May 08, 2024, 02:10:03 PM

Author Topic: MLS Thread  (Read 117236 times)

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
Re: New England Revolution vs Houston Dynamo MLS cup final
« Reply #120 on: November 18, 2007, 11:44:51 AM »
Twellman just put NE up with a good header.

Hopefully NE could win this one.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 18, 2007, 11:47:49 AM »
Waiting fuh de fellas tuh settle down..is like a scrap fest
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 18, 2007, 11:54:03 AM »
it only just start here ::)
2nd minute
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 18, 2007, 11:55:46 AM »
Smith made a nice run..should have been 2 zip
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 18, 2007, 12:04:46 PM »
I only wish Shalrie Joseph was a trini...nice defensive mid right there no wonder Celtic wanted him

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 18, 2007, 12:05:29 PM »
Very exciting match so far...Avery swinging blade as usual.  Foudy and Wynald talking shit about Avery...how he reckless and how the red card he got against Sweden was the result of his 'fiery' attitude.  steups

Shalrie Joseph having himself ah nice game...except fuh when he stand up on de ball and fall dong...do dat one plenty times mihself, so ah feeling better now, lol.  Would like to see him bet a little more aggressive in midfield though, they're giving him room but he's not running at anybody.  Nice article on him in this week's Sports Illustrated as well.

RFK is such a great football (and 'football' as well) stadium.  I hope DC United's new stadium can approximate even a fraction of the charm that old Stadium has.  It will be sad to see it go, but I know the neighbors won't miss it.

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 18, 2007, 12:13:34 PM »
Half time: 1-0; Its a decent game thus far.  John playing well and the commentators could kiss...(finsih the sentence).  Houston looked flat, they miss Brian Chiiiiiing. I would expect them to play harder in the 2nd half; however, it would not change the result!!!

- John F. Kennedy

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 18, 2007, 12:43:48 PM »
Another observation:

I have no love for NE...and none of their teams, Red Sox, Celtics, Patriots....but I'm supporting the Revs b/c of Avery and to a lesser extent Shalrie.

That said, you really have to hand it to the Patriots/Revs organization...Bob Kraft is a great owner and he runs a quality organization there.  I like that he's physically present in DC for the game even though his undefeated Pats play in Buffalo later on tonight.  Supposedly he's flying there after the game...and supposedly they bussed a number of fans down from NE to DC for free.  Very nice touch.  Helps that he has the deep pocket to afford it of course.

1-1 in the 66th...Ngwenya tying it up.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 12:47:24 PM by Camel Toe Assassin »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 18, 2007, 12:44:33 PM »
SHIT HOUSTON SCORE 1-1 NOW  :'(
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 18, 2007, 12:48:11 PM »
Smith needs to have some composure...doh take dat bait.....

- John F. Kennedy

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 18, 2007, 12:50:17 PM »
SEND DEM BLADE AVERY!!!!

- John F. Kennedy

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 18, 2007, 12:57:23 PM »
Smith needs to have some composure...doh take dat bait.....
  I doh mind him knocking Waibel ass dong...but he needs to do better with the ball at his feet.

...and yeah, be smarter about when he chooses to entertain Waibel in de fukkery.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 18, 2007, 01:00:36 PM »
fack fack fack houston take d lead
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 18, 2007, 01:01:42 PM »
NE like dey juss doh want to win this title at all boy.  steups

De Rosario is ah boss doh.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 01:03:22 PM by Camel Toe Assassin »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 18, 2007, 01:14:54 PM »
NE playing like ah pack ah facking imps.  Man like dey cyah cross ball...2 mins left in stoppage time and man still trying tuh set up perfect pass instead of juss putting the ball in the box.

Huge save by Onstad in the final mins of regulation though....that was the title right there.

NE had no business losing this game.  Match done.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: November 18, 2007, 01:28:00 PM »
If yuh get 3 bites at the apple and cyah eat it, something have to be wrong...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 18, 2007, 01:28:53 PM »
Wow...NE three times and no titles?...wow....hard luck dey....

- John F. Kennedy

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 18, 2007, 01:44:21 PM »
Once is hard luck

Twice is houston we have a problem

Three times?......... ::)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 18, 2007, 01:47:33 PM »
Onstad was the key today. yes De Rosario come up big but Onstad kept them in the game and allowed for them to both equalize and go ahead. Excellent goalkeeping
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 18, 2007, 02:54:52 PM »
Once is hard luck

Twice is houston we have a problem

Three times?......... ::)

Fuh real dread, I guess it can be called a FUBAR ($#%k up beyond any recognition).

- John F. Kennedy

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 18, 2007, 03:15:28 PM »
it look like De Revs have the Buffalo Bills syndrome ::)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 18, 2007, 03:36:38 PM »
Well, well, what ah Sunday  ???. Tuff luck NE, ah doh even know if ah should use dem words (tuff luck) cuz dat is de 3rd time. May be Avery have tuh go and play fuh ah new team in de MLS, so dat he can change de vibes and be on de team dat win de MLS cup. Poor fellah, ah feeling it fuh him. De Rosario, ah always know him tuh play good ball, but dis year ah really rate him doh. Any member cud tell meh what country he from? cuz I heard an accent from him when dey was interviewing him after de game. In my opinion, ah think he have de tools tuh cut in Europe and start on some ah dem teams 2, his work rate is very high, technique and touches are pretty good also, so he should be on de way soon. Well may be he came from Europe like many other players in de league and I just couldn't remember him  :-\. HIGHLY BLESSED.

Tuh miss is tuh dis, de ALLIANCE wiil be in south beach (club mansion) tomorrow (Monday), featuring de poor people Governor Bounty "war lord" Killer and de war teacher and real gangster "Movado".

Fuh de Hip hop lovers, among de many Hip Hop artists listed, Fat Joe and Lil Wayne are among dem.

If yuh doh like de Alliance and Enterprise, bullate, bullate, bullate.

Mods all yuh doh get mad at meh nah, dis lil ad is free on de forum, on de radio, flyers etc, is some serious dollars, so give yuh boi ah break nah ;)  ;D.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 04:41:41 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 18, 2007, 03:46:22 PM »
De Rosario is the son of Guyanese immigrants to Canada.
and he sound like he just got off ah BeeWee flight oui :devil:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwayne_De_Rosario
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 18, 2007, 03:48:41 PM »
Well, well, what ah Sunday  ???. Tuff luck NE, ah doh even know if ah should use dem words (tuff luck) cuz dat is de 3rd time. May be Avery have tuh go and play fuh ah new team in de MLS, so dat he can change de vibes and be on de team dat win de MLS cup. Poor fellah, ah feeling it fuh him. De Rosario, ah always know him tuh play good ball, but dis year ah really rate him doh.

SUPA funny yuh should say this year more than any yuh rate him...this has actually been one of his quieter years.  He juss has a knack for scoring big goals.  He's a quality player who I think will fare well in a lower tier European league.

West Coast stop tiefin' mih thunder...I now coming and post dat he Guyanese, like we say in de other thread.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 18, 2007, 03:55:07 PM »
West Coast stop tiefin' mih thunder...I now coming and post dat he Guyanese, like we say in de other thread.
well I cyar top ya high-falutin'  ;D ole talk you does buss on some fellas so I am glad dat being ah "Post Ho" has paid off  today :devil:
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Just Kidding eh ;)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 03:57:00 PM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 18, 2007, 03:58:56 PM »
Well, well, what ah Sunday  ???. Tuff luck NE, ah doh even know if ah should use dem words (tuff luck) cuz dat is de 3rd time. May be Avery have tuh go and play fuh ah new team in de MLS, so dat he can change de vibes and be on de team dat win de MLS cup. Poor fellah, ah feeling it fuh him. De Rosario, ah always know him tuh play good ball, but dis year ah really rate him doh.

SUPA funny yuh should say this year more than any yuh rate him...this has actually been one of his quieter years.  He juss has a knack for scoring big goals.  He's a quality player who I think will fare well in a lower tier European league.

Really, well if dis is one of his quieter year  ???. Ah really rate him doh, he always fighting on both ends ah de field. Thanks fuh de reply boss, much love and respect  :beermug:. HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 04:02:56 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 18, 2007, 04:27:42 PM »
De Rosario is the son of Guyanese immigrants to Canada.
and he sound like he just got off ah BeeWee flight oui :devil:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwayne_De_Rosario

Meh boi and tell meh most lightly WC go answer yuh post, cuz just like Tallman, he does have info at de tip ah he fingers, ah tell him yes, but WC probably wid he family killing some crab and calalou ;D, he eh have time fuh no forum on ah Sunday afternoon. Well ah was wrong, ah see yuh make ah quick visit and gone. Wid no dis tuh Guyana, dat would have been an easy decision for him tuh choose tuh play 4 Canada instead of Guyana. As usual boss, ah cud always count on yuh fuh meh lil info.Thanks, much love and respect :beermug:. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 19, 2007, 09:08:05 AM »
Very exciting match so far...Avery swinging blade as usual.  Foudy and Wynald talking shit about Avery...how he reckless and how the red card he got against Sweden was the result of his 'fiery' attitude.  steups

Ras, but they eh saying nuttin that eh true.  Allyuh judgement does be clouded b/c a man from trini.  Everybody know is just blade.  He lucky he didn't give up a penalty early in the game.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 19, 2007, 12:21:44 PM »

Ras, but they eh saying nuttin that eh true.  Allyuh judgement does be clouded b/c a man from trini.  Everybody know is just blade.  He lucky he didn't give up a penalty early in the game.

Is there something wrong with your memory or your understanding?  What 'fiery' temperament get Avery in trouble in Germany?  Avery got carded twice against Sweden and even by the most objective standard the second yellow was iffy.  Fault Avery if you will for being reckless...which even that I will dispute, but there was nothing personality-wise that has ever been a concern with Avery.  To say that he has a firery temperament is to say that he's temperamental and prone to emotions...which if you've ever seen Avery play does not even begin to describe him.  Eric Wynalda was just talking out his ass and so are you.

Additionally...that ref was very reticent to blow his whistle the entire game...I saw the play in question and both Wynalda and Foudy were over the top in criticizing him....both players were battling in the box when Avery stuck his foot in and won the ball as the attacking player fell.  I doh just come on this board and praise or defend man because they Trini, if anything I am one of our harshest critics, so take that bullshit elsewhere.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 19, 2007, 12:47:37 PM »

New England Revolution's Avery John (L) battles Houston Dynamo's Dwayne De Rosario for the ball during the first half of their 2007 MLS Cup soccer match in Washington November 18, 2007. REUTERS/Jim Young (UNITED STATES)

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>