May 03, 2024, 04:01:09 PM

Author Topic: 1/4 1L UEFA CL • Arsenal FC v FC Barcelona • Both-Legs  (Read 21627 times)

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
Re: 1/4 1L UEFA CL • Arsenal FC v FC Barcelona • 31 Mar 2010
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2010, 02:40:25 PM »
Guess he tryin to make up fuh dem asshole calls

Arsenal eh gettin no respect from de ref home at all jedd

Rell sorf red card doh!!

How yuh story changing so?

btw... Puyol know full well what he was doing, lol

Is a progression so doh make it look so.  Overall he call plenty shit on Arsenal IMO.  A few unnecessary cards.  De red on Puyol was soft but he feel he had to give it if he call a penalty so I understand it.  I ha to watch it again but it wasn't a clear cut penalty in my eyes, daiz why ah say is ah make up call and de red was sorf!!  Eh even kno why ah explainin cause ah sure yuh kno wha ah mean.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2010, 02:42:30 PM »
LA LIGA  :D :D :D :D :D :D
you laughin at la liga and they going back with 2 away goals? allyuh fellas good yes
well done arsenal for the comeback tho! didn't think they had it in them

i is hater , that is what haters do!.  :devil: :)
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2010, 02:43:16 PM »

You ketching kicks, as if your side didn't just collect 2 at the death from Bayern.  

If Ibra had take 1/2 his chances in the first half, 2nd half woulda be garbage time.
As it is, goals win matches and Arsenal rise to the challenge. Still 2 away goals, 5 yellow cards, 3 injuries. The gunners not in the best shape for the return leg.  Barca will be missing Puyol and Pique but we might see Iniesta.

Hell of a game though, remind me in a way of the 2005 Liverpool - Milan final.

From the soccernet gamecast:
At this stage of the competition every game is hyped to within an inch of its life, and very few deliver. This one, I'm convinced, is going to be an absolute belter. How can it not be?
:beermug: :beermug:

I doh know why Fabregas was hobbling around. I guess he figure season done is only to rehab for South Africa so he might as well finish the game.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2010, 02:43:56 PM »
OK ah see de replay, Good call on de red!!  Puyol feel he f**kin smart lol.  And I still maintain de ref eh show Arsenal no respect with the calls overall.  That yellow he show Cesc was utter bullshit!

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2010, 02:44:19 PM »
you laughin at la liga and they going back with 2 away goals? allyuh fellas good yes
well done arsenal for the comeback tho! didn't think they had it in them

i is hater , that is what haters do!.  :devil: :)

hahaha well yuh honest!
Back in Trini...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2010, 02:47:04 PM »

You ketching kicks, as if your side didn't just collect 2 at the death from Bayern.  

:devil: :devil: :devil:  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: yeh i drink hatorade today
Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 31, 2010, 02:49:17 PM »
Is a progression so doh make it look so.  Overall he call plenty shit on Arsenal IMO.  A few unnecessary cards.  De red on Puyol was soft but he feel he had to give it if he call a penalty so I understand it.  I ha to watch it again but it wasn't a clear cut penalty in my eyes, daiz why ah say is ah make up call and de red was sorf!!  Eh even kno why ah explainin cause ah sure yuh kno wha ah mean.

I jess facking wid yuh... Barca play all over Arsenal and shoulda win by 2 clear goals.  I think the red was deserved if you look at it by the book... clear goal-scoring opportunity and Puyol was the last defender... intent doh even matter.  Although, again... to me it seem like Puyol was deliberately trying to break up the half-volley by bumping Fabregas as he was in motion.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 31, 2010, 02:49:56 PM »
Advantage Barcelona...

Man U still have a chance... yuh will see the return of the Berba and Nani whine...

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2010, 02:51:14 PM »
Advantage Barcelona...

Man U still have a chance... yuh will see the return of the Berba and Nani whine...

2nd legs are going to be awesome...all are shaped perfectly

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 31, 2010, 02:52:01 PM »
Advantage Barcelona...

Yuh really mean all, or just the ones with EPL teams?
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 31, 2010, 03:00:05 PM »
Advantage Barcelona...

Yuh really mean all, or just the ones with EPL teams?

all 4... I watching double headers on Tuesday and Wednesday

Btw..I hate Barca and their fans..but I'll admit they are the best team on the planet... But the real key to their football success to me is Xavi.. He is insane

I was trying to figure out how to stop their play but they are really a fantastic tecnical team..everyone could play ..

I love Fletch..and I think he's perfect for the EPL but his technical ability alongside Barca's CM's are totally different... I would like more of a mix at United... I think Carrick is poor..too slow..like Diaby

I think Hargreaves is a better version of Fletcher technically but he'll take a while to get back to his best...Rooney is technically brilliant... Nani has loads of technique .. Scholes Giggs class but old

Time for Fergie to invest in some technical players to mix with Fletch Hargo Valencia Park etc

Lahm or Maicon are a must..Vidic Rio Evra all brilliant ... but I'll take Villa and Xavi in summer please lol..If not Xavi I'll settle with Modric

Offline fish

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Study the past if you would define the future"
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 31, 2010, 03:11:01 PM »
I find dem cards was rel not deserved. Only Song cuz he rel foul unnecessarily.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 31, 2010, 03:38:04 PM »
Arsenal deserve to loss bad bad, but thanks to Alumina and determination to get in front of shots & block them kept them in the game. Ok Alumina made a bad judgement call on the first goal, but say wha! His only mistake today. Bendtner and Diaby technical limitations showed, nice ball by Bendtner though for the goal.
Wenger bringing in Walcott stretched Barca for the goal, but more importantly it stopped Maxwell's raids down the left and forced him to defend. Maxwell looked suspect and uncomfortable with his defending from then on.
Football gods were with Arsenal today, but Barca would not be worried going back to the big yard.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 31, 2010, 04:00:17 PM »
great response..I think Arsenal let the occasion and Barca's status get to the pre game... but credit to Arsenal for a great response which deserved the draw... and f**k Puyol..all them shit calls the ref was giving Barca

Second leg is going to be a cracker ... shame Cesc isnt going to be there..thanks to the ref and his bullshit

Sorry, but I cah see second leg being anything other than a demolition. Especially wid no Fabregas and possibly no Gallas/Arshavin. Arsenal shoulda take dey cutarse today and get it over wid.

That first half was the best 0-0 I have ever seen (no credit to Arsenal). Still, as a wise Brazilian once said...."There's no such thing as an ugly goal. Ugly is to not score one."....Barca will be 3 up by half time in de Camp Nou
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 04:05:48 PM by Ryan »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 31, 2010, 04:14:58 PM »
great response..I think Arsenal let the occasion and Barca's status get to the pre game... but credit to Arsenal for a great response which deserved the draw... and f**k Puyol..all them shit calls the ref was giving Barca

Second leg is going to be a cracker ... shame Cesc isnt going to be there..thanks to the ref and his bullshit

Sorry, but I cah see second leg being anything other than a demolition. Especially wid no Fabregas and possibly no Gallas/Arshavin. Arsenal shoulda take dey cutarse today and get it over wid.

That first half was the best 0-0 I have ever seen (no credit to Arsenal). Still, as a wise Brazilian once said...."There's no such thing as an ugly goal. Ugly is to not score one."....Barca will be 3 up by half time in de Camp Nou

Do you know Barca hasnt scored against an English team at the Nou Camp for 4 years... I think the last time was vs Liverpool when Bellamy and Riise scored in a 2-1 win

Home pressure gets to them?  When Chelsea and United went there it wasn't incredibly uncomfortable and as I said Liverpool beat them

If Arshavin can get the ball he will cause some damage...Diaby is a goat... Mid will have to be Rosicky Denilson Arshavin with Nasri and Walcott supporting Bednter ... Eboue,Song,Verm,Clichy and Almunia

Should be a great game

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 31, 2010, 04:24:25 PM »

Do you know Barca hasnt scored against an English team at the Nou Camp for 4 years... I think the last time was vs Liverpool when Bellamy and Riise scored in a 2-1 win

Home pressure gets to them?  When Chelsea and United went there it wasn't incredibly uncomfortable and as I said Liverpool beat them

If Arshavin can get the ball he will cause some damage...Diaby is a goat... Mid will have to be Rosicky Denilson Arshavin with Nasri and Walcott supporting Bednter ... Eboue,Song,Verm,Clichy and Almunia

Should be a great game

Stats like that are meaningless when they only played 3 or 4 games against English opposition over that period. And Chelsea and United were/are both miles better than this Arsenal side (if Arsenal win the title this year it will be the first time in the history of England that a team has come first while losing all their games against the second and third placed teams).

And imagine they will now be missing their captain, their former captain and their best attacker (remember Arshavin may be injured). The only way they will win is if Henry offers to sweat for dem.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 31, 2010, 05:24:46 PM »
pressure does make man do strange things on a pitch
Youtube Channel

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 31, 2010, 05:38:13 PM »

Should be a great game

Surely you jest ... with those names you called there you are expecting a good game in Barcelona ? Why do I feel you are hoping that Barcelona gets eliminated so things could be a lot easier for your team ? I dont see arsenal getting away again ...not this time.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 31, 2010, 05:50:59 PM »
HUH  :o WTF, i remember reading today someone say he leg get caught up in puyol tackle, the penalty must be finish off the break
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 05:53:15 PM by D.H.W »
Youtube Channel

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 31, 2010, 06:58:22 PM »
how much times ah does have to come here and remind allyuh that football have no "if" "shoulda' "woulda" " coulda"... it have goal..mistake..pass...

eg.. dennis lawrence "scored" a header vz Bharain..
Don Leo " dropped" Latapy for the world cup
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 31, 2010, 07:59:02 PM »
Dat penalty was a lame call. The ball was played across the path of both players and Puyol had every right to position himself to either win the ball or let it run out for a goal kick...which is what he did.  Man does shield the ball out of play and use their body to prevent an attacker from getting to the ball and it is not considered a foul so how was Puyol's positioning any different? man saying Puyol "..know what he was doing..." Dam right he know what he was doing and it was totally legit. In any event, ass 'n all ain't coming up with the goalfest it would take for them to win in Barcelona.

ent "La Liga" buss allyuh ass and make allyuh look REL bad in de Final last year?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 08:15:47 PM by Mango Chow! »

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 31, 2010, 08:22:37 PM »
small thing barca just pay we back for d cutass d year before. why yuh doh study how to beat them italians  :devil:
Youtube Channel

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 31, 2010, 08:25:07 PM »
small thing barca just pay we back for d cutass d year before. why yuh doh study how to beat them italians  :devil:

Yeah but allyuh din't make Barca look bad the year before like they make allyuh look bad last year.  Dey make allyuh look REL BAD!

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #84 on: March 31, 2010, 08:27:45 PM »
EPL fanboys is the worst. It just impossible to reason with them. I feel they don't even watch other leagues at all.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 31, 2010, 08:40:33 PM »
EPL fanboys is the worst. It just impossible to reason with them. I feel they don't even watch other leagues at all.

Try discussing the theory of relativity with a 5 year-old instead. You would be more fruitful in your endeavours.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 31, 2010, 08:56:16 PM »
Still confused about this match.  Arsenal was poor and punching way above their weight in terms of quality for all but about 10 minutes of this match...but yet it's 2-2 and everything to play for... I guess that's the beautiful game for yuh...

Barca weaknesses are 1) mental (they shut down into training ground mode), and 2) Despite being a great ball wining/defensive unit around the pitch, they are kinda light weight at the back when it counts sometimes.

Arsenal will have to either play ALOT better or put on a tactical masterpiece at the Nou Camp, because in pure footballing terms, based on this game they are way way inferior to Barca, and "should" be on their way out of this one....as much as I respect Barca, I was very surprised to see the footballing gap between the two teams especially at the Emirates...Tie still wide open though...somehow

Interesting quote from Wenger via soccernet.com:

"We are lucky to escape with the draw, I cannot deny that," conceded the Arsenal boss. "We gave them too much room to play their football and we have to say Barcelona are an exceptional side. The annoyance for me is we gave them two cheap goals, but you have to say we were lucky to be still in the tie before those goals arrived.

"It's not easy to accept it when your team are outplayed, but it certainly feels less upsetting than when we are kicked by teams and drop points in the Premier League. What we saw from Barcelona was art and it added up to a great night for football in many ways. I still feel we have a chance in the second leg, but clearly they are a fantastic team."

Good to hear a coach be honest and respectful...
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 09:03:31 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 31, 2010, 09:03:58 PM »
Barca's real potency is not when they are in possession but when they aren't.

Remarkable to be honest
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 31, 2010, 09:09:13 PM »

i concur

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 31, 2010, 09:09:46 PM »
Barca's real potency is not when they are in possession but when they aren't.

Remarkable to be honest

Yup- they pressure the ball like no other...

They were mentally weak today though- started playing at walking pace like it was a training ground exercise when they thought they had it all wrapped up...and when Arsenal got a little life in their veins, Barca couldn't wake back up....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

1]; } ?>