May 15, 2024, 01:11:18 PM

Author Topic: What allyuh think about Scolari as the new national coach?  (Read 2339 times)

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
What allyuh think about Scolari as the new national coach?
« on: July 08, 2006, 08:00:25 PM »
Check this article below, www.sports.yahoo.com.
Look at Scolari's priorities....
In my opinion, we should look to get a coach up a class from Beenie and his assistants.
No disrespect to beenie, but it looks like he wants to go somewhere else, new challenge.
Thanks to him for taking us to the promised land, he opened our eyes...now maye we should try to get a coach who can take us even further.
Whether we can afford the 2-3 million dollar a month salary that someone like this will undoubtedly command however is however very unlikely.
Manning said that 2010 is a national objective...We now are on a different level of football and in a different group...
It would be nice though....plus big Phil will be close to his brazil home....

World-Scolari still in talks over Portugal future

By Brian Homewood

STUTTGART, July 7 (Reuters) - Portugal coach Luiz Felipe Scolari denied reports that he would quit after the World Cup, saying he was still discussing continuing.

"There's a possibility I will stay and there's a possibility I won't," he told reporters on the eve of the third-place playoff against hosts Germany.

Scolari has given Portugal a new cutting edge during his three-and-a-half-years as coach, leading the previously underachieving team to runners-up in the European Championship and the semi-finals of the World Cup.

Their hopes of a first World Cup final appearance ended with Wednesday's 1-0 defeat to France.

The Brazilian said that money was not his priority.

"At this stage in my life, I want sun, Bermuda shorts and sand," said Scolari, who won the World Cup with Brazil four years ago.

He added: "If I show you the offers I've had in the last three years from clubs and other nationals, then I can say I've lost a lot of money.

"But, in truth, I've come out winning because of everything I have in Portugal, with the federation, the directors, the people who work with me and the players.

'FANTASTIC ATMOSPHERE'

"I have a fantastic atmosphere with most of the Portuguese population and I couldn't ask for more."

"Money is not everything in life."

He added: "I did a lot of things in my life for financial motives.

"When I needed it, I chased after it and I saved it. Now, I have no worries in that sense."

Earlier on Friday, a Portuguese sports daily had reported that Scolari would be leaving the job, although it said he might continue to live in the country.

Last week, a different sports daily said that Scolari was close to agreeing an extension to his contract.

"As I've said all along, I need time to talk to the president. We've been talking, not every day, and we are seeing how we can solve one or two problems and come to an agreement.

"There's a good chance I will continue.

"After the last game, I will go home, sit down a bit, think a bit and then decide something."

Scolari did not rule out coaching Brazil again in the future.

"I always said that I would think about it if I were asked," he said. "It was a marvellous period I had with them and it left a mark on my life."

Offline marcus

• Sr. Warrior
  • BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS
    • View Profile
Re: What allyuh think about Scolari as the new national coach?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2006, 08:12:03 PM »
will love it.....     but that unfortunately will never happen, so no use thinking about it

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2006, 10:34:57 PM »
 :heehee:

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2006, 06:33:00 PM »
One of the reasons Scolari gave for turning down England is because he speaks no English so I guess dat rules us out.

truetrini

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2006, 07:16:36 PM »
so wha?  brazil eh have no sun, beaches and relaxation?

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2006, 07:35:43 PM »
Ah will tell yuh something TT have that Brazil aint have...
An opportunity for Scolari to build his legacy even more.

Coaching Brazil is a high pressure job, perhaps the most pressure in the world. If u dont win the WC, u are deemed a a failure and have to hide. He has already done that. Why go back and take that job again? Why did Michael Jordan come back for Washington? That is a lose-lose scenario.
HE will be rememebred in Brazil as a geniuis.

With TT, its a win win situation.
He can take a team that has the potential to grow much more exponentially than Brazil.
That will do wonders to his already fledging status.
Look what it did for Beenhakker.

But according to Fox sports tonite, it look like he might remain with portugal, as he indicate his intention to stay and will have negotiations this week again with them...
I done say already, if we not getting back beenhakker full time, we should look for a new big name and pedigree coach.....

truetrini

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2006, 07:40:46 PM »
what make yuh feel he go ever coach again?

And if he does, how does T&T make him grow in stature?

In all actuality, Scolari can only go down if T&T make it to de WC and eh advance past de first round!

He would do better with ah bigger team that has a chance ah winning de whole ting...say ah Spain or France!

Look what Jamaica did fuh Simoes....who is he again?

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2006, 07:57:19 PM »

Since his stint in Jamaica, Simoes coached the Brazilian senior National women's team (Olympic silver medallist 2004) & the Iranian u-23 team (currently)......I also believe he had stints with both our senior and u-17 teams...... He is being tipped to be Iran's next senior team head coach....

He was never a top tier high profile coach, and I wouldn't say his stock has gone down since coaching Jamaica.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2006, 08:02:21 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

truetrini

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2006, 08:04:28 PM »

Since his stint in Jamaica, Simoes coached the Brazilian senior National women's team (Olympic silver medallist 2004) & the Iranian u-23 team (currently)......I also believe he had stints with both our senior and u-17 teams...... He is being tipped to be Iran's next senior team head coach....

He was never a top tier high profile coach, and I wouldn't say his stock has gone down since coaching Jamaica.

eh hem..exactly!  So why would Scolari's if he coaches T&T?

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2006, 08:08:59 PM »

eh hem..exactly!  So why would Scolari's if he coaches T&T?

I'm not advocating Scolari coaching T&T. I was just informing of what Simoes has been up to since he coached Jamaica....for anyone who was interested.....just info, no argument here......

I think we have a better chance of seeing Jesus than Scolari as T&T's coach....but who knows ??
« Last Edit: July 09, 2006, 08:10:37 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2006, 05:07:16 AM »
Point taken TT, knowing T&T unpredictability, he may suffer with us too.
As Kicker say, we have a better chance of seeing Jesus than Scolari...

Beenhakker is in T&T tonite to start discussions with Jack...What is allyuh take on that?

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2006, 05:41:32 AM »
Great, so that means TnT will be knocking England out of the next world cup then ;D

1]; } ?>