May 21, 2024, 07:17:41 PM

Author Topic: No More Concerts and Fete in National stadium  (Read 6215 times)

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
No More Concerts and Fete in National stadium
« on: March 01, 2008, 06:34:56 PM »
ah heard today that the Minister of sports and youth affairs said in de express that no more concerts etc in the stadium any one has a copy /excerpt. good news
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: No More Concerts and Fete in National stadium
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 06:38:30 PM »
Dem concerts and fetes does bring een good money dat helps with de upkeep of de Stadium.

I hope Government has a replacement for the revenue generated by these events.

Ooops...I forgot....they do.  It's called T&T taxpayers.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 06:46:44 PM »
Dem concerts and fetes does bring een good money dat helps with de upkeep of de Stadium.

So why it never upkept even when they having the fetes and concert in it ::)
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2008, 06:55:04 PM »

oil  :whistling:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2008, 08:46:43 PM »

oil  :whistling:
$103.00US ah barrel.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2008, 09:00:28 PM »
Ppl not easy nah....they let the Soca monarch in the QP and ppl complain. Now the Govt say no fete in the stadium complain too.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2008, 07:35:20 AM »
upkeep what??
lol

when they have a few holes to fill they use flickin SAND! or doh fill it

they play rugby on it and doh maintain it...
whoever in charge of maintaining those fields needs a swift kick in their head and to be fired!

trinidad is really not know how to keep a good thing going eh...
the stadiums for one, the national library had some scenes with it and i wanna see wha goin on with that brian lara complex..hmmm

all that money for them stadiums and when ya play on it and reach home after ya hadda dust ya boots out cause of all the sand in it!

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2008, 08:33:09 AM »

So why it never upkept even when they having the fetes and concert in it ::)

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
If you see how de oval was lookin after dem fete and dat is where we had to go play guadeloupe. Everybody was sliding and falling.. a thru break-back affair..
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2008, 08:45:29 AM »
Buju Banton....ah tink de night after the El Salvador game
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

giggsy11

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2008, 10:05:06 AM »
Dey shouldn't be abusin the surface like dat. It does already look like goat dos be grazin on it!

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2008, 10:45:22 AM »
movado comming up
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2008, 12:05:30 PM »

Promoters angry after Stadium ban

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article?id=161286209

Concert promoters are distressed over an order from Minister of Sport and Youth Affairs, Gary Hunt, that no cultural or entertainment events be allowed at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

The promoters are predicting a collapse of the fledgling entertainment industry, as there is now no readily available venue where large-scale shows, including those featuring calypso, soca and local comedy, can be held.

Randy Glasgow, founder of Randy Glasgow Productions, is leading a group of promoters seeking to mobilise fellow promoters, artistes, musicians, sound companies, vendors and others that are being affected by Hunt's action.

A meeting is being planned for March 5 at a time and venue to be announced.

Glasgow told the Express yesterday that with the stadium out of bounds to arts and culture, hundreds of people are now facing a major loss of income.

"This will cripple the industry and severely hinder the development of culture in this nation. As promoters, we plan our events months in advance and for the Minister to just drop this upon us is unreasonable, because he knows that there is no suitable alternative venue. We are calling on Minister Hunt to reconsider," he said.

"Many lives are being affected by this move-artistes, musicians, vendors and those providing support services now can't earn a living. Planned shows are in jeopardy, for example RGP may have to cancel a planned Mother's Day Show, the Retro Calypso Soca Monarch Competition and a 50th Anniversary Tribute to Stalin.

"This is critical because we are always boasting that we are the Mecca of this and that, throwing a set of big talk yet culture has no proper place anywhere."

Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2008, 12:32:08 PM »
Good decision but i still think they took too long to do it,it have so many stadiums and places in T&T to hold open air shows and fete why over load the HS stadium which was built primarily for sports,why didn't they name it after Goerge Bailey or Harold Saldina,i'm sure Hasely don't even go in there unless he have too,i've always said the biggest mistake our government ever made was getting rid of the Gran Stand in the Savannah,the Savannah which was the home of every sportsman in the country nobody likes it anymore,i remember leaving San Juan to either practice,play or watch Football for free,now people talking about Temawe(spell). 

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2008, 12:44:52 PM »
Hopefully this is true...  Now..fix the pitch and we good

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2008, 03:51:44 PM »
Well Bruce Springsteen will be playing two nights at the Emirates Stadium. Maybe Hunt's idea is good short term, while they send me to study how it's done!  :rotfl:
Live large and prosper!

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2008, 07:52:53 PM »
jed...they could have the concerts there ya know, but they have to do intense maintenance startin the next day for a week! no activities at all!
in d Emirates they hadda do it right...and if it cant be revived, they buy new rolls of grass..simple!
we eh ready for that level...

dem real poor down here...ya know what it is ya dive for a ball and get up ya skin burnin from that sand! lol
as a keeper it ok t have that maybe for a trainin field, it easier on the body. But in ya main stadium???
steupssssssss

Trinidad too lackadaisical,  they buy it..up keep it nah!
no..ya wanna buy a NEW staidum for almost a billion
steupsssss

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2008, 01:46:27 PM »

Promoters angry after Stadium ban

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article?id=161286209

Concert promoters are distressed over an order from Minister of Sport and Youth Affairs, Gary Hunt, that no cultural or entertainment events be allowed at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

The promoters are predicting a collapse of the fledgling entertainment industry, as there is now no readily available venue where large-scale shows, including those featuring calypso, soca and local comedy, can be held.

Randy Glasgow, founder of Randy Glasgow Productions, is leading a group of promoters seeking to mobilise fellow promoters, artistes, musicians, sound companies, vendors and others that are being affected by Hunt's action.

A meeting is being planned for March 5 at a time and venue to be announced.

Glasgow told the Express yesterday that with the stadium out of bounds to arts and culture, hundreds of people are now facing a major loss of income.

"This will cripple the industry and severely hinder the development of culture in this nation. As promoters, we plan our events months in advance and for the Minister to just drop this upon us is unreasonable, because he knows that there is no suitable alternative venue. We are calling on Minister Hunt to reconsider," he said.

"Many lives are being affected by this move-artistes, musicians, vendors and those providing support services now can't earn a living. Planned shows are in jeopardy, for example RGP may have to cancel a planned Mother's Day Show, the Retro Calypso Soca Monarch Competition and a 50th Anniversary Tribute to Stalin.

"This is critical because we are always boasting that we are the Mecca of this and that, throwing a set of big talk yet culture has no proper place anywhere."

All dem promoters and dem should keep quiet.  If they had come together 10 yrs ago and put 5% of the profits from they shows, by now they coulda build dey own cultural center.  Everything people want in this country, they does beg the gov't for it...even if is for dey own benefit.

The Minister said that the carnival activities were the last in the stadium because they were already planned and booked before his announcement, but now I hearing Buju and Beres coming jes now and Movado coming not long after.  Let the feters find somewhere else to mash up.  I fed up watching football in the Oval.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2008, 03:02:14 PM »
U preach dey Pardners. D oval is d wuss place 2 watch futbol
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2008, 04:25:38 AM »

So Jean Pierre available?
And what about the stadium car park.....it pretty damn big.
Still wondering what happened to the million dollar covers to protect the field for these events.

They cud go Rienzi complex   :rotfl:

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2008, 04:30:56 AM »
dont understand why these promoters feel that the government should provide a venue ?

If there is that much demand why has'nt someone bulit somewhere that they can rent out ?
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2008, 06:46:15 AM »
Steups. Even if they used to cover the ground with protective covering and have it in a decent state...i wouldnt have much problem with the promoters using it. But in most cases they dont. Plus the preparations for the concert disrupt whatever activities that can be held at the stadium beforehand. Carnival gone here i remember reading an article saying how the track team couldnt train at the stadium for carifta games because of the preparations for AC6. As a result they lost out on about a week of training...and like nobody seem to buisness. But yuh could have a setta promoters talking out dey rear because dey concerned about fete....which seems to be the only thing this country ever serious about.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2008, 08:29:47 AM »
Randy Glascow and dem does vex me with dey shit oui. He make millions every year setting up all dem big show. He and alll dem other big wigs in the industry and still they will talk about government building a place for them to have fete. Everybody wah it easy. If you want to have it why don't you and all yuh big pardnah dem doh come together and save a few ah de millions to build something for the culture to shine. Government eh doing it why dem eh do it, if they so love 'we culture'. It make you wonder. :flamethrower:
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2008, 08:51:19 AM »
Steups. Even if they used to cover the ground with protective covering and have it in a decent state...i wouldnt have much problem with the promoters using it. But in most cases they dont. Plus the preparations for the concert disrupt whatever activities that can be held at the stadium beforehand. Carnival gone here i remember reading an article saying how the track team couldnt train at the stadium for carifta games because of the preparations for AC6. As a result they lost out on about a week of training...and like nobody seem to buisness. But yuh could have a setta promoters talking out dey rear because dey concerned about fete....which seems to be the only thing this country ever serious about.

I remember when we used to train and play Tennis Tournament in the Jean Pierre Complex back in the day. I swear for years when I going there it have a pile ah ply board all the way to yuh head all over the ground, if you run too hard you end up on top it like butter over a crix. You have to go and fit yourself between the mile ah ply board to get a ball so you could play yuh Tennis. If it have a concert coming up well lord help because dey coming to tell yuh last minute that all activities have to be stopped because dey have concert to get ready for. Concert done and next day you playing a match with all kind ah naill and piece ah iron all around the place. Is just chaos when sport and fete clash, not a good mix in TnT.

The first time the International Tennis Federation come to assess the venues for Davis Cup (the top team tennis tornament in the world) they immediately say Trinidad is the capitol for Tennis in the Caribbean because we have 10,000 seating facilities to play Tennis that no other Island has for the sport. But then when it was time to play Tournament they see how much torture it was to get the facilities properly run, the Representative say he had to remove the title from the facility because of all the confusion when dealing managment. We have the facilities but the management is poor.

Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2008, 09:08:21 AM »

We have the facilities but the management is poor.

REALLY??!!  Yuh lie!!!...we cyar manage dem ting??....eh heh??....soooo uuuummm how we making out wid de Tsunami shelter??.... ::) ::) ssstteeeuupppss!!!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 09:11:23 AM by brownsugar »
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
No more use of the stadium for fetes
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2009, 05:08:24 PM »
Flex, Tallman and the other mods. I ain't sure if this is the right section, but this was on both Guardian and Express.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article_news?id=161556301

I agree to a point. I don hope they can build the Carnival center so they can have mega-fetes and concerts and give the stadium a rest for athletic endeavours. If we had a culture of maintenance I would not mind but we all know that is not the case. In Brazil the Sambadrome was built by the big business(beer, softdrink and food). This Carnival center could be built if the big business do their part. It will take the strain off the tax payers.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: No more use of the stadium for fetes
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2009, 11:19:58 PM »
Every yr dey does say dat blieve it when I C it
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
No concerts at Hasely Crawford Stadium
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2011, 03:44:37 PM »
ctntworld.com

The Chief Executive Officer of the Sportt Company says the Hasely Crawford Stadium will not be granting permission for any cultural activity to be held at the venue in the future.

Mr Ken Ashby said this includes a July 31st fete that is being advertised.

Speaking during a tour of the new porplastics track at the National Stadium, Mr Ashby said his company has to protect Government's investment and he warned the public about showing up for any advertised shows at the venue.

"Concerts featuring any artistes including Mr Mavado, whoever he is, at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, today, tomorrow or for the rest of the year. So don't come to the Hasely Crawford Stadium expecting to have a concert. You will be turned back."
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2011, 03:51:48 PM »
 :rotfl: Anil is a rel c**t , i guess he learn the hard way, even though people tell him don't do it .

ENT ANIL FETE NICE FOR THE STADIUM ENT?. idiot
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2011, 04:03:27 PM »
:rotfl: Anil is a rel c**t , i guess he learn the hard way, even though people tell him don't do it .

ENT ANIL FETE NICE FOR THE STADIUM ENT?. idiot
       Take it easy Breds,fetes,concerts and various shows have been the norm at the HCS before Anil became sports minister so i don't see what's the big issue,he did not start the Fete thing.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: No concerts at Hasely Crawford Stadium
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2011, 04:04:55 PM »
ctntworld.com

The Chief Executive Officer of the Sportt Company says the Hasely Crawford Stadium will not be granting permission for any cultural activity to be held at the venue in the future.

Mr Ken Ashby said this includes a July 31st fete that is being advertised.

Speaking during a tour of the new porplastics track at the National Stadium, Mr Ashby said his company has to protect Government's investment and he warned the public about showing up for any advertised shows at the venue.

"Concerts featuring any artistes including Mr Mavado, whoever he is, at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, today, tomorrow or for the rest of the year. So don't come to the Hasely Crawford Stadium expecting to have a concert. You will be turned back."

I believe the guys name is Errol Ashby

1]; } ?>