May 22, 2024, 02:05:44 AM

Author Topic: Malvern Football to return to its glorious past this season  (Read 1851 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Malvern Football to return to its glorious past this season
By Kenrick Haynes (Malvern Sports Club)

Malvern Football Team will hold its first training session on Saturday 15th June 2013 at 2:00pm in preparation for staking its claim to win all trophies this season in the North Football Association League competitions (the successor league to the POSFL).

All footballers interested in representing Malvern Football club are invited to meet at the Malvern Club House, 106 Woodford Street, Port of Spain, close to the savannah at 1:30 pm on Saturday 15th June 2013 prior to the training session.

Several Malvern footballers of the club’s glorious days in the 70’s have returned to ensure the resurgence, with plans for intense training sessions and competitive matches against local and regional teams, in an attempt to return popular football to the Capital City, Port of Spain.

Ulric “Buggy” Haynes, former national captain, is the technical director, and several other past players will provide coaching and technical support to the new Malvern football team.

Read More...
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Re: Malvern Football to return to its glorious past this season
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 05:57:57 AM »
I always hearing about Malvern or Maple returning.
Dey eh come back yet.
Good luck to them, always sad when the Old Firm teams die.
Would be nice if they could make a comeback. But that continuity of support may have been severely disrupted.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 07:43:33 AM »
I always hearing about Malvern or Maple returning.
Dey eh come back yet.
Good luck to them, always sad when the Old Firm teams die.
Would be nice if they could make a comeback. But that continuity of support may have been severely disrupted.

VB
    It seems like all these old teams want to come back,the old guys will always feel their days was the best and want to relive it through the Youths it have today.

Since i came back home i have been asked on many occasions by Tansley Thompson to get together with the old Paragon boys and do the same thing Malvern is doing.

I'm not saying it can't happen because nothing is impossible but what we have to understand is few players that represented those teams were from POS,it's a different dynamics today and Malvern not going to attract the kid of players they used too,number one players want money.

Offline Trevor

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 09:17:24 AM »
Wish Malvern the best!  How is Maple doing?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 10:34:21 AM »
The dynamics has indeed changed. I don't know how serious they are, but nostalgia can carry you so far. If they plan to play in the pro-league, they will definitely need a very rich benefactor or multiple businesses supporting their effort. Like Coops says, players want to be compensated. You cannot blame them can you? The same goes for Maple and Paragon.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2013, 04:40:00 PM »
The dynamics has indeed changed. I don't know how serious they are, but nostalgia can carry you so far. If they plan to play in the pro-league, they will definitely need a very rich benefactor or multiple businesses supporting their effort. Like Coops says, players want to be compensated. You cannot blame them can you? The same goes for Maple and Paragon.

The problem is benefactors come and go. They need a rich businessman to simply come, take over the club and inject the needed cash as is done in Europe.
This is why PFCC fail and that was a giant club in the South.

VB

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2013, 05:41:32 PM »

The problem is benefactors come and go. They need a rich businessman to simply come, take over the club and inject the needed cash as is done in Europe.

VB
      Every big club we had failed most recently Jabloteh it's just a matter of time,if those clubs was able to maintain consistency over the years they might be able to survive today,when u stay away from Football so long it's too much catching up to do.I remember the days when everybody wanted to play for Malvern,Maple ,Colts,Civic Center etc etc those clubs never had to look for players it was the other way around.
      Today finance is the glue that keeps a club but if you don't have players no one will do business with you,look at how many teams have folded since that Professional league start.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2013, 09:01:45 PM »

VB

That can work. But do you think Malvern and them  would let Ambramovich take them over? That is why the "rich" guys who like football always form their own team. ASL/Suite. Fakoory/Rangers and Connection.

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2013, 09:13:21 PM »
Amateur football fellas... are we saying there's no room for that? I love the club so I'd play for them once I can add something. Forward Malvern!!  :wavetowel:  :wavetowel:
Live large and prosper!

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2013, 02:10:23 AM »
North Football FA. You don't need a rich benefactor to win at this level.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2013, 03:59:56 AM »

VB
      Every big club we had failed most recently Jabloteh it's just a matter of time,if those clubs was able to maintain consistency over the years they might be able to survive today,when u stay away from Football so long it's too much catching up to do.I remember the days when everybody wanted to play for Malvern,Maple ,Colts,Civic Center etc etc those clubs never had to look for players it was the other way around.
      Today finance is the glue that keeps a club but if you don't have players no one will do business with you,look at how many teams have folded since that Professional league start.

Jab had a sponsor, not a big time owner.

WC is perhaps the best organised team in the league. They would do better if they could hold on to their best players but that is the plight of a club not in a prestige league, the players will naturally want to get out to bigger leagues and more money.

Now Mexico, Argentin, Turkey, etc, don't have a lot of these problems because they have  massive club support at home and the money is there. Plus the intrinsic pride of playing for your club.

1]; } ?>