May 16, 2024, 06:54:00 PM

Author Topic: T&T Under 17 vs Chelsea and Mexico  (Read 12394 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T Under 17 vs Chelsea and Mexico
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2008, 08:58:33 PM »
We lose 4-1 to Chelsea today. No roster or goalscorer information as yet.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2008, 09:05:48 PM »
Yep we lost
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2008, 06:21:59 AM »
Notes: Chelsea looks like the team to beat after only one night. The big and strong European side was way too much to handle for Trinidad & Tobago,  building a 3-0 lead in the first half on goals by Frank Nouble, Billy Knott and an own goal.

The tournament resumes tonight with St. Benedict’s taking on Trinidad in the first game at 5 p.m. with the Chelsea-Mexico game to follow at 7. After a day off, the team come back on Saturday with game at 2 p.m. and 4 p.m.

http://www.newarkinternationalcup.com/html/results.html
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 07:32:06 AM by Trini _2010 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2008, 09:35:21 AM »
Notes: ...The tournament resumes tonight with St. Benedict’s taking on Trinidad....

I just do a double take and get a dread chain up there.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2008, 05:51:51 PM »
Exactly the kind of beatings they need to have their their eyes opened and be inspired.  As long as the coach, parents and support staff help them believe in themselves to cross onto the next level and not get too demoralized we good.

Best of luck in the next game boys. :duel:
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2008, 08:07:58 PM »
so how dem boys do against benadicts prep?

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2008, 08:33:10 PM »
well said zandolie
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2008, 06:18:52 AM »
Thursday, November 6, 2008

St. Benedict’s Prep 0   Trinidad & Tobago   0

Mexico  3  Chelsea FC                 1

November 6, 2008

ST. BENEDICT’S SETTLES FOR A SCORELESS DRAW IN SECOND NIGHT'S ACTION

Mexico tops Chelsea to remain unbeaten

If it was a night earlier, St. Benedict’s would have been content with a scoreless draw.

But a different night brings dissimilar circumstances.

St. Benedict’s put forth a determined and dominating effort, but in the end, had nothing to show for it. Thus, the Gray Bees had to settle for a scoreless draw against the Trinidad & Tobago Under-18 National Team Wednesday night in the second round of 16th Annual Newark International Cup at NJIT’s Lubetkin Field.

St. Benedict’s and Trinidad both stand at 0-1-1 after two rounds of play in the 16th annual event. Mexico, which beat the Gray Bees on the first evening of action, remained unbeaten by upending Chelsea, 3-1, in the second game of the second night’s doubleheader.

After spotting the England side the first goal, Mexico rallied for three unanswered goals. Raul Lopez and Isaac Brizuela scored before intermission and Aliu Djalo scored in injury time to seal the outcome.

Mexico now sits atop of the standings with a 2-0 record, followed by Chelsea (1-1) in second. St. Benedict’s and Trinidad heading are still fighting for a spot in Sunday’s final with Saturday’s action to determine those pairings.

Saturday sees St. Benedict’s facing Chelsea at 2 p.m. and Trinidad going up against Mexico at 4 p.m.. Sunday’s third place match will take place at noon with the championship to start at 2 p.m.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2008, 06:23:30 AM »
I really have hopes that we fare well against Mexico.
Yes I know what the odds are but I have hope. :praying:
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2008, 07:12:42 AM »

correction --- seem like we struggle
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 07:23:22 AM by Trini _2010 »

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2008, 07:13:38 AM »

seem like we struggle to beat a high school team

:notlistening: HOPE :praying:
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2008, 08:30:04 AM »
just so people know - st. benedict's prep is one of the premier soccer high schools in the US having been ranked #1 in the country several times and have won several national championships. i heard this from a friend in NJ and then when i looked it up, wikipedia and their website confirms.

Wikipedia:
Professional soccer players Gregg Berhalter, Tab Ramos, Claudio Reyna, Danny Vizuete and Petter Villegas all played at St. Benedict's.

So if we boys don't beat a well-organized, top high school team in the US i don't think we should be overly down on them

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2008, 01:42:54 PM »
just so people know - st. benedict's prep is one of the premier soccer high schools in the US having been ranked #1 in the country several times and have won several national championships. i heard this from a friend in NJ and then when i looked it up, wikipedia and their website confirms.

Wikipedia:
Professional soccer players Gregg Berhalter, Tab Ramos, Claudio Reyna, Danny Vizuete and Petter Villegas all played at St. Benedict's.

So if we boys don't beat a well-organized, top high school team in the US i don't think we should be overly down on them

Good talk. I prefer they play US high school teams and loose to improve than be "stars" in SSFL.

Introducing an inter-Caribbean college tournament or champions league type format would help improve the standard of Caribbean high-school football. That might increase the benefits of having our best players continue to play SSFL.

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2008, 05:55:49 PM »
The draw was not bad...big improvement from the 4-1 licks by Chelsea.  I wonder if Chelsea used the same starting team against mexico as they did against T&T.   Anyway, good luck to the youthmen in their game against mexico

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2008, 06:32:07 PM »
im going to the game tomorrow... i will take some pics  :beermug: :beermug:
All American

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2008, 07:26:28 PM »
im going to the game tomorrow... i will take some pics  :beermug: :beermug:

Thank you sir, Please post the pictures and feel free to identify the players that impress.   :beermug: :beermug:

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2008, 07:58:26 PM »

Wikipedia:

Yeah still HS, not even a region or state team.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2008, 08:05:23 PM »
Saturday, November 8, 2008

St. Benedict’s Prep  0  Chelsea FC   1

Mexico 7        Trinidad & Tobago   0

ST. BENEDICT’S LOSSES GAME, BUT GAINS PLENTY OF RESPECT IN INTERNATIONAL PLAY

Mexico dominates Trinidad & Tobago on third day of tournament

St. Benedict’s, for the second straight outing, did everything it could expect find the back of the net.

The Gray Bees did, however, gain the respect England’s fans and members of the Chelsea FC on Saturday after a 1-0 setback on the third day of the 16th Annual Newark International Cup.

After giving up a goal off a beautiful play by Chelsea’s Billy Knott in the 53rd minute, St. Benedict’s never lost its composure and created a number of opportunities for the equalizer at NJIT’s Lubetkin Field.

St. Benedict’s, which dropped to 0-2-1 in round robin play, had three or four quality chances to score over the final 15 minutes. Two of the best came off crosses from the left by Clint Caso – the first just eluded the outstretched leg of Luis Bejarano as he was crashing the goal and the final one was when Marc Cintron leaped high into the air for a header off a corner kick only to see the ball sail wide of the left post.

“We were never comfortable with the one goal lead,” said Chelsea’s U-18 coach Paul Clemente. “They applied a lot of pressure at the end and made it really hard for us to hold on. You have to give them a lot of credit for the way they played. They made it very difficult for us to create many chances.”

In the final game of round-robin play, Mexico’s Under-18 National Team upended the U-18 National Team from Trinidad & Tobago, 7-0. The Mexican’s, which received a four-goal effort from Jorge Armando Mora Guzmán to raise its record to 3-0 in the tournament, will play Chelsea (2-1) in the championship match at 2 p.m. Sunday.

St. Benedict’s (0-2-1) will play Trinidad (0-2-1) in the consolation match for third place beginning at noon.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2008, 09:15:25 PM »
LAWDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD dat was a beat down
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2008, 09:31:24 PM »
LAWDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD dat was a beat down

scouts were there aye ...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2008, 10:49:51 PM »
Scouts I hope is sea scouts because who could shine in a 7-0 thrashing

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2008, 11:31:05 AM »
mama... wha we playing with one defender ???...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2008, 04:26:15 PM »
WTF? That is a lil' too much licks. :devil: Not even Brazil drop that on us. Mr. Corneal you have done well up to this point, help these youths stay on course.

Offline Victor

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2008, 05:15:30 PM »
Source: ttffonline

U16S END US TOURNAMENT ON WINNING NOTE     

A 17th minute goal by striker Jerrel Britto gave Trinidad and Tobago’s National Under 16 team a 1-0 victory over St Benedict’s Prep and third place in the Newark International Cup in New Jersey on Sunday.

T&T, on the back of a 4-1 loss to Chelsea’s Youth Team on Wednesday and a 7-0 loss to Mexico National Under 18 team on Saturday, bounced back with a convincing performance to beat the host team. The Mexican’s received a four-goal effort from Jorge Armando Mora Guzmán to raise its record to 3-0 in the tournament in the win over T&T. The Central Americans the finished the tournament with a 1-0 win over Chelsea on Sunday.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2008, 05:39:15 PM »
Source: ttffonline

U16S END US TOURNAMENT ON WINNING NOTE     

A 17th minute goal by striker Jerrel Britto gave Trinidad and Tobago’s National Under 16 team a 1-0 victory over St Benedict’s Prep and third place in the Newark International Cup in New Jersey on Sunday.

T&T, on the back of a 4-1 loss to Chelsea’s Youth Team on Wednesday and a 7-0 loss to Mexico National Under 18 team on Saturday, bounced back with a convincing performance to beat the host team. The Mexican’s received a four-goal effort from Jorge Armando Mora Guzmán to raise its record to 3-0 in the tournament in the win over T&T. The Central Americans the finished the tournament with a 1-0 win over Chelsea on Sunday.

:thumbsup:

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2008, 05:53:34 PM »
Why did I think it was an under 18 team???
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2008, 09:36:44 PM »
Alright Fellas went to the game yesterday but was unable to go get clear pics as i promised.Sorry!

when i reached at the field saw the Anton Corneal, Ross Russel and Mike McCommie standing out side. Talk to them for a bit. Ross and McCommie know me since i was carryign my brother`s ( Shawn Garcia) boots lol.. Well i watched the last 20mins of the St Benidicts VS. Chealse game. i tell yuh that Chelsea team is pepper. Them men is no younger older the 18 but they can real play. Their passes is crisp and on point and it seems as if they thinking two passes ahead, before the ball even come to them. Game end up finishing 1-0 chelsea..

Trinidad Vs. Mexico
Trinidad warming was one of teh worst things i have seen since High School. Everything is done in a way like the coaches aint have no plan on what to do next in the warm up. Next i know we had a younger team than the other teams but them youngsters too nashy for then guys... i think it was our U16 team but still it was looking like Bachack was going to play ants (serious talk)!
so whisle blow and game on now trinidad lne up in a 4-4-2 system and mexico line up in a 3-5-2. From the get go yuh coulda see where the game would have gone and that is to Mexico.. trinidad looked organnized to begin and you could see they had a plan interms of how they wanted to attack the opponent. i have to say that #10 Jerrol DeBritto is a real good player. Strong, quick and creates opportunities for himsel up front. Also #17 Winchester and 11 was good also... otherwise the rest of teh guys need to keep plaing in their age group and develop...

We have a good team, the players i highlighted were the ones that stood out and showed that they can play with the older guys. I know the score was 7-0 but i think it was a learnign experience for the youngters..

Respect
RG :beermug: :beermug:
All American

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2008, 09:40:43 PM »
...it was looking like Bachack was going to play ants....

:rotfl:
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2008, 09:43:55 PM »
Thanks dey Garcia...good lil report

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2008, 09:51:31 PM »
D reason we got a goal ah day is because nepotism continue 2 kill we football y Mohammed D snr team manager son keepin. Somebody answer meh pleezeeeeeeeeeeeee

1]; } ?>