Iz Dat" is also slowly growing on me but it will be down to which song is mashing up most in the fetes!
All these songs are giving the people what they want to jump up to on the road and on the stage on carnival day!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 07:25:36 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2011, 08:01:09 PM »
Lyrially "Advantage" is the toughest uptempo song for 2011 as of right now. Also listen to the context of the song, its talking about bringing back to the stage for carnival. This is what the masqueraders want to hear!

Machel has really give different styles of Soca this year..Bend Over, Hard Wukk and Adantage all sound very different. This just shows the different variations we have in soca today
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 08:03:08 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2011, 09:38:33 PM »
those in the know.. is this the first year Machel come with so many different tunes one after the other? so far is about 6 and according to him he have about 5-6 more.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2011, 01:33:13 AM »

The man release a fast paced song for folks to get on bad to on the stage.
Do you honestly believe a slower song can take road march in T&T at this time?  8)

Machel has simply given the public what they want with that song for the stage on carnival day!

I predict the road march race will be between Machel's "Advantage" & Fayann's "Consider It Done" but maybe there could be a darkhorse, we'll have to wait and see! JW & Blaze's "And Iz Dat" is also slowly growing on me but it will be down to which song is mashing up most in the fetes!
All these songs are giving the people what they want to jump up to on the road and on the stage on carnival day!

allyuh losing the meaning of what i am trying to get across. how long will the artists in trinidad create music that will not last and will further lead our music to the bottom of caribbean society?

allyuh men talking about lyrical content? what lyrical content? it lacks lyrical substance, men trying to big up music that has no substance.

and you wonder why jamaica and other islands are ahead of us internationally and soca music gets no recognition, on top of that you have latin artists singing on calypso beats and calling it reggaetone.

allyuh wake up nah and take yuh head out the sand.

AirMan

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2011, 02:24:22 AM »
Controversial calm down no one is forcing you to like the song or like soca music. Not because you dont like it mean we must not like it also. Your opinion is exactly just that= your opinon.

Offline Conquering Lion

• Tell me how can a man who doh know his roots form his own ideology?
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2011, 12:33:57 PM »
Controversial calm down no one is forcing you to like the song or like soca music. Not because you dont like it mean we must not like it also. Your opinion is exactly just that= your opinon.

I like meh soca but doh get me wrong.....Machel doing good things, and as he said "any movement is good".

However, Controversial has a point..........you cannot deny good musicianship.

I was listening to these chunes the other day and just enjoyed the music (doh mention the lyrics). Sometimes you have to know where yuh come from to know where yuh going.  That is why Benjai song so popular and why Machel is always at the front (because he took pieces of all the greats and then formed his own thing).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NJgMCqTv9Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ugsqpz37l1s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhDMXo6uvlg

We fire de old set ah managers we had wukkin..and iz ah new group we went and we bring in. And if the goods we require de new managers not supplying, when election time come back round iz new ones we bringin. For iz one ting about my people I can guarantee..They will never ever vote party b4 country

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2011, 08:01:29 PM »

never ask you to agree, but listen and be mindful of what is going with our cultural music.

thats why ignorant posters and millions could wash their mouth on our music because no one is speaking up and talking about the terrible state of our cultural music.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2011, 11:09:50 PM »
those in the know.. is this the first year Machel come with so many different tunes one after the other? so far is about 6 and according to him he have about 5-6 more.

I cannot think of a year he released so many songs within a Carnival season. I can think of years where he reached so may within a calender year because in recent years he has been releasing soca in the middle of teh year for sumer and crop over in Barbados.
He already has about six songs out just for this Carnival season and he said he has about five more to go, that's almost an entire album

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2011, 11:11:12 PM »
Machel throws hat into Soca Monarch ring
Laura Dowrich-Phillips

It’s official. Machel Montano is entering the bmobile Soca Monarch competition. The soca star sent his registration papers to Caribbean Prestige Foundation’s office on Prince Street, Port-of-Spain, yesterday, the last day for registration, sources said. Montano’s entry completed the list of major soca stars who have submitted their names for the Soca Monarch and Groovy Soca Monarch competitions. Others included Destra, Kees and former winners Iwer George, Bunji Garlin and Ronnie McIntosh. While he declined to confirm whether or not Montano had registered, William Munro, chairman of CPF, said all the big stars were returning..Continue..http://guardian.co.tt/news/2011/01/29/machel-throws-hat-soca-monarch-ring

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2011, 10:40:10 AM »
i really hope CPF throw away this dotish idea of letting winners from the regional soca monarchs automatically be in the finals. the last few soca monarchs have been boring because of that.

seein that all the big guns returning, time to let this be an ALL LOCAL soca monarch.
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2011, 01:13:36 PM »

never ask you to agree, but listen and be mindful of what is going with our cultural music.

thats why ignorant posters and millions could wash their mouth on our music because no one is speaking up and talking about the terrible state of our cultural music.

Is there anything fron T&T that you like? Well besides the PP?  :devil:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

1]; } ?>