May 03, 2024, 01:43:28 PM

Author Topic: 02 Maximum Performance  (Read 3527 times)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
02 Maximum Performance
« on: September 02, 2008, 02:29:07 PM »
As we on hi tech training aids and ting.

For those who have fox soccer channel..FSC

Alyuh ever see a ad O2 Maximum Performance.

o2 performance website

Can our athletes use this when we playing matches and men bun...Also When we go Mexico and in the Azteca...can we use this and counteract any kinda altitude effects?...I ent think FIFA ketch on to this yet.

Is oxygen in a canister and by inhaling it, you get a burst of energy, fatigue is gone and improved performance.

Boost Your Energy and Endurance with O2 Maximum Performance!

First there was water in a bottle, Now, there is oxygen in a can!

O2 Maximum Performance is the newest consumer product to come on the market that benefits people in many important and fascinating ways. It's oxygen! 92% pure enriched oxygen!

The normal air you breathe is only 21% oxygen. When added oxygen gets into your blood stream, it boosts your energy, enhances performance, and increases your endurance. Other benefits are sharper mental focus and it will quicken your recovery from fatigue. It's for recreational, not medical use. It's 100% safe and cannot be overused. O2 Maximum Performance is fast and easy to use. Just inhale two or three times...and that's it!

O2 Maximum Performance can be used before, during, or after any physical exercise, indoor or outdoor. Other benefits are sharper mental focus and it will quicken your recovery from fatigue. O2 Maximum Performance can boost energy levels, enhance your performance, and improve overall endurance. Great for athletes and non athletes!

It's ideal for:

* Runners
    * Bikers
    * Skiers
    * Tennis Players
    * Hikers
    * Boxers
    * Power Walkers
    * Martial Arts
    * Fitness Enthusiasts

Take the next step towards more energy right now! Order O2 Maximum Performance!    
Add to Cart

O2 Maximum Performance 92% Pure Oxygen
$19.95

Details

TRAIN HARDER * PLAY LONGER * PERFORM BETTER!

« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 02:33:28 PM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
Re: 02 Maximum Performance
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 02:31:34 PM »
sounds like low tech doping to me...but hey, if  the instant relief spray is allowed, why not?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 02:33:43 PM »
we wait for KND2 to post  ::)
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 02:41:05 PM »
I vaguely remember from bio that when the oxygen is too concentrated that it results in the person getting high..to the point that its dangerous. Let me do some research and see..I stand to be corrected doh.

However i doh see that being a problem....the higher concentration of oxygen allows more to be taken into the body when inhaled resulting in the oxygen debt being repaid faster...and the aerobic processes to occur. In fact one time we made a trip to azteca..when we were assured of qualification to the Hex...i believe it was for the 2002 campaign...so the game against mexico didnt matter...and we were destroyed..something like 4 nil or something. After the game the coaching staff said something to the effect of..."doh worry.....for the final round we using oxygen tanks..so our players wont feel fatigue and be collapsing."

Anybody else remember dat?

Edit.. i see dis so far...

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=227385

Thank you for allowing me an opportunity to answer your interesting
question.

Any given concentration of oxygen that comes under higher atmospheric
pressure atmospheric is increased, thus the creating the potential for
toxicity when one begins to inhale a concentration of more than 21%.
Any excess oxygen inhaled is called "supplemental oxygen” and like
anything absorbed by the human body in excess a higher than normal
dose is toxic. People with healthy lungs only need the amount of
oxygen that normal atmospheric pressure allows. Anything above 21%
oxygen concentration is considered "supplemental oxygen."

Because of the increase in gas pressures at certain depths, people
tend to inhale a higher than normal oxygen PRESSURE. While the
percentage is actually the same (since compressed air is still 21%
oxygen at any depth) the pressure increases with depth and a higher
total pressure of oxygen that is inhaled, thus a high CONCENTRATION of
oxygen is also inhaled. The resulting “overdose” of oxygen is
sometimes toxic to the lungs and central nervous system. To avoid
this, oxygen is often mixed at a lower percentage (which would be
dangerous in a normal atmosphere) because the high ambient pressure
increases the intake to such a degree as to make it sufficient.

I would assume that for an environment at the azteca the oxygen would be a higher concentration so that the lower pressure at that height would not be an issue. I just thinking out loud...because the is advertising 92% Pure oxygen. I not sure what to believe yet.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 02:52:56 PM by Bourbon »
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 03:07:07 PM »
In fact one time we made a trip to azteca..when we were assured of qualification to the Hex...i believe it was for the 2002 campaign...so the game against mexico didnt matter...and we were destroyed..something like 4 nil or something.

Is 7 we get
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 03:08:08 PM »
Dat is trouble, if yuh ask me!

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 03:16:02 PM »
O2 MAX PERFORMANCE and 2 box of Lifestyles...slaughter.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2008, 03:26:06 PM »
touches aircraft used LOX liquid oxygen to provide air

we used to go mexico and come back to base about 5am and take one dose ah it and sober and ready to go

if this is anything like it yuh good to go

it bessssssssss
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2008, 04:09:33 PM »
i eh sweat in months due to injury..

when i run out again i could use a can of this. $19.95 yuh say?

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2008, 06:02:23 PM »
Touches, Yuh ever use it?  ;D Oh yeah we go need that if we playing Mex in they country. Yuh know how they have polluted air down deh, any team who playing does have problem breathing on they field.   

I want ah can!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 06:14:30 PM by Weh-it-is »
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2008, 08:07:14 AM »
Under seriousness

I feel we should get a case and rest it on the field next to the water bottles for we players to use on Saturday.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2008, 08:14:30 AM »
Under seriousness

I feel we should get a case and rest it on the field next to the water bottles for we players to use on Saturday.

You trying to geh thee police to beat we.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 08:18:22 AM by Weh-it-is »
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2008, 08:45:57 AM »
They cyah use that in India, Pakistan, Italy and Argentina...or anywhere else them people always lighting fire and peltin flares in the stadium.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2008, 09:36:02 AM »
I just saw the ad...but you mean to tell me they don't know anything about that...if that the case TTFF have to be living in the dark age or they just dumb

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2008, 10:44:29 AM »
I just saw the ad...but you mean to tell me they don't know anything about that...if that the case TTFF have to be living in the dark age or they just dumb

So if they know about it, then why they ent using it is thee???

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2008, 11:12:35 AM »
when ah started seeing dis ad on tv ah just used to smile.....NOW after hearing Smiling Bob and Enzyte ah does actually laugh when ah see it....how bout men just train and get fit like Freddie Ljungberg used to be?!?!?!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2008, 11:33:14 AM »
I doh know much about what the effects might be from a physiological standpoint... but I'm skeptical.  Oxygen only helps you catalyze the fuel stored in your body... it doesn't provide fuel (energy) itself.  Seems to me you'd still need a supply of fuel... but not my area of expertise, admittedly.

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2008, 12:13:12 PM »
I doh know much about what the effects might be from a physiological standpoint... but I'm skeptical.  Oxygen only helps you catalyze the fuel stored in your body... it doesn't provide fuel (energy) itself.  Seems to me you'd still need a supply of fuel... but not my area of expertise, admittedly.

doesn't oxygen help get rid of the lactic acid (which contributes to muscle fatigue) build-up in muscles? just asking?

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2008, 12:58:58 PM »
I doh know about this one. Something hadda be wrong there.

I see the ad too but I have never seen any professional in any sport have a bottle of oxygen waiting for them to suck on during a break.

There has to be a reason for that because this technology can't be now being discovered and already on a "As seen on TV" ad.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2008, 01:07:10 PM »

nah it cant be a supply of fuel. its kind of like a kick of adrenaline u could say. it sharpens your vision, you're able to react faster etc. it enhances the body.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2008, 01:07:31 PM »
I doh know about this one. Something hadda be wrong there.

I see the ad too but I have never seen any professional in any sport have a bottle of oxygen waiting for them to suck on during a break.

There has to be a reason for that because this technology can't be now being discovered and already on a "As seen on TV" ad.

I've only seen it used in NFL games for the big dudes who need to catch their breaths
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2008, 01:27:53 PM »
I'm not too sure if there is a quick fix for the altitude issue. The body just needs time to acclimatize. I've been to Mexico city several times and the altitude and just general duttiness is real pressure. So them boys go hadda be more defensive minded. If they could go to Mexico a few days early it may help a bit.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2008, 02:05:12 PM »
They use it in the NFL but I would be surprised if it has a significant effect.

The concentration of oxygen in the air is not the limiting factor in breathing and metabolism and the body is accustomed to the concentration in each breath so increasing it does not have an effect.

In fact when you can't breathe, it is the build of of CO2 that gets yuh before the lack of oxygen so when yuh see people blowing hard it is more about getting rid of CO2 than bringing in oxygen. Of course each breath does both but there is still no shortage of O2.

The only time it might be useful is at high altitudes as Touches says when yuh body is not accustom to the lower oxygen content inthe air.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2008, 02:22:06 PM »

doesn't oxygen help get rid of the lactic acid (which contributes to muscle fatigue) build-up in muscles? just asking?

lactic acid is produced under anaerobic conditions, i.e. when oxygen is not present...my guesstimate is that the O2 MAX provides that O2 in order to prevent or minimize formation of d lactic acid..ah cud be wrong eh cuz Life Sciences wasnt mih favorite course...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2008, 02:25:44 PM »

I think that's right, but I usually associate lactic acid build up as taking measurable effect some 12 hours or so later, manifested in soreness and sluggishness in the muscles.  I never really think of lactic acid build up taking place immediately, or that it's immediately reversible.   I never really studied exercise physiology or anything like that though... just thinking back to my Bio days.

nah it cant be a supply of fuel. its kind of like a kick of adrenaline u could say. it sharpens your vision, you're able to react faster etc. it enhances the body.

I dunno about that... unless you speaking from personal experience or sumting I still kinda skeptical.  I've seen guys on NFL sidelines getting oxygen as Spidey say... but that's usually to help them breathe and recover from exhaustion.  Never got the impression, nor was it expressly touted as having some kinda booster effect.

lactic acid is produced under anaerobic conditions, i.e. when oxygen is not present...my guesstimate is that the O2 MAX provides that O2 in order to prevent or minimize formation of d lactic acid..ah cud be wrong eh cuz Life Sciences wasnt mih favorite course...

This is true too... glucose in the body is broken down during glycolyis and split into two pyruvic acid molecules, releasing energy in the form of ATP. In an anaerobic state the pyruvic acid is converted into lactic acid, which is then released into the muscle tissue. So additional oxygen would not only prevent the build up of lactic acid, but also make respiration more efficient; hence my original statement about catalyzing existing fuel in the system.

Problem with O2 Max is that it's not touted as having a preventive or even primarily a recovery effect, but rather is promoted as providing some sorta energy boost.  That's what I find somewhat incredible.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 02:43:55 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2008, 07:23:01 PM »

So if they know about it, then why they ent using it is thee???

how the f**k should i know...unless they are and we don't know

1]; } ?>