May 08, 2024, 08:51:19 PM

Author Topic: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread  (Read 469919 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread
« Reply #960 on: December 11, 2010, 12:47:42 PM »
Much better start to the second half than was the finish to the first.  Kuyt draws even off a lucky deflection off a Newcastle defender in the opening minutes of the second half.  Liverpool really should be up 2-1 now after Torres failed to capitalize on a great 1 v 1 against the keeper.

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: December 11, 2010, 01:05:46 PM »
Much better start to the second half than was the finish to the first.  Kuyt draws even off a lucky deflection off a Newcastle defender in the opening minutes of the second half.  Liverpool really should be up 2-1 now after Torres failed to capitalize on a great 1 v 1 against the keeper.

yea torres shouldve capitalized on that...just a little 3 more inches to right it wouldve been good. liverpool slipping a little bit now they under pressure. im confident liverpool could pull off a win here.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Trini Madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: December 11, 2010, 01:22:04 PM »
 :banginghead: :banginghead: :banginghead:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: December 11, 2010, 01:23:27 PM »
Dreadful f**king display.... pathetic and disgraceful defending.  What a f**king disgrace.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: December 11, 2010, 01:28:51 PM »
Roy has to go.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: December 11, 2010, 01:41:37 PM »
Most boring football game I have seen this year. riddled with errors, poor technique, no imagination, no creativity, no excitement. Made me want to find the nearest dentist  :devil:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: December 11, 2010, 01:44:32 PM »
Worst performance of the season. And in THIS season, that says a lot  :thumbsdown:

Roy has to go.

I agree. I don't think he is COMPLETELY to blame for current performances, but his away record is a joke. The January transfer window is coming up, and NOW is the time to get someone else in.

Roy joined a team in financial trouble and knew that he probably wouldn't have any money to spend. And he should be commended for that, and I am grateful. But it's time for him to move on.  :beermug:

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: December 11, 2010, 04:32:13 PM »
 :rotfl:
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: December 11, 2010, 04:38:05 PM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :joker: :joker: :joker: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel:

Soon Torres will join Man Utd

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: December 11, 2010, 04:41:45 PM »
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :joker: :joker: :joker: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel:

Soon Torres will join Man Utd

nah boy we cyah handle another owen......
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: December 13, 2010, 05:54:34 AM »
Hudgson has until Jan transfer window to sort it out.  If not, he'll be gone, as new owners will not spend money on his transfers and then bring in a new coach who will not want them.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 06:23:15 AM by Tenorsaw »

Offline Trini Madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: December 13, 2010, 01:30:21 PM »
Hudgson has until Jan transfer window to sort it out.  If not, he'll be gone, as new owners will not spend money on his transfers and then bring in a new coach who will not want them.

im hoping these owners turn things around really. they recently just turned the boston red sox into a bomb squad.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: December 13, 2010, 01:39:52 PM »
One thing for sure:  they are not wasteful spenders.  They'll pay money for good, young talent, but their analysis of player valuation is very quantified, which is good and bad.  Sometimes, you ahve to take a chance and spend on an older player that can give you that immediate injection of experience and poise.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: December 14, 2010, 02:14:10 PM »
Liverpool lacking quality. Simply put. Solid supporting-cast-type players but no consistent talisman.  Even with a more celebrated manager they would be struggling.

Gerrard, Xabi Alonso, and Torres were the backbone of the team in their most recent heyday.  Gerrard isn't fit, Xabi is gone and Torres hasn't found form since before Summer... They don't even have a Benayoun type performer anymore (i.e. an unassuming but clutch player who doesn't hide when responsibility falls on his shoulders)... A big loss in the Summer transfer season. 

People can call for the manager's head, but Hodgson is a good manager.... it's the (lack of real) quality on the field that is killing this team. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: December 14, 2010, 06:53:34 PM »
Liverpool lacking quality. Simply put. Solid supporting-cast-type players but no consistent talisman.  Even with a more celebrated manager they would be struggling.

Gerrard, Xabi Alonso, and Torres were the backbone of the team in their most recent heyday.  Gerrard isn't fit, Xabi is gone and Torres hasn't found form since before Summer... They don't even have a Benayoun type performer anymore (i.e. an unassuming but clutch player who doesn't hide when responsibility falls on his shoulders)... A big loss in the Summer transfer season. 

People can call for the manager's head, but Hodgson is a good manager.... it's the (lack of real) quality on the field that is killing this team. 

Dirk Kuyt.

Incidentally, I wonder how Yossi feel about his move now  :devil:

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #975 on: December 14, 2010, 07:02:00 PM »
Don't forget Macherano loss as well. He was an excellent screen for the back 4
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: December 14, 2010, 10:31:32 PM »

Dirk Kuyt.

Good call- doesn't seem like he's really taken off this season though.

Don't forget Macherano loss as well. He was an excellent screen for the back 4

Good call as well....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: December 14, 2010, 10:56:18 PM »

Dirk Kuyt.

Good call- doesn't seem like he's really taken off this season though.

He hasn't... like most of our best players he's been in and out of the lineup due to injury, in his case a separated shoulder followed by damaged ankle ligaments.  Other key injuries were to Gerrard of course, Torres, Glen Johnson (who only now coming back), Daniel Agger (concusssion and calf injury), Joe Cole (just coming back from a hamstring strain).  All told we're in decent position to make a run at the top 4 during the second-half of the season, but we can't keep squandering opportunities like we did against Spurs and Newcastle.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: December 15, 2010, 08:11:59 AM »
A coach does not become a poor coach over night. Roy had many issues outside of the team. Then you have to consider that this team was not built by him and quality was allowed to leave. All compounded by the injury issues.  Everyone knows Liverpool want a EPL trophy, but dat eh happening this year. This is a good case where a club should stick with a manager and then rebuild.
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: December 15, 2010, 10:31:29 AM »
A coach does not become a poor coach over night. Roy had many issues outside of the team. Then you have to consider that this team was not built by him and quality was allowed to leave. All compounded by the injury issues.  Everyone knows Liverpool want a EPL trophy, but dat eh happening this year. This is a good case where a club should stick with a manager and then rebuild.

I'm not on the "fire Roy" bandwagon, but some of his managerial moves have created questions though.  Take this weekend for instance, he waited entirely too long to make changes in the second half when it was clear that the squad needed a spark.  One thing I give him credit for is giving N'gog a chance whenever he could.  The extended absence of Torres at times has facilitated that, but also pairing the two up top rather than isolating Torres by himself has yielded good chemistry between the two.  All that said, I'm still not sure that he's the answer, but I agree that he should be given more time.

Offline Boodsy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: January 08, 2011, 08:24:50 AM »
Hodgson leaves Liverpool
January 8, 2011
By ESPNsoccernet staff

Roy Hodgson has left Liverpool by mutual consent after a dismal seven months in charge, with Kenny Dalglish taking over as manager for the rest of the season.

Hodgson had been under pressure for some time and speculation over his future intensified after Wednesday night's 3-1 defeat at Blackburn Rovers. That left Liverpool in 12th, four points above the relegation zone.

The former Fulham boss was expected to face the media on Friday lunchtime ahead of Sunday's FA Cup showdown with Manchester United at Old Trafford, but the club pulled the plug on the scheduled press conference.

Liverpool face a crucial week, with a trip to Blackpool on Wednesday followed by the Merseyside derby against Everton an Anfield next weekend on the back of the game at United.

Hodgson had lost the supporters following a run of form which included defeats home defeats to Blackpool and Wolverhampton Wanderers, as well as losses at Newcastle United and Stoke City. Liverpool also suffered an embarrassing Carling Cup defeat to League Two strugglers Northampton Town at Anfield.

There has long been a clamour for Dalglish, who successfully managed the club to the Double in the 80s and won the Premier League title with Blackburn Rovers in 1995, to replace Hodgson at the helm. While the move is currently on a temporary basis it will be difficult to replace him should he transform Liverpool's fortunes.

In a statement on the club's website, principal owner John Henry said: "We are grateful for Roy's efforts over the past six months, but both parties thought it in the best interests of the club that he stand down from his position as team manager. We wish him all the best for the future.

"We are delighted that Kenny Dalglish has agreed to step in and manage the team for Sunday's FA Cup tie at Old Trafford and for the remainder of the season.

"Kenny was not just a legendary footballer, he was the third of our three most successful managers - three giants. We are extraordinarily fortunate and grateful that he has decided to step in during the middle of this season.''

Chairman Tom Werner said: "No one who cares for this great club has been happy with the way this season has unfolded and we have examined options and considered at length what is best for us going forward.

"Kenny will bring considerable experience to the position and provide management and leadership for the rest of the season.''

Hodgson said of his departure: "Being asked to manage Liverpool Football Club was a great privilege. Any manager would be honoured to manage a club with such an incredible history, such embedded tradition and such an amazing set of fans.

"Liverpool is one of the great clubs in world football. I have, however, found the last few months some of the most challenging of my career.

"I am very sad not to have been able to put my stamp on the squad, to be given the time to bring new players into the club in this transfer window and to have been able to be part of the rebuilding process at Liverpool.

"The club has some great, world-class players, with whom it has been a pleasure to work and I wish the entire squad well for the rest of the season.

"I thank those with whom I have built up a close working relationship at the club for their loyalty and support during very testing times, and finally of course to the Liverpool fans, your passion and dedication to the club will see Liverpool at the top of the game once more.''

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/862382/roy-hodgson-leaves-liverpool-by-mutual-consent?cc=3888

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: January 08, 2011, 10:56:32 AM »
Over to the players now. No more excuses.  :beermug:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: January 08, 2011, 11:44:42 PM »
Liverpool let Roy Hodgson go – and appoint Kenny Dalglish as caretaker

• Hodgson: 'Last few months most challenging of career'
• Henry: 'Decision made in best interests of club'

Sean Ingle
guardian.co.uk,

Roy Hodgson out, Kenny Dalglish in at Liverpool. Photograph: PA

Saturday 8 January 2011 11.15 GMT

Liverpool have announced that Roy Hodgson has left the club by "mutual consent" – and that Kenny Dalglish has been installed as caretaker manager until the end of the season.

Hodgson, 63, has been under severe presssure after losing nine out of 20 Premier League matches and bemoaning the lack of "the famous Anfield support". And, following the 3-1 defeat at Blackburn on Wednesday, the Liverpool principal owner, John Henry, finally decided to remove Hodgson this morning "in the best interests of the club".

"We are grateful for Roy's efforts over the past six months, but both parties thought it in the best interests of the club that he stand down from his position as team manager," he said. "We wish him all the best for the future."

In a statement Hodgson, who signed a three-year contract when he took charge at Anfield last July, admitted that he had found the "last few months some of the most challenging of my career".

He added: "Being asked to manage Liverpool Football Club was a great privilege. Any manager would be honoured to manage a club with such an incredible history, such embedded tradition and such an amazing set of fans. Liverpool is one of the great clubs in world football.

"I am very sad not to have been able to put my stamp on the squad, to be given the time to bring new players into the club in this transfer window and to have been able to be part of the rebuilding process at Liverpool. The club has some great, world-class players, with whom it has been a pleasure to work and I wish the entire squad well for the rest of the season.

"I thank those with whom I have built up a close working relationship at the club for their loyalty and support during very testing times, and finally of course to the Liverpool fans, your passion and dedication to the club will see Liverpool at the top of the game once more."

Dalglish, who managed Liverpool for nearly six years between May 1985 and February 1991 - winning the double in his first full season before leading the club to two further league titles and two FA Cup triumphs – will take immediate control at Anfield starting with tomorrow's FA Cup third-round tie at Manchester United.

Henry added: "We are delighted that Dalglish has agreed to step in and manage the team for Sunday's FA Cup tie at Old Trafford and for the remainder of the season. Kenny was not just a legendary footballer, he was the third of our three most successful managers – three giants. We are extraordinarily fortunate and grateful that he has decided to step in during the middle of this season."

Meanwhile the chairman, Tom Werner, reflecting on a dismal season which has included home defeats to Northampton Town in the Carling Cup and to Blackpool and Wolves in the Premier League, added: "No one who cares for this great club has been happy with the way this season has unfolded and we have examined options and considered at length what is best for us going forward. Kenny will bring considerable experience to the position and provide management and leadership for the rest of the season."

guardian.co.uk © Guardian News and Media Limited 2011

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: January 09, 2011, 01:47:34 AM »
Found this quite amusing. 

AS usual on Sky they went through the mid week games and Johnson got slated for his defending (or rather lack of it) for the Blackburn goals and his general defending this season.  Merson made the usual poor defending etc along with everybody else and how Hodgson had tried to wake him up earlier in the season. Soon afterwards on Twitter.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1345323/What-twit-Liverpools-Glen-Johnson-astonishing-attack-Paul-Merson.html

What a twit! Liverpool's Glen Johnson in astonishing attack on Paul Merson

Liverpool defender Glen Johnson has launched an outspoken attack on Paul Merson after the former Arsenal midfielder criticised his attitude this season.

Merson, a pundit on Sky Sports' Soccer Saturday programme, was discussing the departure of Reds manager Roy Hodgson when he called Johnson's performances into question.

The England right-back, who trained with the rest of the squad at Melwood this morning ahead of tomorrow's FA Cup third round tie which will see the return of Kenny Dalglish as temporary boss, was obviously watching the programme.

And he chose to respond via his Twitter page.

'Comments from alcoholic drug abusers are not really gonna upset me and who is Paul Merson to judge players, he was average at the best of times,' Johnson wrote.

'The only reason he's on that show is coz he gambled all his money away. The clown!'

A number of people complained that Johnson had brought up Merson's former drug problems and the comments were soon deleted.

In response to the reaction to his previous comments, Johnson later wrote on Twitter: "I dunno wot all the hype is about.

'People who give their opinion all the time should accept that 1 day someone else will give their own opinion.'

Now Merson has well documented problems with drink and gambling which is fair enough, but one thing he was a very good player for a fair few years, average at best just doesn't cut it.  Johnson should wish he is so average. (yes I know Merson is thick as mince)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: January 09, 2011, 07:35:37 AM »
What a f**king twat that Howard Webb is... Berbatov with an absolute dive in the first minute of the game and that bald c**t of a ref fell for it.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: January 09, 2011, 07:36:34 AM »
big big dive...how did the ref fall for that...?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: January 09, 2011, 07:38:40 AM »
lame dive  :-X , Say what, 1 nil i go take it.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: January 09, 2011, 07:52:44 AM »
lame dive  :-X , Say what, 1 nil i go take it.

Of course you will... allyuh men have no kinda shame whatsoever.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: January 09, 2011, 08:05:41 AM »
red card , Gerard off
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...